Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
drat it Nozaki it's not very polite to toy with a girl's heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

The biggest surprise

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Compendium posted:

Here's hoping for a second season (and thankfully we got more chapters to look forward to!)

I wouldn't get my hopes up. When Square-Enix comics get popular enough to get an anime, they're about ready to drop it. Daily Lives of Highschool Boys and The Chronicles of The Going Home Club were both canceled within a couple months of the anime finishing.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Dehry posted:

I wouldn't get my hopes up. When Square-Enix comics get popular enough to get an anime, they're about ready to drop it. Daily Lives of Highschool Boys and The Chronicles of The Going Home Club were both canceled within a couple months of the anime finishing.

I'm pretty sure Daily Live of Highschool Boys stopped because Bomber Grape just stopped making new chapters, not due to editorial decisions.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
It's - it's all over. All of it.

I don't know what to do with my Sundays anymore.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Now we wait for the announcement of the second season.

Anytime soon right?

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
I knew getting to the last episode was going to hurt, but this is unbearable. Now I have to decide if I'm going to stay strong and wait for a second season or start binge reading the manga.

There were other good shows this season (Barakamon, Dandy) but Nozaki-kun is easily my favorite.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

vibratingsheep posted:

I don't know what to do with my Sundays anymore.

Take after Mikorin and start playing dating sims?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If this show does not get a second season then there is indeed no love in this world.

Also Chiyo achieved maximum adorableness this episode.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 21, 2014

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Episode cemented its first place position for anime of the year.

Now, anime gods, give us Chihayafuru S3 and Nozaki S2 in the same season and I will forever pray at your altar til the day I die.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Oh good gosh that was the cutest. Chiyo~ :allears:

Was that Nozaki's brother for a second at the end???

please please please second season oh please

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
Poor Ken-san.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm surprised it showed the flashback but didn't show Chiyo wearing only one ribbon being the inspiration for Mamiko's design.

I have no idea how likely a second season is, but I'm pretty glad we at least got this much!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gnossiennes posted:

Was that Nozaki's brother for a second at the end???

Yup.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Harry posted:

Poor Ken-san.
You mean poor Mikorin, everyone else gets to have fun(?) times with someone else during the ending credits but Mikorin is all alone collecting capsule toys.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

And with this, all that is good and beautiful in the world of anime has come to an end. Everyone happy on their own weird ways (except Ken-san, poor Ken-san), Nozaki being the most oblivious dumb guy in existence, and all is right with the world.

InspectorCarbonara posted:

You mean poor Mikorin, everyone else gets to have fun(?) times with someone else during the ending credits but Mikorin is all alone collecting capsule toys.

That's how he's happy, man. Just look at that smile.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
True happiness is a enormous sack of balls.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

And a large statue to watch fireworks from.

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!
I was so bummed at the shortened version of how they first met. There was actual plot there with Mamikos design but Chiyo had one ribbon from the beginning! Also the gate gag is one of my faves. :( hubby refuses to read the manga! I may have to resort to spousal abuse.

Candy Dawn fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Sep 22, 2014

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Also, he was with his parents.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Dehry posted:

Take after Mikorin and start playing dating sims?

Not sure if serious or not.

vibratingsheep fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Sep 22, 2014

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
I want more!

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Did the voice acting for Kashima seem a bit off this episode? The actress seemed to be switching between a super feminine and a more gravelly voice, and it threw me a bit. That aside, this whole series has been super cute and funny, and I am going to miss the heck out of it. S2 now plz

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's not just you. At least a couple of times this episode I thought "wait, did she always sound like that?"

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Yeah, I noticed that too. It was odd.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Mikorin's face when being complimented was hilarious. He truly is the best girl.

edit: oh man those closing credits

Hocus Pocus fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Sep 22, 2014

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Hocus Pocus posted:

Mikorin's face when being complimented was hilarious. He truly is the best girl.

I was ashamed of seeing myself in Mikorin this episode. Totally complimenting other people and then excitedly awaiting to be complimented back. :negative:

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Hocus Pocus posted:

The characters know it too: it sure looked like they invited him to the girls' night out.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
This is a good series

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hocus Pocus posted:

edit: oh man those closing credits

Seo is the kind of person who could find a way to enjoy life no matter the time and place. :)

I'm so gonna miss this anime. Hopefully this makes bitchin' money and convinces people to make a new season.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I wish they had covered the Waka-Seo swimswuit hijinks - I think that was my favorite running joke from the manga.

And later...

Best couple.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
maybe in the second season that'll definitely get made

it's my favorite too

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Ugggh, this show is too good. I don't watch that much anime anymore, but I was totally stoked every time Sunday rolled around. I'm glad Chiyo's dreams came true, if only for a couple seconds. :3:

Terper posted:

Now, anime gods, give us Chihayafuru S3 and Nozaki S2 in the same season and I will forever pray at your altar til the day I die.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Terper posted:

I'll get started on the pentagrams. Gotta see this through.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Terper posted:

Episode cemented its first place position for anime of the year.

Yes please, that would rock hard. The ending scene with Chiyo and Nozaki was even better than I remembered it!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Razzled posted:

Yes please, that would rock hard. The ending scene with Chiyo and Nozaki was even better than I remembered it!

I was torn during that whole scene between "Okay when is the punchline going to drop" (which they expertly delayed) and "If they do an anime-only ending of him reciprocating her feelings I am totally okay with that, too". Honestly, even though the anime had a bit more focus on the romance than the manga does, those aspects were done well and usually served to make the gags even funnier by contrast.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Hocus Pocus posted:

I'll get started on the pentagrams. Gotta see this through.

Goat blood, or would tanuki blood be more appropriate?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
When in doubt, use both.

:negative: <--- Me at the punchline.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

chumbler posted:

I was torn during that whole scene between "Okay when is the punchline going to drop" (which they expertly delayed)...

Yep, that was a good scene. What a great last episode. Overall this show is the funniest I've seen this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Poor Chiyo-chan. I was really rooting for her at the end.

I was kind of dumbfounded when she said their relationship hasn't progressed at all, though. At the start of the series, she was just this borderline stalker person he didn't know existed. Now they're quite close friends. He's willing to eat off the floor for you Chiyo! Appreciate how far you've come.