Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
been listening to this like 5 times today alraedy. love it! really looking forward to getting it on vinyl

C I R C L O N T 6 A !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
can i stand to wait 4 days...... is it on youtube yet?

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

bobbilljim posted:

listening to aphex twin on youtube is like...an insult to the bits.

i'm buying the album, probably multiple times because i'm gonna mash that buy button so many times it's gonna double..triple post. so i dont care about pirating it.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
if anyone wants to hear my thoughts on syro, i compiled them int oa very zip file right here:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
im the guy who includes crc32s of his thoughts even though the thought files themselves have embedded md5s

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

listening to aphex twin on youtube is like...an insult to the bits.

i'm buying the album, probably multiple times because i'm gonna mash that buy button so many times it's gonna double..triple post. so i dont care about pirating it.

well i preordered it already. and that preview track sounded fine on youtube, audio stream is p high quality aac i think. It isn't any weirder than james makign some music on teh computer which is then put onto a vinyl. anyway it doesnt matter because im not some audiophile shithead

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

text editor posted:

im the guy who includes crc32s of his thoughts even though the thought files themselves have embedded md5s

i wouldnt want anyone misrepresenting their thoughts as my own

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
these are some beeps i can really boop to!

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

bobbilljim posted:

it is well-seeded

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
I'm liking it, although there are a few clunkers.

track 3 in particular captures the experience of being at an awful idm party in the 00s perfectly

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Amethyst posted:

track 3 in particular captures the experience of being at an awful idm party in the 00s perfectly

it's like he just went through his old backups but not in a bad way

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i like 06-Aphex_Twin-CIRCLONT6A_(Syrobonkus_Mix)

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

The good tracks are really good. overflowing with detail like drukqs

people elsewhere are raving about 180db_ but to me it's just a kinda ugly experiment like you'd hear on a minor afx release

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i like 06-Aphex_Twin-CIRCLONT6A_(Syrobonkus_Mix)

yeah it's great, i'll be relistening to it a lot

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

the title track seems like a weird pick. it's pretty cool though

Amethyst fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 19, 2014

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

z0rlandi viSSer posted:

the whole thing doesn't work but parts of it DO work and you can hear where Richie Hawtin stole inspiration for the Plastikman poo poo. He really stole a lot from Dan Bell and Accelerate records.

Look it all up newbs.

after doing some research i found that Dan Bell collaborated with Plastikman as Cybersonik and then formed Accelerate records. that's why you think he sounds like Plastikman, not the other way around.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i'm just curious though z0r, could you show me a cybersonik track that sounds like plastikman?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
circlont14 produk 29 and papat4 are real good

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Amethyst posted:

whole album felt like one of those parties, everyone slapping the same electro 4/4 backing drum tracks to whatever for sake of a party

for all the obvious multitracking nonsense youd think he'd put some life into those sounds, so thin and steppy, how many times is he going to use that clumpy bass sound
gotta live up the /mum/ expectations i guess

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

what's /mum/

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
/mu/ with extra spergs

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
lol produk 29 is the trippiest track

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

deep web is what I call ur moms bush

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I don't see /mum/ on 4chan

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Amethyst posted:

I don't see /mum/ on 4chan

but your mum is posted everywhere on 4chan

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
mumchat.net

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumsnet

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

is that like stuxnet

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I can't get the XMAS track out of my head

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

focal ischemia posted:

big media trying to stamp out the cornish language

UK out of Cornwall!

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

can't wait. i'm picking it up (yes a physical copy!) in stores the 23rd. unfortunately it comes out later for us americans

afaik it's on iTunes on the 23rd, at least that's what my preorder says

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

mine says i can download it now, despite also saying the 23rd

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i just gave it a quick skim and i'm kinda disappointed. not in the material itself, i'm sure that it's very nice and that i'll really enjoy it when i sit down and actually listen to the album, but it all sounds very late-'90s which is a bit of a letdown coming from someone who had previously left off with the crazy stylistic flameout of drukqs. i don't think that drukqs would have been a good place to pick up from (it isn't exactly timeless itself) but i also think that he could have come up with a similarly radical approach in the 13 years since.

on the other hand i haven't heard any of the analord or afx or whatever stuff so maybe i'm being unreasonable, idk.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
you'll get used to it. plus his next album will be completely different

i don't see aphex's stuff as trying to be a futurist or "the next poo poo". he just makes exactly what he wants to

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

i don't see aphex's stuff as trying to be a futurist or "the next poo poo". he just makes exactly what he wants to
my point is that "what he wants to" used to be "the next poo poo"

eh whatever. there's a new aphex twin thing and it's (most likely) good and that's what's important.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
and just because drukqz had some fast complex stuff in it doesn't mean his next album has to be even more crazy fast IDM spaz out poo poo. it's not like it's better because of that, just different, and that's what he's always been great at doing

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Sham bam bamina! posted:

my point is that "what he wants to" used to be "the next poo poo"

eh whatever. there's a new aphex twin thing and it's (most likely) good and that's what's important.

yeah hmm. i guess i can't form much of a good point/opinion here because i haven't heard syro yet and waiting till next week. my bads

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

and just because drukqz had some fast complex stuff in it doesn't mean his next album has to be even more crazy fast IDM spaz out poo poo.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i don't think that drukqs would have been a good place to pick up from

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
my apologies sham bam bamina my posts were poo poo and regret them and i didn't read yours well enough. too early in the morning i guess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i just gave it a quick skim and i'm kinda disappointed. not in the material itself, i'm sure that it's very nice and that i'll really enjoy it when i sit down and actually listen to the album, but it all sounds very late-'90s which is a bit of a letdown coming from someone who had previously left off with the crazy stylistic flameout of drukqs. i don't think that drukqs would have been a good place to pick up from (it isn't exactly timeless itself) but i also think that he could have come up with a similarly radical approach in the 13 years since.

on the other hand i haven't heard any of the analord or afx or whatever stuff so maybe i'm being unreasonable, idk.

listen to the rushup edge

• Locked thread