Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

HGH posted:

Wait, Swery made another game? That sounds... great? I don't even know what to expect but I bet it'll be something.

It's a Kinect game. Made by Swery. It'll be a perfect storm of hilarious jank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHvbOIrYrQQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Silentman0 posted:

It's a Kinect game.

So it probably controls better than Deadly Premonition.

:rimshot:

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Silentman0 posted:

It's a Kinect game. Made by Swery. It'll be a perfect storm of hilarious jank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHvbOIrYrQQ

It can be fully played via regular controller too.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Anyone else not able to watch videos on the Zaibatsu site? It's telling me to either update flash (just did) or use Chrome (I am). Youtube works fine. Same thing's happening on Team Four Star's site. Wonder if it's a blip thing.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TheRealestMatt posted:

Yeah but that's not the true experience

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

TheRealestMatt posted:

Currently downloading D4 (Dark Dream Don't Die) Swery65's follow up to Deadly Premonition!

YOU GUYS

I CANT

Keep an eye out for Kaysen! He was in Swery's first game before DP, so he might be in this one too. Either that or old man York.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Rhonne posted:

Keep an eye out for Kaysen! He was in Swery's first game before DP, so he might be in this one too. Either that or old man York.

(Immediate D4 spoilers, not very far into the game mind you.)

Kaysen is in it as per Swery tradition. It's, uh, pretty hard to miss him.

He is, again, a totally different and unrelated character.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Sep 19, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Well at least he looks different this time. The Spy Fiction Kaysen model was basically upgraded to next gen.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

CJacobs posted:

(Immediate D4 spoilers.)

Kaysen is in it as per Swery tradition. It's, uh, pretty hard to miss him.

He is, again, a totally different and unrelated character.

I don't care if he's a "different character", I don't trust that fucker. Kill him if you get the chance Matt!

Also the trailer for D4 looks great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHvbOIrYrQQ

No idea what's happening, but I want to see more.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

TheRealestMatt posted:

Y'all don't happen to have a green screen set up to overlap real life video over gameplay? I want to see the kinect used to is full potential.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
This walking dead playthrough is hilarious, that preggo lady is gonna get it if they get the choice.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Matt please never ever stop making "DROP YOUR SHIELD" jokes. Just pile that poo poo on. Please.

edit: THEY DIDN'T HUG KENNY?! YOU GUYS ARE THE WORST :mad:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 19, 2014

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Y'know it's gonna be a real shame when Pat is the first and possibly only casualty of the new apocalypse when he makes such choices like TELLING THE STRANGE MAN YOU ARE A LITTLE GIRL ALONE IN A (RAPE)HOUSE and GRABBING AT A GUYS GUN FOR NO REASON. It does make for the best playthrough though.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Commissar Ken posted:

Y'know it's gonna be a real shame when Pat is the first and possibly only casualty of the new apocalypse when he makes such choices like TELLING THE STRANGE MAN YOU ARE A LITTLE GIRL ALONE IN A (RAPE)HOUSE and GRABBING AT A GUYS GUN FOR NO REASON. It does make for the best playthrough though.

Justy might as well hang a sign with a dick going into an orange!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I also love that Matt and Pat are questioning if their choices would've had different outcomes if they'd done things in a not-stupid way. The answer for one of those choices has actually, surprisingly, been yes! But mostly it's just the same old Telltale's The Walking Dead: Your choices have immediate consequences that in the long run don't make any difference.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Hey Matt what are you guys doing for tree house of horror month?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

PRAISE THE NIDHOGG! PRAISE HIM MOTHERFUCKER!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Grab your dicks ladies and gentlemen

FatSamurai
Jul 7, 2004

Seethe, ye rolling clouds, gather thy stormborn might, and SMITE MINE ENEMY WITH THY UNFETTERED FURY!!!
I didn't know poo poo about Nidhogg before, that whole playthrough was a knockout.

And Swery made a new game! It LOOKS really great, not a hilarious janky mess like DP was. If you guys are gonna play that I'm looking forward to it.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

FatSamurai posted:

I didn't know poo poo about Nidhogg before, that whole playthrough was a knockout.

Same here. Too bad it doesn't have an XBone version in development because it looks fun. And I finally know what the "GET THE DICK!" chant was referring to.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Charles Martel posted:

Same here. Too bad it doesn't have an XBone version in development because it looks fun. And I finally know what the "GET THE DICK!" chant was referring to.

Buy it on the computer you just used to post this.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Rodyle posted:

Buy it on the computer you just used to post this.

