Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hannibal
Jul 27, 2001

[img-planes]

FadedReality posted:

I was curious about this as well so I loaded up my level 30 and poked around. None of the displays for various exploration and progression stuff activated so I checked the readme and he says he's working on a way to retroactively award them but its not in yet. I was able to put the Amren Family Sword on its plaque which I assume was based on quest completion but I don't know if you to need to have in your inventory to make the display copy. So for like Ancient Vampire Hands I'm unsure if I would have had to come to the museum while having them and put them on display or just complete the quest.

I'll do the next ancient vampire part quest later to test it out some more but it looks like it works best with a fresh character in its current iteration.

I'm using this mod too, and yeah, you have to have the item in your inventory to place it on the plaques. If you don't have something it will tell you something about not having the right item. The way I use it is I go drop stuff off when I know I've got something unique (there's a list on the wiki, yes, this mod has its own wiki http://legacy-of-the-dragonborne.wikia.com/wiki/Legacy_of_the_Dragonborne_Wiki)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

hannibal posted:

I'm using this mod too, and yeah, you have to have the item in your inventory to place it on the plaques. If you don't have something it will tell you something about not having the right item. The way I use it is I go drop stuff off when I know I've got something unique (there's a list on the wiki, yes, this mod has its own wiki http://legacy-of-the-dragonborne.wikia.com/wiki/Legacy_of_the_Dragonborne_Wiki)

I tested it further on Ancient Power specifically and putting the Ancient Vampire Remains on the display removed them from my inventory. This prevented me from completing the quest. I went and turned the quest in and checked the replica workbench to see if they were there and they weren't. I poked around on the thread and it turns out the guy hasn't done much vampire or werewolf stuff himself and just added the little vampire area. I asked in the Nexus thread just to be sure but even poking around in TES5Edit I didn't see anything triggering the creation of a replica.

Apart from that apparent oversight/bug, the mod is outstanding.

:siren: If anyone chooses to install it and is using Mod Organizer, make sure you only use the DragonGalleryNEW.bsa from the main file. Everything else is in the patch download.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Kraven Moorhed posted:

It works with current characters, too: there's a basement area from which you can activate individual quest-aware displays for this very reason. It also contains a replica bench for making new iterations for quest items, so between the two I assume you can cover everything.

Yay!

Nay! :( Been a while since I saw purple, wonder what's hosed up. Also the curator or whoever at the front door mentions a ten septim tour, then just stands there and begins the opening dialogue all over again.

Should these little things be sticking out so far away from the wall? Maybe my mod install hosed up.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Considering that Tumblerbane Gloves display is a stack of glass-paneled wood cases that features several other items, yeah, I think your install hosed up. I started the quest at level 30 with a decent amount of things already finished and had no issues (especially with all those texture errors, yikes) so you might wanna double-check.

Edit: Did you download both the patch and the base file? And where are they on your load order? The lack of food on the tables suggests a problem with extra assets not loading, either from the mod itself or from an expansion.

Kraven Moorhed fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Sep 19, 2014

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
Yeah I think my install just got screwed up. Reinstalled, LOOT sorted, now things are as they should be.

Also holy poo poo there are a lot of things to put things on with this thing :stare:

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
The mod creator confirmed the vampire stuff is WIP. Yeah lemme make sure to emphasize a point about this mod:

Kraven Moorhed posted:

And in addition to the absurd amount of content it provides through the addition of artifacts from previous games, Dragonborn Gallery acts as a tangible checklist that can clue you into items/quests from the vanilla game you never knew were there.

It adds Boots of Blinding Speed, Trueflame, Sixth House Bell Hammer, pretty much all your favorite poo poo from Morrowind. Placed through the world for you to go collect. AND it adds cards to find that you can combine into a deck that gives buffs. AND paintings to hang in your museum. GET IN ALREADY :pcgaming:

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

FadedReality posted:

The mod creator confirmed the vampire stuff is WIP. Yeah lemme make sure to emphasize a point about this mod:

It adds Boots of Blinding Speed, Trueflame, Sixth House Bell Hammer, pretty much all your favorite poo poo from Morrowind. Placed through the world for you to go collect. AND it adds cards to find that you can combine into a deck that gives buffs. AND paintings to hang in your museum. GET IN ALREADY :pcgaming:

I think i prefer something slightly less.... extensive.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Tzarnal posted:

Yea it sounds pretty awful.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
I was skeptical about having a super insane megamansion but I just installed it today and I like the way it's presented as a museum that you're helping keep stocked with exhibits rather than a free mansion that god drops on you.

