Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

come :synpa: a job with me

Who we are: IT consulting firm / MSP

Where we are: DC/MD/VA

TWO POSITIONS:

1 - MS network engineer/administrator - You will be providing software and hardware computer consulting to clients, mostly small clients up to 40 users. You will be on site with clients probably 100% of the time meaning you have to dress nicely and be polite to people. You will rarely see your boss or any actual coworkers. No clearance or anything like that. MCSE, VCP etc. preferred but not required.

2 - NOC position. Windows server maintenance, tier 1-3 support for end users over phone. shift work.

Salary: 60-85k+

Goons have been hired here in the past! PM me or email nvrgrls@gmail.com for info. This is a great job if you're in DC and not interested in working in government sector.

Dans Macabre fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.
My experience: ~4 years DevOps in a Linux/Solaris/Windows environment, lead developer for my team, primarily dealing with PHP, but quick to learn other languages. I've spent a lot more time in the sysadmin side lately, and prefer it, but I'm more than capable of dev work. Primarily self-educated, and very skilled at picking up new tech. Also have a background in a NOC, 3 years of BMC Remedy administration and development, call center support, and computer janitor work, and have a history of on-call work.
What I'm looking for: A Linux sysadmin job that's either work from home, or semi-flexible on hours but first shift. I could deal with DevOps still, but I genuinely enjoy being a sysadmin first.
What I'm NOT looking for: Helpdesk. Anything more than minimal administration of Windows. Environments that stifle employee creativity. Being underpaid and underappreciated while doing this same kind of work.
Where I live: Des Moines, IA
Where I'm looking: Des Moines, IA (or remote with < 10% travel)
When I can start: Pretty much as soon as possible, given appropriate notice for my current employer
Requirements: Health insurance, paid time off, full time, willingness to be flexible with me on time because my family always comes first.
Can be reached via: PM, g.prime@gmail.com

G-Prime fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Sep 12, 2014

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Hey goons check this out! My team's client is looking to fill several software engineer positions for talented nerds in the greater Detroit area.

Responsibilities
•Collaborate with other engineers, developers, architects, QA, system engineers and product managers in solving new and existing technical issues
•Understand requirements, implement designs, provide administration tools, and documentation for specific projects
•Develop in C# environment, developing web applications, WPF, WCF, and web services
•Perform regular on-call duties
•Participate in Design and Code Reviews
•Follow and enhance existing development processes
•Measure and verify that new and old code has acceptable performance and scalability
•Maintain ownership of the projects assigned
•Consistently meet project deadlines

Requirements
•.NET and Object Oriented programming experience
•Experience in general software development methodologies
•Direct experience in .NET and SQL Server
•Strong experience in building ASP.NET applications
•Strong understanding of IIS/Webservice/XML/XSL
•Experience with .Net 2.0/3.0/3.5 framework and C# required
•Experience with WCF, WPF, Service Oriented Architecture, BizTalk, AJAX preferred
•Strong experience in all aspects of the software lifecycle including design and testing
•Ability to understand and start projects quickly
•Team-oriented experience highly desired
•Superb attention to detail
•Solid understanding of linear equations and multivariable algebra/calculus
•Understanding of:
◦Unit Testing
◦RESTful web services
•Very good oral and written communication skills regardless of audience

What'll Make You Special
•Experience with a rules engine, "InRule" a plus

What You'll Get

•Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
•Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
•Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes, and more

Our client has been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" for ten years running, hitting #1 in 2014, and they have been named to FORTUNE’s list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" for the past 11 years, ranking as high as #2.

PM me with a link to your resume and a phone number so we can shoot the poo poo over the phone and give you more details.

Lafarg fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 14, 2014

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive
Reposting because I'm feeling a little stir crazy at my current position.

My Experience: I have three years experience working at a TV production company in the DC area, the last year being a manager. It's a predominantly OS X environment so I've got experience with 10.5 through 10.9 as well as OS X Server running Open Directory, DNS, AFP, FTP, VPN and a few other services I've played with. I know my way around the command line and can utilize it without damaging the system. We also utilize Apple Remote Desktop 3 heavily. Also administered two Apple Xsan environments (totaling around 400 TBs) which included working with Promise vTrak RAIDs and qLogic Fiber Switches. On the Apple hardware side I support Mac Pros, iMacs, MacBook Pros (13 inch, 15 inch ranging from 2006 to current plus Retina), MacBook Airs, iPhones, iPads, some legacy XServes. Implemented a custom image and deployment scheme. Some experience with Active Directory and Windows File Services as well as GPOs, Windows XP through 8 troubleshooting as our Accounting team runs on PCs.

We have an Avaya IP Office in house. Server edition V9 with 9611G and 9641G phones. I know the basics of IPO admin such as user and extension creation and some basic troubleshooting so I can escalate if necessary. Our old office had HP 4204vl and 2510-G 48/24 Switches and our current office has a Cisco 6506-E core switch, 6800ia edge switches and an Aironet deployment. I have a solid understanding of basic networking and troubleshooting and am working on my CCNA to further expand my knowledge as I am very interested in the field. We're a Google Apps Enterprise house and I have been administering and troubleshooting it since the beginning of my tenure. Since I work at a TV production company I have experience with Final Cut Studio 3 (Final Cut Pro 7, Compressor, etc) use and troubleshooting as well as Avid Media Composer. Currently we run an Avid ISIS (their SAN solution). I have a background in video production as well.

If I don't know something already I always do my best to get it figured out in a timely manner. Since I've effectively been running a one man (now two) IT department for a little over two years now I feel that I fit into the "jack of all trades" category.

Certifications: Avid Certified Support Representative (ACSR) Storage and ACSR Editing. Working on my Security+, hoping to have it completed October/November
Education: Bachelor of Science, Communications Media

What I'm looking for: I am looking for an opportunity in the network administration/engineering field. Such as a junior administrator position or a Tier-2/3 desktop support with Networking emphasis. OS X environment would be preferred but not necessary.

