Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Vadoc posted:

The Lancaster bomber spam will overwhelm the B17 spam.

The jet bomber spam will at least improve T5 queue times.

e: Lost over half my team due to a two-player squad of teamkillers, sweet.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Sep 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

El Disco posted:

I had a game a few weeks ago where I went one on one against a Sea Meteor in my F-80. It was a close thing as we went in and out of a low bank of clouds, until I finally got behind him and put some hits into one of his wings as we were both diving. It wasn't enough for a cRiTiCaL hIt, but it was enough that he couldn't pull out of the dive before he hit the water. But it did take longer than 10 seconds for him to crash, so I got no credit. I was immediately pissed off that the stupid kill system robbed me of the kill, but after I landed and quit (rest of the team was dead, leaving me alone against the rest of the Meteors. Big shocker) I decided that it doesn't matter because that dogfight was extremely fun. Also it helps that I have every non-jet, non-premium plane in the game and more than half the jets, so the grind doesn't matter to me anymore. :v:

I once died like a scrub with double digit points and zero shots fired in a Typhoon, but I dragged 5 Nazi thugs down in a defensive spiral right into the maw of the Spitfire hive so I was actually really happy.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
Unlocked the Sea Meteor and it's the biggest "holy poo poo this owns" moment compared to the first crappy Meteor

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

quote:

The automatic punishment for unsportsmanlike behaviour system will now take into account rams and friendly fire hits.

Oh cool, it's not like the Arado needed to have any use at all anyway.

MrLonghair posted:

It actually is a piece of poo poo that's defective right now. Made myself a map with all kinds of pillboxes and tanks, T1 planes are better off going up against ground targets. Hit detection and maybe, what it's been flagged to have a chance at taking out is the issue.

Not sure if 75mm is meant to have a chance against medium pillboxes but this one flies right through. I should get the PBJ in there and see.
Landing hits with a 75mm from within 250 meters and watching it ricochet off and away is the daily life of the B-3.

(but if you can regularly make it hit and impact successfully, go for it. Because then I should ask my ISP to run a tight test on my line)

Yeah this is basically my problem with the thing; the 75mm doesn't do poo poo against targets heavier than a light pillbox. Given that, what's the point of lugging a huge gently caress-off tank cannon around when the previous Duck's 30mm does the job better, with more ammo, with less weight, with backup 20mm, in addition to being a solid anti-plane weapon? Or compare it to the Vickers Tempest which can kill all the same things as the B-3 but is indescribably faster and more manoeuvrable.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

BBJoey posted:

Oh cool, it's not like the Arado needed to have any use at all anyway.
I'm pretty sure they mean team rams, a Russian game that penalized you for the glorious taran would be absolute bullshit.
Bonus cool article: http://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/papers/2008/P7192.pdf

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

BBJoey posted:

Yeah this is basically my problem with the thing; the 75mm doesn't do poo poo against targets heavier than a light pillbox. Given that, what's the point of lugging a huge gently caress-off tank cannon around when the previous Duck's 30mm does the job better, with more ammo, with less weight, with backup 20mm, in addition to being a solid anti-plane weapon? Or compare it to the Vickers Tempest which can kill all the same things as the B-3 but is indescribably faster and more manoeuvrable.

I'm thoroughly convinced the shell damage is bugged, especially the HE shells which often take multiple hits to destroy enemy planes should you actually manage to hit them. It's been reported as a bug and Gaijin says it's fine! :downs:

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

Teal posted:

If you see wehraboos crying about ZSU-57-2 being a 1955 vehicle, point out that we are actually getting a 1950 vehicle.

By 1951 the ZSU-57-2 carried 300 rounds (we get 248)
By 1954 it had different guns - S-68A (we get S-68)

So yeah, we get the very earliest variant from 1950, no time deadline breaking, no nothing.
Or ignore them because they're dumb Wehraboos and who cares about an arbitrary deadline as long as it's not brokenly OP.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

ghetto wormhole posted:

I'm thoroughly convinced the shell damage is bugged, especially the HE shells which often take multiple hits to destroy enemy planes should you actually manage to hit them. It's been reported as a bug and Gaijin says it's fine! :downs:

They'll say it's fine until someone does a spergy bug report that provides irrefutable proof that it's broken, then they'll say, "Oh poo poo we had no idea, I guess we'll fix it sometime :frogbon:"

bUm posted:

Or ignore them because they're dumb Wehraboos and who cares about an arbitrary deadline as long as it's not brokenly OP.

Much like the paper planes issue, I'm ok with them bending the rules a bit as long as it's for the sake of better gameplay.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
FM confirmed unfinished (duh) yet somewhat representative of the final idea of what it's going to be like for the 229, so a fine turner and flipper.

High quality testflights of everything new but the Japanese planes hosted on DailyMotion (possible NWS video ads) http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/177906-planes-videos/

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Have the devs ever addressed collision issues with tanks? I'm tired of being stuck on rocks that I'm not actually touching.

Chompers
Jun 29, 2006
I saw this in the preliminary changelog:

terrible russian devs posted:

New arcade tank battle mode (more details in upcoming devblog)

I wonder what this entails?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Chompers posted:

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Chompers posted:

Some kind of racing mode? Why not make the T-50 even more amazing, am I right?

