Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Master Twig posted:

Kim Kardashian, Beyonce, JLo, Nikki Minaj.

Three women.

Christ, I didnt notice this first.

I love me an educated wombyn that can count upto three.
*tips fedora

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

SybilVimes posted:

Compost-grown was the root cause of the e-coli tomatoes scare a year or two ago, despite it being the natural way home-grown tomatoes have always been grown, so most commercial growers don't use compost anymore.

That's what the sentiment is about.

Weird, I thought that was because a facility somewhere in the middle had bad sanitation standards or something. Granted, I never followed the story that closely.

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009

El Anansi posted:

Black is a distant relative who posts harmless nonsense on the regular and apparently has an offensive grasp of breakfast drank. This exchange struck me as weirder than normal.

What age range are these people? I love Middle Aged/Old Person on the Internet dialect. It JUST Tickle s my Fancy!! Ha ha ha :-) - luv u mom (call me Soon aunt Gina had a stroke)

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

karl fungus posted:

She, not a he.

That's what I figured. Women can be the worst misogynists. I don't understand it. Are they mad that other women would seek their own version of happiness or something?

Stottie Kyek posted:

Poor Selena Gomez and Katrina Kaif, getting up the courage to ask this anonymous opinionated guy on a date, and after all that, he runs off with Angelina Jolie instead. :(
I don't care that it turned out that the poster was a girl, this is still funny.

There's a thread in e/n right now where some guy doesn't understand why a girl would wear make-up or nice clothes if she wasn't trying to attract a mate. I can't figure out if he is a troll or not.

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Crab mentality's a hell of a drug.
I had to look that up. Great metaphor.

Bored has a new favorite as of 23:53 on Sep 21, 2014

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Bored posted:

That's what I figured. Women can be the worst misogynists. I don't understand it. Are they mad that other women would seek their own version of happiness or something?

Crab mentality's a hell of a drug.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bored posted:

I don't care that it turned out that the poster was a girl, this is still funny.

There's a thread in e/n right now where some guy doesn't understand why a girl would wear make-up or nice clothes if she wasn't trying to attract a mate. I can't figure out if he is a troll or not.

Which thread?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Who What Now posted:

Which thread?

Yeah. I think he's a troll, I just don't know how much his personal views are slipping into his arguments about fashion.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3662326

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

El Anansi posted:

Black is a distant relative who posts harmless nonsense on the regular and apparently has an offensive grasp of breakfast drank. This exchange struck me as weirder than normal.

8 cream and sugars? At that point just have a milkshake, Jesus. You apparently don't like coffee if you have to dilute it with that much.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

McDonalds coffee is gym sock water anyway, it's not like you can make it any worse.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I miss the Titanic Guy. :smith:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Double Plus Good posted:

What age range are these people? I love Middle Aged/Old Person on the Internet dialect. It JUST Tickle s my Fancy!! Ha ha ha :-) - luv u mom (call me Soon aunt Gina had a stroke)

I love the people (mostly middle aged, some not) who cannot figure out that there's a difference between posting on someone's wall and sending them a message. If you ever need to ask them something that's very private, find a different way to do it. I messaged one of my aunts once and she still replied to the message with a big long post on my wall that I had to delete because it was extremely personal.

I also have a 20-something cousin who will only speak to me by commenting on one particular photo I posted. It has nothing to do with the picture, she just uses the comments like they're a chatroom. :wtc:

Bored posted:

Yeah. I think he's a troll, I just don't know how much his personal views are slipping into his arguments about fashion.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3662326

He's not so much "makeup and fashion are only for attracting people" as he is "what's the point of basic grooming/dressing decently if no one can see you." Like people are having to explain the basic concept of having a self-image and feeling good when you look nice as if they were talking to an alien or robot. I want to believe it's a troll, but I see posts every day from people who honestly don't understand the most basic stuff.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

God, I hate the whole "feminism isn't equality" spiel. Everyone's all for equality until the truth that maybe people are too entitled comes out.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

God, I hate the whole "feminism isn't equality" spiel. Everyone's all for equality until the truth that maybe people are too entitled comes out.

"Equality means bringing everyone else up to my level of privilege. Also it means me not losing any privileges I currently have. Also Also it means my relative level of privilege must maintained among the concerned demographics."

