Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Clearly we need more sophisticated voice over settings to individually change:

a) Geralt
b) Emhyr/other main characters that arent c)
c) Geralts friends
d) minor characters
e) everyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Is it possible to get the group finisher to work on monsters? I've tried it on nekkers and harpies so far and it only ever kills one at a time.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
Has anyone linked the W3 soundtrack yet? Someone posted it to youtube so I'm assuming it's not a leak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vr-Mt3_cMs

I usually have the sound off so I can listen to rap music and npr, so these aren't old for me yet. We have some cool tunes.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Riso posted:

Clearly we need more sophisticated voice over settings to individually change:

a) Geralt
b) Emhyr/other main characters that arent c)
c) Geralts friends
d) minor characters
e) everyone else

The only change I would make to TW2's voice cast is to give Siegfried his cheesy original voice back.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Nektu posted:

Do you by chance remember which episode it was (or at least which range of episodes)?

The training episodes were the first 2 or so. I'm going to say 2 or 3. The trainer consistently puts his horse into a levade, or levade with pirouette, to keep the trainees at bay.

Geralt spends a lot of time naked in the series, too.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Has anyone linked the W3 soundtrack yet? Someone posted it to youtube so I'm assuming it's not a leak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vr-Mt3_cMs

I usually have the sound off so I can listen to rap music and npr, so these aren't old for me yet. We have some cool tunes.

If you (CDPR) don't put this soundtrack up for sale or something soon I will literally die.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Speaking of voice acting, I was thinking of going through two again with a non-english voice pack. What sounds the most witcher-y? Polish obviously, but I also read the russian voices were really good? Or was that in 1?

Russian voices are never really good. Source: Russian.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Anyone have any tips for beating Letho, beyond what is posted in the OP?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Lord Lambeth posted:

Hit him til he runs out of hp.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Lord Lambeth posted:

As soon as the fight starts quick attack him twice, then ard, then repeat. I think he'll block and counter a third quick attack but ard breaks his guard and lets you continue. Once you run out of vigor you can try to throw a bomb or dagger instead of ard or you can skirmish as usual.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I have never once landed on a bomb on Letho. Every time I've tried, he Quens during my throw animation.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Lycus posted:

I have never once landed on a bomb on Letho. Every time I've tried, he Quens during my throw animation.

It's been a year or so but I'm pretty sure I've gotten bombs on him both before he's had time to raise quen and just after it falls. I don't remember if he can parry the knives though. I actually had the most trouble trying to follow people's suggestions to use yrden until someone in this thread (Vargatron) pointed out it doesn't work unless Letho travels over it mid-attack.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
In contrast, I'm one of the people who has had a lot of success Yrdening him. But Aard has the been the best thing to use against Letho for me.

They totally should've given him Witcher arrow redirection and have it use it on your knives.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Letho is easy if you just basically go full out against him. If you stop to try and parry or do a spell he will stun you. So charge in and go crazy with your sword for a couple of hits, roll under his counterattack and attack again etc etc.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Pwnstar posted:

Letho is easy if you just basically go full out against him. If you stop to try and parry or do a spell he will stun you. So charge in and go crazy with your sword for a couple of hits, roll under his counterattack and attack again etc etc.

Rolling away from a counterattack has always resulted very badly for me, he always hits me during the roll and (I'm not sure) I think that counts as a back-attack. Parrying his counter attack and then rolling away while he's taken aback by it (or however you want to put it) works a lot better for me, even with only 1 point in Parry. I don't think he can Aard you if you throw up the parry after he's started his attack animation.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Sep 15, 2014

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
All I did was Aard -> 4-hit combo -> repeat until out of vigor

then dodge around under his quen dissipates and do the same thing again like 13 consecutive times.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

steakmancer posted:

All I did was Aard -> 4-hit combo -> repeat until out of vigor

then dodge around under his quen dissipates and do the same thing again like 13 consecutive times.

This, I never understood people's problems with Letho.
Go for a 3 hit combo though, he blocks the fourth one.

I'm still loving mad that I easily got him to half health without being hit once and he won in the following cutscene :argh:

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

GrossMurpel posted:

This, I never understood people's problems with Letho.
Go for a 3 hit combo though, he blocks the fourth one.

I'm still loving mad that I easily got him to half health without being hit once and he won in the following cutscene :argh:

Letho drank a potion that gives him super strength in cutscenes.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Easiest way is still to run around in circles until his shield runs out and then burying him in throwing knives and bombs.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Letho drank a potion that gives him super strength in cutscenes.

In the first novel, Geralt drinks a potion that makes him able to see better in the night (even though he should be able to do that already; I have a feeling Sapkowski was just making poo poo up 24/7), makes him faster, makes him impervious to pain and aggressive to the point of bloodlust.

Why can't the games have that?

E:
We also need the ability to force enemies to drink the potion that made Geralt lethargic for a night in the Witcher short story.

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 15, 2014

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

GrossMurpel posted:

Why can't the games have that?

