Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I wonder if he's going to become more stable when he absorbs the androids, or even crazier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Oh man, their Cell continues to be one of the best things the series has done. :allears: I thought I couldn't be any more sold on Cell when they were revealed to be a morbid teenager, but being completely loving stark raving mad makes it even better.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I wonder if he's going to become more stable when he absorbs the androids, or even crazier.

I could see him turning crazier after taking 17 easy, but it seems like it might be tougher to make Perfect Cell seem that unhinged.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
http://teamfourstar.com/video/dbza-deleted-scenes-ep-43/

Deleted bits! Not that great really, good cuts.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
The voice of the city is 100%
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=539zCn8ySbc

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Thyrork posted:

http://teamfourstar.com/video/dbza-deleted-scenes-ep-43/

Deleted bits! Not that great really, good cuts.

Yeah, that's one hell of a long way to go for a North Korea joke.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Yeah there is no way Perfect Cell will be even more insane. They're probably going with some kind of 'imperfect sanity' thing to or something, I just don't see how Perfect Cell can be played like that.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

facebook jihad posted:

Yeah there is no way Perfect Cell will be even more insane. They're probably going with some kind of 'imperfect sanity' thing to or something, I just don't see how Perfect Cell can be played like that.

...Actually, I might actually be able to see it work. Like, if he's just a little smarter than Goku and way more evil. He could piss off Gohan by embodying everything that Gohan hates about Goku and being even worse! ...Or something.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
You know, I kind of wonder and/or hope what they do with Perfect Cell is play up this whole "personality made up of other characters" thing to the hilt. Maybe have it develop into something like schizophrenia or something, where he's hearing voices and talking to himself a lot.

Thinking about it, I wonder if they'll play the same Nail-and-Kami in Piccolo gag with 17, 18, and Cell.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Thinking about it, I wonder if they'll play the same Nail-and-Kami in Piccolo gag with 17, 18, and Cell.

Oh my god I hope they do this now. It'll probably help add some humor when Cell's absorbing 18 and being a creepy rapey gently caress if 17's still there being :stare: - and they've been fun characters anyway.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

You know, I kind of wonder and/or hope what they do with Perfect Cell is play up this whole "personality made up of other characters" thing to the hilt. Maybe have it develop into something like schizophrenia or something, where he's hearing voices and talking to himself a lot.

There isn't a doubt in my mind they won't at least make a gag out of it.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
I can just picture Cell absorbing 18, there being a pause, and 17 making some kind of quip about 18 showing up and her yelling at him.

Also if they go the schizophrenic route, you could have audience-only gags where he's talking to himself and 17 and 18 are trying to figure out who the hell he's talking to.

Mostly, I could see them making a lot of Perfect Cell's facial expressions and mannerisms work really well for a cocky guy talking to his own invisible peanut gallery of stolen personality traits.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Perfect Cell will be more sane, but also a bit more full of himself and waaaaay more "holy poo poo my 'Perfect' body is amazing!"

17 and 18 peanut gallery has potential, but probably should be used a tad less than Piccolo and company.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

StrifeHira posted:

Perfect Cell will be more sane, but also a bit more full of himself and waaaaay more "holy poo poo my 'Perfect' body is amazing!"

17 and 18 peanut gallery has potential, but probably should be used a tad less than Piccolo and company.

The only problem with the Piccolo peanut gallery is that Piccolo's relevance to the story is quickly coming to an end.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

The only problem with the Piccolo peanut gallery is that Piccolo's relevance to the story is quickly coming to an end.

We still have the 17 fight to look forward to. :v:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Hasn't stopped them from making jokes with the rest of the cast, really.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

Meh, he'll still be around a lot, that's enough to make jokes.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Terper posted:

Hasn't stopped them from making jokes with the rest of the cast, really.

Yeah, Piccolo might not get to do much after the 17 fight, but he's still around pretty often. TFS will surely be getting a lot of mileage out of him, since they obviously love the character.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
He does get to shine a little in the Gotenks fight in the Time Chamber. After that, yeah, he pretty much vanishes. Which is a shame, he's probably my favorite character.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5_3aFbUuFc

Dragonball Xenoverse extended trailer with a hilarious voice over.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Blockhouse posted:

Welp, I just saw Ten do his volleyball attack and dark skinned character models. Sold!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Xenoverse sounds exactly like something my 12 year old classmates would make up as a rumor (I was in denial about liking DBZ back then) and I am totally into it.

... Also I am finally watching the original Dragonball for the first time, and suddenly a lot of DBZ makes a lot more sense, like why Goku keeps trying to befriend people (Vegeta) once they're doing their best to kill him. Basically all his friends have at least once made a good, concentrated, effort to beat poo poo out of him. First goddamn episode, Burma shoots him.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Sep 22, 2014

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

YggiDee posted:

Xenoverse sounds exactly like something my 12 year old classmates would make up as a rumor (I was in denial about liking DBZ back then) and I am totally into it.

... Also I am finally watching the original Dragonball for the first time, and suddenly a lot of DBZ makes a lot more sense, like why Goku keeps trying to befriend people (Vegeta) once they're doing their best to kill him. Basically all his friends have at least once made a good, concentrated, effort to beat poo poo out of him. First goddamn episode, Burma shoots him.

