Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Deadly Premonition is the best game I never want to see or touch again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
So, the same goon that challenged me to become a Bad Rats King waaaaay back when (I completed that challenge) has issued me another challenge via a "gift". I'm to print off, color, and then post these in this thread: http://store.steampowered.com/app/321420/
Should be fun.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Palpek posted:

Deadly Premonition is a supercool game which is worth playing through by yourself.

I really want to play it but the port runs like absolute rear end on my machine.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Do animes really say "righto"? Are there cockney animes?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mokinokaro posted:

I really want to play it but the port runs like absolute rear end on my machine.

Don't worry, it also ran like absolute rear end on consoles so you are just getting the authentic experience.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Do animes really say "righto"? Are there cockney animes?

animes can be whatever you want them to be. thats the magic of animes

Orv
May 4, 2011

Awesome! posted:

animes can be whatever you want them to be. thats the magic of animes

Then why aren't they all dead.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Orv posted:

Then why aren't they all dead.

MODS!!??

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

smenj posted:

Skimmed the last few pages and haven't seen anybody else asking, so here goes:

As someone who enjoyed the hell out of Arkham Asylum and City, is Origins worth getting for £5.74? I've heard lots of complaints about it (several of my friends say something's off with the combat, for some reason, though I have no idea what's apparently been changed), but other than a couple of things (plot not being as good and such), I'm not sure what those were. I've also heard a small minority say it's their favourite of the Arkham games. Shall I just go for it, or wait a bit until it's slightly cheaper (or goes on sale on GMG, where I have credit to spend)?

I'm one of the people who thinks the combat in Arkham Origins was a little off (but only in the campaign, the challenge rooms are the same as City) but there are others in the Arkham thread who don't notice any difference in the combat. As for story, I happen to think it's the best of the Arkham games but others disagree. I say get it but I'm a huge Arkham fan.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It's less than six quid. Just go for it you goon. :v:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
It started off a little awkward and clumsy, but it fell right into being on par with Arkham City. Also, Shock Gloves own :colbert:

e: I don't recommend playing it on Hard. The start is really rough, bulletspongey and kinda crappy with no abilities and skills. The problem is you cant turn Difficulty down either. It does get easier once you get Shock Gloves and things but I dont think it's worth roughing through a really frustrating start.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I'll fourth the recs for Arkham Origins. It's literally more of the same, similar play and similar quality.

If you've not played a Batman game for a year or two, it's just as good. If it's been less time, you'll probably think it's outstayed its welcome.

It was fun.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Indie Gala keeps sinking to new lows. Their latest Greenlight bundle includes(All caps comes from copy-pasting):

INTO THE GLOOM

CATMOUTH ISLAND

SAM GLYPH: PRIVATE EYE!

MIND DEAD

UNDEAD LEGIONS

BANZAI PECAN: LAST HOPE FOR THE YOUNG CENTURY

BOMB THE MONSTERS!

SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS

ASTROLOCO: WORST CONTACT

THREE FOURTHS HOME

One of these games uses ":3" in its description unironically, can you guess which one?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

social justice warriors?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Awesome! posted:

social justice warriors?

I hear it's all the rage.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
Alright, fair enough. I'll go for it, then. Thanks!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

no that's my guess for which game unironically uses :3 in its description. banzai pecan is my 2nd choice

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Here's the Greenlight page. It looks really pretentious and up its own rear end, and I'm saying that as someone who genuinely enjoys Gone Home.

EDIT: Oh, no, those aren't the one.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

6 months ago Gamefly gave me 5bux credit for having poo poo service and it's going to expire shortly, so I'm going to pick up Cities in Motion 2. Is any of the DLC integral to improving the game, or more for people who are already super into it?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Man if only arguments on the internet were that easy.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Orv posted:

Man if only arguments on the internet were that easy.

Leave Kant out of dumb internet feuds.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
https://groupees.com/shinyloot7

Groupees put up three bundles just now with some Greenlight games that actually look good, to compare.

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

Catmouth Island? :3

Lovin' the art in SJW.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

PrinceRandom posted:

Leave Kant out of dumb internet feuds.

You're a Kant.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Drifter posted:

You're a Kant.

I wish

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
shat the fack up ya fackin' kant

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

flesh dance posted:

6 months ago Gamefly gave me 5bux credit for having poo poo service and it's going to expire shortly, so I'm going to pick up Cities in Motion 2. Is any of the DLC integral to improving the game, or more for people who are already super into it?

If you'd rather spend that credit on something else, you can add me on Steam and I'll message you a link to a humble bundle copy I never redeemed for it. I tried to give it away before in the Steam gifting thread, and nobody took it. I think I just posted the link in there later for anybody to take, but there's a good chance it's still unredeemed.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

DannyTanner posted:

Catmouth Island? :3

Lovin' the art in SJW.

Bingo!

quote:

A comfy point-and-click :3D adventure game. Explore Catface Islands and meet the inhabitants in a low-poly pacific environment.

It's got over 60 NPCs with over 2,000 lines of dialogue, game mechanics that are easy to understand, a teleport system to make it easier to move between areas once you have been there, unique location-based theme music, and for your convenience; a scrapbook that keeps track of what you are doing and supposed to do next. :3

They literally brag about how low poly it is.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
u guys playin that new quake game??? how it be??

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Hey, hey what can I do? I got a woman, she won't be true.

Kragger99 posted:

So, the same goon that challenged me to become a Bad Rats King waaaaay back when (I completed that challenge) has issued me another challenge via a "gift". I'm to print off, color, and then post these in this thread: http://store.steampowered.com/app/321420/
Should be fun.

I can't wait to see this.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
F.E.A.R. is on sale for $2.49. Does it work on Windows 7? If so, is it worth it for that price? I've heard that the bullet-time mechanics are pretty fun.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
FEAR 1 is a really fun game for its time, not sure how well it'd hold up mechanically compared to modern GOOD shooters, but it had some pretty drat good ambiance and sound and I'd say it's well worth the 2.50 price.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

They literally brag about how low poly it is.

It's got Retro Modeling!

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Hey, hey what can I do? I got a woman, she won't be true.

Drifter posted:

It's got Retro Modeling!

Low Poly 3D is the next Pixel Art.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.

Max Wilco posted:

F.E.A.R. is on sale for $2.49. Does it work on Windows 7? If so, is it worth it for that price? I've heard that the bullet-time mechanics are pretty fun.

Yes, yes and yes, they are.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

smenj posted:

If you'd rather spend that credit on something else, you can add me on Steam and I'll message you a link to a humble bundle copy I never redeemed for it. I tried to give it away before in the Steam gifting thread, and nobody took it. I think I just posted the link in there later for anybody to take, but there's a good chance it's still unredeemed.

Appreciate the offer, but I already got it!

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

I've been playing through the expansion packs lately, it runs fine. It still holds up for sure, the AI is still brilliant. I love how every encounter feels like you've been in an proper fight because the enemies actually work together to flank you and take cover. It's amazing that a 9 year old game is still near the top of the pile when it comes to FPS AI.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Captain Swing posted:

Yes, yes and yes, they are.

Shotgun of the Year - All Years

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zombie Samurai posted:

Shotgun of the Year - All Years

Yeah that FEAR shotgun was nasty. You could track every pellet and they'd all make a mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Do not buy FF13.

• Locked thread