Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Yuriy posted:

goddamn

melvin'd

Manhoef gets the winner of Shlemenko vs Halsey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Melvin vs Tito please

mewse
May 2, 2006

I think he dead, jim

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

The sound of his face hitting the ground really adds effect:

https://vine.co/v/OW2b7am6J1i

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

thoroughly enjoying this photo

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

KD'd. a fitting death. god speed, bruh. see you in that big, hep-trap tattoo parlor in the sky.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

quote:

Denis Goltsov defeats Brett Rogers via Decision, Unanimous
Main Event | Heavyweight | 265 lbs (120.0 kg)

Hahaha gently caress you brett rogers

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Yuriy posted:

Hahaha gently caress you brett rogers

Probably gassed. Well he's used to tiring.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Is there a Bellator thread? Just watched some 30-0 kid whip a dude named Poppie's rear end.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Someone aid me in my mission to get this woman signed by one of the feds that has fights on AXS - http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Irene-Aldana-148377 Because I really want her to get KOed on a show that Schiavello is announcing

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Someone aid me in my mission to get this woman signed by one of the feds that has fights on AXS - http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Irene-Aldana-148377 Because I really want her to get KOed on a show that Schiavello is announcing

Are neither of them with Invicta any more?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Brain Curry posted:

Is there a Bellator thread? Just watched some 30-0 kid whip a dude named Poppie's rear end.

since weekly shows are a thing of the past Bellator shenanigans is just going to be in the B-League thread

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

My end of the night thought:
Bellator should bring back the 8 man one night tournaments. The stake is a 3 fight contract in Bellator. Market them like the Challengers cards.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

fatherdog posted:

She's with Invicta and just murdered Peggy Morgan and kind of owns, I expect her in the UFC sooner than later.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

paulo filho was supposed to fight tonight in some brazil poo poo league but apparently had a seizure

courtesy of fentry

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/447457/Paul-Filho-reportedly-suffers-seizure-fight-cancelled/

quote:

•Unofficial explanation I just heard from a source is that Filho didn't want to come to the fight and locked himself in the bathroom. Oh my.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

My end of the night thought:
Bellator should bring back the 8 man one night tournaments. The stake is a 3 fight contract in Bellator. Market them like the Challengers cards.

You can't without special permission from commissions and significantly changing the rules so fighters don't for more than a certain amount of time that night. I'm pretty sure only the sketchiest commissions will approve it too. It's rough and the fight quality ends up pretty bad in any recent one night tournament I can think of.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

You can't without special permission from commissions and significantly changing the rules so fighters don't for more than a certain amount of time that night. I'm pretty sure only the sketchiest commissions will approve it too. It's rough and the fight quality ends up pretty bad in any recent one night tournament I can think of.

gently caress it, make them brawl in the parking lot before the show or whatever.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

MassRafTer posted:

only the sketchiest commissions

Then Bellator is set!

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://mmajunkie.com/2014/09/bellator-129-to-feature-paul-bradley-josh-neer-houston-alexander-james-thompson

houston alexander vs james thompson. Lmfao

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Oh God Alexander at Heavyweight versus a heavyweight that cuts? JT is going to kill a man. An angry looking man.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i don't know what the gently caress is going on with bellator's matchmaking but it's wonderfully bizarre

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i don't know what the gently caress is going on with bellator's matchmaking but it's wonderfully bizarre

It's high concept.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I'm excited for American MMA to enter its Surrealist period.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

We love you Scott Coker

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Hahahahahahha yes

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but Invicta 10 will have Cyborg V Opponent TBD at 135 lbs.

If she can make weight and win, she might be fighting Rousey soon enough :allears: The question is whether she lost her gas tank and power in cutting so much muscle/steroids to make 135.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Triticum Guzzler posted:

thoroughly enjoying this photo

This is what happens when you wear skirt trunks against Manhoef. They're his. No one else is allowed to have them.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

red19fire posted:

Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but Invicta 10 will have Cyborg V Opponent TBD at 135 lbs.

If she can make weight and win, she might be fighting Rousey soon enough :allears: The question is whether she lost her gas tank and power in cutting so much muscle/steroids to make 135.

Based on her last Muy Thai fight and the poo poo fit she threw on Twitter afterwards, she's doomed.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

coconono posted:

Based on her last Muy Thai fight and the poo poo fit she threw on Twitter afterwards, she's doomed.

Details please. :)

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Captain Log posted:

i dunno about the twitter meltdown but she lost to some cute french chick at Lion Fights but her striking is still second to none in wmma

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Yuriy posted:

i dunno about the twitter meltdown but she lost to some cute french chick at Lion Fights but her striking is still second to none in wmma

Fail to see what the French chick's appearance has to do with this, but yeah, Cyborg got lit up in that fight.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Fail to see what the French chick's appearance has to do with this, but yeah, Cyborg got lit up in that fight.

why does it have to do with something, it's a descriptive term like "that weird ogre looking retard" for wanderlei

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Captain Log posted:

Nothing TMZ-worthy, just her immediately taking to twitter after the fight and blocking the poo poo out of anyone critical of her performance.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Yuriy posted:

Cyborg's mma striking is not very good and her best weapons generally involve mauling girls in the clinch or with GNP.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Bear witness to the fitness of the postmodern warrior

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

and Jorina Baars is not tiny. or French.

The tiny french one was Jennifer Colomb and she was like 10lbs under with 1 week notice and got murdered.

coconono fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Sep 23, 2014

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

haha I never knew Cyborg also beat George Lucas' daughter at the BJJ worlds :monocle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y1NymuAZ30

(The fight is pretty boring but Cyborg does get a few decent throws in)

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I think we should follow ugly, stupid yuriy's example

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
But the baars fight is really cool because its one of those elite kickboxers vs (relatively) really good mma strikers, which have a history of going either way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

david carmichael posted:

But the baars fight is really cool because its one of those elite kickboxers vs (relatively) really good mma strikers, which have a history of going either way

Was the Baars fight at 145? I can't remember or find any stats on it. I just remember Baars going into the 4th and 5th and just lighting up Cyborg.