It still requires some suspension of disbelief that you walk in and the curator goes "hm yes you have armor and a sword. Guess you're an adventurer who will no doubt come across our world's version of the Holy Grail and True Cross so just drop 'em in the Relic Room when you get a chance." But it feels a little more comfortable to play with than Druid's Den, especially since my character isn't a druidic sort.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

FadedReality posted:

I tested it further on Ancient Power specifically and putting the Ancient Vampire Remains on the display removed them from my inventory. This prevented me from completing the quest. I went and turned the quest in and checked the replica workbench to see if they were there and they weren't. I poked around on the thread and it turns out the guy hasn't done much vampire or werewolf stuff himself and just added the little vampire area. I asked in the Nexus thread just to be sure but even poking around in TES5Edit I didn't see anything triggering the creation of a replica.

Apart from that apparent oversight/bug, the mod is outstanding.

:siren: If anyone chooses to install it and is using Mod Organizer, make sure you only use the DragonGalleryNEW.bsa from the main file. Everything else is in the patch download.

Things to note about your post and some other posts about the museum.

1. There is a room with a bunch of activator switches in the basement whose door is in the Armory. These switches turn on displays which are supposed to be activated after a quest is completed. There is one switch per display. WARNING! Save before you mess around in there because I have had instances where I turned a switch on and it worked but it was for the wrong display and turning the switch off did not deactivate the display. Also, even with a seasoned character, the quest displays are intended to retroactively display but it sometimes does not work.

2. There is a safe hidden inside of a cabinet behind the desk in the library downstairs. When you open the cabinet there are some hanging clothes and behind those is a fake wall that can be opened revealing the safe. You can drop any item you want in there which there is a display for inside of the museum and it will activate that display. You can also remove display items through this safe. All items that you put up for display (except paintings, jewelry cabinet, and book set case) end up in this safe for easy access.

3. In the safe house you can craft replicas of quest items to put them on display. This is mostly designed to allow one to turn in quest items and still be able to put them up for display. This is a very new feature and there might be some replicas that cannot be crafted yet. Replicas are not always needed though. Even after turning in quest items, you can sometimes go to the display for that quest item and it will populate the display even though the item is not in your inventory or at least it used to work this way. Not sure if that changed in version 11.

4. You should read this FAQ. It contains answers to a lot of good questions. One in particular that is worth noting especially if you are not using a relatively new character is this:

quote:

Q: What if I lost X item or completed X quest before installing this mod? how do I get X item back?
A: Use the console and type: COC DBM_UTILITY2 this will get you to a small room with the relics. Take only what you need to replace, and then use COC DBM_TEST to return to the museum

5. You want to also read this. It is a good place to learn about the whole mod.

Tzarnal posted:

It sounds overwhelming on paper, but it really isn't. I understand that it may not be for everyone though. Nothing is. :)

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Sep 19, 2014

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I dunno I'm running SkyRe, Morrowloot 4E, Immersive Armors, Frostfall, SkyTEST and a whole pile of other little mods. The museum isn't exactly overboard at this point. Which makes me think of how far we've come from Morrowind days when modding made it a really bad idea to do anything but manual saves indoors only. Too many mods and you would start to have serious stability problems. Now here I am with over 100 mods working together fine and maybe one crash every 10-15 hours of play.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
After revisiting the Witcher 2 and loving the visuals, I was wondering if there is anything that adds moonlight with shadows to Skyrim. ENB makes Skyrim's sunlight absolutely gorgeous, can it do the same for moonlight? Even a non-ENB solution would be great.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

FadedReality posted:

I dunno I'm running SkyRe, Morrowloot 4E, Immersive Armors, Frostfall, SkyTEST and a whole pile of other little mods. The museum isn't exactly overboard at this point. Which makes me think of how far we've come from Morrowind days when modding made it a really bad idea to do anything but manual saves indoors only. Too many mods and you would start to have serious stability problems. Now here I am with over 100 mods working together fine and maybe one crash every 10-15 hours of play.

morrowind is a bit more stable these days thanks to all the unofficial patches and code fix fuckery. i have 230+ mods running on my install.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

If you use Morrowloot make sure to load morrowloot after it then, since ML adds a ton of MW stuff as well.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Maybe there's a mod that will allow you to fill baskets with various loot, and keep it there for visuals. Who *wouldn't* want flower baskets full of skulls and human hearts?

