Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I guess this warp business is what the ending theme was foreshadowing all this time, then. Neat stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This episode had a really good punchline. I can't believe this show is almost over.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

mabels big day posted:

This episode had a really good punchline. I can't believe this show is almost over.

It had a punchline? That episode was one small reveal and one cliffhanger with a whole lot of loving nothing wrapped around it. Worst episode in the series.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I lost it at the REDRUM tweet.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
It looks like this episode was mostly a setup for the next, final episode. Still, I really liked the design of the courtroom. Very stark.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

It had a punchline? That episode was one small reveal and one cliffhanger with a whole lot of loving nothing wrapped around it. Worst episode in the series.

The punchline was Dandy was sleeping the whole trial. I liked this episode.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

mabels big day posted:

The punchline was Dandy was sleeping the whole trial. I liked this episode.

Pretty weak punchline.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That episode was badly handled in just about every way that wasn't REDRUM

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It was a great and ridiculous court episode in space where you can see how much money they're saving with every shot

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Honestly this episode sucked.

Dandy is best when in a situation where things are out of his control and he actively responds to them.

I sure as poo poo hope this anime doesn't go the crap rear end way of Cowboy Bebop, where there is so much that untold that you should care about the characters. Just give me a bitter sweet ending like LoGH.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I have to say, the voice acting of Sinterklaas really shone with the defending attorney.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I just noticed this! On episode 10, you see this guy.

And the design reminded me of Jessy's Bartender from Seizō Watase's Heart Cocktail. Given that Heart Cocktail was a sort of popular romantic tragic comic, it didn't click on me the influence even if these pop up redrawn right on the start. It took me a while to realize this, but seeing that bartender definitely clicked.

Serendipitous! Also sort of explains a previous poster's confusion with the photo credits and music choice. I do recall something like this playing (give it 30 seconds) playing during the training montage on the Glee Episode, and the performer of this song did soundtrack the animated version of Heart Cocktail.

Kunster fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Sep 21, 2014

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I'm not going to claim to be an expert on the Japanese legal system, but to me the biggest joke was the jury having access to social media during deliberations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Paracelsus posted:

I'm not going to claim to be an expert on the Japanese legal system, but to me the biggest joke was the jury having access to social media during deliberations.

You don't need to be, because Japan doesn't use juries most of the time. They did back at the beginning of the last century or so, and they tried to bring them back about 2009, but from what I hear, it did not end super well.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Waffleman_ posted:

You don't need to be, because Japan doesn't use juries most of the time. They did back at the beginning of the last century or so, and they tried to bring them back about 2009, but from what I hear, it did not end super well.
I'd vaguely heard they were trying to introduce juries, but didn't really follow that too closely.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm gonna be honest, I only know so much about the Japanese legal system because I'm an Ace Attorney fan. The introduction of jury trials was a major plot point in the fourth game, and then in the fifth one, it was swept under the rug because everyone just wanted to forget all that. But a lot of things from the fourth game were swept under the rug because it wasn't super popular.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Kunster posted:

I just noticed this! On episode 10, you see this guy.

And the design reminded me of Jessy's Bartender from Seizō Watase's Heart Cocktail. Given that Heart Cocktail was a sort of popular romantic tragic comic, it didn't click on me the influence even if these pop up redrawn right on the start. It took me a while to realize this, but seeing that bartender definitely clicked.

Serendipitous! Also sort of explains a previous poster's confusion with the photo credits and music choice. I do recall something like this playing (give it 30 seconds) playing during the training montage on the Glee Episode, and the performer of this song did soundtrack the animated version of Heart Cocktail.

e: Looking into it more. I think you're right and that's hella cool. (Though for the high school episode it's actually hella reaching)

Uznare fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 21, 2014

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Yeah I'm probably reaching with that given that type of music is almost a style that's kicking nowadays!

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
After this saturday there will be no more episodes of space dandy

Im not ready to live in such a world

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

I'm already starting my own space program.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Mr. Fowl posted:

I'm already starting my own space program.

That's great, but Space Fowl doesn't have the same ring to it.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I wish the series was popular enough to get another season. I don't care if the season is just one-shots with no connection to the ending, I just want more great animation and funny, weird concepts that I'm not seeing done outside of Rick and Morty.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

One of the Japanese TV stations is jumping the gun and airing the finale in about, uh, 14 hours.

So I guess there will be spoilers floating around for those waiting for the dub.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I feel really bad that this series is ending, at least it gave us probably one of the strongest seasons of anime in a very long time.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Honestly this episode sucked.

Dandy is best when in a situation where things are out of his control and he actively responds to them.

I sure as poo poo hope this anime doesn't go the crap rear end way of Cowboy Bebop, where there is so much that untold that you should care about the characters. Just give me a bitter sweet ending like LoGH.

I've never posted in this dumb forum before but how loving stupid you are compelled me to. Also your mod is poo poo.

Based Dandy always now and forever.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Everything I love is leaving me

Groen
Oct 7, 2008
Getting a strong metroid vibe from the ending. Anyone know if it's an original for the show ?

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Yeah that was kinda a poor episode of dandy but i'm willing to forgive it if it means that the last episode is absolutely crazy.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Acquire Currency! posted:

I've never posted in this dumb forum before but how loving stupid you are compelled me to. Also your mod is poo poo.

Based Dandy always now and forever.

Uhh okay,

Also what mod? I don't really program outside of bash scripting.

Either way hope this is a good ending, I'd rather have it end on a short note then play out way too long.

Dilbert As FUCK fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Sep 25, 2014

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I have no idea why, but Space Dandy really kind of reminds me of like, a grounded FLCL. That could also be because I just think Space Dandy is another good show that should never end, but either way it looks like I'll have to find a new 'me to watch soon, what a shame.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Buschmaki posted:

I have no idea why, but Space Dandy really kind of reminds me of like, a grounded FLCL. That could also be because I just think Space Dandy is another good show that should never end, but either way it looks like I'll have to find a new 'me to watch soon, what a shame.

watch jojo

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Condiv posted:

watch jojo

This is absolutely true. It's currently off-air until January, but you're going to want to be caught up. It's going to be huge.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

This is absolutely true. It's currently off-air until January, but you're going to want to be caught up. It's going to be huge.

I don't get jojo. I loved it and then they added spirit pokemon and I just don't get it anymore. Everyone else in the world loves it but I just don't get it. Stands are weird. Harumf.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Krinkle posted:

I don't get jojo. I loved it and then they added spirit pokemon and I just don't get it anymore. Everyone else in the world loves it but I just don't get it. Stands are weird. Harumf.

They actually aren't even that great in Part 3, compared to the rest of the series, but the best ones are definitely in the second half. The last few fights are also really good.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Hope tomorrow doesn't go into the The last episode loops into the first trope.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I hope it does.

And the last episode loops into the first episode

of cowboy bebop

aers
Feb 15, 2012

The last episode has so many well-animated cuts we're too lazy to upload them to a site for animation appreciation, if that tells you anything (it aired a few days ago in Japan).

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Babe Magnet posted:

I hope it does.

And the last episode loops into the first episode

of cowboy bebop

"You see how Jet's a cat?"

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Welp great episode and great series! I loved it all the way to the looping into episode 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
OH MY GOD

• Locked thread