Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I'm kind of pissed you can't bank your picks anymore, not for any tier chicanery, but solely for the fact that it's so much more bearable to clear a deck all at once instead of two at a time. More often than not the prize was in the last four or five cards of the deck anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I'm kind of pissed you can't bank your picks anymore, not for any tier chicanery, but solely for the fact that it's so much more bearable to clear a deck all at once instead of two at a time. More often than not the prize was in the last four or five cards of the deck anyway.

The worst is when the rare turns out to be a stat boost.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

I need one. How much? Take my money.

And it didn't come out in our match.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I found one in the wild.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Reading dozens of mind-numbingly boring pages of this thread dedicated to this spreadsheet min/max numbers bullshit makes me thank the heavens I quit playing this non-game a few days into it.

(I waste my time on numerous far worse activities, no hate, just glad I managed to escape this one.)

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

you should give TEW a shot, it's a whole other level of number crunching

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Kind goons, could i ask you something else about ea ufc. Does the game need an online code or whatever or can i safely get a used version?

edit: nevermind cheapest i can get it is on the psn store.

canada jezus fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Sep 18, 2014

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

IcePhoenix posted:

Also, on the 2K forums they started working on a spreadsheet for the card stats at max level (pro cards listed are if you max the non-pros before combining). I copied it over to my own for better formatting because they were sorting it by name instead of stats.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eniVv8lTf4fUmA5pawq28jacc3qeojI99gi9_jEnUHg/edit#gid=751055890

Is there a way for us to update this? I have a pro UR Brock
509 463 426 445

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

triplexpac posted:

Is there a way for us to update this? I have a pro UR Brock
509 463 426 445

I'll try to add an unprotected sheet for people to add things to, but I'll add in Brock.

e: that's below Xavier Woods :psyduck:

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Sep 18, 2014

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Pro UR Kane is 471 478 416 445 and I'm in the middle of levelling Pro UR Orton.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Pro SR AJ is 229 237 268 273

Also, yesterday I saw a pro SR Del Rio with higher stats than mine, which... doesn't make sense? He had 307 base STR vs the normal 303. Didn't manage to nab a screenshot or anything because I'm always tapping to fast forward.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Did he get Manager'd earlier in the match?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

SilverMike posted:

Did he get Manager'd earlier in the match?

Oh poo poo that would do it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I just checked the doc that I take these from and it looks like they have everything now (I'm just assuming that someone finally datamined it for the legendaries) so I'll update it later today.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

My first epic KOTR went into top 8 at 7 am today. I set my alarm (lol) and managed to do a full stamina restore and burn all my boosts for the first game. Wake up at 9:50 to find that I won the first round but lost 2 and 3 cause he was restoring stamina and using boosts each round.

My first KOTR not making it to the finals, ugh. Only one Epic card. I am a failure.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

IcePhoenix posted:

I just checked the doc that I take these from and it looks like they have everything now (I'm just assuming that someone finally datamined it for the legendaries) so I'll update it later today.

I've got a maxed Epic Stephanie and unless something weird happened to her stats, that sheet has her CHA wrong. She's 320 323 338 386.

Edit: I guess they fixed it in the other sheet.

SilverMike fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Sep 18, 2014

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
The people's champ mode starts in seven hours, so it's like 2am EST. What the hell is that? Am I going to miss it? Not even exactly sure what happens.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Awesome, I get to trade in my Epic Steph for Pro UR AJ. Thanks KotR pair!

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

Borrowed Ladder posted:

The people's champ mode starts in seven hours, so it's like 2am EST. What the hell is that? Am I going to miss it? Not even exactly sure what happens.

It runs until Tuesday.

SilverMike posted:

Awesome, I get to trade in my Epic Steph for Pro UR AJ. Thanks KotR pair!

The day before the update, I got a UR Nikki, which pushed me into Epic tier and gave me Brie and the KotR I won that night gave me a pair of UR AJs. So I am now flushed with divas.