Or displays of assorted flowers, even? :gay:

Think I've said it before in here but I would love such a mod. Being able to have bowls of gems and ingredients, or stacks and bins of crafting stuff without the hassle of manual arrangement would make the homes feel a lot more like someonea compulsive looter lives there.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

the yeti posted:

Think I've said it before in here but I would love such a mod. Being able to have bowls of gems and ingredients, or stacks and bins of crafting stuff without the hassle of manual arrangement would make the homes feel a lot more like someonea compulsive looter lives there.

While it does require manual arrangement, you can use Jaxonz Positioner to lock items in place so your bowls of skulls don't erupt everywhere when you so much as look at them. It also lets you put live mudcrabs in your pocket. I suggest you put live mudcrabs in your pocket. Save them for later.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Kraven Moorhed posted:

While it does require manual arrangement, you can use Jaxonz Positioner to lock items in place so your bowls of skulls don't erupt everywhere when you so much as look at them. It also lets you put live mudcrabs in your pocket. I suggest you put live mudcrabs in your pocket. Save them for later.

This sounds very useful.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
The install process for that museum mod is pretty confusing right now. After some digging around I've found that you need to install the v11.1 "patch" with the mod manager and then manually drop only the "dragonborngalleryNEW.bsa" file from the v11.0B archive into your Skyrim/data folder. Also, the addons may or may not work, because some of them still seem to require an .esm file that no longer exists in the newest version.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Xavier434 posted:

This sounds very useful.

Yeah super useful!

As a companion to that, is there a mod or in game way to drop a quantity of items as individual pieces instead of taking one off the stack until you're down to 5(?) and it drops them individually by default?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Mygna posted:

The install process for that museum mod is pretty confusing right now. After some digging around I've found that you need to install the v11.1 "patch" with the mod manager and then manually drop only the "dragonborngalleryNEW.bsa" file from the v11.0B archive into your Skyrim/data folder. Also, the addons may or may not work, because some of them still seem to require an .esm file that no longer exists in the newest version.

The list of addons that are compatible with v11.1 are in the description I believe, but you are correct. The author is pretty good all around, but he needs to clean up the files that he posts before releasing updates. It is more confusing than it needs to be. What I did to install 11.1 is that I downloaded both 11.0B and 11.1 manually, extract both archives, added dragonborngalleryNEW.bsa to the 11.1 patch files, and then rearchived them all together. From there I just installed that one archive using MO. What I do not get is why the author didn't do that himself and just upload one file as 11.1. Does Nexus have some strange rule or restriction when it comes to uploading files as an author? I know that the main mod itself is nearly 1GB.

edit:

From the description

quote:

Compatibility and Add-on Patches available:
-Konahrik's Accoutrements add on (Offline return aprox 9/23)
-Skyrim Unique Treasures (V4.0 compatible with V11.0 and up)
-Live another Life (Offline return aprox 9/20)
-Solitude Capitol edition (Offline return 9/21)
-Open Cities Skyrim (compatible with V11.1 and up)
-Great jar hunt (V1.0, compatible with V11 and up)

Also, while it might seem obvious, you do need to install the actual mods in addition to the addons above in order for them to work.

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Sep 19, 2014

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jaxonz Positioner also makes manual arrangement less of a pain so even though you still have to individually put all those gems in a bowl you can get them in there with just a click or two each.

On the topic of player homes I'm using this one with my Guildmaster character. It's very cozy with a lot of nice clutter and labeled storage. I also have her version of Breezehome which is pretty nice, and will probably try out some of her other homes on future characters because I like how she decorates.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Everything Burrito posted:

On the topic of player homes I'm using this one with my Guildmaster character. It's very cozy with a lot of nice clutter and labeled storage. I also have her version of Breezehome which is pretty nice, and will probably try out some of her other homes on future characters because I like how she decorates.

