Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

African AIDS cum posted:

Didn't see the Cardinals game, how bad was Jonathan Martin? Kinda want to track down the condensed highlights to really soak it in

Going back a million years for this post but: he was poo poo. I'll need more time to decide if he's Kwame Harris poo poo but he is definitely poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

in his final act on earth, James Harrison will sack Joe Flacco, decapitating him. his core finally depleted, Harrison detonates and takes out an entire section of M&T Bank Stadium

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I apologise if I'm being a bit :woop: about the Bengals but we kinda have to take advantage of the few times a lifetime we are unquestionably supporting the best team in the AFC.* In 6 weeks they'll probably be back in the peloton.

*Standings

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Jets are going to start 1-6. That is all.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
The Jets are really bad you guys

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That last pass by the Jets had blaaaaaatent DPI. And I wanted the Bears to win.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Eifert Posting posted:

That last pass by the Jets had blaaaaaatent DPI. And I wanted the Bears to win.

Yeah, it was pretty bad. Lots of awful calls that final drive though

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010
Ref's suck. Geno has improved and is still terrible. Rex is probably gone after this season. And so the Jets wheel turns.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bears

rule

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I just hope that Idzik gets fired along with Rex after the season. The offensive talent on that field without Decker isn't even major college quality. The talent level on that team is just an utter joke.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kyle Fuller owns, he is the only defensive Bear who doesn't infuriate me. I can't believe the Bears can't find a linebacker somewhere, anywhere that is better than Jon Bostic.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nothing will change without a team sale.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Real hurthling! posted:

nothing will change without a team sale.

The Jets have Dee MIlliner instead of Fuller and Stephen Hill's old jerseys instead of Alshon Jeffrey. And Idzik instead of a GM who has a clue what he's doing.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
Kyle Fuller is loving fantastic. The rookie DTs left something to be desired but did well enough. Briggs probably won't be back next year.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Willie Young is fine as well.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The Jets made a lot of dumbass mistakes today, and couldn't finish a drive if their life depended on it, but it's really hard to win a game when the refs spot the other team 14 points. The Jets are a mediocre team that are getting hosed on bad calls and unfortunate bounces. With the kind of basic mistakes they're making to fall behind in these games I'm believing more and more that Rex needs to go.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I'm grateful the Bears got the win, but god drat it, my heart can't take these games. Every single one is a nail-biter, even if they have a seemingly insurmountable lead early.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mcmagic posted:

The Jets have Dee MIlliner instead of Fuller and Stephen Hill's old jerseys instead of Alshon Jeffrey. And Idzik instead of a GM who has a clue what he's doing.

Zero faith in woody hiring someone competent in that role.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Please take solace that for every dumb bullshit call that the Bears got, they had to remove one defensive back from the game.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
also Ola is loving terrible and Slauson cant get back fast enough.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Alouicious posted:

in his final act on earth, James Harrison will sack Joe Flacco, decapitating him. his core finally depleted, Harrison detonates and takes out an entire section of M&T Bank Stadium

Thank god Harrison always aims high. If he hit Flacco in the dick it could cause a world ending implosion.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I'm grateful the Bears got the win, but god drat it, my heart can't take these games. Every single one is a nail-biter, even if they have a seemingly insurmountable lead early.

Bears football rules, man. They're not going to win anything and probably won't even make the playoffs so just enjoy crazy-rear end football.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

DupaDupa posted:

also Ola is loving terrible and Slauson cant get back fast enough.

De La Puente is fine though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Zero faith in woody hiring someone competent in that role.

Me neither. Sigh.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Bears football rules, man. They're not going to win anything and probably won't even make the playoffs so just enjoy crazy-rear end football.

The Rose injuries should have taught Chicago fans just to enjoy the ride and never hope for anything imo.

Edit:
I really hope the Jets get a good GM soon because I love Rex and Wilkerson is my favorite non-Bears player. :/

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

I honestly think the last time the Bears won convincingly was against Tennessee in Week 9 of 2012. Even when they got big leads early against Pittsburgh and Dallas last season, they still let the other team get back into the game and I was sweating bullets in the 4th quarter.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

DupaDupa posted:

The Rose injuries should have taught Chicago fans just to enjoy the ride and never hope for anything imo.

Edit:
I really hope the Jets get a good GM soon because I love Rex and Wilkerson is my favorite non-Bears player. :/

Watching Northwestern lose every game in the fourth quarter has made me into steel.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's just amazing because what the bears CB did was literally a perfect illustration of what they're supposed to call. The CB's head was burried in the receiver's jersey like he was having a cry and he never looked back at all the entire play. Were the officials just not looking?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Eifert Posting posted:

It's just amazing because what the bears CB did was literally a perfect illustration of what they're supposed to call. The CB's head was burried in the receiver's jersey like he was having a cry and he never looked back at all the entire play. Were the officials just not looking?

They were too busy making sure that Jerome Bogar didn't wonder off after the game.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

sirtommygunn posted:

The Jets made a lot of dumbass mistakes today, and couldn't finish a drive if their life depended on it, but it's really hard to win a game when the refs spot the other team 14 points. The Jets are a mediocre team that are getting hosed on bad calls and unfortunate bounces. With the kind of basic mistakes they're making to fall behind in these games I'm believing more and more that Rex needs to go.

Dude come the gently caress on. The Jets got screwed on that last call, but they got a gift of a spot for that first down. They got a fwe calls earlier that were just atrocious. You're being one sided.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

Kyle Fuller owns, he is the only defensive Bear who doesn't infuriate me. I can't believe the Bears can't find a linebacker somewhere, anywhere that is better than Jon Bostic.

He's just like every other Bears DB. He looks great on big plays like interceptions, but then gets clowned on important late 4th quarter drives.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Dude come the gently caress on. The Jets got screwed on that last call, but they got a gift of a spot for that first down. They got a fwe calls earlier that were just atrocious. You're being one sided.

The refs were directly responsible for the Bears first TD and the Jets not having a TD with objectively horrible calls. And thats before that no call.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

He's just like every other Bears DB. He looks great on big plays like interceptions, but then gets clowned on important late 4th quarter drives.

He's also a rookie playing his third NFL game ever.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Oh yeah one 5-yards first down call definitely makes up for 14 points. This isn't even getting into the ridiculous no-call to end the game.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
I think that was the first time the Bears held an opponent to under 20 points since beating Arizona in 2012

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Ummagumma posted:

I think that was the first time the Bears held an opponent to under 20 points since beating Arizona in 2012

:geno:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Eifert Posting posted:

Could the back judge have been calling it uncatchable? Without the bump from Vereen could he have landed in-bounds with both feet?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ummagumma posted:

That cardinals team held itself to under 20 points. Prolly best to not count that game.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Chilichimp posted:

That cardinals team held itself to under 20 points. Prolly best to not count that game.

all games count

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

R.D. Mangles posted:

Exactly how I feel about this Ravens season. I'd trade places with you in a hearbeat though because Jeffery and Fuller are crazy fun to watch.

• Locked thread