Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
When I last checked in it seemed that Brock was walking away with it. Cool mode, I'll be happy if I crack the top 50k in points.

Also, I think they had something like 3 million downloads, so it's a bit of a hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
Deleted Supercard this morning. I can only support one card game habit. Back to Hearthstone!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Here's a Q so maybe you can A it.

I'm currently almost done with Super Rare + tier. Do you stop getting Common cards at some point or do they always get thrown at you for some stupid reason?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Here's a Q so maybe you can A it.

I'm currently almost done with Super Rare + tier. Do you stop getting Common cards at some point or do they always get thrown at you for some stupid reason?

I just got to Epic and still pull commons. I wish they'd reset things at SRs and not just Rare cards but still. At that point you're just collecting them to either use for training your better cards or to have a unique avatar (Pro common Dusty Rhodes or Jake the Snake? Sure, why not).

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Commons are cheap, easy fodder to feed to the bigger cards. I don't have a problem getting them. It makes the rares feel more...rare.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I know it's easy to just keep feeding them to your better cards, but as you move up, they barely make a dent.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
The top 4 players have over 6000 points each already. I probably won't even crack 1000 by the time is is over.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Here's my current lineup:

Pro-R The Rock, Lv20
SR Rey Mysterio, Lv20
SR John Cena, Lv20 (Ladder Reward version)
Pro-R Rey Mysterio, Lv20
Pro-R Paige, Lv20

I'm ranked around 45k right now. I can stomp +1's with little to no effort at this point, and have a pretty decent winrate against +3's. My question is whether it makes sense for me to try and shoot for 25k for a UR, or just treat watter in the 25k-70k division and pick up 2 SR Brocks? Hell, does it make sense at all to put a Brock in this very, very blue deck? One of the things I like so much about it is that The Rock is left-aligned and everyone else is right, so if I keep him in reserve I can always generate a 10% tag bonus.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Go to bed: rank in the 1,300s.
Wake up: rank in the 4,400s.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I accidentedy fed one of my SR Paiges to another card! :gonk:

Edit: This is the thrid time this has happened to me. Maybe the UI needs to be redesigned.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Sep 20, 2014

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I have four SR Fandangos. These constitute 2/3 of the non-ladder SR cards I own. The game is telling me something and I don't like it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BigRed0427 posted:

Edit: This is the thrid time this has happened to me. Maybe the UI needs to be redesigned.

I'm not really sure what you want them to do other than put up a big ol confirmation screen saying "HEY YOU'RE FEEDING A RARE OR BETTER ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THIS?"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm not really sure what you want them to do other than put up a big ol confirmation screen saying "HEY YOU'RE FEEDING A RARE OR BETTER ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THIS?"

Doesn't the game do exactly this already? I always get a prompt when feeding and/or combining any card higher than Uncommon.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yes.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
It also allows you to sort by rarity. Like, hit the train button, show only Commons, train, repeat with Uncommons.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

My solution when I want to feed a rare is to feed off all my un/commons first and then feed one rare at a time. Just to be sure.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Doesn't the game do exactly this already? I always get a prompt when feeding and/or combining any card higher than Uncommon.

:thejoke:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Don't you start with me, Mr. Bird.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

smashpro1 posted:

It also allows you to sort by rarity. Like, hit the train button, show only Commons, train, repeat with Uncommons.

I know. It does. My fingers slip and move faster than my brain.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Lost in the semis of another Epic KOTR :(

Really a bummer, an epic pair is an upgrade for me, a lone epic is worthless. Bah.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

cams posted:

Lost in the semis of another Epic KOTR :(

Really a bummer, an epic pair is an upgrade for me, a lone epic is worthless. Bah.

I've been there, you just have to keep at it and be awake for your top 8's. Managed to get lucky and find a KotR without too many ringers and made the finals once, and then in another my top 8 and out rare ended up being a 2nd Epic Bray Wyatt that I'd had from a previous tourney.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Blasmeister posted:

I've been there, you just have to keep at it and be awake for your top 8's. Managed to get lucky and find a KotR without too many ringers and made the finals once, and then in another my top 8 and out rare ended up being a 2nd Epic Bray Wyatt that I'd had from a previous tourney.
Yeah, had full energy and max boosts for each game, we ended up going 2-1 in all 3 games, him taking the latter two matches. My weak spot at the moment is that I'm just using an epic diva, which means I'm gonna lose to any UR Pro.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I hope that leaderboard spots become less fluid when it gets closer to the end. I don't want to go to sleep when there's a few hours left worrying about whether or not I'll get the pair of Epic Brocks.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

smashpro1 posted:

I hope that leaderboard spots become less fluid when it gets closer to the end. I don't want to go to sleep when there's a few hours left worrying about whether or not I'll get the pair of Epic Brocks.