I don't think my manager at work would care too much for that. :v:

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

FatSamurai posted:

I already knew it best from Giant Bomb and knew it was going to be awesome because the reaction is universal. Shame they didn't try out boomerang swords or perma-frog.

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Sep 20, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
God drat, Matt and Pat are bloodthirsty in Walking Dead Season 2 so far. I'm pretty sure they have taken absolutely every opportunity they've been given to try and get Nick killed. New Clem is scary.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They have taken every opportunity and failed horribly.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hahaha, you got the character actually liked killed, good job.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"People might say I'm petty...AND THEY'RE RIGHT!" I'm glad Pat at least 100% acknowledges how insane he is.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a Kenny.

Because seriously, they've somehow both morphed into season 1 Kenny here. I'm looking up the alternatives to what they did and boy are they getting people killed.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

HGH posted:

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a Kenny.

Because seriously, they've somehow both morphed into season 1 Kenny here. I'm looking up the alternatives to what they did and boy are they getting people killed.

They're getting people killed SUPER HARD! This is why Matt should be behind the wheel :smith:

edit: The guys were actually right about the way they saved Nick in the latest episode. If you say Nick's "just like everyone else" before he shows up during the confrontation with Walt, or the confrontation happens at a different spot and you lump him in with the rest there, Walt will lower his gun instead of shooting the zombie off of him and let him die.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Sep 20, 2014

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

Hahaha, you got the character actually liked killed, good job.

There was no way that guy was getting out. That's how these stories work. Anyone they're pushing as a likable character is doomed.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mild spoilers for Episode 3
Alvin can actually survive that area if you stop Kenny from shooting. I mean he still ends up getting put out for the next chapter because of lol Telltalle, but you can stop him from being killed there. You can also get Nick killed too by Walter.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Apparently Plague finally hunted down Woolie in DS2. Now I can't help but be excited for the next episodes.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

HGH posted:

Apparently Plague finally hunted down Woolie in DS2. Now I can't help but be excited for the next episodes.

Oh my god I hope it's during the Crpyt!

Also Woolie, forget Pat, eat those Boss Souls if you're not gonna do anything with them. That's so many levels and stones to buy right there!

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Sep 21, 2014

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
Oh my loving god, that scene where Carver gets shot. Dude gets knocked down by a rifle bullet, then just gets back up and carries on like nothing's wrong at all. Did this prick find God's keyboard and type in IDDQD or what?

Having never been exposed to Telltale's games before, for a while now I've been leaning towards the opinion that their writing is trash, but this is the last straw. If you're too drat lazy to write alternative paths, then only give the player choices that are part of the path you're forcing the story down; don't pretend to allow other avenues only to bitchslap the player with the most blatant of deus ex machina.

Don't take this the wrong way though, I'm really enjoying this good LP of a bad game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
As a neutral person on the writing, starting with WD Season 2 as your first exposure is a really bad idea. That's like starting on Final Fantasy 13 as your first taste of the franchise.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's not a bad idea, because then you don't walk into the thread being a giant bitch.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

That's not a bad idea, because then you don't walk into the thread being a giant bitch.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cathair posted:

Having never been exposed to Telltale's games before, for a while now I've been leaning towards the opinion that their writing is trash, but this is the last straw.

Oh my god you sound like a complete tool. Stop posting.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Cathair posted:

Having never been exposed to Telltale's games before, for a while now I've been leaning towards the opinion that their writing is trash, but this is the last straw.

"I've never seen anything about this ever before this moment but I was PRETTY MUCH convinced it was garbage"

Get out of here Liam lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Tae posted:

As a neutral person on the writing, starting with WD Season 2 as your first exposure is a really bad idea. That's like starting on Final Fantasy 13 as your first taste of the franchise.

Someone starting with FF13 wouldn't get a terribly skewed view of the Final Fantasy franchise though, because FF13 is just a particularly strong example of the woes of almost every FF game. From what I've heard people saying in other threads, it seems like the same is true of Telltale: WD Season 2 seems to be a low point but they're generally known for this sort of thing.

It sounds like you're just saying that if I had gotten into better Telltale games beforehand, then I would've been more likely to dismiss the shittiness of this one out of emotional attachment, which is probably true but is just a way of refusing to address criticism.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Oh my god you sound like a complete tool. Stop posting.

I'm confused, are you saying this because I seem to be getting a bit too serious about video games in a Super Best Friends thread, or is it because I insulted a thing you enjoy and you just don't wanna admit how loving stupid it is?

Because if it's the former, I'll cede the point, but in the latter case I will never stop laughing at you and your bad opinions.