What I'm not looking for: Helpdesk, Phone Support

Where I am: Montgomery County Maryland. DC Metro Area

Where I'm looking: DC Metro Area. Baltimore would be doable.

When I can start: Late September/Early October

Requirements: Full time, benefits (401K would be great) and comparable salary.

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
Yo, I have been looking into getting into the freelance game. I'm a friendly hard working guy. Hit me up if you have any small projects that can be done remotely.

My experience: I've been doing web development professionally since about 2008. I particularly like working with Javascript, Node.js, and Linux but I'm not picky. I'm good with Rails, PHP, web design, various shades of SQL, Mongo. I bring the ruckus.

What I'm looking for: Small, well defined projects. Fixing whatever the last guy broke.

What I'm NOT looking for: Building your entire huge enterprise system for you. Projects that continuously increase in desired features. Actually I'm okay with both of these things, as long as we work out the details ahead of time and I'm compensated.

Where I live: Boston, MA

Where I'm looking: The information super highway.

When I can start: ASAP

Requirements: Solid contracts. I am not looking for a benefited position, so don't worry about that stuff.

Can be reached via: PM, bordenjardine@gmail.com

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Apologies if there is a better thread for this.

Large corporation I'm currently working at as a contractor has two openings. An Engineer and the Principal engineer of the same team. Do I apply for both or just one?

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Generally I would say apply for the more senior position, and if they don't feel your a fit for that, they may consider you for the less senior position. This is going to sound dickish, and I don't mean it to be, but generally someone qualified for a Principal Engineer job would know they were qualified for it. We have a few software guys with that title and they are all very experienced engineers that have a leadership and guidance role over a team of other engineers. In our org it's one step below a manager or director position. Those guys are good. Most of them have at least 15 years of progressive software engineering experience, a masters degree, and good leadership/management skills.

stewdiny
Mar 16, 2004
Job Opening: Web and .NET Developer

Location: Cinncinati, OH. Can work remotely too based on level of experience.

Description: We need someone with experience in the design and development of web applications with .NET for front end and some back end.

Fuck them
Jan 21, 2011

and their bullshit
:yotj:
My job is by all accounts kushy, great, and has benefits which are beyond exceptional, but I'm not growing as a developer, it's too easy, and I need to move on. Besides, life is too short to settle for mediocrity. I liked my job with a week long sprint cycle more than any other, I love having a team, I love to learn, and I like when I get to the point I'm helping other developers, not just when I can get my workload done and have an extra hour to post on the forums.

My experience: 2 years enterprise .NET experience - mostly MVC with knockout, a little WPF. Lots of ADO.NET/MSSQL, a little EF. Lately just jQuery and WebAPI with the ADO.NET/MSSQL.
Before then, college Java for a year; C in school and on my own implementing data structures on and off.
What I'm looking for: A place where I can go from competent to truly good - code reviews, getting into the ops and support side of things instead of just forgetting about things unless I'm told to fix a bug, working with a team, mentoring people new to the industry, helping team members, and putting down roots. Ideally back end.
What I'm NOT looking for: Environments without code reviews.
Where I live: Jacksonville, FL (looking to relocate)
Where I'm looking: SF Bay, Seattle, Raleigh, NC (RTP, Durham, Chapel Hill, etc), North Virginia/DC.
When I can start: Immediately. The ambition fairy keeps poking me and I'm in "let's pack up a uhaul and drive 3000 miles" mode.
Requirements: Health insurance, full time, relocation.
Can be reached via: PM, c_harmon@live.com
Resume: http://freepdfhosting.com/e06ac842d9.pdf

Fuck them fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Oct 19, 2014

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Hey SH/SC goons.

I work for a small company in northern Vermont that provides e-commerce, managed network support, and infrastructure solutions (sometimes all three at once to a customer, sometimes just two of the three, and other times just one of the three.) We're currently looking to add two or three people. These are the official job descriptions, but feel free to contact me if you have similar, but not exact, skill sets.

I don't believe we're looking to hire for anyone on the e-commerce side, but I'll be happy to pass along your info if you're a developer and let you know what they say.

Here's just the copy+paste of the post I made in the job thread in BFC:

Job Opening: Systems Engineer

Description: Working with customers ranging from small to enterprise-level environments, the selected candidate will lead and participate as part of a team responsible for the end-to-end delivery of infrastructure solutions to meet customers’ business needs. The ideal candidate will be able to work as part of a team and will self-manage the delivery of best practice environments for our customers with minimal direction from a technical lead or manager. The Systems Engineer will collaborate routinely with customer-nominated representatives to accomplish assigned tasks.

Desired Skills
    • Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or extensive related field experience
    • Conversant in industry standards and methodologies
    • Ability to diagnose and resolve technical problems
    • Well organized, works collaboratively and with attention to detail
    • Thrive in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment requiring multi-tasking and time management in constantly changing technical environments
    • Confident yet willing to seek advice from teammates or vendor partners
    • Develop and maintain a high level of competency with supported technologies
    • Industry certifications
    • Experience and skills in many of the following areas:
      o Microsoft products including: Exchange, SQL, IIS, Commerce Server
      o PC, server and network hardware and software
      o Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
      o Active Directory and Group Policy management
      o Anti-virus and malware tools
      o LAN/WAN/Wireless networking hardware and software
      o VMware Virtual Infrastructure
      o Microsoft Exchange Server
      o EMC and other storage solutions
      o Fluency with firewall functions and administration & Cisco router and firewall configuration
      o Backup technologies: disk-disk, disk-disk-tape, cloud
      o Development tools including: content management systems (CMS), .NET, C#, VB.NET, Visual Studio, XHTML, XML

Job Opening: Senior Systems Engineer – Virtual Desktop

Description: This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineer with strong virtual desktop engineering skills in VMware (VDI/VMware View) and Citrix technologies (XenServer and XenDesktop). The selected Systems Engineer will be responsible for the configuration, build and implementation of VMware virtual desktop solutions.