If it's anything like the last pointlessly grindy bullshit I tried (the Marvel game) it gets more intense at the last minute rather than less. That one had a time limit to how much you could do in a certain amount of time though and I guess there's no p2w component for this thing so maybe that won't happen.

I doubt it though. If these people have time to grind out 1,000+ games in a day on the first day, I'm pretty sure they're going to grind out the same amount or more on the last.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jonny Angel posted:

I have four SR Fandangos. These constitute 2/3 of the non-ladder SR cards I own. The game is telling me something and I don't like it.

It's saying that Fandango is cool and good. That's a sentiment I agree with.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Telex posted:

I guess there's no p2w component for this thing so maybe that won't happen.

$0.10 per match for double points can rack up when it's less than a minute per match.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Sono posted:

$0.10 per match for double points can rack up when it's less than a minute per match.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that.

Yeah you're probably boned if you don't do that, at least to some extent. It'll be fun to see how far you drop if you don't grind like crazy the last couple hrs and/or not boost the points.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Got to Epic tier. Feels good man.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Supercard just randomly crashed mid match on me and now it crashes upon launch.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I just played a guy in Supercard who sent out Pro UR Big Show, Pro SR Big Show, and Pro R Big Show.

It's dedication to craft like that that I really appreciate.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Swagger Dagger posted:

I just played a guy in Supercard who sent out Pro UR Big Show, Pro SR Big Show, and Pro R Big Show.

I assume he also used Pro Big Show's father, right?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
My goal in life is to get eight common Mark Henry cards, pro them at max level, and use them as the World's Strongest Squad to sweep the rankings.

If only they'd add a Mae Young diva card.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Bhester posted:

Supercard just randomly crashed mid match on me and now it crashes upon launch.

Appdatas probably hosed. Reboot your phone.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

gently caress YOU RARE TYSON KID IN ULTRA RARE +. GIVE ME A loving ULTRA RARE THAT ISN'T A GODDAMNED LADDER.

I've given up. I'm leveling up two more of my three extra SR Vince McMahons. And half-heartedly leveling up a rare Undertaker to pro up.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Swagger Dagger posted:

Poor guy probably doesn't want to do that but has no choice.

Like I have two Cenas in my deck right now. :negative:

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm thinking that maybe, instead of leveling up a second batch of McMahons to pro them, I might start cultivating a yellow-triangle deck to change things up a bit when I'm sick of looking at stupid Cena and Miz and sick of angrily hoping for Macho Man Savage or a second SR Chris Jericho. I've got two SR Yokozunas, Big Shows and Dean Ambroses, all bottom triangles. I have no doubles of yellow top triangles.

Seriously just give me UR Macho Man. UR+ is a lie.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Steve Vader posted:

gently caress YOU RARE TYSON KID IN ULTRA RARE +. GIVE ME A loving ULTRA RARE THAT ISN'T A GODDAMNED LADDER.

I've given up. I'm leveling up two more of my three extra SR Vince McMahons. And half-heartedly leveling up a rare Undertaker to pro up.

I got bad news for you.

I've been on epic++ for a while and I've never seen an Epic drop. I've got a lot of UR+ cards in my deck because I can't win a KOTR and keep getting just epics and nothing to pro them with. If I don't get the 2x Epic or better from People's Champ, I think I gotta give this game up.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Telex posted:

I got bad news for you.

I've been on epic++ for a while and I've never seen an Epic drop.

I reached the second UR John Cena ladder reward before I picked a non-freebie Epic card, which ended up being a trash can.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Telex posted:

I got bad news for you.

I've been on epic++ for a while and I've never seen an Epic drop. I've got a lot of UR+ cards in my deck because I can't win a KOTR and keep getting just epics and nothing to pro them with. If I don't get the 2x Epic or better from People's Champ, I think I gotta give this game up.

I'm almost to Legendary+, and I haven't gotten an Epic drop (after my freebie.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Telex posted:

If it's anything like the last pointlessly grindy bullshit I tried (the Marvel game) it gets more intense at the last minute rather than less. That one had a time limit to how much you could do in a certain amount of time though and I guess there's no p2w component for this thing so maybe that won't happen.

I doubt it though. If these people have time to grind out 1,000+ games in a day on the first day, I'm pretty sure they're going to grind out the same amount or more on the last.

I think I might be right since I only dropped about 500 spots last night, compared to 3,000 from the night before.