Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Night 1 results
* Team UK def. Bloc Party
- Sean Waltman was on commentary. From the looks of things, he thought Ex-Pakistani Prakash Sabar was hilarious. I heard him saying "I may have to give him some pointers."
- Sabar eats the pin after taking a Shooting Star Press from Mark Andrews.

* GEKIDO def. KE4TPG
- Story told in this match is that Jigsaw still does not want to fight his brother Jolly Roger.
- Kimber Lee took a hellacious beating but refused to stay down. Star-making performance.
- 17 taps Roger out to what looked like a London Dungeon-type move.
- Post-match, Jolly Roger yelled at Jigsaw, and told him "You're not my brother!" Jigsaw was left by GEKIDO and he walked off by himself.

* Spirit Squad def. Odditorium
- Odditorium attacked the Squad mid-cheer.
- Match was what it was. It was passable.
- Oliver Grimsly eats the pin after a 2-post massacre from Kenny & Mikey.
- Kizarny yelled at the Odditorium after the match all the way to the back.

* Flood Elite (w/ captive Snow Troll) def. Spectral Envoy
- Troll was brought out, still chained up. Kingston has a mask for his entrance, a Batman 'Court of Owls' mask.
- Chaotic brawl to start out. Envoy starts to rally back.
- Deucalion brings out Delirious and sics him on Mantis, causing the distraction. Kingston hits the Backfist to give the Flood the win.

Intermission.

* Devastation Corporation def. Team Extravaganza
- Dev Corp refused to respect Thunderkitty until she started fighting back. Even then, they still had little respect for her.
- Dev Corp won with the Death Blow on Marion Fontaine.

* 3peck0 def. BDK Cubed
- Cube wore his Cosby sweater, and his offense was literally laughable. No force behind it.
- Jagged eventually caught Ares in the Majistral for the win.
- Post-match, Ares went to punch Cube, but was stopped by Nokken, who then laid out Ares!
- Cube unmasks-- it's JAKOB HAMMERMEIER! He said his career had been a series of disappointments, all of which he laid at Ares' feet.
- Jakob also has the reforged Eye of Tyr, and is in the monster wrangling business. He controls Nokken, and he's taking over the BDK.
- Jakob said he had to make a deal with "some devils" to get the Eye, implying that he made a deal with the Flood.

* Golden Trio def. L.A.X.
- Another serviceable match. L.A.X. worked heel and everyone did their part to perfection.
- Throwbacks catch Chavo with a 3-D for the win.
- Post-match, Chavo grabs the mic and puts over indie wrestling, Chikara and its champs, and King of Trios.
- Homicide then has Gavin Loudspeaker address the fans on his behalf. "He says to say 'Thank you, wrestling fans! ...AND GO YANKEES!'"

Before the main event, the Greenhorn Militia (GHM) came out-- Equinox III, Create-a-Wrestler II, and Kid Cyclone. Cyclone did all the talking, and mentioned the fallen Proud Oak, Thunderfrog, and Kobald, and accused the veteran wrestlers, their supposed mentors, as caring more about selling their merchandise and winning more accolades than about avenging them. Cyclone then called out Deucalion, demanding he face them. Hallowicked came out to try to talk some sense into them, and before they left, Cyclone called Deucalion a coward.

* Colony def. Colony Xtreme Force
- Early in the match, CXF clipped Worker's knee and then slammed it with Arctic Rescue's snowboard. Worker was helped to the back.
- Colony is down by an ant, and Missile Assault Ant repeatedly yells his name while performing his offense.
- Worker hobbles back out, despite staff trying to hold him back, and powers through the injury. He refuses to stay down, even after the snowboard is BROKEN over his head.
- Colony takes out Arctic Rescue and Orbit Adventure with an Ant-apult, then pins Missile Assault after an Anthill.

Tomorrow:
- Quarterfinals featuring Team UK, GEKIDO, Spirit Squad, Flood Elite, Devastation Corporation, 3peck0, The Golden Trio, and The Colony. No brackets have been announced.
- RdV Eliminator: Shynron vs Taylor vs Tigre Uno vs Swann
- RdV Eliminator: Kid Hybrid vs Sanada vs AR Fox vs Amasis
- Singles Match: Ashley Remington vs Yoshi Tatsu
- Singles Match: Juan Francisco de Coronado vs Rockstar Spud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Best part of KOT night 1

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I wound up sitting by Maffew; he's a really nice, funny guy.

