Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Someone brought it up on Roberts's twitter, but the broken English kind of makes it hard to understand.

But if Brainstorm is the traitor, how come mirror Brainstorm alerted the DJD but "original" Brainstorm didn't? Both Brainstorms knew about Overlord since the beginning, but why would mirror Brainstorm have waited to bring the DJD over until there was an official announcement about Overlord? Or maybe the Decepticon symbol was a plant as Nautica hoped and it wasn't Brainstorm at all.

Iced Cocoa fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I assumed because Brainstorm knew of Overlord's presence the whole time, he was happy to study him at his leisure. In the alt- reality, Magnus stops this and so Brainstorm sees no reason not to call the DJD. In the current reality, Overlord is "killed" so there's no reason to call in the DJD until now, for mysterious Brainstormy reasons.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I was looking to see if there's a way to subscribe to MTMTE for a more reasonable price than four dollars an issue when I found this Japanese fan-video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cq60OAhcXQ

I'm sure it's a reference to something but I prefer to think it's not

Unknownone
Apr 23, 2003

Some stupid 04 bought me this
MTMTE:
Brainstorm, please don't be evil.

Also what the gently caress is in that goddam briefcase. Do both contain the same thing? Argh.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Re: the briefcase; it's been opened three times that I know of: Lost Light-1 Swerve popped it open and started acting strangely. Nautica and Nightbeat cracked it on the Lost Light-A and time went wibbly. And, Lost Light-1 Brainstorm opened it and everybody else "instantly" went unconscious.

So, there's either two briefcases, from both the Lost Light-1 and the Lost Light-A, one of which is held by Nightbeat and one by Brainstorm. Or, there's only one briefcase, and it's a quantum constant (not a quantum singularity that's entirely different don't look at me like that Riptide). Either way, at least twice we've seen the briefcase mess with comic conventions - Swerve explicitly breaking the fourth wall, and wibbly time being expressed as out-of-order panels, with handy floor numbers from the elevator so you can piece it together yourself. And the third time, everyone passed out - in the white space between panels. So I'm starting to wonder if the briefcase is meant to be playing with the comic itself, as an oblique way of implying just how badly it mistreats the universe.

e: Also, if there's two briefcases, whatever kept the -A case around is undoubtedly related to whatever kept Rewind-A from vanishing.

At least I'm pretty sure Rewind and Chromedome won't be having terrible things happen to them any time soon. Otherwise Roberts is going to have a planeful of people flying over to Blighty with the sole purpose of kicking him hard in the shins.

Phy fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Sep 17, 2014

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Everything about this issue was fantastic. From Skids calling out Megatron, to Ravage being a total cat with Nautica, to Rewind and Chromedome getting back together:3::3::3::3::3: to the Brainstorm reveal, to the final page

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Phy posted:

Either way, at least twice we've seen the briefcase mess with comic conventions - Swerve explicitly breaking the fourth wall, and wibbly time being expressed as out-of-order panels, with handy floor numbers from the elevator so you can piece it together yourself. And the third time, everyone passed out - in the white space between panels. So I'm starting to wonder if the briefcase is meant to be playing with the comic itself, as an oblique way of implying just how badly it mistreats the universe.

A metabomb caused the fourth wall breaking, not the briefcase.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Epilogue 1: EEEEEEEEEEE!
Epilogue 2: AAAAAAAAAAAH!

I hope you enjoyed our sound-by-sound recap of the end of this issue of MTMTE.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Iced Cocoa posted:

A metabomb caused the fourth wall breaking, not the briefcase.

Oh, ok I'm a dolt.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Didn't Brainstorm open the case to grab the special/unique spark on Luna 1? I feel like that was on-panel.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Captain Invictus posted:

I was looking to see if there's a way to subscribe to MTMTE for a more reasonable price than four dollars an issue when I found this Japanese fan-video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cq60OAhcXQ

I'm sure it's a reference to something but I prefer to think it's not

Not sure what I was expecting from just the thumbnail but it definitely wasn't that.

