Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

How did Joe Buck marry an NFL cheerleader? :psyduck:

Probably by being rich and famous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
wrong thread!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
N: Schefter saying both Bortles and Bridgewater will start next week

V:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Chargers get a rookie QB on a horrific team?

:getin:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Chargers get a rookie QB on a horrific team?

:getin:

Have you no magic in your heart?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

Have you no magic in your heart?

I really really like the way my team looks right now

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
News: http://thebiglead.com/2014/09/21/eagles-and-redskins-brawl-video-nick-foles-got-drilled/

Views: Someone is getting a suspension. And those refs aren't sniffing the postseason for a thousand years. Easily the worst-called game of the season. e: for reasons unrelated to this hit, they got this one mostly right somehow. Peters probably should not have been ejected for taking a swing at Baker considering that Baker dragged him by the facemask to the sideline after the cheap shot.

Still, 3-0 with a chance to go 3-1 next week when we face San Francisco without an o-line.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Not that I really care, but happened to my.Redzone thread? Did it go to the gas chamber?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

blue squares posted:

Not that I really care, but happened to my.Redzone thread? Did it go to the gas chamber?

Got renamed to show it's where the non-Bronco/Seahawk posters should post.

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

blue squares posted:

Renamed, and christened the Late Game Thread For Games That Aren't Broncos/Seahawks

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3666511

edit: motherfucker

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

So, I remember reading some tweet in the past couple weeks (probably pasted here), about there not being a person named Andy who has caught a pass in X number of years. I thought to myself when I read that, "hmm, how likely is it that the Bengals ever do a HB Pass/Reverse to Dalton... nah, never gonna happen"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Hockles posted:

So, I remember reading some tweet in the past couple weeks (probably pasted here), about there not being a person named Andy who has caught a pass in X number of years. I thought to myself when I read that, "hmm, how likely is it that the Bengals ever do a HB Pass/Reverse to Dalton... nah, never gonna happen"

I can't wait to meet the Bengals in the Super Bowl.

Sorry about what happens next though.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I think the Bengals might actually win the Superbowl now. They're my favorite to win it at least.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Kawalimus posted:

I think the Bengals might actually win the Superbowl now. They're my favorite to win it at least.

It's still the seahawks hth

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Chichevache posted:

I can't wait to meet the Bengals in the Super Bowl.

Sorry about what happens next though.

No need to be sorry for Andy Dalton styling on the Seahawks.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lessail posted:

It's still the seahawks hth

Idiot, their QB can both throw and catch touchdowns

Also Drew Stanton QB controversy incoming

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Hue Jackson tends to run the most fun offenses in the league.

When he was coaching the Raiders there would usually be ridiculously amazing poo poo called most games.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
36 penalties for 303 yards through 3 games. gently caress everything.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Ostentatious posted:

Hue Jackson tends to run the most fun offenses in the league.

When he was coaching the Raiders there would usually be ridiculously amazing poo poo called most games.

I hope if Allen gets fired that Hue is brought back. As long as he has no GM duties he has been the only likeable coach employed by the Raiders if you don't count those four games where Kiffen stopped giving a gently caress.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Well now I know what Tony's talking about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6XOwscW6ws

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

I hope if Allen gets fired that Hue is brought back. As long as he has no GM duties he has been the only likeable coach employed by the Raiders if you don't count those four games where Kiffen stopped giving a gently caress.

Tom "I'll punch a motherfucker, I give no shits" Cable was pretty cool and good.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
My father in law is in the hospital awaiting surgery:

(she meant 126/80 not 20 but whatever lol)

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Sep 22, 2014

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
^^^^ that's some high book pressure.

Spoeank posted:

36 penalties for 303 yards through 3 games. gently caress everything.

I was rooting for the Cards but those back to back personal fouls in the 3rd q were p much bullshit. Unfortunately, that'll get buried because the 9ers love them some headbutting after the play.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Abugadu posted:

^^^^ that's some high book pressure.

I was rooting for the Cards but those back to back personal fouls in the 3rd q were p much bullshit. Unfortunately, that'll get buried because the 9ers love them some headbutting after the play.

I'm really surprised Stanton didn't get concussed on that play. I was at the game and it looked terrible, I don't know why it shouldn't have been a penalty.

Patrick Peterson totally led with his head on a play later though and it wasn't called so yeah the calls for the most part were pretty bad

Don't worry there's no QB controversy, Carson Palmer is better and is destined to face the Bengals in the first home Super Bowl

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Austin Davis is like 50x more watchable than Sam Bradford.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

kicker: eliminated

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

Bengals to lose the superbowl, check.

I'll get ready to take all my dads shoestrings now.

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord

wheez the roux posted:

kicker: eliminated

*nods sagely

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
I missed the Cards game due to being nowhere near AZ this week. Looked on ESPN after the game was over, was totally stunned to see they won. :toot: SB homefield here we come! :toot:

Edit: SD/AZ superbowl would be great, but would end my marriage I think. :ohdear:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
At least the Packers D only gave up 10 points this week.

I gotta grasp at something. This team blows.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Did anyone ever find out if this dude was injured injured?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Bengals to lose the superbowl, check.

I'll get ready to take all my dads shoestrings now.

Someone has forgotten that Kawalimus is a prophet.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
He went out for the rest of the game and is being evaluated tomorrow.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Volkerball posted:

Did anyone ever find out if this dude was injured injured?

There was a shot of him on the sideline shortly afterward with a big wrap around his knee containing an ice bag.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Ozu posted:

Austin Davis is like 50x more watchable than Sam Bradford.

Yeah he is. I'm now a Davis fan just for how he reacted to Jared Cook flipping the gently caress out on him for some reason after Cook dropped a perfectly thrown TD pass :confused:

Imagine how much play that clip would be getting on ESPN over the next week if that happened between a QB/top receiver combo that people cared about.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Menamino posted:

Yeah he is. I'm now a Davis fan just for how he reacted to Jared Cook flipping the gently caress out on him for some reason after Cook dropped a perfectly thrown TD pass :confused:

Imagine how much play that clip would be getting on ESPN over the next week if that happened between a QB/top receiver combo that people cared about.

had to find a gif of this know what you were talking about and this gif is amazing

loving 14 in the background clapping the whole time

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sweeper posted:

had to find a gif of this know what you were talking about and this gif is amazing

Cook did that after dropping a TD pass in the endzone? What a loving rear end in a top hat. I dont know who Hayes is but I'm glad he stood up for his team's rookie QB.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Sweeper posted:

I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or its done in earnest. Like that kid who told the Lakers "good hustle guys" after they lost one of the finals games a couple years back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

let's take cook's car

he won't be needing it

• Locked thread