Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darko
Dec 23, 2004

WickedHate posted:

This debate has been had like a million times and no one ever convinces anybody.

To be fair, most of the Tien side is based on him looking stronger and people mixing movies and filler with what actually happens, and him holding Cell back with his special "it kills me to use this" technique.

If every movie didn't have Krillen falling on his rear end instead of accomplishing anything (and Tien fighting Trunks evenly when non SSJ!), filler having kienzans bounce off of Cell's neck, having Tien and Chiatzu fight the Ginyu squad (sigh), etc., it wouldn't be as much of a debate.

I don't really get why Toei treated Krillen so bad as a character. It was basically, "this guy looks funny, so he will suck and be comic relief," I guess.

edit: While Tien, Yamcha, and Chiatzu were dicking around with Bubbles (and Piccolo ignored everyone and meditated), Krillen and Gohan were getting power boosts and actually fighting real people. They both ended up stronger than Goku after training with Kai, and then Krillen/Tien pretty much trained for all the same stuff from that point on to the Buu saga.

In the Buu saga, Krillen was training with 18 (mentioned at the tournament), who was stronger than a typical android saga SSJ. Tien was still hanging out with Chiatzu. That's pretty much the big difference right there.

Darko fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Krillin whooped Goku's rear end in GT.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Terper posted:

Krillin whooped Goku's rear end in GT.

Nothing in GT made any goddamn sense.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Krillin will always be my favorite because even when he's scared shitless and knows he's outclassed, he tries to help.

Tien kinda just pouts in the corner until he can have a dramatic moment.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Tien is cool, Krillin isn't.

Absolutely incorrect.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Absolutely incorrect.

Krillin wears a fedora and fucks a real doll, he's a total goon.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Tien is cool, Krillin isn't.

literally the opposite

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Nothing in GT made any goddamn sense.

Vegeta's moustache made sense.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Ok that is before the Cell Saga where Tien uses all his might to push Cell down a couple of times and Krillin tries to have sex with a robot instead

I think its pretty clear who is better.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Darko posted:

Vegeta's moustache made sense.

Did Krillin's?

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
I think the important thing we can all keep in mind is that the strongest human is definitely not Yamcha.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

I think the important thing we can all keep in mind is that the strongest human is definitely not Yamcha.
Yamcha is the best at getting hands through his chest

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Also is Krillin the strongest human on earth or is Tien stronger than him?

trick question since neither are human

one has no nose and one has 3 eyes

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Kild posted:

trick question since neither are human

one has no nose and one has 3 eyes

I dunno. The King of Earth is considered human and he's a talking dog-man.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
He's also the King of Earth, so he can be classified as whatever the hell he feels like. :v:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Anyone who says krillin is the strongest is a monster, hth.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
I uh... thought 18 was the strongest? :shobon:

After all, she and 17 arn't androids, there cyborgs! :haw:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Thyrork posted:

I uh... thought 18 was the strongest? :shobon:

After all, she and 17 arn't androids, there cyborgs! :haw:

17's stronger. The strongest Park Ranger on Earth.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Even he can't catch Yogi, though.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

It has and always will be Mr. Satan.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Krillin wears a fedora and fucks a real doll, he's a total goon.

:allears: Not an android...

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Silynt posted:

Is Tien even human? Three eyes...

Thats his third eye, he opened it up by smoking weed like a cool rap song with socially concious lyrics

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Tien achieved spiritual enlightenment which kind of begs the question why he is so unimportant to the plot.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Tien achieved spiritual enlightenment which kind of begs the question why he is so unimportant to the plot.

Ego death, maybe?

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
Either I'm imagining things from my childhood or played way too many of the video games but I could of sworn the anime had bits where Raditz and the Ginyu Force showed up as punching bags at King Kai's world.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SirDrone posted:

Either I'm imagining things from my childhood or played way too many of the video games but I could of sworn the anime had bits where Raditz and the Ginyu Force showed up as punching bags at King Kai's world.