Was just reading through the features of that house. What is this?

quote:

- Disenchanting font that resets player created items (enchants and smithing improvements)

Is this some sort of furniture like a crafting station that disenchants items when interacting with it? I have a mod that adds a rather crude method to remove enchants and smithing improvements from items. I would love something that acts more like a crafting station or adds an option to the enchantment table.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
:psyduck: My bizarre experiences with my Familiar Faces follower, the aptly-named Wizarro, have reached a climax. I have come to the conclusion that he is the protagonist and that my current character is merely a follower. And before you ask: I have no idea how any of these glitches occurred.

This comes as no surprise, as Wizarro always looked at things a bit differently and he had a knack for getting what he wanted:

Forgive me, Sofia, but her breasts are far more ample.

But as mods piled up and I found Familiar Faces, I decided to retire Wizarro and recruit him as a lackey. Enter Ohseph:

These boots aren't going to lick themselves, maggot.

Though sharing his predecessor's fowl fixation and a certain delight in senseless animal cruelty, Ohseph was a bit more serious. So when I initially imported Wizarro and this happened, I knew I had to keep him around as a mascot of sorts.

Wizarro had other plans. Once he'd gotten Wizarro settled in the followers' bunk in Druid's Den, Ohseph sprung a pal from Riften jail and set him up in the same bunk. And since a certain Daedric Prince was hungry for a follower, he left the two of them behind and picked up someone more disposable. On his return, Ohseph decided to soothe his guilty conscience by visiting his compatriots. The bunk was empty, but he could hear muffled voices from the private suite. The one with the fireplace and the romantic, phosphorescent bedposts. Sure enough, upon bursting in he was greeted with this:

(Note: I didn't undress them. :iiam:)
Wizarro had lured Inigo away to a forbidden den of man-love! Ohseph could never bear to look Inigo in the eyes after that: there was trust there, once. Maybe the initial stirrings of desire. But Inigo belonged to Wizarro now, and he could see the laughter in the haughty Altmer's eyes as he cried himself to sleep to the mournful buzzing of Mr. Dragonfly.

Several days and retellings of that sweet, mid-blizzard headshot on a bear later, Wizarro and Ohseph found themselves on the trail of the Silver Hand. It was a hard trek into the mountains, but they braved the elements and cleansed the fort. Several Dunmer numbered among the inhabitants, whose ancestral spirits decided that fighting wasn't all that worth it and stuck around afterwards while they set up camp. But after a fitful night of sleep, something horrible happened. Ohseph awoke to this:

(Yes, that one in the back is chopping ghost logs.)
How Wizarro enthralled the spirits Ohseph could never say, but he knew he had been utterly replaced. This was Wizarro's story now, and Ohseph would just have to hope that Wizarro would bring him along for the ride.

Kraven Moorhed fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Sep 19, 2014

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Xavier434 posted:

Was just reading through the features of that house. What is this?

Is this some sort of furniture like a crafting station that disenchants items when interacting with it? I have a mod that adds a rather crude method to remove enchants and smithing improvements from items. I would love something that acts more like a crafting station or adds an option to the enchantment table.

I haven't actually used it yet (not doing any enchanting this run so far), but my understanding is that it lets you remove enchantments on player-created items only, not sure about the smithing improvements. It's just a little fountain tucked in next to your enchanting station that you can activate like any other crafting station so it sounds like what you're looking for maybe?

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Paging The_Rat to this thread...

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Oh boy. As evidenced by my recent posting in here again, I've picked up Skyrim after a long break for various reasons. The only changes I've made to my working configuration (-that I know of-) was updating mod manager and LOOT (systemwide changes: video drivers and upgrading to win8.1) and now I'm getting sporadic, but regular CTDs :sigh:

Sort of wondering if I should just take the opportunity to go through my mod list and update everything, rehash my load order, bashed/merged patches, the whole nine yards?

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

the yeti posted:

Yeah super useful!

As a companion to that, is there a mod or in game way to drop a quantity of items as individual pieces instead of taking one off the stack until you're down to 5(?) and it drops them individually by default?

I believe the MCM version of SkyUI can modify this.

SpaceLion
Jun 10, 2013
Anyone recommend Complete Crafting Overhaul Redone? I'm looking for ways to keep the OP crafting system in check, but I'm not sure this is a good option. I already have morrowloot installed and will be starting a play-through with it & SkyRe. Does CCOR feel like a necessity for anyone?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

SpaceLion posted:

Anyone recommend Complete Crafting Overhaul Redone? I'm looking for ways to keep the OP crafting system in check, but I'm not sure this is a good option. I already have morrowloot installed and will be starting a play-through with it & SkyRe. Does CCOR feel like a necessity for anyone?