Also, Night One was a lot of fun. I think the other two will be a bit better because I like variety in match-types, but I had a great time. I think the lack of outside teams and female wrestlers does hurt a bit, but they compensated nicely.

Also, Icarus didn't...uh, didn't really do anything in his tag match. A couple spots aside, he just hung on the apron and certainly didn't look particularly impressive.

GrimGypsy fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Sep 20, 2014

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Night 1 is already up at smvod.com.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DM Punk posted:

Night 1 is already up at smvod.com.

Yeah it is pretty remarkable:
http://smvod.com/products/chikara-september-19-2014-king-of-trios-night-1-easton-pa

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Would you guys who were there recommend this to a lapsed fan? Gotta say I'm impressed by the turnaround time.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Jay 2K Winger posted:

- Cube unmasks-- it's JAKOB HAMMERMEIER! He said his career had been a series of disappointments, all of which he laid at Ares' feet.
- Jakob also has the reforged Eye of Tyr, and is in the monster wrangling business. He controls Nokken, and he's taking over the BDK.
- Jakob said he had to make a deal with "some devils" to get the Eye, implying that he made a deal with the Flood.
CHIKARA fully redeemed

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Some notes from last night to add to Winger's post:

- Thunderkitty headbutting Max Smashmaster looked like the moon colliding with the Earth.

- At one point, Shard and 17 refused to let Jigsaw tag out forced him to wrestle Jolly Roger.

- Maybe it's me, but I don't think Sinn Bodhi's wrestled in the ring for more than five minutes combined since the new season's started. He basically makes Grimsley and Qefka do all the work, which makes him more of a dick for yelling at them post-match.

- Seeing the Spirit Squad as faces is weird as hell.

- Watch the show just for Dr. Cube's offense. It's like watching Mr. Burns try to fight someone. That and Jakob's amazing delivery about how he's made a deal with "some devils." That guy's the best.

- LAX seriously ruled at heeling.

- Kid Cyclone is a pretty good promo. Too bad he's going to get torn in half like a piece of paper.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

My Lovely Horse posted:

CHIKARA fully redeemed

Aaaaaa no kidding holy CRAP. Now I'm regretting not going for opening night.

This is a stupid-rear end question to ask, but do you think it'd be a possibility to get room tomorrow, like a gen admission ticket, at the door?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

SirDippingSauce posted:

Aaaaaa no kidding holy CRAP. Now I'm regretting not going for opening night.

This is a stupid-rear end question to ask, but do you think it'd be a possibility to get room tomorrow, like a gen admission ticket, at the door?

Most definitely.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So you can download night one here already: http://smvod.com/products/chikara-september-19-2014-king-of-trios-night-1-easton-pa

It has a note that this is the live edit and that the HQ version will be available soon. I'm assuming that means that if I purchase this now, I'll have access to the HQ version once it's finished? Or would they be two separate purchases?

Haven't ordered too too much from SMVOD before, so I'm not sure how that works exactly.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Report on the Conclave:

They were taking sign-ups for various activities. Dasher Hatfield's Dizzy-Bat Challenge, and a Talent Show. Being a fat schlub from the internet, I have no talent, so I didn't sign up for that.

Tigre Uno, Sanada, and Spud were all there selling merch. So was Trent?, so I expect that Chuckie T will get eliminated from the Rey de Voladores King of the Flippy Little Boys running and we'll see the Best Friends in the Tag Gauntlet.

They had a photo booth set up. For $1 you got two 3-pic strips, and there were little costume doodads to put on. The Throwbacks, the Best Friends, the Colony, and the Osirian Portal all took part in that.

Maffew was hosting the WWF No Mercy tournament. He was wearing a suit with Union Jack designs on it. Naturally Spud (who was wearing a US Flag suit) came up and glared at the back of his head until he noticed him.

