Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

That cat's got very specific looking ears. Is it a particular breed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
My main cat is fully grown and getting sorta fat. However we took in a small kitten that was thrown out of a pickup and needs to eat a lot. How do I go about not making my older cat fat?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

He's part Fruit Bat right?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I got the little bastard to sit still in some decent lighting while I was watching football:

His name is Prince and he is my shelter cat and I love him most dearly. I have had my mother and two girlfriends try to steal him from me. He is a completely unabashed attention whore that plays hard to get.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Sep 7, 2014

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow

Chronojam posted:

That cat's got very specific looking ears. Is it a particular breed?
As far as I can tell he's a Manx or mix with a Manx parent, he's totally tailless. He's not super Manx-like because of his size and the ears do look unusual. When he was skinny he really didn't look it. Behaviorally he's very Manx.

He's just Nosy

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.
Huge cat buddy! :hfive:

(my hosting)
This is Raven and he wasn't fully grown in this picture. Now he's a lean 15 lbs :)

This is from the same year as the previous photo but for some reason he looks GIGANTIC... well, he grew into that look.

Ayin fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 7, 2014

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

He's part Fruit Bat right?

Should have called him Vlad.

Aery
Nov 15, 2005

Where is my motherfucking HAT

Me too

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Here is a brand new member of the black cat thread!

My parents were asleep as a huge storm cell moved through their area. It was POURING rain, lightning and thunder, chances of floods, all that good stuff. around 3 in the morning they hear something shrieking outside their window. They live kind of out in the boonies, in farming country, so they assumed it was a raccoon, possum, maybe even a wounded rabbit. But it just kept going on and on, circling under their window and screeching. For three or four hours, just nonstop noise. Finally, despite the storm, it got light enough to see what was going on outside.
There was a tiny little black kitten wandering around the flooded yard, yelling his head off for mommy. My dad ran outside and the kitten sprinted for him, mewing loudly. He scooped him up and took him into the garage, toweled him off and gave him food and water, both of which he took to quite desperately. My dad is sort of a gruff-dude redneck, so he kept grumbling that he was going to take him to the pound as soon as the storm was over. Several hours later, dad still hadn't left the garage and was just in there playing with this kitten. :3:
That storm was about four days ago, and kitten still hasn't been turned over to the shelter. Instead, they took him to the vet. He was confirmed to be six weeks old and has worms, so he got a shot and vaccinations and is going to be quarantined in the garage for a while so as to not risk getting their other cat sick. They finally gave in and admitted that this little kitty has adopted them, and are going to be keeping him. :)

His name is Monsoon.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Such weapon grade cuteness :3:

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
My sister just called to inform me that his kitten farts smell TERRIBLE. :3:

Finger Wagon
Nov 25, 2009

Three heaping helpings of finger for you, sir.
This is Princess. I adopted her when she was two! I don't know when her birthday is, but she's been with me for about five years now, so I figure she's around seven.

We originally adopted her because my roommate's cat seemed lonely and the lady who was giving up Princess said she'd been the same way ever since her sister was adopted out.

'Perfect,' we thought. Princess would have a new home, I'd have a cat of my own, and Monster would have a companion to keep him company- and coincidentally, the two of them had Peach-and-Bowser-esque matching names, too! What could possibly go wrong?

Now, this is the point where I'm sure at least one person is going to snort because we all know that is just not how cats work. Don't get me wrong, I've had cats my entire life- but I'd never had a cat decide that I was theirs.

A companion for Monster? Sure, they get along, but Princess' most definitive trait is that she pretty much ceases to exist if I'm not home, and not in a shy cat way- I've been informed that she just doesn't seem to care about anybody but me (much to my nineteen-year-old cat-loving new roommate's dismay. He just wants her to love him so badly) and won't leave my room to do anything but bother someone for food if I'm not around. The only reason she ever really goes into my roommates' rooms or interacts with them is because I am there and it is therefore convenient for her to do so as well.

So what could go wrong? Nothing. Nothing could, or did, go wrong. I love this cat. I did not expect to have such a ridiculously over-the-top children's movie companionship with her, and it came as a wonderful surprise.

She frequently follows me around the house. She started jumping up on the edge of the bathroom sink and drinking from the tap after a few months of watching me do it. I keep a cup of water on my desk, and now I have to keep one by the window for her, too, because she refuses to drink from a dish and will try to drink from my cup instead if I don't. She cries demandingly from the window if she hears me talking outside and, given the chance, will try to escape to get to me. She complains loudly in the background when I talk on the phone because she can't see who I'm talking to but it's not her and that's unacceptable. If I'm talking to someone in person, she will do her damnedest to distract me from them by attracting my attention and slowly making her way behind me in what's become apparent is an attempt to force me to turn around and ignore them. If this tactic doesn't work, she demands their attention instead and then stares accusingly at me as they pet her. If she was a person, she'd be like a caricature of a terrifyingly possessive girlfriend. Mercifully, she is not, so it's just cute.

