Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance

SamBishop posted:

If you have PlayStation Plus, make sure you claim everything for a given month even if you don't have that system yet. This has become something of a mantra for Plus subscribers, but it bears repeating; it's possible to pick up a Vita now and have literally dozens of games to download and play for free without spending another dime. Now that we're adding everything at the start of the month, too, you won't miss anything as long as you get in before the next Instant Game Collection refresh.

Wait, how does this work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

fookolt posted:

Putting a game in your download queue (even if you immediately cancel it) is kind of a purchase history and it is hardware-independent.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

fookolt posted:

use the webstore. purchase everything for free on PS+. If you get that system eventually, you will have that game. (if you still have plus)

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Darth Windu posted:

Huh, thanks. I didn't realize that the RAM was such a huge deal. At this rate I am probably going to wait until Dragon Age: Inquisition is out and then buy one, since I'll have enough in my budget to comfortably fit one in at that point and that is the one game I'm actually interested in.

Although I had never heard of Bloodborne, that looks cool and with these new revelations about RAM I am interested to see what a Dark Souls type game can do with the higher power. Thanks guys.
I know this is a late reply but the guy who made Demon's Souls and Dark Souls made Bloodborne, it's gonna be fantastic and you should buy all editions of it at this point.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Can someone give me a jumping off point on what to do in Fez without any outright cheating? I finished close to %50 and I just feel stuck on every area I run into. Someone said that the fake language is important, I realize that, but I really don't even know how the game works half way through and trying to decipher treasure maps hasn't been much help. If I enter an area can I solve it within it, or am supposed be collecting something from other areas (outside of obvious stuff like keys)? because I feel like I have sort hit a brick wall.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Is there any way to view trailers on the ps4 without either using the ign app, which is horrible and has like 10 trailers tops or browsing to youtube which barely even works? On the 360 I could just browse to a game's page and get a list of trailers but here the most I can find is some screenshots, and that's not even for all games. I just want to watch the TGS 2014 trailers on the ps4

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Been a while since I played Fez, but if I recall correctly you can only go so far without figuring out the language or using a guide. It's still fun up to that point, though. If you want to take a stab at the the language yourself, I think you should look for a classroom .

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
You can technically beat the game without knowing it but you need it to get 100%.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Davincie posted:

Is there any way to view trailers on the ps4 without either using the ign app, which is horrible and has like 10 trailers tops or browsing to youtube which barely even works? On the 360 I could just browse to a game's page and get a list of trailers but here the most I can find is some screenshots, and that's not even for all games. I just want to watch the TGS 2014 trailers on the ps4

I can't remember if you're who asked this before so sorry if I'm giving you the answer you don't want again but youtube.tv works very well. I've never even had to deal with ads.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Yeah youtube.tv works really well.

edit: it's youtube.com/tv sorry

Stick Figure Mafia fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Sep 20, 2014

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Never asked about it before. I tried youtube.tv upon your suggestion but it seems like its down. Guess i'll try another day

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

NESguerilla posted:

Can someone give me a jumping off point on what to do in Fez without any outright cheating? I finished close to %50 and I just feel stuck on every area I run into. Someone said that the fake language is important, I realize that, but I really don't even know how the game works half way through and trying to decipher treasure maps hasn't been much help. If I enter an area can I solve it within it, or am supposed be collecting something from other areas (outside of obvious stuff like keys)? because I feel like I have sort hit a brick wall.

The fake language has everything to do with it. If you see writing on pedestals or monoliths, you need to decipher it to "beat" that room.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
So Broketober is nearly upon us, Shadow of Mordor, Alien Isolation, The Evil Within, and that's just the first two weeks. Anyone jumping in?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Darth Ballz posted:

The fake language has everything to do with it. If you see writing on pedestals or monoliths, you need to decipher it to "beat" that room.

He's trying to beat the game with 50%, not get all the anticubes. That can be done without any fake language stuff.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

MZ posted:

So Broketober is nearly upon us, Shadow of Mordor, Alien Isolation, The Evil Within, and that's just the first two weeks. Anyone jumping in?

Shadow of Mordor is what I'll be getting barring bad reviews, apart from that I got my eye on Driveclub with Lords of the Fallen as a possible third option. Anyone know if the Driveclub PS+ price of 50 usd is only for the pre order?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

MZ posted:

There are so many games coming out in the next few months that I don't know how the hell to prioritize them, and the fact that they're mostly huge open-world or role-playing games doesn't help. Shadows of Mordor is guaranteed to get some playtime by virtue of being first out the gate. Alien Isolation, Evil Within, and Lords of the Fallen are all on the maybe pile if I get time and they review well. November is even worse with Far Cry 4 and Little Big Planet 3 forcing Assassin's Creed and Dragon Age onto the January backlog since I'm itching to play Kingdom Hearts 2 and Birth By Sleep in December. Then there's Bloodborn, The Order, and Witcher 3 in February with Type-0 waiting in March.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Biggest human being Ever posted:

Anyone know if the Driveclub PS+ price of 50 usd is only for the pre order?

It shouldn't be. The discount is meant to represent you upgrading from the free PS+ edition to the full edition, so it would only make sense to still apply post-release.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

NESguerilla posted:

This may be too on the nose but I can't think of a way to make it more obtuse without being opaque, maybe someone else can run with it:

Seek out the pangram.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

MZ posted:

NBA 2k15, maybe Sleeping Dogs... then November is even worse.