The Dizzy-Bat Challenge was your typical 'put your head on the end of a baseball bat and run in circles around it ten times, then run to the finish line' challenge. The prize was a Steve the Turtle t-shirt. (As Dasher put it, "What does the winner get?") Flex Rumblecrunch and Mr. Touchdown both got involved. Flex only did five rotations, fell almost immediately, and was clobbered by an elbow from Dasher. Touchdown detoured straight out into the hall.

Sidney Bakabella hosted a trivia contest, and randomly picked three fans (and then allowed DMPunk to join in anyway) for the chance to win a Devastation Corporation prize pack. The questions (there were five) were all about 80s-era wrestling stuff. Only one question ended up getting answered, and I don't remember what it was.

There was Family Feud-esque game with two teams, co-captained respectively by the Colony and 3peck0, plus three random fans each. Typical Family Feud style categories. Jagged cheated at one point and snuck a peek at one of the answers. The Colony ended up winning handily in the final round.

The finale of the Conclave was the talent show. Gavin opened up by performing a song, and the judges were Icarus, Ashley Remington, and the Best Friends. The winner was a woman who played a 'magic whistle' flute. Mrs. Ophidian also performed by playing a ukulele and singing "Hit Me Baby One More Time."

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Guys I'm so loving pumped for this

If you're in attendance, I'm wearing a cactus jack shirt (had to take off my flannel)

I'm in row two across from the ramp. Come say hi.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I'm pretty sure Trent?'s leg is still hosed up so dont get your hopes up.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Yoshi loving Tatsu!

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Watched watched everything from night 1 except the main event. Tons of fun. Biggest laugh of the night was for the fan who tried to console Jolly Roger: "It's okay Roger, my brother sucks too!"

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Was so disappointed when Donst announced he wasn't coming back, since I liked to see where he was going with his group of flockies. I figured Jakob was shown the door too. So excited to see him back now.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Quick recap while it's fresh:

Night 2
1) Rey de Voladores - Shynron def. Rich Swann, Tigre Uno, & Chuck Taylor
- Taylor was the only one who really worked heel in the match.
- Taylor was first eliminated after a Five-Star Swann Splash
- Swann went next, tapping to a submission from Tigre.
- Shynron pinned Tigre after hitting a backflip cutter and a second-rope 630.
- Tigre Uno got "Please come back" chants.

2) KOT Quarterfinals - 3peck0 def. GEKIDO
- Jigsaw was still getting bossed around by GEKIDO.
- Shane Matthews tapped Jigsaw to Da Boston Crab for the win.
- GEKIDO started to leave without Jigsaw, who turned his back on them. When Shard came back to yell at him, he got kicked in the head.
- Quack came out on mic and said "Chikara is your family, Jigsaw. Chikara needs you." Jigsaw walked out the door, yelling, "I don't need anybody!"

3) Battle of the Bowties - Juan Francisco de Coronado def. Rockstar Spud
- Christin, the lady who won the Conclave talent show, played her flute to introduce JFDC, who took the flute and broke it.
- Much posturing about the bowties to start out. Spud pulled another bowtie out of his tights and put it on Bryce the ref. JFDC took the bowtie away and stomped on it.
- JFDC crotched Spud on the top rope and hit a deadlift German for the pin.

Before the next match, the GHM came out again. Kid Cyclone declared they don't like bullies, and said bullies are cowards. He gave Deucalion one last chance to prove he isn't a coward. Once again, Deucalion didn't show. Kid Cyclone swore to cripple him when he least expected it.

4) KOT Quarterfinals - Devastation Corporation def. Team UK
- Team UK fought hard. But Mark Andrews ate the Death Blow to give Dev Corp the win.

Intermission.

5) Rey de Voladores - Sanada def. Amasis, Kid Hybrid, AR Fox
- Sanada worked heel.
- Kid Hybrid hit Amasis with a tree-of-woe coast-to-coast headbutt, knocking himself loopy. Sanada rolled him up with his feet on the ropes for the elimination.
- Amasis eliminated AR Fox with a 450 Splash that sent snot and spittle flying.
- Sanada sprayed Amasis with mist and hit a superkick to advance to the finals.

6) KOT Quarterfinals - Golden Trio def. The Spirit Squad.
- The Squad turned heel before the match, refusing to do another cheer.
- Comedy antics in the early going.
- Kenny eats a 3D from the Throwbacks and taps to Icarus' Chikara Special.