Working with customers ranging from small to enterprise-level environments, the selected candidate will be part of a team responsible for the end-to-end delivery of infrastructure solutions to meet customers’ business needs. The ideal candidate will be able to work as part of a team and will self-manage the delivery of best practice environments for our customers with minimal direction from a technical lead or manager. The Systems Engineer will collaborate routinely with customer nominated representatives to accomplish assigned tasks.

Desired Skills:

• Experienced working in enterprise-level environments
    • Thrives in a team environment
    • Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills
    • Multitasks in a fast-paced environment
    • Creative problem solver
    • Builds effective customer relationships
    • Demonstrates solid virtualization desktop skills, including configuration, build and implementations
    • Technical certifications preferred (VCP/CCIA/CCIE/MCSE)

DICTATOR OF FUNK
Nov 6, 2007

aaaaaw yeeeeeah
Hey Seattle goons, I wanna code a website! Or design it! Or configure the server for it! Whatever I don't care!

My experience: 3 years back- and front-end web development using Python (Django), PHP, Ruby, and PowerShell for some weird API integration stuff with WMI for an inventory system. I've written more HTML(4/5)/CSS(1.2/2/3)/jQuery(1.6-) than I'd reasonably like to admit. I know how to use git and not be a sperg in teams. I've also performed help desk and in-person technical support responsibilities, while trying to program. I multitask well! :v:
What I'm NOT looking for: I don't want to be offered $10/hour to listen to people scream at me about how they accidentally closed Clippy and really loving want him back.
Where I live: Gig Harbor, WA (but I'll move anywhere)
Where I'm looking: In the Seattle area.
When I can start: When can you email me?
Requirements: I really like free coffee but that's hardly a deal breaker. Full time work is the name of my game.
Contact me at: andrewvenglar@gmail.com or http://venglar.com; you can request a full resume through my website.

DICTATOR OF FUNK fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Sep 26, 2014

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Job Opening

Who: SRA International

About us: Moderately sized government contractor.

Location: Mostly in Washington, DC metro area; however there's opportunities nationally and worldwide.

What: Everything IT and development related. A lot of positions require that you either obtain or currently have a security clearance, but not all of them.

Specifically, the company is putting an emphasis on the following:

Software Engineer - Full Scope Polygraph
Clearance: TS/SCI w/ full scope polygraph
Job Description:
C, C++ and/or JAVA Software Engineers with experience and skills as outlined below. Fort Meade area. Previous SIGINT experience is highly desireable. Available positions cover all levels of experience from junior through senior. Desired skills of interest include some or all of the following:

- Experience as a Software Engineer in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- Experience developing software using the Java, C and/or C++ programming languages.
- Experience developing software under UNIX/Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) operating systems.
- Experience on the design and development of at least one Object Oriented system.
- Have a firm grasp of modern computer programming with experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems and software testing.
- Experience developing solutions integrating and extending FOSS/COTS products.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated technical documents in support of a software development project.
- Experience developing in an Agile environment

Solution Architect

Summary: The Solution Architect works within the Strategic Solutions team within Corporate Growth (Marketing and Sales). The primary mission of our organization is to partner with the Group business teams to shape the development of differentiated and executable solutions that improve SRA’s win probability for all strategic (generally >$50M) pursuits.

Job Description:
Works with proposal/capture manager to provide technical volume leadership for large capture and proposal efforts to secure new or re-compete contracts, or task order business. Provides technical solution leadership during the development of complex proposals and serves as a technical volume or section lead author to create a compelling proposal response. Engaged in large (>$50 M), strategic, and complex proposal efforts, including solution-oriented proposals; Leads teams in developing capture strategy and proposal responses including business and technical solutions for opportunities; Ensures the integration of business elements into the solution and the proposal; interacts with teammates in developing capture/proposal strategies and solutions; identifies potential customers, competitive assessments, teaming suppliers, and prices-to-win; participates in bid and proposal activities. Coaches and develops other technical staff and authors during proposal development efforts; Serves as a leader in discussions and negotiations with customers; Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may direct the work of other staff members. Supports staff development through career mentoring and skill training. Serves as an advisor to less experienced solution architects during capture and proposal activities.

In this role, you will:
- Design and develop IT architecture (integrated process, applications, data and technology) solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. Responsible for technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications.
- Support capture and proposal efforts to secure new or re-compete contracts, or task order business. Assists in developing capture strategy including business and technical solution for pursuit of opportunities; identifies potential customers, competitive assessments, teaming suppliers, and prices-to-win; participates in bid and proposal activities.
- Develop resource, time estimates and project schedules for assigned tasks. Monitor the progress of assigned tasks. Coordinate software development activities to ensure timely delivery of services with high quality. Provide status updates to team, management, client and other project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Mentor personnel assigned to varying projects.

The Major Objectives of this job include:
1) Support pre-RFP technical solutioning to uniquely position SRA in our field of competitors
2) Lead proposal solution development for a volume or section, including theming, alignment and writing to establish a clear and compelling case for SRA
3) Develop cost-competitive, strategic solutions that highlight SRA’s differentiated capabilities, innovation and experience and are executable upon award

The biggest challenge is communicating (largely through writing and graphics) clearly differentiated solutions that set SRA apart. This environment is challenging but extremely rewarding. The pace of engagment can be unpredictable (at the whim of federal procurements) however this team will have maximum flexibility between proposal engagements.