Yes. It's a must have for me since it fixes and adds a bunch of stuff that was left out. It also includes an option to create replicas of Artifact items.

SpaceLion
Jun 10, 2013

Scyantific posted:

Yes. It's a must have for me since it fixes and adds a bunch of stuff that was left out. It also includes an option to create replicas of Artifact items.

Nice. Loaded it up, and I'm liking the look of the different options. It also removes the need for the Faster Mining mod, which is bonus efficiency in my book, and recognized that I had Winter is Coming.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Kraven Moorhed posted:

:psyduck: My bizarre experiences with my Familiar Faces follower, the aptly-named Wizarro, have reached a climax. I have come to the conclusion that he is the protagonist and that my current character is merely a follower. And before you ask: I have no idea how any of these glitches occurred.

One of my characters is wolf-themed, so she summons wolf familiars, has a wolf pet, has a ring that summons a wolf, etc. All from other mods. I imported her into my main game and she uses conjuring spells to resurrect pretty much everything she can now. She was following me around with a wolf pet for a good long while, but then she resurrected a dead Khajiit bandit for some reason, and then I turned around for a few seconds and the bandit was gone but now there was a dead bunny following her. :wtc:

Griffon
May 14, 2003

Is skyre awful or is it me? My novice wizard's fire spell can barely hurt skeletons. My level 30 fighter has a focus on light armor/one handed and is getting one shotted from bandits. Should I switch back to SPERG or am I doing something wrong?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Griffon posted:

Is skyre awful or is it me? My novice wizard's fire spell can barely hurt skeletons. My level 30 fighter has a focus on light armor/one handed and is getting one shotted from bandits. Should I switch back to SPERG or am I doing something wrong?

It's you.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I tried playing SkyRE with a nightblade-type character, illusion and one-handed and sneak and archery. It was a profoundly miserable experience and I never once felt remotely competent or empowered. In a bad way, not in a challenging struggle kind of way.

This was ages ago though, about six months after the game came out I think, so I guess it's maybe better than it used to be?

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
I find SkyRE to be the bee's knees. The only complaint I have for SkyRE's gameplay specifically is that you need a large amounts of perks to do more than just specialize in one thing. Melee with a bastard sword or a long sword is a pretty cool experience once you get the timed blocking perks for those weapons.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Personally, I took the levelling up speeds from SPERG's Uncapper ini, put them into SkyRe, and replaced the mining script with this one that gives you ore relative to your smithing skill. It can feel like a bit of a slog when you keep finding yourself wondering if sneak is levelling up at all because it's set to 0.7 of the normal speed or whatever it is.

Someone said before that the big thing about SkyRe is if you're playing a stealthy or mage character, you'll probably get wrecked at melee range because there's more of an importance placed on armor and not getting hit.

Griffon posted:

For your level 30 man make sure you read up on ReProccer if you're playing with custom armors at all as SkyRe fiddles with armor values a bunch and will make unmodified armors feel like tissue paper. As for the mage, I levelled up a fire destruction and atronach conjuration mage and it is a little slow going at first but you eventually start to feel more powerful. If you're using the full package it also keeps areas of the world in certain level ranges so you'd be able to come back to some cave outside Whiterun later on and one shot every skeleton and bandit in the place.

SpaceLion
Jun 10, 2013
Good to hear I'm not the only one struggling as a mage in SkyRe. But I think I still really like that it's forcing me to reconsider going into every goddamned cave just because I can... because I can't... yet :) Definitely glad for Hjoromir (from Interesting NPCs, I believe), who I set up as a Ranger, but should probably get a fighter follower as well.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm looking for a mod that makes the skill level up menu not poo poo, either replaces the constellation screen with an actual list or alters it to not be so finicky to navigate.

I don't think it's possible but god drat it I'd love it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Deakul posted:

I'm looking for a mod that makes the skill level up menu not poo poo, either replaces the constellation screen with an actual list or alters it to not be so finicky to navigate.

Try enhanced UI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Deakul posted:

Extended UI makes some changes to it that make the perk trees more readable and nicer to look at especially if you're using a mod with gigantic perk trees like SkyRe. It's probably not really what you're looking for but it's an improvement. Would link but I'm on my phone.

• Locked thread