Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Thank god for replays, GUI is looking more and more like new carlos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
Agreed, lets hope he gets fat.

There was a banner up when the flare went in that said "14? Heres 5 more years" - anyone know what this is about or am I trying to decipher the faeces smeared on a wall here

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

He bloody deserved that, pain

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

Agreed, lets hope he gets fat.

There was a banner up when the flare went in that said "14? Heres 5 more years" - anyone know what this is about or am I trying to decipher the faeces smeared on a wall here

I saw the banner too but I have literally no idea wtf

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
gently caress I missed that goal AND the Olympic one

like the shittest game of chinese whispers

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Would be great if Sydney Olympic made it through, love a good giant killing in the cup

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Just to mess with your head, Sydney Olympic at currently playing and losing to the Bentleigh Greens, it's Brisbane Olympic who are playing the Mariners. Both Olympics had NPL finals this week, I think both lost so they're probably hosed body and soul

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

Just to mess with your head, Sydney Olympic at currently playing and losing to the Bentleigh Greens, it's Brisbane Olympic who are playing the Mariners. Both Olympics had NPL finals this week, I think both lost so they're probably hosed body and soul

Whoops, you're right indeed. Bentleigh seem to be dominating that game fwiw

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Kosta has been poo poo tonight, hopefully Archie isnt

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Of course he won't be, come on now

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Apparently the 14 years reference was about a banned fan - who now gets another 5 years added to his ban.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I've never been a huge Archie fan tbh

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

Apparently the 14 years reference was about a banned fan - who now gets another 5 years added to his ban.

Lmao what a twat

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Bogan Krkic posted:

I've never been a huge Archie fan tbh

I like him because he once came to my local clubs 5-a-side tournie about 3 million years ago when he played for Carlton. They made it seem like a big deal and I had no idea who he was but mum has loved him ever since

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Oh no they took off that Zwed kid, Tuggies are hosed

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

Oh no they took off that Zwed kid, Tuggies are hosed

He was literally their only player who could hold on to the ball

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Fuckin goal :stare:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Good poo poo, pain and berisha are looking absolutely brilliant

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Awwww gently caress that poor goalie in the Mariners game, worst day of his life

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

Awwww gently caress that poor goalie in the Mariners game, worst day of his life

My stream is choppy as hell, what's the news?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Oh I just saw it, rip

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I bet berisha does a fantastic gurn

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Brisbane Olympic keeper tried to throw the ball out of the 6 yard box, fell on his arse and dropped it. Trifiro tapped it in from about a metre out

Despair palpable

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Awwww yiss.

Now to smug around for the next two weeks :smuggo: :smug: :smaug:

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Tongues posted:

Up to that point he was their MOM. And probably still is.

But the ground started slippery, and then got worse as the dew formed. Good tactic by the home side up to that goal.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

MiniSune posted:

Up to that point he was their MOM. And probably still is.

But the ground started slippery, and then got worse as the dew formed. Good tactic by the home side up to that goal.

I only saw the replays online, were you at the game? Looked pretty fun

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Tongues posted:

I only saw the replays online, were you at the game? Looked pretty fun

Listened live on coast fm and watched fox on mute while victory ran riot. Fox had a split screen thingy posted on their online coverage, but I never noticed a red button prompt.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

words can not describe how excited I am for tuesday.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Anyone else had their season tickets arrive and suddenly had a raw overcomming of hype for the season? Also Sarota is back for a season on loan at the Roar.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Byolante posted:

Anyone else had their season tickets arrive and suddenly had a raw overcomming of hype for the season? Also Sarota is back for a season on loan at the Roar.

Every drat year.

It's a bit late, but livestream of Jest vs Mariners in Mudgee: http://youtu.be/F5ijroGaNMA

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If someone doesn't post a new thread soon, I'm going to do it myself and do a really lovely job of it.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

LordPants posted:

If someone doesn't post a new thread soon, I'm going to do it myself and do a really lovely job of it.