Third opening to the Farewell Mr. Despair OVA, a pretty good slice-of-life surrealist highschool horror-comedy

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Captain Magic posted:

Didn't Brainstorm open the case to grab the special/unique spark on Luna 1? I feel like that was on-panel.

I had to check it. However when they see the green spark Rodimus asks sarcastically if it is going into the briefcase. Brainstorm only answers with "You just blew my mind"

And I guess this is the panel you were talking about. The briefcase is there, but not open.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Iced Cocoa posted:

I had to check it. However when they see the green spark Rodimus asks sarcastically if it is going into the briefcase. Brainstorm only answers with "You just blew my mind"

And I guess this is the panel you were talking about. The briefcase is there, but not open.
The Coda story to the final issue of Remain in Light mentions that Brainstorm had the spark hidden in his chest cavity. Read the part where he walks into Swerve's bar and asks Swerve about the briefcase

I like Megatron's aside about undercover Decepticon agents, asking Nightbeat whether he had been approached. Of course Nightbeat got turned into an undercover agent for the Dead Universe in the Hardhead Spotlight.

And holy poo poo about Brainstorm. I would have never guessed that. Nice work Roberts. That explains why Brainstorm had that hose in his arm to suck up the drink at Swerve's bar in issue 29. Don't want anyone to see his mouth plate when he drinks

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So the Hub is dead.

It's getting Reverted back into a Discovery Kids channel, and while Hasbro still owns a part of it. There's no word on what programs are going to be affected by this.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Iced Cocoa posted:

I just saw Brainstorm's open chest cavity there for the first time.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The Taint Reaper posted:

So the Hub is dead.

It's getting Reverted back into a Discovery Kids channel, and while Hasbro still owns a part of it. There's no word on what programs are going to be affected by this.

While I'm sure Hasbro might keep some of it's shows on there, this sounds to me to be very likely Hasbro will probably go back to having one of the actually important Children's Networks for any future shows or seasons, with the big thing being whether they go crawling back to Cartoon Network(CN would probably appreciate having Transformers again, and especially the stupidly huge amounts of money the Pastel Talking Equines would bring them), or if they try something with Nickelodeon(I hope not, cause Nick has been a horrible network for about 6-8 years now for the most part, and action shows don't thrive well there)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Well, there's a RID2015 panel at the NYCC in October, so I suspect there will be details then of where it's going to be broadcast.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Found a Roadbuster at Target last night. Photos didn't get me jazzed but I have an addiction to plastic so I picked him up and

drat

Get Wrecked.

He's pretty rad. I've got some minor gripes, namely joint quality and the same lovely translucent light piping that Tankor has, but he's super cool, and has a million guns, and poses pretty nice. Except he's got no wrists for no loving reason.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I apparently got a bum Roadbuster. One ankle is on backwards, one inner shoulder joint is loose, guns only peg in sometimes... It makes me sad, because I love the toy overall, but if poo poo doesn't stay pegged in, or poo poo's misassembled, it makes the entire thing worse.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Sockser posted:

Found a Roadbuster at Target last night. Photos didn't get me jazzed but I have an addiction to plastic so I picked him up and

drat

Get Wrecked.

He's pretty rad. I've got some minor gripes, namely joint quality and the same lovely translucent light piping that Tankor has, but he's super cool, and has a million guns, and poses pretty nice. Except he's got no wrists for no loving reason.

