Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spoeank posted:

The best one of these is when they do it for a field goal because nobody is within 10 yards of the guy and he's standing in the end zone when he catches the ball.

Or you get away with murder by setting up quickly and snapping before the defense is set:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LgypI3km_s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

The best one of these is when they do it for a field goal because nobody is within 10 yards of the guy and he's standing in the end zone when he catches the ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vpwzkSlGxc

Ah, Paul Johnson, you loving jester :allears:

That was Demaryius Thomas too. How does GA Tech keep getting these top shelf receivers?

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Sep 22, 2014

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vpwzkSlGxc

Ah, Paul Johnson, you loving jester :allears:

That was Demaryius Thomas too. How does GA Tech keep getting these top shelf receivers?

"So you're telling me I'll be the first, second AND third option on EVERY passing play? Where do I sign?"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

oldskool posted:

"So you're telling me I'll be the first, second AND third option on EVERY passing play? Where do I sign?"

That's funny, but they're still a wide receiver in a triple option run system. Over the last 10 years, the QB's playing for Tech have largely been incapable of passing the football. I guess it's cool to have down-field blocking skills drilled into a rookie wide.

I know for Calvin, at least, he went to Tech because of the education (or at least that's why his mom made him go there.)

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

That's funny, but they're still a wide receiver in a triple option run system. Over the last 10 years, the QB's playing for Tech have largely been incapable of passing the football. I guess it's cool to have down-field blocking skills drilled into a rookie wide.
Stephen Hill is a pretty good blocking WR, I guess.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ozu posted:

Stephen Hill is a pretty good blocking WR, I guess.

Stephen Hill would probably be a good 3rd or 4th option at WR. When the Jets lost Santonio Holmes during Hill's rookie season, it kind of thrust Stephen into the forefront of the receiving corps and he was exposed. If his confidence hadn't been shattered by poor quarterback play and having to step up into a role he wasn't ready for... for like 3 loving years in a row, he might actually be a decent product by now. I hope he lands somewhere with a decent WR coach at some point, because he certainly does having those down-field blocking skills that you're looking for on screen plays.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

If his confidence hadn't been shattered by poor quarterback play and having to step up into a role he wasn't ready for... for like 3 loving years in a row, he might actually be a decent product by now. I hope he lands somewhere with a decent WR coach at some point, because he certainly does having those down-field blocking skills that you're looking for on screen plays.
Ehhhh. This reads like a mildly optimistic post from a Panthers forum. The more likely scenario is that he's just not good. He's a terrible route-runner and still loves to body catch every pass, thus negating any advantage he has because of his size. It's not like he hasn't been taught not to do these things; he just innately does them anyways.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Ozu posted:

Ehhhh. This reads like a mildly optimistic post from a Panthers forum. The more likely scenario is that he's just not good. He's a terrible route-runner and still loves to body catch every pass, thus negating any advantage he has because of his size. It's not like he hasn't been taught not to do these things; he just innately does them anyways.

Did he ever return punts?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ozu posted:

Oh, I'm aware that he's not very good. But lets not pretend that the Jets are any good at developing receiver talent, or that they didn't have Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith under center over the last 6 years. The post was a retrospective on "what could a decent receivers coach have done with Hill," and nothing more.

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006

Stephen Tulloch tears his ACL on an attempted "discount double check".

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Leonard Ghostal posted:

How dare you mock a man potentially losing his dream job trying to celebrate his fine works?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Leonard Ghostal posted:

That's weird, he wasn't even on the madden cover.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Oh, I'm aware that he's not very good. But lets not pretend that the Jets are any good at developing receiver talent, or that they didn't have Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith under center over the last 6 years. The post was a retrospective on "what could a decent receivers coach have done with Hill," and nothing more.
The Jets don't use high draft picks on WRs for some reason, which probably plays are larger role in not having receiving talent than whatever WR coach they employ. Seriously, the number of WRs drafted in the first 3 rounds the last 14 years...

