Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I'm surprised the game could render all those Mini-Mephileseseses without chugging into oblivion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lord_Ventnor posted:

"Hey, I know we haven't seen each other in a long time, but I'm gonna need you to sit still for a million years.

You okay with that? Cool."

He figured it was a good way out of the game.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Man.

I'm impressed with Sonic '06.

I mean, I know they had bad voice acting, but they managed to ruin monotone robot.

(Omega was alright in Sonic Heroes. Here, no.)

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
I have to say I approve of "Batwoman" as a nickname, as this game is about the same quality as Wild World of Batwoman.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Ometeotl posted:

I'm surprised the game could render all those Mini-Mephileseseses without chugging into oblivion.

Maybe they were cheating and didn't give them physics? Because if the game can choke on a couple hundred low poly apples that are just sitting around, there's no way these things shouldn't have crushed it. There's something I didn't expect to see in this game: Semi competent programming.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Do Omega's shoulder pads jiggle?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

pointlessone posted:

Maybe they were cheating and didn't give them physics? Because if the game can choke on a couple hundred low poly apples that are just sitting around, there's no way these things shouldn't have crushed it. There's something I didn't expect to see in this game: Semi competent programming.

The clones were probably placeholders but replacing them would have been game-breaking, so they just didn't gently caress with it. It's not competence as much as too lazy to hurt themselves.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Camel Pimp posted:

I have to say I approve of "Batwoman" as a nickname, as this game is about the same quality as Wild World of Batwoman.

Certainly they invoke similar sentiments.

http://youtu.be/u_nPp64OrBc

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm just gonna summarise what that wrestling match reminded me of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sclKktO3ls#t=701

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Was that seriously the same Maestro from WCW or did someone just eat that guy and gain his title? Also I loved that innovative inverted tree of woe there at the end of the video.

Also Sonic '06 is a pretty sweet game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

chiasaur11 posted:

Man.

I'm impressed with Sonic '06.

I mean, I know they had bad voice acting, but they managed to ruin monotone robot.

(Omega was alright in Sonic Heroes. Here, no.)

This was like the second game made after 4Kids got the license to Sonic X and Sega decided to save money by just using that cast for the games.

The first was, funnily enough, SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG.

The 4Kids stable actually has some decent voice actors, if you watch some non-4Kids stuff they're in, mainly the dub of the anime Slayers that used the same studio, but I think they're just directed badly in stuff like this. Things like bad takes being left in seems to support this.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Waffleman_ posted:

The 4Kids stable actually has some decent voice actors, if you watch some non-4Kids stuff they're in, mainly the dub of the anime Slayers that used the same studio, but I think they're just directed badly in stuff like this. Things like bad takes being left in seems to support this.

I woke up early this morning and actually caught like, 5 minutes of Sonic X which is still on the air for some reason despite having premiered almost 10 years ago now. The voice acting isn't much better there, and I think it's like you said; the direction is just bad. I dunno if it's a translation thing or maybe the interns got assigned to it or what, but there just wasn't much to it.

I think we're coming up on the best bad take that was left in soon in Shadow's story. :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Like, compare this scene from Slayers featuring Lisa Ortiz, Amy's voice actor to her performance as Amy herself.

I mean, Slayers is still a bit cheesy, but it works.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The final boss in Sonic Generations is loving baffling. I still don't know exactly what I did to beat it, at least as far as why what I did worked sometimes but not the other times I did the same thing.

See mrp this guy knows what i'm talking about.

Only neat part about the ending was the swerve. DR. ROBOTNIK!!!!!!!!!!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Niggurath posted:

Was that seriously the same Maestro from WCW or did someone just eat that guy and gain his title? Also I loved that innovative inverted tree of woe there at the end of the video.

Also Sonic '06 is a pretty sweet game.

They are one in the same. He's technically not the Maestro anymore because WWE owns that name after buying WCW, so he's officially the Stro, but the announcers in NWA MSW sometimes call him Maestro because they are bad. Sometimes they call him Stro, sometimes he's Stro The Maestro of Wrestling, sometimes he's Maestro The Stro of Wrestling and if I remember that video right he's Maestro the Maestro of Wrestling. He used to be Gorgeous George III because he was the nephew or something of the original, but he sold those rights to WCW (they wanted the name for Macho Man's brother but ended up giving it to his girlfriend.)

This has been your Maestro the Stro of Wrestling update.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

HulkaMatt posted:

See mrp this guy knows what i'm talking about.

Only neat part about the ending was the swerve. DR. ROBOTNIK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never had any problems with generations final boss. I just dodged his attacks and charged at him, like you do in every sonic game that has Super Sonic.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I beat the final boss pretty quick but I legitimately have no what I did differently in my 4th attempt when I actually won.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Waffleman_ posted:

This was like the second game made after 4Kids got the license to Sonic X and Sega decided to save money by just using that cast for the games.