His hands a bummer and the super-tight shoulder pivot TERRIFIES me, but I really like everything else. Chunky, non-fiddly Transformers make me happy.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
You gotta put some stickers on him! I went with Wrekcers over Autobot because Roadbuster gets so #Wrekt. I also grabbed Sky Byte who is a nightmare of poo poo paint apps so I'm getting a new one mailed to me from Hasbro. I really like him as a toy however. Windblade is also really cool although Jihaxious is the most insane color I've ever seen.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Jhiaxus is an amazing shade of orange. I understand people repainting him to look like G2 Jhiaxus, or straight up IDW Jhiaxus, but frankly I love his orange and I love that it feels kind of unique.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Don't forget that the Hub was a rebranded Discovery: Kids to begin with. New episodes of Hasbro Studios shows will continue to be on the now rebranded Discovery: Family, Hasbro provides the day content, Discovery provides the evening & night content, and Hasbro still has part ownership. Also, keep in mind that the Hub has actually been turning a profit. There's no reason to speculate when you can just read. The only real question is how many of Hasbro's shares Discovery is acquiring. They were at an even 50/50 ownership and were evenly splitting the operations of the network. Putting Discovery in charge of running the network makes more sense than having control split and half-run by a (mostly) toy company.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, as much doomsaying going around (and let's be honest, people actually hoping it did badly just to spite hasbloooow) the Hub managed to do well consistently. I'm sure the next RID show will be profitable too, and possibly fun if they make it more lighthearted like they announced (from what I understand the rescue bots show was apparently enjoyable for what it was).

Kurui Reiten posted:

I apparently got a bum Roadbuster. One ankle is on backwards, one inner shoulder joint is loose, guns only peg in sometimes... It makes me sad, because I love the toy overall, but if poo poo doesn't stay pegged in, or poo poo's misassembled, it makes the entire thing worse.

I think you're the second report I've read about Roadbuster having two of the same ankle pieces. Get it exchanged if you can. The other part that terrifies me about it is the very frail pin that holds his brown shoulder pieces attached to his torso. I'd recommend grabbing him firmly by his shoulders when you're attempting to pose him.

Now I'm wondering what is BBTS's exchange policy if it happens to me, do I have to mail them the figure back and they send me a replacement all the way down here?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Actually, it's not two of the same ankle pieces. One is simply attached backwards. I would try to tap the pin out, but it's one of those pins where one of the heads is like five times the size of the other. Also, who the poo poo decided hexagon peg holes paired with side-scooped 5mm pegs were a good idea? Especially on something like Roadbuster, they hold terribly.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kurui Reiten posted:

Jhiaxus is an amazing shade of orange. I understand people repainting him to look like G2 Jhiaxus, or straight up IDW Jhiaxus, but frankly I love his orange and I love that it feels kind of unique.

There is seriously no other transformer in existence that uses that same shade of orange. It's just amazing how the color looks in person.

Oh jeez this is for real:

Magnus is Dr.Strange disguised as Mario

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Sep 19, 2014

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The Taint Reaper posted:

There is seriously no other transformer in existence that uses that same shade of orange. It's just amazing how the color looks in person.

What am i looking at?

E: oh Jesus Christ no

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Taint Reaper posted:

I don't believe you

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I don't get it, isn't it just based on that G1 episode?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Is anyone looking for a roommate for TFcon in Chicago? Don't worry, it's not me, it's a friend.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'd say they kind of get a pass because they're just sticking to the 80's design, but I remember even as a kid in the 80's I thought those designs were incredibly hideous. If you're not actively working on a farm or in a garage, there's never an acceptable excuse for overalls, let alone an overall-themed jumpsuit.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Knormal posted:

I'd say they kind of get a pass because they're just sticking to the 80's design, but I remember even as a kid in the 80's I thought those designs were incredibly hideous. If you're not actively working on a farm or in a garage, there's never an acceptable excuse for overalls, let alone an overall-themed jumpsuit.

They were pre-empting hipsters by 20 years.

Happy Fun Bollocks
Aug 4, 2007

by Ion Helmet
I made a simple color-coded table showing IDW's publication order.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Happy Fun Bollocks posted:

I made a simple color-coded table showing IDW's publication order.

Awesome, this is incredibly useful.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
"I need regulations on lab safety like I needa new hole in the head."

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Phy posted:

"That would've worked if you hadn't stopped me."

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Phy posted:

why does he have a mouth

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
So he can have a nice, refreshing glass of energon when he's thirsty, silly.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

MP-01 did so why not wheeljack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Sarah Stone's 30th Anniversary cover for Robots in Disguise #33. Nice to know that Last Stand of the Wreckers gets some love.