The best employees are good writers who are comfortable leading technical teams in a "best idea wins" environment. They understand how to identify customer mission drivers and then identify creative technical solutions that solve them.
Required: Degree Bachelors
Required: Basic Qualifications - 10+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated expertise with proposal writing, including ability to lead technical volumes and sections
- Expert and nuanced communication ability in a small team-lead role
- Capable of providing solution leadership across complex and multifaceted solutions -with core experience in either software or infrastructure solutions (or both)
- Ability to partner with stakeholders and lead/mentor other senior professionals with diverse experience and skill sets
- Expertise developing technical solutions for proposals (including developing outlines) and leading storyboarding
- Ability to develop a basis of estimate and support competitive pricing for a variety of solutions
- Experience supporting proposal development for Federal Government agencies and clients
- Experience as a technical lead or in another small-team execution lead role

Sr. Mid-Tier/ Web Logic System Administrator

Required Responsibilities
--------------------------
• Acts as technical lead and provides direction on technical support work related to ERP application processes.
• Performs installation, monitoring, performance management and troubleshooting tasks, is responsible for the planning and implementation of special projects such as application servers, portal, single sign on, identity managers, and other solution components.
• Responsible for hardware sizing and third party product integration. Develops Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and other technical documentation for production support activities.
• Possesses intimate knowledge of Oracle Fusion Middleware products including, Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle HTTP Server, and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition.
• Demonstrates a basic understanding of the Oracle Database and how to troubleshoots communication issues between Oracle Fusion Middleware and the database.
• Possesses experience with project scheduling and agile project management methodology.
• Able to work with other teams and subject matter experts to investigate and resolve issues.
• Demonstrates experience with troubleshooting issues using Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control

SOA Architect/Developer

Job Description:

This individual will primarily be responsible for developing, enhancing, communicating and implementing web services and J2EE system enhancements for the JABS project. This individual will be expected to take requirements and/or specifications and translate them into UML design diagrams, and then implement them through either J2EE code or using the Oracle SOA Suite toolset.

The developer will fulfill Software Change Requests affecting functionality in the core systems or supporting 3-tier applications. Identify technical risks and develop mitigation strategies. Develop unit test code with jUnit and similar nUnit libraries. Implement functional changes with the Java programming language and support integration and acceptance testing. The individual will also support changes through the creation of system documentation and UML diagrams.

Contact: PM me with the requisition number or one of the job titles listed above before you apply and I can put you in the referral queue. HR uses a separate applicant system for referrals, so I'll need to manually submit you myself.

Additional stuff: Full disclosure: I get a referral bonus for most positions, but not all of them. Either way, qualified candidates can bypass the keyword algorithms and speak with a recruiter within a couple of days of resume submission. This company has pretty decent benefits for a government contractor: incredibly cheap PPO, 3 weeks PTO, $6250/yr in tution reimbursement, certification reimbursement, maternity/paternity leave, free LT/SD disability and life insurance, 401k with 50% match up to 6%. Pretty flexible telecommuting policy as well.

psydude fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 3, 2014

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

My experience: 5-6 years in the industry. Mainly working with Fed Gov stuff (i.e. a little slow with 2008R2) But it doesn't matter because I'm sick of being slowly entrenched into a desktop admin when that's now where I shine (more of that in the second part). CCNA, Security+, A+, and a DoD secret good for several more years. Oh no paper certs, I play with this poo poo in my spare time because for some sick twisted reason the Cisco IOS makes me happy.

I finished the required course for VCP-DCV5. I'll be taking that before the end of the year. I have several years experience with VMware but they pulled our level access to vCenter a while back so that's one of the reasons for frustration where I currently am.

What I'm looking for: WAN and Virtualization. I want to get into Fibre Channel, current SAN technologies and typing them all together. I'm talking about Nexus with MDS and all the ESXi sexiness. I have some familiarization with BGP. Less with MPLS- but it's more with what I'm looking for. Put me in a white room with a plenum floor and the smell of ozone and I'm happy.

What I'm NOT looking for: Chained to my desk resetting passwords through AD and messing with policy. No more help desk. I don't mind ticket-based work but I don't want to spend another 10 minutes teaching a user how to un-collapse their email list in outlook.

Where I live: Stafford, VA. Willing to relocate in the area provided the earnings coincide with the location.

Where I'm looking: In order: NGEN @ Quantico (If you're in NoVA IT you know about this), Stafford, Fredericksburg, Manassas, Ashburn, Fairfax, D.C.

When I can start: Now.

Requirements: Need standard PTO package (I have kids). Full benefits that aren't complete crap.

Can be reached via: PM and I'll toss a link to my resume on google drive.

Shift work is do-able.

Lastly I want to reiterate, This is part of a long term goal plan of mine, We're talking almost 10 years to get here and where I want to be (pushing more Cisco, diving into JunOS and Brocade, ASA, VMware, UCS, and all kinds of acronyms that are in this mesh.)

OhDearGodNo fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Sep 30, 2014

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

JOB OPENING

We're a 15-person startup in Mountain View, California that makes consumer hardware. (I am being coy about who, exactly, but we are not in stealth mode and are actually shipping product).

I know we're hiring for at least two positions:

* Android devleoper
* "Algorithms"

For the android job, we want someone experienced with "a solid CS" background. You would be working on our company's main app, as well as smaller apps that show off what our product can do. You'd probably also be working on the SDK.

For the algorithms job, you'd be working with me and the other algorithms guy. In the 9 months I've been with this company I've done:
* statistical analysis
* signal processing
* numerical linear algebra
* numerical analysis
* 3d geometry
* even more statistics

This is primarily C, in a specialized computing environment, but some projects are C++, with the occasional python for prototyping and other offline work. We want someone with solid math chops who can also code and work in a team.

PM me for details.

ETA: firmware people always welcome, maybe same for iOS developers, what'll it hurt to PM? :)

fritz fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Oct 7, 2014

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

My job is killing me, and I just love programming. I'm highly interested in getting into more remote type work so I can split my game development time and professional work time better. I'd love to break into even a junior position doing app development. I'm a VERY motivated person, and not afraid to get outside of my comfort zone to get the job done.