7) 'Smooth Sailin' Ashley Remington def. Yoshi Tatsu Yamamoto via DQ
- Some more comedy antics in evidence here. Remington was aghast that Yamamoto didn't break a hold at 1.
- Juan Francisco de Coronado interfered and attacked Remington to draw the DQ. Yamamoto kicked him in the head for it.
- Remington and Yamamoto shake hands after the match, and Yamamoto gets a fruit basket.

8) KOT Quarterfinals - The Flood Elite def. The Colony
- Snow Troll was chained at ringside again.
- Worker's knee was targeted, but he and the Colony refused to go down.
- Troll grabbed Jacobs' leg at one point, and got beat for it.
- Colony and Worker rally back, but before Worker can capitalize on Jacobs, the Troll begs him to unchain him. He does so, but a grateful Troll won't stop hugging Worker's leg.
- Deucalion came out and sicced Soldier Ant (still missing an antenna) on the Colony behind Bryce's back. This allowed Jacobs to capitalize and pick up the pin.

Post-match, Jacobs and Fat Gimp Mask Volgar kneel before Deucalion, and just when Kingston's about to do the same, the GHM ran out and attacked. The Batiri, 3.0, and Hallowicked joined in the fray, and the Flood took them out at ringside. Deucalion shrugged off all three members of the GHM, but Kid Cyclone managed to unmask him. I didn't recognize him, but Deucalion is bald with all black eyes. Deucalion screamed "COWARD?! COWARD?!" at Kid Cyclone, which is when the Flood grabbed him and Create-a-Wrestler II. 3quinox tried to attack Deucalion, but got goozled and then chokebreakered. The Flood fed him CAW2 and he ate another chokebreaker. Just when they were about to do the same to Kid Cyclone, he slipped out of his hooded cape and ran away. The Flood retreated, triumphant, leaving 'Wicked to look over his fallen students in despair.

Tomorrow:
KOT Semifinals & Finals featuring 3peck0, Devastation Corporation, The Golden Trio, and the Flood Elite. Again, no specific brackets, but I think we'll get Dev Corp vs Golden Trio and 3peck0 vs Flood Elite, with Golden Trio vs Flood Elite in the finals.
Rey de Voladores: Shynron vs Sanada
Tag Team Gauntlet: The Batiri, N_R_G, Wrecking Crew, Los Ice Creams, plus more teams.
Submission Squad's Open Atomicos Challenge
Non-tournament match TBA

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
who the gently caress is Kid Cyclone

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Bard Maddox posted:

who the gently caress is Kid Cyclone

Kid Cyclone is one of the 2014 Rookie Class. He's the leader of the "Greenhorn Militia" (GHM) along with Equinox III and Create-a-Wrestler II. (Other rookies include Hype Rockwell & Race Jaxon (N_R_G) and Argus.) Cyclone's basically a hot-tempered loudmouth, and he took exception to the fact that the rest of the Chikara roster wasn't trying to avenge the people that had been 'killed' in the war with the Flood. He kept calling out Deucalion, aiming to make a statement by standing up to him. He explicitly called Deucalion a coward, since he only seemed to attack his victims when they were already vulnerable.

Then Kid Cyclone got what he wanted. And he ran away like a coward.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I snapped a slo-no video of kid cyclone being driven into Deucalions knee. It's badass. I'll post it tomorrow when I'm not restricted to just my phone.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Night 1 was a pretty good show. Better than the rest of this season at least, but average for a King of Trios show.

Night 2 was overall the best Chikara show since maybe High Noon. The first Rey de Voladores match was insane and I loving loved Team UK vs. Devastation Corporation to death. It was so solid from start to finish, the two teams had perfect chemistry and Max Smashmaster is my new favorite wrestler. He's really great now all around. At one point he did a sell that was honest to God on Ziggler's level. All the matches were great and the weakest one was probably Spud's and it was still super watchable. Must-buy.

Spirit Squad's sudden heel turn was brilliant. They were hyping up the crowd one side at a time and the second side had one guy who booed. Kenny suddenly went all, "WHO BOOED US?!" and turned heel because of it. It was perfect and they were so much better in that match than when they were faces in Night 1.