The Ginyu force, yeah, that happened. Got beat up by Tien, Yamcha, and Chiaotzu. All I remember about Raditz is King Yemma saying "Oh yeah, I kicked his rear end when he tried to not go to hell," though.

...King Yemma must be pretty strong, actually. Keeps Frieza and Cell in line in hell, even though I'm pretty sure that's all filler.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Darko posted:

To be fair, most of the Tien side is based on him looking stronger and people mixing movies and filler with what actually happens, and him holding Cell back with his special "it kills me to use this" technique.

If every movie didn't have Krillen falling on his rear end instead of accomplishing anything (and Tien fighting Trunks evenly when non SSJ!), filler having kienzans bounce off of Cell's neck, having Tien and Chiatzu fight the Ginyu squad (sigh), etc., it wouldn't be as much of a debate.

I don't really get why Toei treated Krillen so bad as a character. It was basically, "this guy looks funny, so he will suck and be comic relief," I guess.

edit: While Tien, Yamcha, and Chiatzu were dicking around with Bubbles (and Piccolo ignored everyone and meditated), Krillen and Gohan were getting power boosts and actually fighting real people. They both ended up stronger than Goku after training with Kai, and then Krillen/Tien pretty much trained for all the same stuff from that point on to the Buu saga.

In the Buu saga, Krillen was training with 18 (mentioned at the tournament), who was stronger than a typical android saga SSJ. Tien was still hanging out with Chiatzu. That's pretty much the big difference right there.

We've had this debate before, but for all your points deconstructing Tien's obvious strength, Krillin has literally nothing in the manga or anime that proves he is stronger. So yeah, you're basically saying at the most that Tien and Krillin are the same strength.

Tien at least tries to fight the androids along with Piccolo after the Vegeta/18 fight. Krillin just sits in the back and shits his pants. Try as hard as you might, there is literally no evidence in the actual manga that Krillin is stronger. Tien at least has a fighting presence after the Freeza saga. Krillin pretty much retires outside of getting his rear end kicked by 20 of all characters.

facebook jihad fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Sep 20, 2014

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Hell Tien stands up against Super Buu and isnt instantly obliterated.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
To be fair by that point Krillin had settled down and had a kid while Tien spent 7 years being a hermit training up on a mountain somewhere, I don't think anybody's really claiming he's not stronger during the Buu saga.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Welp!

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2014/09/19/dragon-ball-xenoverse-coming-to-pc-steam/

That's some interesting news. Covering all their bases with the game.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

TriffTshngo posted:

To be fair by that point Krillin had settled down and had a kid while Tien spent 7 years being a hermit training up on a mountain somewhere, I don't think anybody's really claiming he's not stronger during the Buu saga.

So the discussion is over, Krillin gave up Tien didnt. Tien is the strongest human. Hes so badass he has 3 eyes. And also hes super ripped.

What ever happened to Chiaotzu anyway :tinfoil:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

It's coming to the West???

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Tien is still lame as hell, though.:colbert:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Shinjobi posted:

Tien is still lame as hell, though.:colbert:

lol Tien could bench press you with one pinky, buddy

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

setafd posted:

It's coming to the West???

Announcement would be in Japanese if it wasn't.
Also, oh my loving god I gotta to buy it if I can run it.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

To be fair by that point Krillin had settled down and had a kid while Tien spent 7 years being a hermit training up on a mountain somewhere.

I dunno, banging a woman >10 times stronger than you must be quite effective training :haw:

TriffTshngo posted:

I don't think anybody's really claiming he's not stronger during the Buu saga.

Yamcha is, but we know he's still sore about that broken leg.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

lol Tien could bench press you with one pinky, buddy

To be fair, even Yamcha could. Hell, I bet Mr. Satan could one-punch every one of us, he was just unlucky to be born as a non-saiyan character in a world with bullshit rules.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Time to get a goon group for Xenoverse going in advance so we can all run around the hubs and ginyu force pose like morons

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Blockhouse posted:

Time to get a goon group for Xenoverse going in advance so we can all run around the hubs and ginyu force pose like morons

So what should we call ourselves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The Goon Force duh

• Locked thread