My experience: 3 years Hobby game development in objective-c and then onto c# /Unity. Ran successful kickstarter for a game (nearing completion), as well as work in community management for over a year.
What I'm looking for: App development or general software. Would love remote work. Willing to (and appreciates) learning new things.
Where I live: Vancouver, WA
Where I'm looking: Anywhere on the West Coast
When I can start: 1 month from contact.
Requirements: Remote work preferred, but not required. would prefer full time, but part time could work depending on the position/duties/rate.
Can be reached via: email: coldricegames@gmail.com

RE: game development experience

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coldricegames/interstellaria
http://coldricegames.com/
https://twitter.com/ColdRice_Dev

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Sylink posted:

Crossposting from the job thread in the Business forum -

Here you go http://mojojojo.theresumator.com/apply/Oy7N2y/Weekend-Linux-Engineer.html

Weekend Linux Engineer

The company I work for is looking linux system engineer to add to our support team. Are you a jack of all trades or perhaps very familiar with the items on this short list?

- Xen Virtualization
- Hosting Magento eCommerce stores
- Hosting PHP-based software
- cPanel (we are working on getting rid of this !)
- Nginx
- Apache
- Centos 5/6
- Work on various projects
- Motivated and able to learn on your own (we won't leave you hanging though!)
- Strong social skills to work with customers from our around the world to resolve their server issues
- Linux command line skills

For this position, you would be working the weekend shift, mostly alone, to answer tickets as they come in from customers. Other work may be assigned based on skillset/need and scheduled maintenance tasks. This is not on call and you will be expected to respond to all customer tickets promptly within the company SLA. Support is primarily via e-mail but some phone support may be required. Work is also remote so any candidate is expected to have a reliable internet connection and the equipment necessary to use it (i.e. a computer).

Problem solving and following through are the most important things you will be doing. New and exciting issues come up every day and we don't have a manual for every single one. You will be expected to use your brain and think creatively to find solutions and work with the rest of our team if needed to keep our customers happy.

This is open again in case anyone cares.

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

I am looking to hire three DevOps Engineers in either NYC or Austin, TX. Job description from the careers page is below with a caveat that I didn't write it. What I'm looking for is a person who's strong in Linux, knows Python or Ruby decently well, isn't afraid to learn new things or change the way they think about something, and can balance pragmatism with idealism. That is, you need to have good judgement on when to pick battles - saying you'd want to rip out Puppet and replace it with Ansible without outlining why Puppet isn't working for us or why Ansible would be better would throw up All The Red Flags, particularly if you trivialize the amount of time it would take to rewrite all our Puppet manifests (underestimation is a pet peeve of mine), but explaining why you would want to substitute HAProxy for Nginx or vice versa and being able to back it up is great, for example. I personally do not get hung up on a lack of prior experience with particular technologies unless you just don't know anything about Linux or VMware. I came into my position here having never used Puppet and not knowing a drat thing about JVM tuning, but I was given the opportunity to learn on the job and that's the kind of courtesy I want to extend to anyone else who has promise.

Reasons to come work here:
  • company is IPOing soon so there's always the chance of $$$
  • in March we're moving from lovely offices to substantially less lovely offices near Penn Station, except that it's in kind of a food desert so Seamless is going to get a lot of use there
  • we're completely overhauling our tech stack and laying the groundwork for our new PaaS that will be powered by Docker, Mesos and Marathon, so if you want to come play with some new toys this could be a place to do it
  • the Tech organization is around 100-150 people, so there aren't any nameless faces or worker drones (i.e., you will get to know people and people will get to know you, and you will very quickly have the opportunity to make a difference and contribute)

Feel free to send me a PM with questions.

DevOps Engineer
http://www.yodlecareers.com/jobs/new-york/systems-engineer/
Responsibilities
  • Build, monitor, and maintain PostgreSQL database architect
  • Configure and administer a variety of virtualized (VMWare) environments
  • Develop automated deployment mechanisms using Puppet, Foreman, Zookeeper, and similar tools
  • Monitor application performance and assure uptime
  • Identify disaster scenarios; plan and test recovery
  • Perform backups and test backups via restore
  • Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
  • Configure and maintain firewalls, routers and load-balancers
  • Create and execute scripts to perform needed system functions
  • Create templates which manage entire system lifecycle
  • Perform general system maintenance: OS updates and upgrades, file system, user administration
  • Manage and maintain database servers
  • Install, configure and manage storage arrays
Qualifications
  • Extensive Linux system administration experience
  • Deep experience with PostgreSQL (design, configuration, replication, backups, tuning)
  • Deep knowledge of Linux (file systems, network stack, etc.)
  • Working knowledge of VMWare virtualization Tools
  • Strong scripting skills (Bash, Python, Perl)
  • Extensive knowledge of the IP protocol suite and associated troubleshooting
  • Experience with application monitoring tools, such as Zenoss or Nagios
  • Excellent communication and problem solving skills
  • Experience with enterprise storage arrays
  • Tomcat and/or JBoss exposure
  • Mercurial or other DAG SCM system
  • Cisco Networking Certification is a +
  • Puppet and/or Chef experience is highly desirable
  • MySQL, MSSQL
  • Experience in DevOps or a related technical area

chutwig fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 7, 2014

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
I have an opening for an entry level helpdesk/IT person within the next month. In the case that the position does become available I'll be looking to fill it ASAP, so the sooner you can get your resume to me, the better. Position would be based out of Raleigh, North Carolina, working from home 99% of the time.

Who shouldn't apply:
Anyone who has any experience whatsoever in helpdesk or IT. This is baby's first IT gig and I'd like to give someone a chance to get some experience and get their foot in the door in the field.

Qualifications:
Ability to troubleshoot common Windows issues
Decent grasp of how to work Office/Google Docs/Drive
If you have an understanding how to setup basic networks (think CCENT-ish level), that'd be great
Ability to act and communicate (verbally and written) with other staff and clients in a friendly, professional manner

Ideally I'd like to see that you've taken (or are taking) some classes or are working on some certifications or something. We're flexible and can work around a part-time college schedule.