The ending was ridiculously comic booky and I loved every second of it. Yeah, Deucalion has an amish neckbeard, makeup to make him look paler and all-black eyes. The moment he showed his face, a woman literally screamed in terror. It was over-the-top in the best way, especially the "COWARD?! COWARD?!" part. Also, Jacobs held Cyclone down and forced him to watch the murdering of his buddies while Eddie was yelling that this was all his fault. During all of that, Snow Troll was hiding under the ring, so nobody thought to rescue him. After everyone left, Jacobs and Kingston returned to rechain him and Jacobs whipped him around with a belt.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Took this pic during the Conclave.

The Best Gentlefriends Club?

http://i.imgur.com/A3zQtbB.jpg

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Phenix Rising posted:

So you can download night one here already: http://smvod.com/products/chikara-september-19-2014-king-of-trios-night-1-easton-pa

It has a note that this is the live edit and that the HQ version will be available soon. I'm assuming that means that if I purchase this now, I'll have access to the HQ version once it's finished? Or would they be two separate purchases?

Haven't ordered too too much from SMVOD before, so I'm not sure how that works exactly.

The HQ of Night 1 is up now and apparently it isn't a second purchase. It just replaces what they had on the site.

Night 2 live edit is available as well.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Night 3 recap

Teddy Hart's cat was spotted at the show. Unfortunately, so was Teddy Hart.

1) KOT Semifinals - Golden Trio def. Flood Elite
- Snow Troll was still chained up.
- Icarus made Volgar tap to the Chikara Special. Golden Trio advances.
- Post-match, Snow Troll got Icarus to unchain him... and then he low-blowed him.
- The Flood laid out the Golden Trio, and then Troll willingly got chained back up. "Stockholm Syndrome" chants.

2) KOT Semifinals - Devastation Corporation def. 3peck0
- 3peck0 had face-paint on as well. Dev Corp & Bakabella were furious that they were stealing their gimmick.
- 3peck0 got a triple Boston Crab on all three members of Dev Corp, but Bakabella pulled Bryce out of the ring.
- Death Blow to Jagged. Dev Corp advances.

3) Mark Andrews def. Sir Oliver Grimsly
- No Kizarny or Qefka in sight.
- Andrews won with a Shooting Star Press.

4) Tag Team Gauntlet
* Los Ice Creams def. Old Fashioned. Much antics surrounding the sprinkles. Junior poured out some sprinkles, but Fontaine swept them up with a push-broom. More sprinkles, and Jervis swept them up with a hand-brush and dustpan. Even more sprinkles, and Jervis came out with a vacuum cleaner. This let Los Ice Creams roll up Fontaine to get the first fall.
* N_R_G def. Los Ice Creams. Hype Rockwell caught Hijo with a wind-up backbreaker for the fall.
* Colony XTREME Force (Arctic Rescue Ant/Missile Assault Ant) def. N_R_G. Missile hit Hype with three rolling northern lights suplexes for the pin.
* The Batiri def. Colony XTREME Force. Obariyon hit Missile with the Flying DDT for the pin.
* The Osirian Portal def. The Batiri. The Portal tried to calm down the Batiri by assuring them they're not enemies, but it didn't work. Osirian Sacrament gives the Portal the pin.
* The Osirian Portal def. The Bloc Party (Prakash Sabar/Proletariat Boar). Ophidian dodged a Boar Gore, which hit Sabar, allowing him to lock on the Death Grip to Sabar for the win.
* The Osirian Portal def. The Colony (Silver Ant/Worker Ant). Amasis was hurt at some point prior to this, and had trouble getting back up in the Portal's corner. Ophidian got the pin on Silver with a bridging backslide. The Portal has three points.
* The Osirian Portal def. The Dunne Brothers. The Dunnes were from Team UK. Amasis made it back to his feet long enough for him to hit Little Dunne with a 450 splash.
* The Wrecking Crew (Jaka/Oleg the Usurper) def. The Osirian Portal. The Portal was exhausted by this point, and it showed. They even collapsed when they tried to go for a tandem dive. Even so, they would not stay down, and Jon Barber got taken out by mistake. Bryce tried to make it in the ring to count a pin, but didn't make it in time. Bakabella smacked Ophidian in the face with a roll of nickels to give the Wrecking Crew the win.