I do think Goku gets too much poo poo for trying to befriend people in Z. He got Piccolo, who used to be a horrible tyrant, to be a close friend. He got Vegeta, the guy who tried to blow up his planet, to live on that same planet and raise a family. The last person he tried being friends with was Freeza, and Goku was gonna kill Freeza outright once he came back to blow up Goku's planet. He never gave Cell a chance, he went all out on him.

Really, Goku's bigger fault is how sporting he is. Even when the entire universe is at stake, he wants things to be fair and even.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

http://teamfourstar.com/video/dbza-episode-44-preview-flirting-2/

There's a preview out for the next episode of abridged. Cell's voice oh my god :allears:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

I do think Goku gets too much poo poo for trying to befriend people in Z. He got Piccolo, who used to be a horrible tyrant, to be a close friend. He got Vegeta, the guy who tried to blow up his planet, to live on that same planet and raise a family. The last person he tried being friends with was Freeza, and Goku was gonna kill Freeza outright once he came back to blow up Goku's planet. He never gave Cell a chance, he went all out on him.

Really, Goku's bigger fault is how sporting he is. Even when the entire universe is at stake, he wants things to be fair and even.

That's not entirely true. Goku would have probably wanted to make friends with Cell too, but there were too many factors going against it happening. First he wasn't strong enough to defeat Cell by himself (or he just wanted Gohan to get his spot in the limelight, there's no actual telling with Goku), then Cell tries to blow himself and the planet up and Goku is forced to drag his rear end to a different planet and he's dead for the final confrontation with Cell and can only lend moral support to Gohan, who eradicates every last bit of him and he actually befriends goddamn Buu, essentially asking him to reincarnate as a good guy so they can fight more together. If Goku had his ways, he'd want to leave everyone alive and just fight them, endlessly improving.

Even Raditz was kind of out of his hand.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Mordaedil posted:

That's not entirely true. Goku would have probably wanted to make friends with Cell too, but there were too many factors going against it happening. First he wasn't strong enough to defeat Cell by himself (or he just wanted Gohan to get his spot in the limelight, there's no actual telling with Goku), then Cell tries to blow himself and the planet up and Goku is forced to drag his rear end to a different planet and he's dead for the final confrontation with Cell and can only lend moral support to Gohan, who eradicates every last bit of him and he actually befriends goddamn Buu, essentially asking him to reincarnate as a good guy so they can fight more together. If Goku had his ways, he'd want to leave everyone alive and just fight them, endlessly improving.

Even Raditz was kind of out of his hand.

This is true, but I think at some point Goku's focus shifted from getting strong people to be sparring partners and more toward making sure someone could actually solve poo poo after he died. For instance, he wanted Buu reincarnated after he saw and understood his good side. To him, it wasn't a real risk; he knew Buu had a good heart and would be a better person if not controlled by awful wizards his entire life.

It's not that Goku isn't naive or forgiving to a fault, he certainly is both. It's just that his fatal flaw is how he puts challenging fights above all other desires, and expects the same out of everyone.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I do think Goku gets too much poo poo for trying to befriend people in Z. He got Piccolo, who used to be a horrible tyrant

Let's put this into perspective. he made the reincarnation of the devil his friend. I would be confident I could make anyone my friend from that point on as well.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The sound doesn't work for me either, their video player has been really screwy lately.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Then again, each and every of Goku's friends has been his rival or antagonist at some point. Even Bulma didn't have any warm feelings toward him at the beginning, she was just using him as a tool.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Not his wife!

Well, not the moment they met, at least.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I don't remember the turtle giving him beef.

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I can just picture Cell absorbing 18, there being a pause, and 17 making some kind of quip about 18 showing up and her yelling at him.

Also if they go the schizophrenic route, you could have audience-only gags where he's talking to himself and 17 and 18 are trying to figure out who the hell he's talking to.

Mostly, I could see them making a lot of Perfect Cell's facial expressions and mannerisms work really well for a cocky guy talking to his own invisible peanut gallery of stolen personality traits.

18 goes one burn too far when Cell is getting punched by SSJ2 Gohan and Cell is like "That's it! gently caress perfection I'm kicking you out!".

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Blockhouse posted:

"The hero is Goku-NO THE HERO IS YOU!!!

:allears:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

The English announcer is appropriately hyped. God in heaven all those customization options... :allears:

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

ANYONE CAN BE A SAIYAN!

This is looking hype. Wonder if you can be apprenticed to the Great Saiyaman? Because, seriously, why would you do anything else?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Needs More Jazz posted:

ANYONE CAN BE A SAIYAN!

This is looking hype. Wonder if you can be apprenticed to the Great Saiyaman? Because, seriously, why would you do anything else?

Apprenticed to Gotenks, only he understands the importance of cool techniques.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I'd like if you master different schools you get combination attacks of some sort.

The one that bursts to mind is that if you master Yamcha and Krillin you get Frieza's destructo disk, since it's effectively a combination between Krillin's disk and Yamcha's spirit ball.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I'd like if you master different schools you get combination attacks of some sort.

The one that bursts to mind is that if you master Yamcha and Krillin you get Frieza's destructo disk, since it's effectively a combination between Krillin's disk and Yamcha's spirit ball.

Wolf Fang Kaiokin Fist.

It's me, I'm the Sif.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'm going to apprentice to Krillin and Vegeta and we'll all have cool mustaches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Babe Magnet posted:

I'm going to apprentice to Krillin and Vegeta and we'll all have cool mustaches.

I hope you can play bingo in-game.

• Locked thread