Your duties:
System & network setup & monitoring
Answering helpdesk tickets & phone
Maintain internal & customer-facing knowledgebase/FAQ
Programming and data entry on our proprietary platform
Assist IT team with random projects

We will train you on anything specific you need to know for the job, and you'll have lots of opportunities to mess with all manner of things rather than be pigeonholed into sitting at a desk answering tickets about "why can't I get to the internet" for 40 hours a week. Salary will be competitive.

Any questions, feel free to PM me.

Edit: you do need to live in the Triangle at the very least for this.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Oct 29, 2014

bestbrents
Dec 2, 2002

Pillbug
I work for a retail software firm in Duluth, GA. We're currently looking to fill at least 3 dev positions because of some new business that has come up. Our main products are a point of sale that runs in some big theme parks, and a big data/analytics product that runs in some big grocery/retail chains. Most of the code is c++ and c#, along with some old windows scripting(jscript) and vb6 along with MSSQL.

What we're really looking for is jack of all trade types who will stick around for a while. Our products are very complex and it takes us a long time to train people, so we also want people we can get along with.

The people in charge of hiring will seriously consider anyone with development experience and familiarity with object-oriented programming and relational databases. We will teach you the specifics. Again, the important part is that you're willing to learn.

I'm not personally in charge of hiring, but if you PM me your resume I can get you a phone interview. I can also answer questions about the position and what the work environment is like. Pay here is about average for the area, as are benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k + matching, 13 days paid vacation IIRC)

Graphics
Jun 9, 2003

Edit: Started a new project, no longer for hire!

Graphics fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Nov 6, 2014

Dennis Kucinich
Apr 28, 2013
Certifications/Experience: A+ certified. I have 6-months of experience as an in-store/on-site PC technician at a large retail chain. I also had a short gig (3-months) doing tier 1 support for a web hosting company.

What I'm looking for: An entry-level job as a help desk or desktop support technician

What I'm not looking for: A call center or similar role where I'd be isolated from the rest of the IT department. I'd like to have the opportunity to observe and learn how to perform advanced duties.

Where I am: Orlando, FL area

When I can start: Almost immediately. I'd need to give notice to my current employer, but it's a part-time job, and I could easily have my remaining shifts covered.

Requirements: Full-time

Dennis Kucinich fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 27, 2014

KS
Jun 10, 2003
Outrageous Lumpwad
gone

KS fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jul 27, 2022

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005

KS posted:

Job Title:Sr. Systems Admin

Link to Apply: Clicky. PM me if you apply.

Responsibilities:
VMware
SAN storage
Servers
ZFS
IP telephony
Exchange/Lync
SCCM/GP
Anything else you have the drive to take on.

Pros
-Great boss. The best I've ever worked for.
-Talented, laid back team.
-Autonomy and control as long as you prove you're worth it.
-Decent IT budget. We don't cut corners. There are VMware and Microsoft ELAs and generally money's available when you can justify it.
-I just selected new servers and storage. Your first project would be the installation and migration.

Cons
-A lot of the "fun" poo poo is done. We're 100% virtualized and moved into a nice colo, and like I said, I just bought new infrastructure.
-The company is in an extremely tough industry and is not growing. Still, they're owned by a very big conglomerate and they think long-term.

If you're qualified and driven I recommend it.

Looks interesting.

Can you provide any information about the Employer?

Do they have a offer certification reimbursement?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I just got a blast for a good opportunity for a mid-career Security Engineer who wants to do 100% WFH. See my post on this same page for more information about the company itself. Send me a PM if you're interested and I'll submit you through our internal referral system.

Cyber Security Engineer

Group (WD): Health & Civil
Telecommuting Options: Telecommuting Allowed Full-Time
Position Work Location (WD): VA - HOME (VAHOME)
US Citizenship Required: Yes
Clearance Required: No

Daily Responsibilities:
Cyber Security Engineer responsible for providing operational and maintenance Information Assurance (IA) support on the Corporation for National & Community Services (CNCS) contract. Performs a wide variety of security engineering tasks to ensure an acceptable level of security is maintained for CNCS IT systems. Detects, assesses and reports network vulnerabilities using McAfee Vulnerability Manager. Uses Splunk to provide enterprise event logging and monitoring. Conducts incident/event investigation and analysis. Utilizes scanning products to validate and identify the system's security posture and network port status. Familiar with tools such as Nessus and Nmap to scan ports and identify vulnerabilities on the Production network. Practical experience with FISMA, NIST 800 series (Civil Government) required. Participates in the security engineering, validation testing of system configuration/hardening. Provides technical security support to Operations team. Supports security posture assessments. Maintains awareness of cyber trends, threats, and vulnerabilities. Develops, integrates and maintains security toolsets. Provides input to incident response functions when appropriate and coordinates activities with site personnel when directed by the client organization. Supports Information Assurance asset deployments, upgrades, and maintenance including servers, databases, network assets, and wireless LAN security. Recommends technological and architectural upgrades/modifications to client's Information Systems Security architecture. Performs Security Impact Analyses when required. Develops policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data. Conducts risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs. Conducts systems security evaluations, audits, and reviews. Participates in network and systems design to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies. Ensures the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all IT services.

Required: Degree: Bachelors
Required: Work Experience: 3-6 Years
Required: Responsibilities:
Detects, assesses and reports network vulnerabilities using McAfee Vulnerability Manager (MVM).
Uses Splunk to provide enterprise event logging and monitoring.
Conducts incident/event investigation and analysis.
Utilizes scanning products to validate and identify the system's security posture and network port status.
Familiar with tools such as Nessus and Nmap to scan ports and identify vulnerabilities on the Production network.

Desired: Skills Presentation skills. Experience with Nessus and Nmap.
Desired: Education: B.A.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

My experience In terms of actual IT experience I have spent the past year studying for and passing the A+. I've taken some CISCO classes at the local community college and am registered to take the N+ in December. I've built several home computer systems, and have helped set up basic SOHO networks working under the table for a friend. Aside from that I have a BA from a four year state school and have spent the last 3 years working as a Paralegal, so I am experienced in all things Microsoft Office.