Intermission.

5) The Submission Squad def. The Gentleman's Club (Chuck Taylor, Orange Cassidy, Drew Gulak & The Swamp Monster)
- When the Gentleman's Club came out, the place lost its collective mind.
- This match was just hilarious from the get-go. Chuck Taylor brought the GRENADE to King of Trios!
- The Squad hit Swampy with a flurry of finishers (Stunner, Rock Bottom, Atomic Legdrop, Ultimate Splash) to give them the victory.

6) Rey de Voladores Finals - Shynron def. The Great Sanada
- Sanada was once again heeling it up. Jon Barber caught on to his tactics, though, and called him on it. This redeemed him slightly in the eyes of the crowd.
- Sanada sprayed RED MIST in Shynron's eyes and hit the superkick, but Shynron still kicked out.
- Backflip cutter and the 2nd-rope 630 gives Shynron the Rey de Voladores. "You Deserve It" chants.

7) King of Trios Finals - The Devastation Corporation def. The Golden Trio
- This is an absolute war.
- The Golden Trio brings back F.I.S.T.'s Shooty McGee, but it's not enough to put away Rumblecrunch.
- Icarus became the first person (to my mind) to kick out of the Death Blow.
- It's not enough. Dasher eats a TKO from Rumblecrunch and the Death Blow to give Dev Corp the win.

Post-match, the Flood came out en masse. (No sign of Deucalion.) They stand tall with Dev Corp-- but then CHIKARA LAUNCHES A COUNTERATTACK!
It wasn't enough. Kingston helped the Flood lay out all of them, and then Jacobs got on the mic. He told Icarus to hand over the Grand Championship belt, or they would destroy what was left of Chikara. Icarus was torn, but he handed over the belt... but he grabbed the mic and said the belt would be worthless if there is no Chikara. He asked Kingston, "Do you want to be worthy of that belt... or would you rather be the King of Ashes?"

KINGSTON TURNS ON THE FLOOD! Chikara fights back and they send the Flood into retreat. (No sign of Kid Cyclone.) Kingston hands Icarus the belt back, and tells him, "Keep it warm." Chikara shares a big group hug in the ring and the show closes out with Chikara standing tall.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Best match of the weekend was the Rey de Voladores 4 way with Shynron/Swann/Uno/Taylor. My favorite match though was that Atomicos from Night 3. Gentleman's Club = ALL THE BUYS. I really dug all the stories they told during the tournament too. It was weird to not see Deucalion on Night 3 though. And I am curious as what is next for Kid Cyclone.

Also, NRG's theme song is a copy of Owen Hart's theme and it RULES.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Fantastic weekend. Despite the misgivings about the tournament line-up, it delivered. Some other notes about tonight's show:

- Shynron needs to learn how to sell mist. He went full Cena after kicking out.

- Ophidian beat Silver Ant and Worker Ant on his own, which is kind of weird.

- During Submission Squad/Gentlemen's Club, Gary the Barn Owl and Swamp Monster became best friends and when they were both hot-tagged in, they high-fived, chest-bumped and attacked their own partners. Then somehow both teams, Bryce and Gavin Loudspeaker did a hilarious group photo mid-match. This match was definitely up there with the 8-man tag from 2012. Afterwards, when only Cassidy and Gulak were left to leave, the crowd chanted, "MATCH OF THE YEAR!" and the two of them looked at us like, "What, are you serious?"

- Devastation Corporation shockingly won the main event cleanly, even though Bakabella tried to pull Bryce out of the ring and got kicked off. Blaster lasted in the Chikara Special for forever before being saved.

- During the initial Chikara/Flood brawl, Bryce punched Bakabella.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

What was the attendance like at these shows

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

HulkaMatt posted:

What was the attendance like at these shows

I'm really bad guessing numbers for these kind of things, but Night 1 was fairly full while Night 2 was very full. Full enough that people had to stand up against the back walls. So about the same as King of Trios 2012, which had the same setup, only this year they jacked up the prices for the first four rows.