Mayostard fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 19, 2014

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Mods, please change thread name to Punchsport Pagoda Games Thread: Waiting For Network

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
It's an insidious ploy to subconsciously remind you of the WWE Network at all times. 9.99

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Congrats to 2K for creating the first pay-to-lose game. In the past hour, I've seen 6 $75 trash teams on UR++.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Sono posted:

Congrats to 2K for creating the first pay-to-lose game. In the past hour, I've seen 6 $75 trash teams on UR++.

Oh god there's so many. Some might beat a "proper" (person with 1500 games plus) deck at that tier, but it's amazing to see Epic cards at level zero for a guy who's played less than a hundred matches.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Yeah, I saw someone with 0-0 in the Super Rare tier and my first thought is "I wonder how much money they spent"

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I've been playing this game for like two days but I already know I'm getting a free win whenever someone's champ has that lovely orange glow, or they're in my division with like 40 games played - I'm going to cruise to a very relaxing 2-1 victory.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Sono posted:

That's really about the spot where the "paid money, barely played" crowd tends to hover, you'll pretty much be flooded by them until you start getting late into Epic.

It's so hilarious that so many people would drop so much money on this game, especially when they've barely played it.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I've found that challenging the paid players is often more of a gamble than challenging normal players. If those epics are more than like, level 2, they wreck my pro SRs

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
When playing against an obviously money opponent I pick my worst card first and sacrifice the first loss to then win out. Gameplan screws up a bit if Round 1 is a tag team match though.

Also I think this is my first post in this thread, but needless to say I hate you all for drawing my attention to this game.

EDIT: Also I'm on Team Brock and that's the way to go.

:siren:
Brock: 18,248 wins
Cena: 8,724
:siren:

Worst case scenario by playing is that you get 1 Rare card of your choice. You want to rank in the top 11,000 for an Ultra Rare pair. Get grinding. After one win I'm ranked 12,000th. I bet that changes when everyone wakes up.

incredible bear fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Sep 19, 2014

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
As far as I can tell, Waiting For Network will be the runaway winner.

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

Oh good, I thought I was the only one.

When I LOSE a match it goes through just fine. After purposefully losing a game 6 times in a row, 6 times it goes through, win the next 5, 0 of them go through, there's definitely an issue here.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Bring Back Noid posted:

Oh good, I thought I was the only one.

When I LOSE a match it goes through just fine. After purposefully losing a game 6 times in a row, 6 times it goes through, win the next 5, 0 of them go through, there's definitely an issue here.
Yeah it's pretty hilarious. It's like they programmed in plug-pullers.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I wonder if they suspected that poo poo would break and that's why it launched in the middle of the night.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
They just ripped everything down for maintenance, so hopefully it gets fixed.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
What does this maintenance mean in terms of KotR? The playoffs of mine would be starting right about now, and I just woke up - how screwed am I?

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
People's Champ mode seems to be where the pay to play people shine. Seen lots of teams loaded with Epics and Legendaries in the 3 and 5 point matches I've played.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

BlueArmyMan posted:

People's Champ mode seems to be where the pay to play people shine. Seen lots of teams loaded with Epics and Legendaries in the 3 and 5 point matches I've played.

Yeah I am getting my rear end kicked in PC mode.

I play this game so much, I'd actually be tempted to spend money on it if it wasn't just "spend $5 to get lovely cards or spend like $25 to get a guaranteed good one"

I've spent more than I care to admit on Puzzle & Dragons because they price things in a more reasonable way.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I'm pretty confident that I'll place a too 100k finish for team Brock. The regular prize cards seem better in this mode. I've only played 7 games but I've already got a rare Diesel and Ultra rare Bella.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Ok, I just hit 2000 games and I didn't get my second SR Paige card.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

did you try playing 1 more game after the 2000th?

I like that the Brock/Cena matches give all the benefits of exhibition modeand it's anecdotal but rares etc seem to come faster, which is a big positive. getting to a relevant reward tier for me is going to require top 2500 and man that's a big ask. +3 point matches seem to be pretty winnable, I gave up on the +5's after losing badly twice.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Man, gently caress SR Paige. People's Champion +5 matches always have a goddamned pro SR Paige and I get wrecked.