She talks constantly. I've never met such a talkative cat.

She sleeps on my feet, and when I wake up in the morning, she crawls up to lie beside my pillow.

Edit: Crap, the first two blow up to pretty big sizes.

(She frequently takes my hand hostage.) She also does this whenever I happen to be in bed for any reason. She seems to enjoy my hangovers the most.

At the moment, she is hanging out by the vent under my bed, enjoying the heat and chirping at me whenever I make a sound.

(Are we allowed to post gifs? I have a gif of her happily kneading my comforter, but I haven't seen anybody else post a gif and couldn't find anything about it in the rules, so I thought I'd ask instead of making assumptions.)

Finger Wagon fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 15, 2014

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

My sister just called to inform me that his kitten farts smell TERRIBLE. :3:

Yep, had this problem too. This goes away reasonably quickly as they get used to the food.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Cross posting this from my thread and the YOSPOS thread cuz they're just too much sometimes....

Bingley and Eben cutting off the blood to my feet but in the cutest way possible

Rusty!
Aug 25, 2005

Play Up Pompey
Pompey Play Up
This is my stray

Been providing for him for a few years, he keeps other toms away who are not so accepting of the local pets.

Also he is proper cute (if a little rough around the edges) and deserves a decent life.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Finger Wagon posted:

(Are we allowed to post gifs? I have a gif of her happily kneading my comforter, but I haven't seen anybody else post a gif and couldn't find anything about it in the rules, so I thought I'd ask instead of making assumptions.)

You're not allowed to NOT post a gif after you something like that. It sounds ridiculously adorable. Velcro cat best cat :3

Finger Wagon
Nov 25, 2009

Drake_263 posted:

You're not allowed to NOT post a gif after you something like that. It sounds ridiculously adorable. Velcro cat best cat :3

Hahaha, okay, as long as it's not against any rules!

But yeah, this is the gif I'm referring to:

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
I was at Petsmart today and went to the cat area and when I was looking at the cats in the cages this guy came up to the bar and stretched his paw through it and spread his fingers (toes?) out :3: Then he came up to the bars and laid down and let made me pet and scratch his head.

Name is Alvin and he's 2 years old. Been up for adoption since 7/24 i believe the card said.

I think I will have to get him, will call them tomorrow to find out about the process and see what they recommend with introducing it to a house with a dog that will also be new to it (i.e. let the dog settle in first before adopting?)

I want a cat!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

He looks like a good cat. :3: I ended up getting my black kitty earlier this year when I was just looking because he was just unbelievably friendly, the pet store employee opened up his cage to show me and he was just all headbutts and love. (And he still is, almost annoyingly so at times.)

Wonder if you'll have hard time adopting him - I don't know how true is, but I hear some places are a bit weary about adopting out black cats this time of year because some people are total scumbags and do bad things to them. I hate that black cats have bad superstition attached to them. They look so fantastic, how can you not love them?

Finger Wagon
Nov 25, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

Wonder if you'll have hard time adopting him - I don't know how true is, but I hear some places are a bit weary about adopting out black cats this time of year because some people are total scumbags and do bad things to them. I hate that black cats have bad superstition attached to them. They look so fantastic, how can you not love them?

Yeah, there was a litter of stray black kittens a few blocks away from me a year ago or so and while it's a low traffic street, now I only see one very wary black cat on it- I really hope it's that the rest were picked up by shelters or adopted instead of the other option. It didn't even occur to me until recently- I just can't get my head around being intentionally cruel to animals, especially for reasons that have no actual bearing on anything the cat itself has done. Very upsetting.

I've never actually met a black cat that wasn't sweet as hell. Even my brother's cat, who is bizarrely and unnecessarily paranoid, has settled down, decided I'm not going to eat her, and now makes my life difficult by sitting on my computer mouse and tenaciously demandingly love whenever I'm at his house. Even the shy black kitties I've met seem to be big babies. I just don't understand how anyone could stand to hurt them. (I couldn't stand to hurt any cat, but I can sort of almost comprehend the 'if it bites, I bite back' logic people apply to unfriendly animals if I squint- but that just doesn't seem to apply here. It's just baseless superstitious cruelty.)

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Oh dear, Mr. Henry has suddenly rediscovered his amorous side. He's at my parents' place while I sort out some moving stuff, and made lovely friends with my mom's cat, playing with her and smacking each other, the usual. But she makes a trilling sort of noise whenever she carries her favourite toy around, and this noise triggers something in Henry's brain that says "mount!"