I'm still not sold on Shadows of Mordor. AI looks terrible and some of the environment, cliffs etc are almost PS2 era. Like completely flat.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

NESguerilla posted:

When you are in a room with a ?, try hitting random combos of L2 and R2.

about half of the secrets are just "input the correct sequence of l2 and r2" and the language in the room tells you the sequence.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

MZ posted:

Evil Within is in my sights, I mean the guy who made Godhand is behind it and he was also part of the Resident Evil 4 team so I feel like this game is in good hands.

Alien Isolation has me very wary considering the track record of the Alien franchise with games (very spotty, but the beat ems up were loving awesome) and I"m not going to try to get burned like Colonial Marines.

Never.

Again.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Davincie posted:

Never asked about it before. I tried youtube.tv upon your suggestion but it seems like its down. Guess i'll try another day

I prefer just using the regular Youtube website, especially since the youtube.tv interface is horrible, and doesn't let you browse channels easily or choose the video resolution. If the regular Youtube interface is too small, then you can press R3 to zoom in.

However, you can use the Youtube app on a smartphone with youtube.tv, and choose which video to play from there. This lets you browse through playlists or other channels while watching the current video on the TV.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

NESguerilla posted:

I'll help you on your way. R1,R1,L1,R1,R1,L1,L1,L1

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
remember that game fibbage, due to the way it works, it may be possible to play with streaming. want to help me test this out? http://www.twitch.tv/danthe57

One random person on twitch played with me proving the concept is sound. Need more players next time

Twibbit fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 20, 2014

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

SamBishop posted:

Flip it a little and imagine an English voice actor for a game has passed away. You don't really care about the other voice actors internationally (not that you have a choice in most games, but stay with me here), so if, say, the French voice for Athena or Cortana dies, do Santa Monica Studio or 343 Studios retire the character?

It's a Japanese game, and those voice actors are even more important there than they are here. We see it as an iconic voice actor getting snubbed (and I do still feel that's the case), but would you know if a German Kratos was swapped out?

I suppose I'm more meaning to point out the hypocrisy of it all. It just hits a bit closer too, considering this is a very "American" Japanese game, even though that really doesn't matter in the end since it's for all of the American influences it has, it's still Japanese at its core. It's a very weird circumstance.

And through all of this, I think that it's something that could totally have been avoided if Kojima and Konami would have just used some brains. If they would have used Hayter for Ground Zeroes and then switched in Sutherland for TPP, it would be far less jarring. Peoples' vocal chords change over time, and a ten year gap is going to affect people. Aside from that, we all know that having Snake versus Big Boss would be weird if they both sounded the same. That's why they had two different voice actors in MGS4, or why John Cygan voiced Solidus in MGS2.

All this said, I'm pretty much the only one crazy enough to keep rattling on about this, so I'll shut up and get back in my corner for now.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

"Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most..."
A goon on my friends list is currently playing 'Shadow of Mordor', a review copy at a guess, unless they personally message me I am going to assume it's everything I dreamed it would be.. :magical:

/ambiguous

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011
IS teh Thief game insanely bad or what?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I wouldn't pay 60 dollars for it.

I would maybe consider it if it was for less than 10 dollars.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I just put money down on a ps4 destiny bundle, should be here next week.

Any games I should be buying? I haven't kept up with the ps4 games so far. Was thinking of picking up resogun and infamous and maybe last of us. Any other ps4/console exclusive game recommendations? I mainly game on the pc so any multiplatform game I probably already own and play on the pc.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

keyframe posted:

Any games I should be buying?

Diablo 3: RoS (it's way better on consoles) and Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeros.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Sep 20, 2014

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I saw Cel Damage HD is $2.50 for PS4. Is it bad?

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
I just bought FF14 for my brand new PS4. I do all the registering and stuff, and get to the initial downloading or whatever the gently caress. Says it's going to take 100 minutes or so to download about 4 gigs.

I don't close the application, which is FF14. So I'm on the ps home screen with ff14 still downloading, then I go to standby mode thinking it will continue downloading while in standby. It didn't, and I am wondering why. I just got back home and I have 100 minutes to wait before i play the loving game. Why did it not download in standby?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
The downloaded that runs inside the game itself won't run when the system is in standby.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
That sucks. Thanks. Loving my ps4 though. It's gorgeous, the white one. Also liking Destiny a lot too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Twat McTwatterson posted:

I just bought FF14 for my brand new PS4. I do all the registering and stuff, and get to the initial downloading or whatever the gently caress. Says it's going to take 100 minutes or so to download about 4 gigs.

I don't close the application, which is FF14. So I'm on the ps home screen with ff14 still downloading, then I go to standby mode thinking it will continue downloading while in standby. It didn't, and I am wondering why. I just got back home and I have 100 minutes to wait before i play the loving game. Why did it not download in standby?

Pretty much all the MMO style games on PS4 run their own little installer that is separate from the PSN download system and doesn't really play by the same rules.

DoctorOfLawls
Mar 2, 2001

SA's Brazilian Diplomat
Any news of a standalone white PS4, or should I get the Destiny bundle and return/exchange Destiny unopened if the store allows?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

DoctorOfLawls posted:

Any news of a standalone white PS4, or should I get the Destiny bundle and return/exchange Destiny unopened if the store allows?

You can probably sell it on SA-Mart. Actually, doesn't Walmart do returns with no receipt?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

DoctorOfLawls posted:

You should play Destiny

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

DoctorOfLawls posted:

There are rumors of a stand alone white PS4 but in other territories.

Harlock fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

DoctorOfLawls posted:

edit: Europe only, oops. ------ There's going to be a white Drive Club bundle if you prefer.

• Locked thread