Here is my lovely abortive start of an op, take it and run wild young man

The Hyundai A League is a villainous hive of scum and iniquity. There are 10 teams full of terrible players nobody including the people who go every week have ever heard of and David Villa. The reffing is poor but kicking people who are too tricky is generally allowed and you are guaranteed at least one hilarious defensive fuckup leading to a goal every game. The games are played in the Australian summer to cash in on people being excited that actual football is happening in somebody else’s winter. Last Season the Brisbane Roar won both the regular season and the playoffs after beating the scummiest team in the world the Western Sydney Wanderers in the grand final. In the lead up to the final the entire sporting media spent pages and pages explaining why it was best for football that Sydney won, then they lost and the next weekend on Offsiders they didn’t even mention who won. In short, gently caress the press and gently caress everyone south of the Tweed.

The Teams

Brisbane Roar

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/ea/Brisbane_Roar_FC_%282014%E2%80%93%29.jpg/200px-Brisbane_Roar_FC_%282014%E2%80%93%29.jpg

Best team in the A League. Only team to win the grand final 3 times, only team to win the grand final twice in a row. The manager is one of the few coaches in world football to have won the top flight of both the Women’s and the Men’s competition. The coach who won back to back titles is now the coach of the Australian team who played exciting yet sad matches at the world cup.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e2/BroichTh.jpg

The best player is Thomas Broich, a German midfielder who controls all the attacking play and gets kicked a lot. He has been the most fouled player in the league every season he has played for the Roar. Best known for his absolute refusal to take a shot on goal.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/98/Liam_Miller.jpg/220px-Liam_Miller.jpg

The worst player is Liam Miller which is hilarious because last season he got an in form card in FUT.

???

Scummiest player I have no clue about because the clear favourite is now in Melbourne.

edit: Please at least do a scummiest player at each team because I badly want to see Jarrod Polenz described as 'the only thing dirtier than his play is his hair'

Byolante fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Sep 20, 2014

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Lol I completely forgot about the Roar's new crest, it looks like a badge on the front of my hand assembled fixie.

I wrote a thing about Victory if you like because 1) I don't actually pay attention the the rest of the league enough to write a funny op, and 2) I'm gay

Melbourne Victory

Really good, the best team, the only team with endless mdt posting from known shitposters such as myself. Biggest team in the league, with the best fans 5 years running, and deservedly favourites for the upcoming season. Managed by paragon of sporting fairness, Kevin 'don't go past me or I will break your legs' Muscat

The actual best player in the league is Leigh Broxham, a versatile and inventive central midfielder, who despite being 5 ft 6 can capably fill in at central defense to shut down Emile Heskey, can smash in long range volleys from midfield, and was the first player to come through from the terraces to the pitch, having volunteered as the kit man at the club before winning a trial and then going on to be the current vice-captain.

Closely following DJ Beat Brox is Gui Finkler, a Brazilian wizard who has an eye for a pass, a great shot from a dead ball, and will be providing the balls through to last season's top scorer Besart Berisha.

The worst player at Victory is this lad, Jason Geria. Despite having a lots of pace and energy, and being pretty strong along with having a great wingspan, he's absolute gash.

Scummiest player is easily the known Serbian, Big Bes Berisha. He's not dirty, he's just tenacious and wants to win.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I think we got rid of the albanian axe murderer at the right time because his kicking people in the face antics are finally starting to catch up with him. But know how sport governing bodies work in this country they will stop punishing him now he plays south of the tweed.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Are all Roar fans developing a persecution complex after the years of unprecedented success or is it just Byolante?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Shmoses posted:

Are all Roar fans developing a persecution complex after the years of unprecedented success or is it just Byolante?

Honestly if you spent the entire season hearing why Sydney winning is good for the game you would be pretty sick of the poo poo too.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

A Queensland persecution complex? Never!

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

A Queensland persecution complex? Never!

We need to bring back Jo, it was better then

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Sydney > Melbourne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
You guys are doing way better than I was going to do, work has been destroying me lately and I don't think I could really have done anything.

Would have been ASCII and poo poo.

Melbourne Victory to win the league this year, we are the evil empire and frankly no one likes it when the good guys win all the time. gently caress em. gently caress me.

I can't wait, I'm gonna get rowdy and rambunctious both online and in the stadium and throw up on the train home/pass out in the toilet and get kicked out by the conductor. Best fuckin game.

• Locked thread