What I'm looking for Help Desk, Desktop support, Network support technician. Anything to get my foot in the door really.

What I'm NOT looking for Call center, retail.

Where I live Gaithersburg, Maryland

Where I'm looking Anywhere in the Washington DC Metro Area

When I can start As soon as possible. Just need to give the appropriate notice to my current employer

Requirements Full Time, Health insurance. However, I am willing to do part time on a limited basis.

Can be reached via PM

Feral Bueller
Apr 23, 2004

Fun is important.
Nap Ghost
If you are a Senior Java Engineer in the Austin area, please take a look at the following job requisition that we're trying to fill:

RESPONSIBILITIES
  • Work with stakeholders to translate rough business needs / requirements into designs.
  • Build web applications and web services / APIs in Java.
  • Write unit tests ensuring maximum coverage.
  • Maintain and support codebases for existing systems.

REQUIREMENTS
  • Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field, or equivalent training, and professional experience
  • A minimum of 6 years’ experience working as a software engineer
  • Expert knowledge of CS fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
  • Advanced knowledge of enterprise architectures, and patterns
  • Experience with systems analysis, design, troubleshooting and debugging
  • Solid experience programming back-end web services and web applications
  • Excellent understanding of web-related technologies (e.g. HTTP, SOAP, REST, TCP / IP, DNS, Message Queuing)
  • Experience working in a team environment on multiple simultaneous projects
  • Experience in one of the following OO languages, Java, C#, or C++

PLUSES
  • Experience with Linux / UNIX, Apache, and Tomcat technologies
  • Experience designing for scale
  • Spring MVC
  • Experience with data modeling and RDBMS
  • OWASP or related security knowledge / training
Relocation is available. Please send me a PM.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Good luck. It takes us forever to find Java peeps like that in Austin.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
yup.

H110Hawk fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jul 11, 2022

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
My experience: 7+ years of desktop support, network support with the US Army and Reynolds and Reynolds. Also have A.A.S. in Cisco Networking from San Jacinto Junior College
What I'm looking for: A job that can get my foot in the door back into the IT world, preferably Data Center or NOC.
What I'm NOT looking for: Call Center
Where I live: Houston, TX (Can relocate)
Where I'm looking: Houston metropolitan area
When I can start: Pretty much as soon as possible, given appropriate notice for my current employer
Requirements: Health insurance, full time and overtime.
Can be reached via: PM, ross.bijak@gmail.com https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathanbijak/

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Are there any long distance jobs for an entry level coder? I can do C#/WPF and Java as of right now, and I can pick up anything similar.

I can't really do a call center job because my voice is not the most intelligible, and I can't drive. :(

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My workplace is hiring for programming jobs (mostly python) working on an openstack based.. uhh.. thing. Openstack familiarity probably helpful but not entirely needed.

Anyways yeah, if you are interested send me a PM and I can send you some jobvites to look at.

There's a bunch of positions open... QA, automation, engineering, etc from medium experience to senior.. There's also a product marketing position.

Located in SF, good pay/benefits, reasonably stable. Relocation paid for.

soy fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Nov 11, 2014

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
This is a really long shot, but what the hell. At the risk of coming across as an idiot:

I'm hunting for any gigs / part-time / freelance jobs in the two months of December and January. Only distance work, please. No call center.

I'm a MSc student in :canada:.

Skills: VHDL, Verilog, Common Lisp, Julia, C, assembly (PIC, x86, MSP430, other minor ones), Visual Basic (also VBA). Basic knowledge of databases, python, matlab.

Things I worked with are GIS, genetic programming, Excel macros and lots hardware stuff of various kinds, testing software and writing manuals. Also teaching, but that isn't too relevant.

Email: firefly@gmx.ca

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
I've got a friend who's an incredibly talented and smart but just got royally screwed over by her shady (ex) boss. She's used to doing content/social media stuff but she's got experience doing office work and PR work. I'm willing to vouch for her, although I suppose that doesn't mean much. She's looking for remote work/side jobs/anything that will allow her to keep feeding her adorable pets.

Email: amanda.e.reese@gmail.com or PM me for any questions or confirmation.

Pantology
Jan 16, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
My company, a midwestern VAR, has a few pre- and post-sales openings.

Technical Architect (Pre-Sales - IL, IA, WI, MI):

Position Purpose
The Pre-Sales Technical Architect (TA) assists account managers through formal technical presentations and technical design assistance of solution and service offerings to existing and prospective customers. The TA owns all technical aspects of a sales campaign and hand off to the consulting team; maintaining strong relationships with our customers.

General Summary
As a Pre-Sales Technical Architect (TA) you are a thought leader within the Engineering organization, responsible for designing, architecting, and, at times, consulting for (org) clients. (Org) is focused on core data center technologies including storage, networking, compute, virtualization, and data center management / automation. Your goal as a TA should be to build skills, relationships, and industry credibility across more than one of these segments to drive product and consulting sales.

You will work in partnership with one or more sales representatives to help build a cohesive account strategy for each existing and prospective client. As part of this strategy, you will help sales representatives identify potential technologies and vendors to partner with in a given account and assist in driving this strategy throughout a given campaign.

Time management and prioritization are essential attributes of a successful TA. Your goal is to evolve into the technical thought leader for each of your clients. In this capacity you will work to define strategy, compare and contrast alternative approaches, and build key relationships, as well as size and configure products. Positioning and leveraging subject matter experts and inside consultants is a necessity to scale your effectiveness within accounts.

Education is critical to your success at (Org). You are expected to continually educate not only yourself, but also our clients and your co-workers.

