Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

EugeneJ posted:

I remember there was a dirt sheet rumor a couple years back that CHIKARA and TNA were going to start working together - maybe that's finally happening?
It's more than likely that TNA just dropped their really stupid requirements for using TNA talent since TNA is basically just an indy with a TV deal now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Flameingblack posted:

It's more than likely that TNA just dropped their really stupid requirements for using TNA talent since TNA is basically just an indy with a TV deal now.

That and they're in the area. TNA's doing like three nights of house shows a few miles away. Friend of mine is coming a night earlier just to hit one of the TNA shows.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Gavok posted:

That and they're in the area. TNA's doing like three nights of house shows a few miles away. Friend of mine is coming a night earlier just to hit one of the TNA shows.

I think its like 4 straight nights. Tuesday - Friday. It's a shame they aren't getting EC3 or Joe though.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Honestly I don't know why they didn't just remove, say, the Bloc Party in favor of Team TNA of the BroMans+DJ Z or whatever.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Gavok posted:

That happened last time too, which is why Daniels and Kazarian stopped in at the Fan Conclave. I wondered if DASH Chisako knew that Jeff Hardy was just miles away at the time.

Wouldn't be shocked to see a surprise TNA team in the Tag Gauntlet.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Suben posted:

Honestly I don't know why they didn't just remove, say, the Bloc Party in favor of Team TNA of the BroMans+DJ Z or whatever.

Chris Hero makes his long-awaited return as part of the trio Bro/Manssiere.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Gavok posted:

Chris Hero makes his long-awaited return as part of the trio Bro/Manssiere.

BroMan-wich

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Flameingblack posted:

Seems like I was the only person in the World who read this in the Observer. They have dropped the requirement at least to some degree.

TNA pulled Havok off the WSU show yesterday. CZW's DJ Hyde owns that now.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

rovert posted:

Seems like I was the only person in the World who read this in the Observer. They have dropped the requirement at least to some degree.

TNA pulled Havok off the WSU show yesterday. CZW's DJ Hyde owns that now.

Was it in the latest issue? Missed it, but I don't pay a lot of attention to the TNA section.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Suben posted:

TNA has a show on Friday same as Night 1, which is why all the TNA guys are there Night 2 and 3 only.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Chuck Taylor was randomly removed from the first Rey de Voladores King of the Flippy Little Boys eliminator... and then added him back in. No word on what any of that was about.

Amasis has been added to the second Rey de Voladores eliminator.

Qefka the Quiet (the mime from the Odditorium) will not be able to compete at KOT after breaking his arm at CZW's Dojo Wars.

Homicide may be out as well. He's apparently missing TNA's Bethlehem tapings due to shoulder and elbow issues.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Aw, man. I was looking forward to seeing Qefka. He's rad.

Also, Sean Waltman will be there. Not to wrestle. Just to do commentary and stuff. Okay.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Gavok posted:

Also, Sean Waltman will be there. Not to wrestle. Just to do commentary and stuff. Okay.

Thank god for that

Sucks about the other people possibly not being there

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Chuck Taylor was randomly removed from the first Rey de Voladores King of the Flippy Little Boys eliminator... and then added him back in. No word on what any of that was about.

Qefka the Quiet (the mime from the Odditorium) will not be able to compete at KOT after breaking his arm at CZW's Dojo Wars.

Homicide may be out as well. He's apparently missing TNA's Bethlehem tapings due to shoulder and elbow issues.

I hope TNA allows them to book Crazzy Steve as Qefka's replacement and quick, get Anarquia on the line!!!

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

I hope TNA allows them to book Crazzy Steve as Qefka's replacement and quick, get Anarquia on the line!!!

Put one of the Ice Creams in for Qef and the other for Homicide. Problem solved.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Ophidian's ring gear got stolen, because he left it outside for 2-3 hours on his porch http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Ophidian-The-Cobras-Gear-is-Stolen--275219371.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_PHBrand

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

actually the cause of the theft would be someone deciding to steal his poo poo

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Were all his masks in one bag? I know he's just an indie wrestler and they probably don't make too much for new gear, but he'd have to have more than two masks of his, or just old ones laying around right?

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

KungFu Grip posted:

Were all his masks in one bag? I know he's just an indie wrestler and they probably don't make too much for new gear, but he'd have to have more than two masks of his, or just old ones laying around right?

He's sold quite a few of them. Every so often he's putting the word out about masks for sale on twitter.

Personally, I'd be a bit more worried about that bit that people are always going through their trash.

OmegaBR fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Sep 17, 2014

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Qefka wrestled on Saturday in the opening match at CZW's Down with the Sickness. He won the match and had an ice back on his left arm at intermission. Sucks. Dude is actually really decent.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

OmegaBR posted:

Personally, I'd be a bit more worried about that bit that people are always going through their trash.

