Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Arnold of Soissons posted:

So I went to find the new Gauntlet in my games list, and "Gauntlet Quest" was there. It doesn't have a store page, only a steamdb entry http://steamdb.info/app/229690/

So I installed it and it gave me this:
Which wound up being this:

Man I love titles that look like impacted poop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

and now it's back around to sheep Lemmings
http://store.steampowered.com/app/260330/
"Professional" review quote:
“in a very good position to be loved by many”

What kind of position is that?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Being on Steam?

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

SynthOrange posted:

Man I love titles that look like impacted poop.

if you also enjoy random textures popping in and out then you really should get it.

it happens all the time so there is really Something for Everyone!™

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

if you also enjoy random textures popping in and out then you really should get it.

Isn't that just a line of sight/lighting mechanic?

e; oh, the purple squares. Fair enough.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Isn't that just a line of sight/lighting mechanic?

e; oh, the purple squares. Fair enough.
To be fair, it's an abandoned game that they never charged anyone for, so I'm just being a dick picking on it. But yeah the floor textures change enough that you think it's on purpose, but it's not. The line of sight also messes up in interesting ways sometimes.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SelenicMartian posted:

"Professional" review quote:
“in a very good position to be loved by many”

What kind of position is that?
"Modern clone of a classic genre-defining game"

Rage McDougal
Jul 28, 2013

Lance Streetman posted:

I still have trouble believing the Red Faction games are made by the same devs as Saints Row.

My CD case for Jazz Jackrabbit 2 proudly stated that it was "from the creators of Unreal". Because a dev's experience with violent FPSes is exactly what I'm looking for in my kid-friendly platformer.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

pentyne posted:

Just the fact that all the current positive reviews have users with anime avatars should be an indication of who the game appeals to.
VNs appeal to anime fans? Shocking.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Rage McDougal posted:

My CD case for Jazz Jackrabbit 2 proudly stated that it was "from the creators of Unreal". Because a dev's experience with violent FPSes is exactly what I'm looking for in my kid-friendly platformer.
It's better that saying "from the creators of Jill of the Jungle".

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Did anyone pick up a cheapo copy of RE5 on steam while it was on sale? Wanted to pick it up for a friend, but I'm like a few weeks too late.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Rage McDougal posted:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

That gimmick's getting real loving irritating.

Nevett
Aug 31, 2001

Whatever happened to GameQuoter?

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

tithin posted:

No it's not! :colbert: And isn't manga read right to left, unlike comics?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Im_Special posted:

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

tithin posted:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

:argh: NITE KREW HOUSE :argh:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Doroile did you actually pay for that program or was it a gift or what

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It was a gift...from the heavens.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Doroile did you actually pay for that program or was it a gift or what

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Aren't you stuck just using premade poses and premade 3D models? Can you even import custom models? I don't think you can actually manipulate the poses at all like with other 3D rendering programs or even something like gmod, I think you're just stuck with a static 3D statue that you can rotate and attach a speech bubble to

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Im_Special posted:

FirstAidKite posted:

Aren't you stuck just using premade poses and premade 3D models? Can you even import custom models? I don't think you can actually manipulate the poses at all like with other 3D rendering programs or even something like gmod, I think you're just stuck with a static 3D statue that you can rotate and attach a speech bubble to

ookiimarukochan fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Sep 22, 2014

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i go to this thread any time i see an anime game get released just to see the complaining and now i get to enjoy more complaining about some dumb comicmaker program so this is all pretty good for me

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I like Freak Futanari's posts because those comics are filled with funny little details in the backgrounds. I feel like ookiimarukochan is just putting some text in a box and calling it a day. Better utilize your visual medium!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
The funniest part is that they both probably paid like $50 apiece just for that gimmick.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

The funniest part is that they both probably paid like $50 apiece just for that gimmick.

If it makes goons constantly mad about anime it's worth it, that's the best part of the steam thread.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Mr E posted:

If it makes goons constantly mad about anime it's worth it, that's the best part of the steam thread.

:colbert:

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

tithin posted:

Wrong.

Never stop.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I like Freak Futanari's posts because those comics are filled with funny little details in the backgrounds. I feel like ookiimarukochan is just putting some text in a box and calling it a day. Better utilize your visual medium!

King Vidiot posted:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
People just fear this new age of posting.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I'm okay with ookii doing it because they put the pictures in timg tags. v:shobon:v

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

People fear change, therefore they fear the future. Anime

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm a 35 year old man who is furious when my video game deal discussion is broken up by images of Japanese cartoons (which are for pedophiles, from what I've heard on Fark.com).

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Holy hell, that loving nude banana. I hate it so much :argh:.

Back on the discussion of games, I finally got the Shock Gloves in Arkham Origins and as much as some people panned the game for being too samey, buggy, or not Rockstead-y, this game fills me with joy. I am amazed at how many ways the Batman franchise comes up with a rich man to absolutely physically abuse and torture criminals. A "non-lethal dose of kinetic electricity"?! Really?! He just loving hadoken'd a stunned man in armor.

This game series is so loving good :flashfap:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Yes.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Rookersh posted:

Hey guys remember Sleepy Dogs?

Well, news of Sleepy Dogs 2 will be coming out on Monday!

It's going to be a F2P online only PC game published by Nexon. Take guesses as to what that means.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sleeping-dogs-dev-reveals-its-next-game-triad-wars/1100-6422454/

If you read that Gamespot article a little more carefully, you will see there is actually no relation between the two announcements. :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

It's funny for me because I'm reading from work with image loading turned off on my phone, so all I see from those two are empty posts

• Locked thread