Roles and Responsibilities
  • Support the sales teams during engagements by providing advice and solutions or proposals optimized to meet customer technical and business requirements
  • Develops relationships with the account managers, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages team specialist resources as appropriate.
  • Strategizes and executes technical sales calls.
  • Completes required pre-sales documentation (configurations, pricing, services, presentations, justifications etc.) quickly and accurately.
  • Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, decision making process and funding.
  • Presents and markets the design and value of proposed (org) solutions and business justification to customers, prospects and (org) management.
  • Participates in mentorship of entry-level team members.
  • Possesses strong, detailed product / technology / industry knowledge. Knowledge of job associated software and applications.

------

Senior Data Center Engineer (Post-Sales - Chicago)

The Senior Data Center Engineer is subject matter expert with experience spanning virtualization, compute, network, and storage technologies. This person serves as a technical lead delivering data center transformation, virtual end-user computing, converged infrastructure, and cloud computing solutions, as well as performing as a cross-functional expert in consulting workshops.

Duties:
  • Assess, design, and implement enterprise data center solutions
  • Serve as a virtualization, compute, network, and storage subject matter expert in consulting strategy, design and plan, and prioritized action plan workshops
  • Perform customer-premises assessments and installations
  • Develop level-of-efforts and assist in high-level scoping of technical projects
  • Contribute to the definition and continuous refinement of delivery processes and documentation
  • Stay current with emerging technologies as they mature

Skills/Qualifications:
  • Extensive experience with VMware vSphere, including Enterprise Plus feature sets. VCP certification required, VCAP preferred.
  • Experience with VMware Site Recovery Manager.
  • Experience with HP or Cisco UCS blade server hardware
  • Experience with mid-tier storage systems (Clariion/VNX or NetApp). EMCISA or NCDA certification required, EMCIE or NCIE preferred.
  • Experience with Cisco data center switching (Catalyst 6500, Nexus 2k/5k/7k, Nexus 1000v). CCNA required, CCNP or CCIE preferred.
  • Experience with converged infrastructure platforms or reference architectures, such as Vblock, FlexPod, or VSPEX.
  • Experience with VMware View or Citrix XenDesktop. VCP-DT certification preferred.
  • Experience with cloud platforms such as VMware vCloud Automation Center or Cisco UCS Director

------

PM me with any questions. The DCE role is written overly-broad--deep experience in any one area is sufficient for consideration.

KennyG
Oct 22, 2002
Here to blow my own horn.
SQL DBA

Who we are:Clutch Group LLC

What we do:Legal and compliance services, big data analytics, e-discovery

Opening:Lead MS SQL Server DBA

Who we want:Smart, talented person who wants to manage 50+TB of relational SQL Server data supporting various applications across 3 continents.

Who we don't want:Certificate hoarder with no real desire to think and solve problems.

When we want you: Right away

Why you want us: Significant travel possible, global exposure, work from anywhere, growing company (125% last year), team of 2-3 reports, new hardware, major resources, amazing experience.

Responsibilities: Databases. All of them, globally. Backups, compliance, performance recommendations, database troubleshooting, operational management of direct reports.

Location: Flexible. Some training travel required, but pretty much anywhere we have an office (DC, CHI, NYC, London, Zurich, Bangalore India), and if you're awesome, we can talk about that too.

How to apply:KJ.Stillabower@clutchgroup.com

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:
Volunteer / Resume Builder Opportunity
Cat Petting and Desktop Support

Who we are: Tech support for Mid-Michigan Cat Rescue, we built this website from scratch.

What we do: Mostly consumer-level desktop support, maybe some web development if you want.

Opening: Turnkey operation, please take over all the computers.

Who we want: Anyone comfortable providing tech support for old ladies and cat people and old ladies

When we want you: Now.

Who we don't want: Geeks who put their own self-importance above customer service. We don't want an Apple enthusiast who thinks the solution to everything is calling Genius and spending money, a Linux nerd who will talk about recompiling kernels at length, or anyone whose tech knowledge is so out of date that they toss around jokes about how Object-Oriented Programming is just a fad. I've rejected offers from all these people.

Responsibilities, Required:
-Desktop support from installing computers to working Gmail (Windows OS)
-Mild networking support, aka call Comcast when their connection breaks
-Must be willing to clean cat piss and hairballs out of computer cases, don't worry I'm allergic too it's not so bad
-Mild mobile support, like working Gmail on a phone (Android)
-Cat Lady Helpdesk

Responsibilities, Optional:
-A willingness to do the cat rescue part and scoop poop is appreciated (but the job can be done 90% remotely)
-You can have the website as well if you can code or want to learn HTML/CSS/jQuery, it's really easy stuff

Why You Want Us:
-All the cats you can pet.
-Turnkey operation, once we're assured you won't sell the cat ladies' personal information to Zimbabwe, it's your ship.
-Volunteering, good feels, build that resume, etc.
-This operation is primed to grow, expanding to a new location immediately.
-Currently all-volunteer, this non-profit may grow to the point of paid positions in the next few years (not guaranteed, just giving you a feel for the size and level of stability).

Location: Mid-Michigan, main location is currently just off the highway in Grand Ledge, will be moving closer to Lansing directly off 96.

How to apply: tech@midmichigancatrescue.org and please do initiate conversation

edit: Haha you guys got me, of course this is a joke post. Cats are not known for getting into places they're unwanted, and of course there are never occasions when computers and animals share spaces, let alone to imagine that animals would eliminate inappropriately! What a riot. Thanks for playing, though. I'll just leave this up so we can all remember what a good laugh we had.

revdrkevind fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 20, 2014

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

revdrkevind posted:

-Must be willing to clean cat piss and hairballs out of computer cases, don't worry I'm allergic too it's not so bad
How does this even happen.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Oh I thought that was a joke posting

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FISHMANPET posted:

How does this even happen.

Old cat with a UTI sleeps on the computer is how! :catbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I think it's funny that you have to clean up cat piss and deal with crazy cat ladies but no you can't be a stereotypical "computer guy." Good luck with that. Any decent computer guy with people skills isn't going to want to work with a bunch of crazy cat ladies.