Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

zakharov posted:

When did SJW morph from being something to use to make fun of insane Tumblrs to describing anyone who makes an effort to be a decent human being? It's happened on these boards for sure.

Because within seconds of the term being coined, it became a slur, and we all know how well people maintain proper use of slurs! SJW, feminazi, PC, it's all interchangeable and meaningless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hypnotoad
Dec 16, 2007

But shakin' its all I know!

LaughMyselfTo posted:

This is a valuable object lesson in why you shouldn't name your son Blayden (I'm assuming it's short for Blayden).

A local farmers market has a stand run by a super New Age family, and their son's name is Slayden. Wish he was as metal as he sounds. :black101:

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
All of the -ayden names are the worst. When did they start coming around?

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Segmentation Fault posted:

I'm not going to trot out anybody. I'm going to say that #notyourshield has proven that people behind #gamergate are as diverse as the colors in skittles. I've seen white people, black people, hispanic people, slavic people, asian people, indian people, males, females, non-binary gender people, straight people, gay people, bisexual people... Meanwhile the gaming journalism sphere is comprised of 85% white males.

Stating that somebody is a "token minority" or an "uncle tom" for disagreeing with you is erasing their agency. These people are perfectly capable of thinking on their own. Stating that "they're just ~*~internalizing bigotry~*~" for not falling in line with what the Social Justice Krew states is correct thought is stating that they're incapable of forming their own thoughts or defending themselves, damsels in distress (whoa see what I did there?) that need rescuing by saviors, usually weird suburban white kids. Whoa talk about a white savior complex.

I'd just like to bring this up again in light of recent events, because holy lol

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

My university's confession page is a treasure trove of nice-guy bullshit.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Violet_Sky posted:

"28 People Like this."

gently caress your university, drat.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Who on earth are the last two girls

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
Looks like they're in Bollywood movies.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Small Frozen Thing posted:

I'd just like to bring this up again in light of recent events, because holy lol

Or you could, you know, not.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Violet_Sky posted:

Funny how nice guys are always telling women what to do and how to behave. Only one standard will be allowed, any deviation and you're clearly just a stupid female. Also 20 year olds should dress like 40 somethings I guess.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Anyone old enough to attend university is a woman, not a girl. They should be more mature, but you can't loving refer to them as adults?

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Wizard of Smart posted:

Or you could, you know, not.

Too late

Also, that's not even nice-guy bullshit. It's straight-up "more women should be like my sexual fantasy." He isn't even trying to couch it in terms to make him look better.

I Killed GBS has a new favorite as of 04:37 on Sep 21, 2014

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

kazil posted:

Anyone old enough to attend university is a woman, not a girl. They should be more mature, but you can't loving refer to them as adults?

I'm petty enough to say that when I'm talking to actual people too. "No, I like women. Girls are what parents and pedophiles care about."

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

It always bugs me when someone types out "a women".

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

a womyn

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wizard of Smart posted:

It always bugs me when someone types out "a women".

'A women of females'

Boob Dylan
Jan 3, 2013
I'm reviving an old discussion by posting this, I think, but my mom shared this on Facebook the other day:

I can MAYBE understand drinking raw milk if you, say, have a cow and can drink it fresh, but she actually wants it sold in stores. Unpasteurized milk, on the shelves for who knows how long. Naturally she thinks the stigma about it is totally fabricated to KEEP HARDWORKING FARMERS AND ORGANIC FOOD DOWN GET OUT OF OUR KITCHENS GUBMINT :bahgawd:

As you'd expect, she's also vehemently anti-GMOs and basically against anything that isn't locally grown/made and "natural". You should hear the (mildly racist or at least xenophobic) rants she'll go on if she sees "made in China" stamped anywhere. Oh, Mom. You never used to be this way :(

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
lol no one thinks any of those first things are good for you, we just indulge in them because that's how people do.

And yeah, unpasteurized milk sold in stores is a poo poo idea. As for tomatoes grown in compost... I mean, as long as they aren't rotten no one cares. What a weird sentiment.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Boob Dylan posted:

As you'd expect, she's also vehemently anti-GMOs and basically against anything that isn't locally grown/made and "natural". You should hear the (mildly racist or at least xenophobic) rants she'll go on if she sees "made in China" stamped anywhere. Oh, Mom. You never used to be this way :(

Does your mother watch Fox news by any chance? Mine does and its gotten to be very :smith:.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I dealt with Salatin before at an old job. He's a complete idiot with 0 self awareness about how the only reason people can do the things he advocates is that they are all middle class people supported by a industrialized nation and economy. He honestly believes that everyone with a back yard should own farm animals and that we should use a barter economy based around home grown food. Despite the fact that urban ownership of chickens is basically the new hot hobby for liberal middle class people.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

And yeah, unpasteurized milk sold in stores is a poo poo idea.