Great fan energy. Barely a quiet moment.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So if Jakob was Dr. Cube all along, does that mean he controls Dr. Cube's monster too?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

DM Punk posted:

Best match of the weekend was the Rey de Voladores 4 way with Shynron/Swann/Uno/Taylor.

Seriously that match was amazing. I feel like Shynron is going to be one of the next top indie stars. Some of his flips are crazy.

e:
Some photos

And Yoshi fuckin' Tatsu

e: christ I have a bad case of lazy eye in that there photo

Sockser fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 22, 2014

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Marchie Archie!

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Gotta say, the entire KOT sounds pretty awesome for an event that certainly looked anything but spectacular on paper.

That said, what the hell is the deal with Eddie Kingston turning back face just like that? What the hell was the point of his heel turn in the first place then? Do Chikara fans actually still like Kingston that much that Quack had to turn him back?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Germansimp posted:

Gotta say, the entire KOT sounds pretty awesome for an event that certainly looked anything but spectacular on paper.

That said, what the hell is the deal with Eddie Kingston turning back face just like that? What the hell was the point of his heel turn in the first place then? Do Chikara fans actually still like Kingston that much that Quack had to turn him back?
Kingston was only a heel because he burned out on wrestling and didn't care anymore. Icarus made him change his mind, and that was that.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I don't think anyone but me noticed, but on Night 2 during the Ashley Remington vs Juan Francisco de Coronado match, Marche Archie was by the back curtain with the BIGGEST poo poo eating grin on his face. He stayed for the whole match watching it and even did the hand waving with the crowd. I REALLY hope those two team up soon.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Also, found this on FB today. Bad weekend for the GHM.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Deucalion, unmasked.

"COWARD?! COWARD?!"

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Is Chikara as weird as I've heard it is, and if so, what is a good place to start watching it?

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

I just started to get into it with King of Trios 2012 and the Best of 2013 DVD. It's very entertaining, but yeah, a little cartoony and weird. It's really part of its charm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Rhonne posted:

So if Jakob was Dr. Cube all along, does that mean he controls Dr. Cube's monster too?

Presumably. The whole thing has tied into Kaiju's current storyline where Dr. Cube was shot, the body was never found, and a new Dr. Cube who was definitely not the same guy showed up and took leadership of the monsters. I don't think they ever finished that story (they do like 3 of those shows a year), but they've tied in stuff like the Eye of Tyr and Dragon Dragon being dead.

Since the whole Flood storyline started, Cube hasn't introduced any of the Kaiju monsters. He's only used his henchmen Haack and Slaash, who showed up at Night 3.

Germansimp posted:

Eddie was slowly getting more and more pissed at the fans for disrespecting him and became really dependent on the belt. When the Ashes storyline was going on, Eddie made it known that he had no interest in bringing Chikara back but still carried the belt with him everywhere. He had a point at first because, as he pointed out, doing a grassroots campaign to bring back a dead wrestling promotion doesn't put food on the table. But then he got really mad about rumblings of support and even assaulted a fan for wearing an #IAMCHIKARA t-shirt. It became apparent that he simply wanted to have the belt and bringing Chikara back meant he had a chance to lose it. Once he did lose it, he fell apart and Jacobs was all, "Hey, stick with me and we can make Icarus give you that belt!"

Icarus got through to him by pointing out that the belt is pretty meaningless when you treat it like a piece of property and not something you're supposed to be worthy to hold. I thought it made enough sense and kept him off the table so they could do the Ashes storyline without centering it on him.

DM Punk posted:

Also, found this on FB today. Bad weekend for the GHM.

I spent the weekend hanging out with the guy who drew that. He also made this one.

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Deucalion, unmasked.

"COWARD?! COWARD?!"

Comic book as gently caress.

Smoking Crow posted:

Is Chikara as weird as I've heard it is, and if so, what is a good place to start watching it?

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

I just started to get into it with King of Trios 2012 and the Best of 2013 DVD. It's very entertaining, but yeah, a little cartoony and weird. It's really part of its charm.

Yeah, that's not the worst way to go. I'd say start with High Noon, then go to Chikarasaurus Rex: How to Hatch a Dinosaur, King of Trios 2012 and Best of 2013. Avoid Under the Hood.

• Locked thread