Assuming he lives in Philly this is nothing unusual

45ShadesOfDeath
Sep 7, 2004
Worst goon in the universe.
I've hung out with Ophidian's girlfriend a couple of times. She's pretty sweet and has had a hand in designing his gear for a year or two. Remember that lovely mask he had when he went solo rudo? Yea, apparently it looked a lot cooler but the mask maker hosed up. It sucks that his gear got stolen because generally it seems he and her put quite a bit of work into designing it.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Solomonic posted:

Assuming he lives in Philly this is nothing unusual

If only his mum had sent him off to live with his uncle and aunt somewhere nicer. Like Bel Air perhaps...

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Qefka apparently didn't break his arm after all and the whole thing was just a misunderstanding from some misread/misunderstood text messages?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Phenix Rising posted:

Qefka apparently didn't break his arm after all and the whole thing was just a misunderstanding from some misread/misunderstood text messages?

That's what happens when you only communicate in emojis

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

What's impressive is that people got those texts when all Qefka did was repeatedly tap his finger half an inch away from the palm of his hand.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

"Kid Hybrid" Orlando Christopher has been added to Rey de Voladores eliminator #2. One slot remains in that eliminator.

N_R_G's Hype Rockwell & 'The Generator' Race Jaxon (two rookies from the 2014 class) have been added to the Tag Gauntlet.

Another team will be announced for the Gauntlet later this evening.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

The third team in the Tag Gauntlet is the Wrecking Crew's Jaka & Oleg the Usurper.

omgomgomg
Oct 26, 2012

I'm sorry if these questions are too basic (have they been covered already?), but how do you all follow Chikara? I watched two editions of King of Trio and I really liked it, but I'm having some trouble in actually following events/shows/storylines.

I'm guessing they only have a monthly show? Can you watch it online somewhere? Is there something like the Network for it?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

omgomgomg posted:

I'm sorry if these questions are too basic (have they been covered already?), but how do you all follow Chikara? I watched two editions of King of Trio and I really liked it, but I'm having some trouble in actually following events/shows/storylines.

I'm guessing they only have a monthly show? Can you watch it online somewhere? Is there something like the Network for it?

You can download/stream shows through Smart Mark Video. Or order DVDs, if you're old fashioned. Or you can just read results on wrestling blogs or whatever.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Or ask me. I'm easy.

Jay 2K Winger posted:

N_R_G's Hype Rockwell & 'The Generator' Race Jaxon (two rookies from the 2014 class) have been added to the Tag Gauntlet.

I saw these guys at a Wrestling is Fun show and I give them much respect because their gimmick is literally "Let's just be High Energy." Not a parody of High Energy or being similar to High Energy. They're just High Energy because gently caress it, there's still more to be said with those outfits.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Gavok posted:

Or ask me. I'm easy.

I saw these guys at a Wrestling is Fun show and I give them much respect because their gimmick is literally "Let's just be High Energy." Not a parody of High Energy or being similar to High Energy. They're just High Energy because gently caress it, there's still more to be said with those outfits.

What's their Hype situation like?

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Wrestling Is Fun will be hosting the Young Lions Cup XI tournament in October and November.

AR Fox added to Rey de Voladores Eliminator #2.

The cards as they stand for this weekend:

Night 1
The Bloc Party vs Team UK
KE4TPG vs GEKIDO
The Flood vs The Spectral Envoy
Devastation Corporation vs Team Extravaganza
BDK Cubed vs 3peck0
The Colony vs Colony XTREME Force
The Spirit Squad vs Kizarny & His Odditorium
The Golden Trio vs L.A.X.

Night 2
4 KOT Quarterfinal Matches
Rey de Voladores Eliminator: Shynron vs Chuck Taylor vs Tigre Uno vs Rich Swann
Rey de Voladores Eliminator: Kid Hybrid vs Great Sanada vs AR Fox vs Amasis
Ashley Remington vs Yoshi Tatsu
Battle of the Bowties: Juan Francisco de Coronado vs Rockstar Spud

Night 3
2 KOT Semifinal Matches
KOT Finals Match
Rey de Voladores Finals Match
The Submission Squad vs ???
Tag Team Gauntlet: The Batiri, N_R_G, Oleg the Usurper & Jaka, plus 7 other teams
1 Non-Tournament Match (Kid Cyclone vs Deucalion?)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chinston Wurchill posted:

You can download/stream shows through Smart Mark Video. Or order DVDs, if you're old fashioned. Or you can just read results on wrestling blogs or whatever.

Does Wrestling Is still have on-demand streaming for a monthly of random Chikara shows?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sockser posted:

What's their Hype situation like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qygzt0DqEhg

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Los Ice Creams added to the Tag Gauntlet.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Flood wrestlers have been tweeting this political attack ad against Chikara.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I think I am more hyped to see the dudes I already saw at BOLA, but KoT should still be :krad:

I will be the doofus wearing a Montgomery Biscuits hat in the 4th row if you want to say hello

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
CHIKARA isn't in my Fave 5 these days but this is great.

Professional wrestlers to meet at King of Trios 2014 in Easton http://www.wfmz.com/news/Sunrise/professional-wrestlers-to-meet-at-king-of-trios-2014-in-easton/28120642

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I'll be the dude in row 2 dressed as Cactus Jack on night 2

• Locked thread