Yeah there was some Finnish dairy that tried to sell some raw milk in stores. Then people didn't want to read/understand the directions that the milk should be heated before using and a bunch of people got really sick. The milk was then removed from stores and the people who didn't get sick posted some "WELL PEOPLE NOWADAYS CAN'T HANDLE PROPER MILK! HURFDURFBLOO!"-stuff on the dairy's Facebook page.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Wombyn, for goddesses sake get it right.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I dealt with Salatin before at an old job. He's a complete idiot with 0 self awareness about how the only reason people can do the things he advocates is that they are all middle class people supported by a industrialized nation and economy. He honestly believes that everyone with a back yard should own farm animals and that we should use a barter economy based around home grown food. Despite the fact that urban ownership of chickens is basically the new hot hobby for liberal middle class people.

So he thinks we should live like communists?

Boob Dylan
Jan 3, 2013

Tracula posted:

Does your mother watch Fox news by any chance? Mine does and its gotten to be very :smith:.

Not to my knowledge, but she does go on a lot of message boards and Facebook pages about backyard farming and conservatism, and she tends to absorb opinions like a sponge. Plus she's married to my stepdad, who is a teeeeeny bit crazy and racist himself. Lots of anti-science, anti-political correctness sentiments going on there. It's astonishing.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

This does not surprise me for a hot second. Sad thing is, that's basically the kind of thing my mom believes too. Right down to owning backyard chickens and trying to make a business selling them :smith: It wouldn't be so bad, but yeah, she insists that EVERYONE should do it and it's the only way to ~truly live~.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

lol no one thinks any of those first things are good for you, we just indulge in them because that's how people do.

And yeah, unpasteurized milk sold in stores is a poo poo idea. As for tomatoes grown in compost... I mean, as long as they aren't rotten no one cares. What a weird sentiment.

Compost-grown was the root cause of the e-coli tomatoes scare a year or two ago, despite it being the natural way home-grown tomatoes have always been grown, so most commercial growers don't use compost anymore.

That's what the sentiment is about.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

Trip Daddy X posted:

Hey guys, what's the update on this kickin rad festival?

Heh. I'd forgotten all about that. A quick Google search doesn't turn up anything about it more recent than July, so the posters were probably just a one-off prank.

Needs more money face.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

Needs more money face.

It's even got a nice little circle to insert the money face in.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Violet_Sky posted:

Poor Selena Gomez and Katrina Kaif, getting up the courage to ask this anonymous opinionated guy on a date, and after all that, he runs off with Angelina Jolie instead. :(

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
So the far-right group Britain First uploaded this pic on their Facebook page:

Except the woman in the picture is the late Malalai Kakar, Afghanistan's first female police officer, who was murdered by the Taliban for being a female rights activist.

Naturally, the photographer is appalled that Britain First are using the image in this way: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...gn-9745959.html

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

You read it here, folks. No wearing make up unless you can break down all of its chemical components and reactions.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Bored posted:

You read it here, folks. No wearing make up unless you can break down all of its chemical components and reactions.

Kim Kardashian, Beyonce, JLo, Nikki Minaj.

Three women.

constantIllusion
Feb 16, 2010

I like how he says that the sexiest women are knowledgeable while making many spelling and grammatical errors. Also, I think it's cute how he thinks that being smart and knowing how to do your own hair and makeup and dress properly are polar opposites. :allears:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

If you want to defend your position plz don't even post (because I might get offended). And if I offended you plz just deal with it.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
She, not a he.

Funosaurus
May 28, 2009

The 1 comment is me asking why would the Illuminati say this. She deleted that post shortly after.

Edit: I'm sorry, I have no idea why this is huge.

El Anansi
Jan 27, 2008

Black is a distant relative who posts harmless nonsense on the regular and apparently has an offensive grasp of breakfast drank. This exchange struck me as weirder than normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

kazil posted:

If you want to defend your position plz don't even post (because I might get offended). And if I offended you plz just deal with it.

"negative comments ARE NOT ALLOWED- i will delete them!!!!1!!!"

• Locked thread