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

So I just played alt-Berlin on as the Typhoon 1b and on the climb up some teammate was like "we're hosed, russians op." I just told them to stick together, cover each other and not to get greedy with kills.

We won with only 50% losses in like a 12v12. :unsmith:

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
I feel like russians op is more of a WT meme than an actual serious statement

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

I died 9 games in a row last night in RB to one shot blowing my wing off. gently caress this game.

EDIT: I am down to 20k lions now because they were all Ki-84

BubbaGrace fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 22, 2014

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Felony posted:

I died 9 games in a row last night in RB to one shot blowing my wing off. gently caress this game.

Fixed in 1.43, fixed in 1.43, allll is gonna be fixed in 1.43!

Did anyone actually shoot some planes on the dev server to see if it's fixed in 1.43?

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Felony posted:

Even before the current wing issues, the Ki-84 felt way too flimsy for a plane that the Japanese actually bothered to fit with self-sealing tanks and actual armor for the pilot. And it goes to poo poo once damaged 109/190 style.
So with someone in the position to shoot your wing accurately, most of those would have been deaths anyway even before the current round of :gaijin:. :shrug:

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
The game is bugged to my disadvantage.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Felony posted:

Sometimes people say "don't get hit" in a tongue in cheek manner, but with the Ki-84 (a loving fantastically good plane, holy poo poo), you really have no reason to get hit outside of basically sacrificing yourself to kill the last rear end in a top hat hanging out at base or running away.

Repair cost as balance is a dumb mechanic, but remember that if a plane costs a shitload to repair, it means that people generally are making money hand over fist with that very plane.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Don't get hit is one thing, but having all your kills happen due to wing ripping bugs isn't fun either. If I wanted a stupid damage model I might as well play World of Warplanes.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

IM_DA_DECIDER posted:

Don't get hit is one thing, but having all your kills happen due to wing ripping bugs isn't fun either. If I wanted a stupid damage model I might as well play World of Warplanes.

Yes, they are basically the same game now.

Mr Darcy
Feb 8, 2006

Felony posted:

Cunning plan: turn off auto repair and play all your other planes in all your other nations while the Ki-84 is being repaired. Worst case it'll be a fraction of it's original repair cost. Best case it'll be free.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

Yes, they are basically the same game now.
Obligatory

Sapo
Dec 1, 2010

I just played six rounds after this mini patch and every one of them was 5v5. I haven't seen an actual 5v5 round since they implemented join in progress-- i wonder if they broke it? RB is unbearably boring like this.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Do you like 'sploits, my dudes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f0mmfzyPKs&t=75s

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chompers posted:

From what I heard Arcade is becoming permanent Sky is for Heroes, the variation where you need 3 tank kills to be able to spawn into a plane.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Huh. AI planes no longer count as enemy vehicles for the points to start ticking down.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Teal posted:

From what I heard Arcade is becoming permanent Sky is for Heroes, the variation where you need 3 tank kills to be able to spawn into a plane.

Realistic is using the ticket system from 1.43 ala Sky is for Heroes, and its needed desperately as tried a couple of tank matches in the past week and its completely unplayable as seems the thing to do now is spawn in a plane first then bomb rush the tanks. Just wish they would give more tickets and increase the ticket cost of aircraft accordingly so that you are guaranteed a few tank spawns.

There was a plan to try Sky is for Heroes in Arcade, yet it was changed at the last minute, and they have been working on some new mode for arcade tanks for 6 months+ just they haven't said anything about it.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Azran posted:

Huh. AI planes no longer count as enemy vehicles for the points to start ticking down.

They only do on some maps, the ones on Ruhr/Saipan don't but the B-17s on Bulge do.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

To spade one bomber looks like misfortune. To spade two bombers looks like carelessness.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Heliosicle posted:

They only do on some maps, the ones on Ruhr/Saipan don't but the B-17s on Bulge do.

I thought he meant the AI "player" planes, but I haven't played in a few days so I don't know.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Alchenar posted:

To spade one bomber looks like misfortune. To spade two bombers looks like carelessness.

Excuse me, the Hs 129 is not a mere bomber.

(I've spaded all bombers except the Arado, Wellington X, Lancaster and T4 Russia :shepicide:)

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

BBJoey posted:

Excuse me, the Hs 129 is not a mere bomber.

(I've spaded all bombers except the Arado, Wellington X, Lancaster and T4 Russia :shepicide:)

Yeah bombers can be fun, Ducks on the other hand are Sadomasochism with wings.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

But bombers are fun! :(

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Yeah I'm being unfair. Divebombers and torpedo bombers are rad (B7A2, Pe-2 <3). It's only a few bombers that are awful (like the G5N and the loving Do 217 - why won't your 13mm do any damage)

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Exclude all loving jets out of T4 for fuckfuckcuntfucktwatshit sake, I don't care if you have to wait 30 mins for a game you unlocked jets gently caress off and play with other jets, its not like you don't have other cunts to fly.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Fumble posted:

Exclude all loving jets out of T4 for fuckfuckcuntfucktwatshit sake, I don't care if you have to wait 30 mins for a game you unlocked jets gently caress off and play with other jets, its not like you don't have other cunts to fly.

Whats wrong with Jets in T4 games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Yak jets, bring them on, they're sad prop-less propeller planes 100%
Jets that actually cannot be caught up with, gently caress off with them 033%
For the one reason that the pilots tend to always flee and hide 066%

• Locked thread