Because it would make all the other potions lovely, you'd have one potion and you'd want it all the time. So you could try to limit it in some way, like, only in a certain quest or it's really expensive to make or something. But then the player is annoyed that he's got this awesome tool that's better than all his other tools but it's got this stupid drawback that artificially limits its use.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Because it would make all the other potions lovely, you'd have one potion and you'd want it all the time. So you could try to limit it in some way, like, only in a certain quest or it's really expensive to make or something. But then the player is annoyed that he's got this awesome tool that's better than all his other tools but it's got this stupid drawback that artificially limits its use.

It was a joke :ssh:

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

GrossMurpel posted:

It was a joke :ssh:

the longer I'm in europe the worse my sense of humor is

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Hey stop it that's racist

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Geralt's not getting any younger folks, he can't slam back the most super toxic potions like he used to :(

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
I have a really specific question. Maybe one of you can answer it. I'm in ACT II, and just did the quest that awards Thyssen's armor (The one with the Succbuss) . According to this website (http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Thyssen's_armor) this armor is supposed to give +50% damage to bombs. In my game it does not do this though-- It has all the other stats, but not the +50% damage to bombs. Unless it doesn't explicitly list that attribute, but all pictures of the item show it listing it, and when I equip it and check my bomb damage it doesn't change (I would think it would, since getting the talent in the alchemy tree actually makes the numbers go up in the bomb description). I also didn't get any orens or a rook potion from the quest, which that website claims you get if you side with the succbus.

What's the deal? Has it been changed in subsequent patches or is something wrong with my game? I tried googling it, and every single time someone mentions Thyssen's armor on a message board they refer to the +50% bomb damage.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I found a message board post where someone asked about this, saying the bomb damage text was gone after he installed the Enhanced Edition. Somebody replied that it was always bugged and never affected bomb damage, so maybe they just removed the text in the EE patch.

And I think that's been a fairly neglected wiki for a long while.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 17, 2014

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Gotta love how half the time you're in a situation where you need group style you just get gang-banged to death before Geralt can even get an attack off.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Justin_Brett posted:

Gotta love how half the time you're in a situation where you need group style you just get gang-banged to death before Geralt can even get an attack off.

And you just end up going: "gently caress it. Igni, Igni, Igni."

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Lycus posted:

And you just end up going: "gently caress it. Igni, Igni, Igni."

Every time I replay Witcher 1 I think, this is it, this is the time I dont spend a single point in- Ah gently caress it Igni, Igni, Igni!

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Justin_Brett posted:

How do you even manage that? For the most part they just stand around you in circle, waiting you to kill them with one group style attack. And if you do get surrounded just double click to hop out of encirclement and win time until they surround you again. Obligatory "Igni spammers have 0 skill, git good scrubs", and so on.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Pyromancer posted:

How do you even manage that? For the most part they just stand around you in circle, waiting you to kill them with one group style attack. And if you do get surrounded just double click to hop out of encirclement and win time until they surround you again. Obligatory "Igni spammers have 0 skill, git good scrubs", and so on.

I don't think I've ever used the dodge thing in Witcher 1. I always just stood around, not moving an inch from my place while hacking/burning people up.
The only time I ever kited was in the swamp to make explosion chain reactions :allears:

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Did a patch change the Madness Mutagen to no longer give a damage bonus? Google is mum about this.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
I'm replaying with Enhanced Edition, in Iorveth's path there's a certain somebody name Biggerhorn that was mentioned to Geralt (IIRC Phillipa recommended Geralt to talk to him). Is this Biggerhorn actually exist anywhere in the game? Also, I read somewhere (from the manual I think) that the guardian ghost of Dun Banner at the catacomb will later haunt Geralt if Geralt tricked the ghost into assuming that Geralt was member of Dun Banner. Is this true?

Roshnak
Jul 22, 2007

Section 31 posted:

I'm replaying with Enhanced Edition, in Iorveth's path there's a certain somebody name Biggerhorn that was mentioned to Geralt (IIRC Phillipa recommended Geralt to talk to him). Is this Biggerhorn actually exist anywhere in the game? Also, I read somewhere (from the manual I think) that the guardian ghost of Dun Banner at the catacomb will later haunt Geralt if Geralt tricked the ghost into assuming that Geralt was member of Dun Banner. Is this true?

The answer to both these questions is no.

Quest spoilers for the first question: Biggerhorn is a dude you have to mention to the ghost in order to trick him.

Roshnak fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 21, 2014

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Pyromancer posted:

When there's an opening they just dodge it Geralt's initial swing, I dunno.

It's the fight outside Old Vizima's hospital after you talk to Shani after fighting the first mutant, if that helps. I'm on the Order path.

And just now I clicked on a guy like five times and Geralt did nothing. What the hell?

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 21, 2014

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Any advice for the draug at the end of Chapter 2?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I tried kiting an Elf and a Dwarf away from them, and they still just dodge Group style like it's nothing. It's this loving fire that's making my computer lag, I'm sure of it.

This time I drank a Blizzard potion too even though it broke my toxicity up enough to damage him, and he still misses. So I basically have nothing that can help here.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Sep 21, 2014

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

no your designer brain has taken over. soon you'll be replying to every sarcastic quip with an elaborate response on gameplay mechanics. its permanent and fatal, im sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Lord Lambeth posted:

Any advice for the draug at the end of Chapter 2?

Put an yrden down and bait him to charge into it. Pound him if it stuns him, run away and repeat if it doesnt. Quen up when he yells "Archers!"

• Locked thread