Not quite. The previous voice of Eggman died, and Sega liked the guy 4kids was using, so they wanted to get him for the games too (incidentally, he was the only voice not recast when Sega got rid of the 4kids voice actors for Colors, but 4kids would only allow it if Sega took ALL the 4kids VAs from Sonic X.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I know some people have been looking forward to this, we've got gems. Late in Sonic's story he gets to buy gems that give him super powers. Let's check out the first three, use them to beat some side quests and marvel at the worst side quest in the game. gently caress.

Part 22 (Gems and THE WORST SIDEQUEST): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlbRFDCOgvU

Edit: Sound fixed in video

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 22, 2014

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Whilst enjoyable as always, the sound in this video is pretty wonky. You and Hulkamatt are in different headphone sides again and halfway through, Hulkamatt gets really quiet and the game audio starts drowning him out.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Crosspeice posted:

Whilst enjoyable as always, the sound in this video is pretty wonky. You and Hulkamatt are in different headphone sides again and halfway through, Hulkamatt gets really quiet and the game audio starts drowning him out.

I got distracted by an actual paying gig and forgot to edit the audio at all. New upload coming a bit later tonight! Thanks for pointing that out.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

MassRafTer posted:

I got distracted by an actual paying gig and forgot to edit the audio at all. New upload coming a bit later tonight! Thanks for pointing that out.

To be fair the original upload was putting in at least as much effort as Sonic Team did for this game, if not possibly more.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Watching the whole video it's only [LOADING SCREEN] in the middle it's a [LOADING SCREEN] problem, everything was fine [LOADING SCREEN] by the end (I think [LOADING SCREEN] I'm getting used to having [LOADING SCREEN] you two talk to each of my [LOADING SCREEN] ears)

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs
I really feel like this game started with a decent development team and they almost got the basic game engine working and built their tools. Then they all died in a plane crash and a bunch of interns finished it off with a one week deadline.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Here's a better sounding version!

Part 22: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlbRFDCOgvU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

:psyduck: They made something worse and dumber than the apples, an impressively awful feat. I mean I know it's Sonic 06 but goddamn.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Soop posted:

To be fair the original upload was putting in at least as much effort as Sonic Team did for this game, if not possibly more.

Given that I took a bunch of parts that seemingly fit together and just rushed to release it with no quality control because I got another assignment it's very much in the style of Sonic 06.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

:psyduck: They made something worse and dumber than the apples, an impressively awful feat. I mean I know it's Sonic 06 but goddamn.

I played the Apple Festival half a dozen times, I'd play it half a dozen more before I played Aristo's Challenge again.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
They did this same challenge 12 years earlier in Super Mario RPG and it was better than this. :psyduck:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Patter Song posted:

They did this same challenge 12 years earlier in Super Mario RPG and it was better than this. :psyduck:

Now Loading...
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.

Sonic 2006 is a treasure

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
SO I'm just wondering: just how long have we been staring at loading screens in this LP?
Pokecapn and co spent a good two loving hours in their LP and it feels like we passed that marker a long time ago.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, we're also doing every sidequest, so we're seeing like three times the load screens.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, we're also doing every sidequest, so we're seeing like three times the load screens.

I don't know, Pokecapn died way more, the two playthroughs might end up tied.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I'm pretty sure completed boxes just grow organically in Soleanna.

Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

Man, worse than apple barrels? Haha you must be exaggerating, this can't

possibly

be...

:stare:

:gonk:

Speaking of laziness, I suspect that the sole reason Elise gets kidnapped so much is that they animated it once, and decided it would be easier to use it as a transition between levels than to come up with anything new. It's more generous than believing they intended her to do nothing but get kidnapped ten times.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Sonic 2006 is a treasure

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Echo Cian posted:

Speaking of laziness, I suspect that the sole reason Elise gets kidnapped so much is that they animated it once, and decided it would be easier to use it as a transition between levels than to come up with anything new. It's more generous than believing they intended her to do nothing but get kidnapped ten times.

Oh come on, you know as well as everyone else she was always intended to be a MacGuffin and nothing more.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Oh come on, you know as well as everyone else she was always intended to be a MacGuffin and nothing more.

She is the 8th Chaos Emerald that lets Sonic and Friends turn into Chaos Shin Gaijin Super Sonic.

Not CSGS Sonic and Friends. They all become Sonic, because Sonic Team didn't want to make too many more models.

All of these forms share a model with Silver, just recolored.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Echo Cian posted:

No, I think that they really wanted us to care about her. The problem with that is that is requires her to interact with the main cast regularly. Of course they need her to get kidnapped to get the plot moving and to give Sonic a motivation to do stuff. So that results in her getting rescued so she and Sonic can bond and then her getting kidnapped because they can't really think of any other motivation for Sonic to do stuff.

As a result, she held the title of the single worst insult to women in video games from 2006 to 2010 where the title was passed on to everything in Metroid: Other M.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Sep 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

David D. Davidson posted:

As a result, she held the title of the single worst insult to women in video games from 2006 to 2010 where the title was passed on to everything in Metroid: Other M.

Be fair now, that black guy was pretty cool. The rest was terrible.

• Locked thread