2001-Santana Moss
2012-Stephen Hill

End of list.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
Any .gif of the Wrestlemania move on Brees?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

pigdog posted:

Any .gif of the Wrestlemania move on Brees?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ozu posted:

The Jets don't use high draft picks on WRs for some reason, which probably plays are larger role in not having receiving talent than whatever WR coach they employ. Seriously, the number of WRs drafted in the first 3 rounds the last 14 years...

2001-Santana Moss
2012-Stephen Hill

End of list.

They didn't even nab one from this stable of 2014 receivers? That's incredible. There were so loving many good receivers available.

I could watch this all day.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I got you bro

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My man :hfive:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

GNU Order posted:

I got you bro

That's one of the best meltdowns ever.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Someone please mix the Yeet Kid (http://youtu.be/rm1iS8mOW88) firing the rifle when Tulloch lands.....so perfect for each other

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
A Giants fan on Reddit makes gifs when they win

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
And the significantly less effort rocket gif guy for the Broncos

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Anybody get the latest edition of McAfeegolfswing.gif?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

They didn't even nab one from this stable of 2014 receivers? That's incredible. There were so loving many good receivers available.

They picked up TE Jace Amaro in the second round, and he's been ok so far. I was actually kind of hoping they'd take Kelvin Benjamin in the first, though I didn't believe it was likely.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

blue squares posted:

The browns cheated

It's not cheating at all. I love plays like that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eifert Posting posted:

Except, you know, according to the rules.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eifert Posting posted:

It is an illegal play

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

It is an illegal play

The illegal motion was on a halfback, unless I'm missing something.

Those "Catch the defense in the huddle" plays are the best. AJ Green's first TD was one.

No Fun League
VVV

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Sep 23, 2014

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Eifert Posting posted:

The illegal motion was on a halfback, unless I'm missing something.

Those "Catch the defense in the huddle" plays are the best. AJ Green's first TD was one.

I don't know the rule off the top of my head, but there is a specific provision in the rule book that says you can't do that.

edit: Here ya go!

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

In addition to McAfee's golf swing, I'd like to request Cutler clutching his head and laying an egg with about 3-4 minutes left in the first half. I was out of the house but I didn't see it in the GDT.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Man should have gone for the bridge 2 stars.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Hazo posted:

In addition to McAfee's golf swing, I'd like to request Cutler clutching his head and laying an egg with about 3-4 minutes left in the first half. I was out of the house but I didn't see it in the GDT.

I cant find the golf swing anywhere. Well, I can but even CBS sports has the same video as youtube. It's a video of some guy pointing his cell phone at the TV and CBS Sports thought 'good enough to post on our site.'

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 23, 2014

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

swickles posted:

I don't know the rule off the top of my head, but there is a specific provision in the rule book that says you can't do that.

edit: Here ya go!

They should run the play again, but this time make sure he's 5 yards away.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spermy Smurf posted:

I cant find the golf swing anywhere. Well, I can but even CBS sports has the same video as youtube. It's a video of some guy pointing his cell phone at the TV and CBS Sports thought 'good enough to post on our site.'

If you're playing with bombs, you best know how to duck and cover.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Spermy Smurf posted:

No worries, there's tons of other versions of his golf swing, just wanted to add the latest one to the collection. Thanks for CutlerDuck&Cover.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Can someone post some .gifs from tonight's South Park, namely Snyder getting repeatedly getting killed by the Cowboys?

MrOpus
Mar 21, 2004

swickles posted:

Can someone post some .gifs from tonight's South Park, namely Snyder getting repeatedly getting killed by the Cowboys?

I really hope someone gifed the poo poo out of the new South Park. It was amazing.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
From the show's thread:

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

PostNouveau posted:

From the show's thread:

My favorite part of that episode was all the teasers used RG3, but when the episode aired it was changed to Kirk Cousins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie
Arkansas fake punt TD http://www.gfycat.com/LimitedPlainAnaconda

• Locked thread