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Why can't those man-haters just admit that I'm inherently superior to them? Things were so much better when I didn't have to share anything or recognize other people as fellow humans. So persecuted... :qq:

It's not just feminism, you see the same attitude all the time whenever there's any push for more recognition/rights from some group or other.

Kimmalah has a new favorite as of 13:42 on Sep 22, 2014

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
But you guys, it's my right to objectify women and for everyone to just treat that as normal, healthy, adult behavior. Sometimes women say men have cute butts so it's totally fair and even.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I was up early, checked Facebook out of habit and happened to read something that made my eyes almost fall out of my head. I don't know how to anonymize Facebook screenshots, but I've copied out the exchange here.

(Friend X) I am so proud of my amazing, sexy, strong First Nations Cree husband (Guy X)!

(Idiot) I am so proud of myself and all of my amazing, sexy, and strong White friends.

(Idiot) Now, commence your lecture on how my comment is extremely racist, rude and inappropriate because it's about "privileged White people" whereas your double standard is okay because they're a "minority" who experience "hardships" and "deserve" to be proud of their race because of all the challenges they've overcome. But being proud of Caucasian roots is "wrong" because everything is so "easy" for us.

Editor's note: :psyduck:

(Guy X) Hey, (Friend X) wrote this because someone who booked a show with her called her to tell her that she had to throw a band off the bill because the singer of that band was first nations...yes something that does NOT happen to your proud sexy white friends...

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

strangemusic posted:

I was up early, checked Facebook out of habit and happened to read something that made my eyes almost fall out of my head. I don't know how to anonymize Facebook screenshots, but I've copied out the exchange here.

It's a feature in an add-on called Social Media Fixer. It really improves Facebook in a lot of ways, especially how your feed works.

As for the posts, I love when people make poo poo up about how downtrodden Caucasians are by society. Any time someone talks about how minorities have a lot of great people in them who have contributed to humanity in some way, there's always some rear end in a top hat who has to act like it's an affront to his whiteness that you dare compliment someone that isn't of Western European descent.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

strangemusic posted:

(Friend X) I am so proud of my amazing, sexy, strong First Nations Cree husband (Guy X)!

(Idiot) I am so proud of myself and all of my amazing, sexy, and strong White friends.

(Idiot) Now, commence your lecture on how my comment is extremely racist, rude and inappropriate because it's about "privileged White people" whereas your double standard is okay because they're a "minority" who experience "hardships" and "deserve" to be proud of their race because of all the challenges they've overcome. But being proud of Caucasian roots is "wrong" because everything is so "easy" for us.

Editor's note: :psyduck:

(Guy X) Hey, (Friend X) wrote this because someone who booked a show with her called her to tell her that she had to throw a band off the bill because the singer of that band was first nations...yes something that does NOT happen to your proud sexy white friends...

"Why isn't there a white history month?"

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

It's a feature in an add-on called Social Media Fixer. It really improves Facebook in a lot of ways, especially how your feed works.

As for the posts, I love when people make poo poo up about how downtrodden Caucasians are by society. Any time someone talks about how minorities have a lot of great people in them who have contributed to humanity in some way, there's always some rear end in a top hat who has to act like it's an affront to his whiteness that you dare compliment someone that isn't of Western European descent.

It's the same as the men downtrodden by feminists posted earlier or the Christians who feel persecuted by people who say "happy holidays" and don't want mandatory prayer in school.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Don't forget that a single instance of success or nondiscrimination for any minority or woman instantly discounts all the discrimination they receive. In addition the slightest difficulty faced by a white male shows what true discrimination is.

One mentality I've seen in some people online and IRL lately seems to be that once we reach some requisite level of "equality" then things will go back to the way they were. It's as if they're asking "when can I call someone a human being again?" as if once a minority reaches some token amount of agency they have to give up being offended by historically derogatory slurs. It seems to go back to the mentality of "why be offended by a racist/sexist/homophobic slur when I don't mean it that way".

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Holy poo poo, he never ceases to amaze me. There's always more and it's always worse.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Forgall posted:

Holy poo poo, he never ceases to amaze me. There's always more and it's always worse.

gently caress everyone with an X chromosome.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

DemeaninDemon posted:

You should post that to Facebook and see how many people catch on.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

DemeaninDemon posted:

We stopping at humans or should I get ready for some monkey sex?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
ZW superiority! I'm tired of living under the gynocracy and having the responsibility of gender be the man's fault.

usbombshell
Oct 29, 2004

Boom!

