Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
Fountain pens are cool and nice looking, those fancy pencil things are cool and nice looking. I really don't see the problem with buying something you like that you will actually use.

Of all the weird poo poo posted in this thread, it is a slightly more expensive pen that gets people mad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
A rug.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Wow, people get mad over a 15$ pen. Notice the thread title.

For those wondering, I got it because my handwriting is terrible, and practicing with something I have to write slowly with will help that. Hence writing like an adult, instead of a 4th grader with Parkinson's.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

That's a pretty slick looking rug.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
I got it on gilt but the maker:

http://loloirugs.com/search/Default.asp?st=Shags&co=Barcelona&dwzPage=2

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
Haters gonna hate.
:shrug:
Here's some pics of the items that arrived.
:toot: :dance:

Staedtler 900 25 pencil holder.

Check out the 'chrome' print on the barrel.

That's very impressively precise machining.

Pentel Graph600 0.5 mechanical pencil in white

First impressions:

The pencil holder is awesome, light, and well balanced. It's great for keeping the pencil sharp inside my pencil-box as well as for using it well as it gets short. I think it looks super awesome.
The mechanical pencil is very nice as well; though I'm more into the Leroy-system tips (those cylindrical ones rather than conical) and like knurled grips, the matte finish and ridges are pretty cool and it feels nice.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Picked up an iphone 6 because I am a consumer whore :thumbsup:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Wow, people get mad over a 15$ pen. Notice the thread title.

For those wondering, I got it because my handwriting is terrible, and practicing with something I have to write slowly with will help that. Hence writing like an adult, instead of a 4th grader with Parkinson's.

It's not the pen they're making fun of, it's the "write like an adult" comment. :ssh:

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Just played through MGR and thought it was time I get off my rear end and play through this series I always wanted to play, but never did (I didn't have a PS1 or 2). I was hoping the rumors of a MGS collection on Steam would be true, but it was just clothes so I bit the bullet on this.

Started up MGS1 from the PSN store, should be done with that by the time this arrives. Then I guess I'll need to get MGS4 soon, and then the loooooong wait for Ground Zeroes to come out on PC.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

It's not the pen they're making fun of, it's the "write like an adult" comment. :ssh:

People got their signals crossed as if he was stating that adults use fountain pens rather than fountain pens, by virtue of their function, may contribute to improved handwriting.
It's still silly to get your panties in a bunch over such an idea.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Humerus posted:

Started up MGS1 from the PSN store, should be done with that by the time this arrives. Then I guess I'll need to get MGS4 soon, and then the loooooong wait for Ground Zeroes to come out on PC.

Why not just play GZ on PS3? It's still very much playable.

On topic, I bought a 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis a couple weeks back

because my 2006 Scion xB was on it's last legs, and this popped up on Cars.com for a really good price considering the mileage and condition. Only issue I have at all with it is the stock stereo, which forced me to use a CD player for the first time in years.

So, I grabbed this online to go back to using my iPhone for music. Plus the harness and cage.

Nostalgia4Butts has a new favorite as of 18:03 on Sep 19, 2014

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

PleasusChrist posted:

Silver/White iPhone 6 128GB. I've only ever had black iPhones so I figured I'd switch it up. It should be here Friday.

Posting from this now. I love it so far. The keyboard size is pretty great. The screen is big but not too big and I can still hold it easily. A+ would buy again.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

So, I grabbed this online to go back to using my iPhone for music. Plus the harness and cage.

Just bought a new stereo for my car (that I posted a couple days ago) as well. Got this along with all the necessary (I hope) adaptors and stuff:

Also picked this up, someone posted it in the thread a few weeks ago:

I should say I know absolutely nothing about car audio so I'm just really hoping I've got everything I need.

GuardianOfAsgaard has a new favorite as of 19:56 on Sep 19, 2014

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Why not just play GZ on PS3? It's still very much playable.

I'm hoping it'll look on par with the PS4 version, and if I get through 2/3/PW/4, and decide I ABSOLUTELY NEED MORE MGS then I may. But I'm also hoping that GZ will come out on PC soonish, and that Phantom Pain will be simultaneous release on consoles and PC.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
A Eluveitie "We Are Helvetios" hooded sweatshirt.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Robawesome posted:

Corsair K70 RGB to replace a Das Keyboard

per-key customization, pretty sweet

Also if you come across any profiles you'd like to share, please do!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Hellbeard posted:

More pencils

You promised you'd stop like 10 pages ago, I think you have a pencil-problem :clint:

Content:

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Robawesome posted:

Corsair K70 RGB to replace a Das Keyboard

per-key customization, pretty sweet

This is cool, I want it to be a real-time heatmap of all my keypresses so its like im literally burning up my WASD keys as I do 360 noscope headshots

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Sappo569 posted:

You promised you'd stop like 10 pages ago, I think you have a pencil-problem :clint:

Content:

I can quit whenever I want, man. I just need a few more to tide me over.

