Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

SALT CURES HAM posted:

That's not quite as dark as him pretty much saying he's gonna make the Gang's boat a rape-boat.

He aludes to a rape kit in Season 7, and then later goes and gets it from his car during the reunion...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

He also talks about sleeping with a girl saying "I entered with almost no resistance" and Dennis tells Charlie "You can't let someone telling you no over and over stop you you just got to keep on going through"

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

ultramiraculous posted:

He aludes to a rape kit in Season 7, and then later goes and gets it from his car during the reunion...

To be fair, this is more of a general bondage kit. He does also say "I like to bind. I like to be bound."

You guys are watching a totally different show than me. Dennis is in almost every sense of the word a rapist, yes, but he isn't typing girls up against their will and forcing himself on them while they scream and cry. He's a narcissist and is so self-centered that he believes he has the right to do whatever to whomever he pleases. There are several instances in the show where he is disgusted by the idea of legitimately forcing himself on women. He tricks, coerces, and manipulates not just women but the gang and pretty much everyone he meets. Once again you guys have shocked me with how dark you think the creators are taking this show.

Advice fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Sep 20, 2014

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

Advice posted:

To be fair, this is more of a general bondage kit. He does also say "I like to bind. I like to be bound."

You guys are watching a totally different show than me. Dennis is in almost every sense of the word a rapist, yes, but he isn't typing girls up against their will and forcing himself on them while they scream and cry. He's a narcissist and is so self-centered that he believes he has the right to do whatever to whomever he pleases. There are several instances in the show where he is disgusted by the idea of legitimately forcing himself on women. He tricks, coerces, and manipulates not just women but the gang and pretty much everyone he meets. Once again you guys have shocked me with how dark you think the creators are taking this show.

While I agree with your original point, that's... still kind of dark, though.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Advice posted:

"All right, I drew this woman in, I styled her hair, I entered her with almost no resistance."

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

One of the more telling things was when Mac told the Priest, "And Dennis always tells me, never let someone's resistance stop you from getting what you want."

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

I'm a winner. And winners don't listen to words like no, or stop, or don't. They're just not in our vocabulary.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Dennis knows rape is bad, but he doesn't consider anything he does rape because he's a sociopath.

:thejoke:

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Yeah think of it like American Exceptionalism but with loving, if that helps.

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer
Why would he shush us? He doesn't know us! I could be a man with a fistful of hammers, and a trunk full of duct tape and zip ties.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Irish Joe posted:

Dennis knows rape is bad, but he doesn't consider anything he does rape because he's a sociopath.

:thejoke:

Rape? Bro, I wasn't talking about rape. I was talking about making love to her sweetly while she sleeps! And I was gonna do it for you, you son of a b-- all right, fine, I won't do it.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ultramiraculous posted:

HIS TOOLS! HE NEEDS HIS TOOLS!

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

You would consider me a pretty methodical person, wouldn't you?

Oh yeah, like a serial killer.

Hahaha serial killer. I like that. I like that. It's a little bit of an exaggeration...

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
Dennis getting ready to sleep with a young towel boy (caddy?) because he thinks he's a prostitute and then having to shift gears might be one of my favorite moments in the show.

And getting women to sleep with you under false pretenses (pharmacy girl, medication for dying grandparent) is most assuredly rape.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

speshl guy posted:

Dennis getting ready to sleep with a young towel boy (caddy?) because he thinks he's a prostitute and then having to shift gears might be one of my favorite moments in the show.

And getting women to sleep with you under false pretenses (pharmacy girl, medication for dying grandparent) is most assuredly rape.

You're weird.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Dennis, are you going to have sex with a tiny asian boy?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Dennis was just so determined to get off in that episode he would have done just about anything.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

speshl guy posted:

Um what?

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I remember when Dennis forced himself to give himself a blowjob using an admittedly sexy British accent

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

At the very least, can we please avoid a discussion on the technical definition of rape?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

PittTheElder posted:

At the very least, can we please avoid a discussion on the technical definition of rape?

Yeah, really. The last season ended with the gang locking a half dozen of their closest friends in a burning apartment. You're not scoring any points when you point out that they're awful people.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Sunny is not a depressing character study, it's a show where depraved people put themselves in unrealistic situations and do funny poo poo, the "is he or isn't he?" thing is pretty much a recurring joke where characters have a certain perception of themselves which conflicts with the way they're depicted, it's never made explicit cause that would ruin the humor, the point isn't for Dennis to act like he knows he's a serial killer rapist, it's for him to think he's a Casanova while acting like a PUA rapist psychopath. Much like Mac always acting like he's this badass personification of mucho-masculinity while in effect he's a chickenshit closet homosexual who can't even do a roundhouse kick.

(To avoid political correctness derails: I do not imply that being a homosexual is a bad thing just that Mac views himself as a mucho super-hetero guy and we're supposed to find it funny that he secretly wants Dennis to do to him amazing things with his penis.)

This is really just part of Sunny's humor, it's horrible, dark and hilarious. Also completely unrealistic.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

emanresu tnuocca posted:

"Do you still get the feeling he wants to bang us?"

"I know we've never said this as a group, but Mac's gay."

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Potential BFF posted:

"I know we've never said this as a group, but Mac's gay."

Yeah and that happened in what, season 8 or 9? In an episode the is pretty much all about "what Mac thinks he is vs. what Mac actually is". I'm not saying that Sunny never makes things explicit, it pretty much does whatever's funny, cause they're funny guys.

Mac Day is an amazing episode.

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfh2lz_Gzv4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qza7s-ls4Q

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Haha, I didn't mean for that to be pricky bullshit or anything. I agree that Always Sunny is exaggerated parody and that is why it is great!

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I don't forgive you.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I don't forgive you.

And I do not hear the click of the deadbolt while I dine upon squash and beef.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I feel like I've made myself perfectly redundant.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
let's save this lovely discussion with some tasty treats:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Here's my question about the Mac Day episode. Did Country Mac copy City Mac, or did City Mac copy Country Mac? By copy I mean the style and liking karate and being badass. I doubt either one copied each other being gay.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

The Fresh Prince posted:

Here's my question about the Mac Day episode. Did Country Mac copy City Mac, or did City Mac copy Country Mac? By copy I mean the style and liking karate and being badass. I doubt either one copied each other being gay.

Which way are you leaning?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

let's save this lovely discussion with some tasty treats:

I think I'm just going to endorse all my checks with this from now on.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
Dennis is a full on rapist get over it jabronis.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Clamknuckle posted:

This person gets it. Sometimes you just have to be selective in terms of what you analyze and sometimes the best course of action is to use references to the show to get your point across for the amusement of both yourself and others. Denim Chicken.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

timp posted:

Which way are you leaning?

I think city mac copied coutry mac because lets face it, country mac is the real badass.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Clamknuckle posted:

What, like Africans, dyslexics, children... that sort of thing?

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Ahem

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

This is a goddamned smear campaign!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

The Fresh Prince posted:

I think city mac copied coutry mac because lets face it, country mac is the real badass.

I think it's funnier if Country Mac copied City Mac.

City Mac would tell him of all these great, totally bad-rear end, but still safe, things he was into. County Mac also thought they were totally bad-rear end, so he got into karate, motorcycles, etc.., and was just naturally amazing at them and better than City Mac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Bruce Matthis diddles kids.