Needless to say much smacking ensues between them.

bettsta
Jul 21, 2008
Our lovely bastard Hudson and his tortie sister Hazel have claimed our rug as their new favorite toy. Here he is trying to convince me that it was all her idea.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

bettsta posted:

Our lovely bastard Hudson and his tortie sister Hazel have claimed our rug as their new favorite toy. Here he is trying to convince me that it was all her idea.

Well, she's a tortie so of course it was her idea.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Since tuxedo cats seem to be okay, here's Pickle:

She's a lazy little pig of a cat who will eat anything and everything, but she is the sweetest kitty I've ever had. The first night I had her, at 9 weeks old, she hopped into bed with me and fell asleep on my chest. She would frequently crawl under the covers with me, too.

Now she prefers to curl up in the hollow behind my knees (normally I sleep on my side).

Bonus tiny babby picture:

e: she also has the most adorably pathetic squeak of a meow.

Rusty!
Aug 25, 2005

Play Up Pompey
Pompey Play Up

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Now she prefers to curl up in the hollow behind my knees (normally I sleep on my side).

That's how my cat likes to sleep. It ponds you in place for hours!

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER

http://youtu.be/HwUcu8eo7u0

This Little Odessa, me and my boyfriend's three-year-old domestic shorthair. She's extremely shy around everyone but us, and around us she's the most docile creature on the planet. We think this is because she was born in our apartment and we handled her a lot, because she was a very sleepy kitten and we were always a little scared for her, since three of her siblings died before they were two days old. Luckily, she's perfectly healthy, and enjoys chewing any plastic bag that she can get her paws on, having long conversations, and licking. She likes to groom us, as evidenced in the video.

E: I did not realize the way that her eyes reflected in that photo.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Newton is such an adorable fuzzbutt, but my pictures don't do him justice. I wish my iPhone camera didn't suck so much, and I wish I didn't suck so much with cameras.

Danith
May 20, 2006
Can I put pictures of my not-quite black cat in here? I just got a nice looking grey cat with black stripes named Tigger. He has a cold though so has just been sleeping almost 24/7. When he feels better I plan on tonging him

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Danith posted:

Can I put pictures of my not-quite black cat in here? I just got a nice looking grey cat with black stripes named Tigger. He has a cold though so has just been sleeping almost 24/7. When he feels better I plan on tonging him

No, you will be banned if your cat is not black enough, or the incorrect shade of black.

(But seriously, this is a thread about not being cat racist, so go ahead)

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
my cat after using the litter box

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Better on their face than on the furniture

Bettie (aka Boo-Boo) and the big hunk that is Maddox (aka Bubba-maow, Maddy-maow, Mister Meowgi) in a rare moment where one isn't smacking the other around for being in their personal space

Bonus pic of my pwetty pwincess Sofie (aka Princess Floofie, Sofoofins, Fifi La Roux)

All three pretty much run our lives without paying any rent, the little shits...

Yaay for :toxogond:!

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
My first cat was an all black cat. She was the best. She also thought she was a person, or a least slept like one.

sants
May 17, 2003

free beavis

same cat. dude loves the smell of sweat. real creep

Danith
May 20, 2006
Heres my buddy Tigger who's finally feeling a bit better.

He likes to sit at closed doors and wait for people to come out and then just meow non-stop. He ignores the incline scratcher I got him and tore up a bunch of carpet yesterday :(

He also likes to do a purr-meow thing and talk.

Danith
May 20, 2006
He doesn't like people being in the bathroom long and gives them a talking to when they get out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij0ANJpRknM

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Danith posted:

He doesn't like people being in the bathroom long and gives them a talking to when they get out

Um, obviously the best time to catch lazy humans for pettings. Who's ever in a hurry after taking a poo poo? The cat certainly isn't.

mundane haircut
May 3, 2007

"I am a couch. I am a couch. I am a couch."
Ultra Carp

Danith posted:

My cat Mustard also hates when his people go to the bathroom. He waits outside the door, but then prances away when someone comes out. What did you expect to happen?

Here are some pictures of the stupid, easily surprised furball.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Danith posted:

That's very polite. My cat simply opens the door and then tries to make conversation while you're there. If you start closing the door and actually locking it, you gotta prepare for a cat pre-emptively zooming into the bathroom before you're even there yourself.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I just hear a squeak and see a little black and white paw flailing around under the door.

Here's Pickle wondering why we're laughing at her:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

Hal has decided there's been enough printing and/or scanning.

E:\/ Cats love the weirdest places. Hal loves to plop his floofy rear end down on the top exhaust vent of my PC case.

I know this is going back a ways but please show us more pics of Hal :)