Kimmalah posted:

I love the people (mostly middle aged, some not) who cannot figure out that there's a difference between posting on someone's wall and sending them a message. If you ever need to ask them something that's very private, find a different way to do it. I messaged one of my aunts once and she still replied to the message with a big long post on my wall that I had to delete because it was extremely personal.

My mother-in-law just got a new phone and she stalks people on Facebook and does just that. I had bronchitis this week, so she posted "Hi I'm home how are you feeling do you need anything? Love you." on my wall, and then called me to see if I got the message. The next day, her sister liked the post.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Kimmalah posted:

You should post that to Facebook and see how many people catch on.

One of my dudes quit without telling anyone so sure why not. I need to let everyone on the internet know I'm loving pissed.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
You can edit your Facebook settings to either not accept posts to your timeline or make it so that you're the only one who can see them. You can even specifically bar certain people from posting to your profile through the "custom" setting. It'll ask you to put in friends' names who will not be allowed to post.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Crain posted:

Don't forget that a single instance of success or nondiscrimination for any minority or woman instantly discounts all the discrimination they receive. In addition the slightest difficulty faced by a white male shows what true discrimination is.

One mentality I've seen in some people online and IRL lately seems to be that once we reach some requisite level of "equality" then things will go back to the way they were. It's as if they're asking "when can I call someone a human being again?" as if once a minority reaches some token amount of agency they have to give up being offended by historically derogatory slurs.

Hari Kondabolu nails this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85fr6nbiMT4

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
From the Cracked article posted earlier

Who knew people went to Cracked.com for video game news? I certainly didn't.

Also today I learned that "indie games" aren't "actual games" and that one writer can turn an entire site into something with one article. The pen truly is mightier than the sword.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
This thread is really full of retarded gay faggots who love to circle jerk each other around but I just had to post one thing here because it makes me so angry!!!

Byzantine posted:

McDonalds coffee is gym sock water anyway, it's not like you can make it any worse.

My god. You seriously are the dumbest person alive on the planet. I hope you seriously eat a bullet. McDonalds is all garbage but the coffee? Amazing. Hell, it's better then every hipster small poo poo place/starbucks/dazbogs/home whatever. The coffee owns.

I'm just so angry I'm going to throw my computer out the window. Out of all my time on SA, that was seriously the most dumb post I have ever read in my life.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
I demand you apologize for the most ignorant statement ever made, poster Byzantine.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

big duck equals goose posted:

This thread is really full of retarded gay faggots who love to circle jerk each other around but I just had to post one thing here because it makes me so angry!!!

My god. You seriously are the dumbest person alive on the planet. I hope you seriously eat a bullet. McDonalds is all garbage but the coffee? Amazing. Hell, it's better then every hipster small poo poo place/starbucks/dazbogs/home whatever. The coffee owns.

I'm just so angry I'm going to throw my computer out the window. Out of all my time on SA, that was seriously the most dumb post I have ever read in my life.

Try harder, you're not quite edgy enough to be funny.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

kannonfodder posted:

Try harder, you're not quite edgy enough to be funny.

It's not supposed to be funny. I'm seriously mad about this. That's like me walking into a Rolls Royce show and being like "Meh, this stuff sucks. These cars are like a huge turd coming out of a butt."

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

big duck equals goose posted:

OMG take it to GWS, we don't need all your constant Coffee derails.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Okay that's nice but how do you feel about feminism in videogames

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
Is this a pyramid scheme but with books? Because it sounds like a pyramid scheme but with books.

(the big blobs of turd colour are just where she was tagging a bunch of people)

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Okay that's nice but how do you feel about feminism in videogames

I'll let you know when the two ever become involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Crain posted:

OMG take it to GWS, we don't need all your constant Coffee derails.

I don't mean to be crass or interrupting your thread of nonstop "Waa people are dumb because they dislike liberal things" or whatever. But come on... None of you are going to defend McDonalds coffee? I'm shocked and disgusted. I hate fast food too, but the mere thought of that poster saying McDonalds coffee is "Like a unwashed sock" and no one calling him out right afterwards fills me with dread for humanity and it's future.

• Locked thread