These pictures are more of the things arriving and what they're like in person so I didn't technically lie*.
*I lied.

Congrats on huge car purchase, why not.
You should get a nice lead holder to match it.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Hellbeard posted:

I can quit whenever I want, man. I just need a few more to tide me over.

These pictures are more of the things arriving and what they're like in person so I didn't technically lie*.
*I lied.

Congrats on huge car purchase, why not.
You should get a nice lead holder to match it.

It's ok, we would all prefer you buy pencils and pens than knives and ballistic whatever :)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Humerus posted:

I'm hoping it'll look on par with the PS4 version, and if I get through 2/3/PW/4, and decide I ABSOLUTELY NEED MORE MGS then I may. But I'm also hoping that GZ will come out on PC soonish, and that Phantom Pain will be simultaneous release on consoles and PC.

I really, really, really would not hold my breath.

crosshatch
Dec 10, 2006

I also bought a rug! My girlfriend has been eying this one for a few months and it went on sale yesterday. I got the 6x9 for our living room.

I also bought a t-shirt on ebay.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Just bought a new stereo for my car (that I posted a couple days ago) as well. Got this along with all the necessary (I hope) adaptors and stuff:

I should say I know absolutely nothing about car audio so I'm just really hoping I've got everything I need.

Got this exact stereo, several weeks ago, from Crutchfield. Haven't done a car audio install in, like 20 years and got the thing wired, installed, and working in just over an hour. Nice unit, though it's a little no-frills, but it gets the job done, fine.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

null_pointer posted:

Got this exact stereo, several weeks ago, from Crutchfield. Haven't done a car audio install in, like 20 years and got the thing wired, installed, and working in just over an hour. Nice unit, though it's a little no-frills, but it gets the job done, fine.

Good to hear, thanks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Magic Underwear posted:

This is cool, I want it to be a real-time heatmap of all my keypresses so its like im literally burning up my WASD keys as I do 360 noscope headshots

It can't store variables so you can't have a key getting brighter as you use it or anything, but you can make it do things like light up and fade over X seconds after you press a key.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

Never paid this much for a ticket in my life. gently caress trips during holiday seasons. But, it doesn't matter. I'm finally going back home! (Yeah, that's Brazil)

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'll never understand why someone would ever need or want a pencil holder, but I tend to lose pencils/pens before they ever even need sharpened so maybe that's why.

For content, I just booked 2 nights in a few months at this hotel in Zermatt:

in a room with this view (although it will be much whiter when I'm there)

Here's hoping I don't die on my first time trying to ski.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Sappo569 posted:

It's ok, we would all prefer you buy pencils and pens than knives and ballistic whatever :)

I've got half a mind to buy a tactical pen out of spite.

Framptonlive
Nov 22, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

One mediocre film and one really fantastic film.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hellbeard posted:

:getin:

(Semi-recent purchase)

PCOS Bill has a new favorite as of 11:51 on Sep 20, 2014

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Hellbeard posted:

That's got to be the only valid reason for buying a tactical pen.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

spog posted:

Hey :(

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Dell Venue 11 Pro, i3, 4GB, 128GB SSD, 1080p IPS and dock for £239. Can't complain!

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

PCOS Bill posted:

:getin:

(Semi-recent purchase)

Does that have a strike bezel on it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFr30p0aZl0

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

yaffle posted:

Does that have a strike bezel on it?

http://www.uzi.com/tactical-pens/uzi-tactical-defender-pen-3-gun-metal

What part of tactical did you miss? :v:

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

spog posted:

You forgot about tacticality.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Saw a sale. I wear awful loving clothes.

Getting ready for winter

& for my little girl's 7th birthday present

cheapest model 16GB mini, she's been asking for one since last birthday so I couldn't keep saying no.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! has a new favorite as of 16:19 on Sep 20, 2014

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

spog posted:

The Surefire Pen actually owns. Yeah it's $100 but

- It's made in the USA
- lifetime warranty and it's built like a tank. Strong pocket clip that won't bend.
- it accepts pretty much any ink. You can adjust it with a screwdriver to accept any size from mont blanc to fisher to Cross.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Got a pair of Polk audio monitor 4s for $10.50. They're great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crosshatch
Dec 10, 2006

Framptonlive posted:

One mediocre film and one really fantastic film.

I looked up The Battery and it turns out you can buy a DRM-free download from their website for five bucks so I just bought that too.

(http://www.thebatterymovie.com)