Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Notorious QIG posted:

dont you dare besmirch the name of ffix
:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Panty Saluter posted:

ff4 steam: holy loly these textures. even on a phone they would be bad

voiced cutscences mostly tolerablk

only think i dont like is that recent game thing opf zooming the gently caress in on everything. i mean on a map screen i want to see the world, not every giant pixel on my characters face. what was wrong with a long shot for overworld areas, poo poo

It's a DS game.

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's a DS game.

hey knuc youre wrong on this one, the pc version is a port of the ios version which is a port of the ds version which is a remake of the snes version. get your facts straight.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
either way the textures are bad

i say this like the poo poo wasnt amazing in the ps1 era

gently caress im old

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Widdiful posted:

hey knuc youre wrong on this one, the pc version is a port of the ios version which is a port of the ds version which is a remake of the snes version. get your facts straight.

It was made for DS you drat tard, before the Iphone came out.

krysmopompas
Jan 17, 2004
hi

nigga crab pollock posted:

same but other terrible obscure dreamcast games like 4x4 evolution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rEJv2W85NQ
there are actually still tens of people that play this piece of poo poo.

i have never felt such shame for working on it as when someone tracked me down on facebook for help in reverse engineering the track downloads since it reminded me that i used jeff k catchphrases as part of the protocol.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It was made for DS you drat tard, before the Iphone came out.

read his convoluted post again

cgs: tried some of betrayer, it's interesting i guess but i spent 30 minutes wandering around until figuring out that you just hang the bell on some post in town

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

duckfarts posted:

read his convoluted post again

cgs: tried some of betrayer, it's interesting i guess but i spent 30 minutes wandering around until figuring out that you just hang the bell on some post in town

I actually considered that what he might have meant, but didn't want to read his post again.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
did this tonight, got two legendary engrams in my first half hour, one turned into titan gloves exotic and the other was a titan belt thing. got a legendary engram from the cryptarch rank up, and got a legendary hand cannon. lol

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I actually considered that what he might have meant, but didn't want to read his post again.

but knuc why would anyone not want to read my posts

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

anthonypants posted:

did this tonight, got two legendary engrams in my first half hour, one turned into titan gloves exotic and the other was a titan belt thing. got a legendary engram from the cryptarch rank up, and got a legendary hand cannon. lol

Cool post Anthonypants... two engrams you say? wow. You sound like you know what you want and know exactly how to get it. Keep it up. You'll go far.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

z0rlandi viSSer posted:

Cool post Anthonypants... two engrams you say? wow. You sound like you know what you want and know exactly how to get it. Keep it up. You'll go far.
thank you, friend

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

z0rlandi viSSer posted:

Cool post Anthonypants... two engrams you say? wow. You sound like you know what you want and know exactly how to get it. Keep it up. You'll go fart.

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

anthonypants posted:

thank you, friend

:tipshat:

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

duckfarts posted:

I liked ff3 in the us or whatever that was in j-numbers, suplexing a train was cool

from pages ago but yes best part

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

vendrick still taking no damage with four giant souls
time to kill myself

actually 4 souls, the two giants at first weree a two for one deal

Liver Disaster fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 23, 2014

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 349 days!
if you attack vendrick the very first time you see him, the game acts as though you're carrying every giant soul available. only works once, though, so don't do something stupid and get yourself killed

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

wesley snypes posted:

if you attack vendrick the very first time you see him, the game acts as though you're carrying every giant soul available. only works once, though, so don't do something stupid and get yourself killed

he took the same amount of damage as hes taking now back then :(
also holy poo poo the strike area for his sword sucks for me
thinking, since i got all four souls in one sitting, maybe i need to restart but not tonight got invaded by some channer tonight

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

also whoever sent me a shirtless pic owns, congratulations on your everything
if that was one of you, if it wasnt this is real weird for me

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Liver Disaster posted:

also whoever sent me a shirtless pic owns, congratulations on your everything
if that was one of you, if it wasnt this is real weird for me

are you encouraging people goons to send you shirtless pics

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

bobbilljim posted:

are you encouraging people goons to send you shirtless pics

duh always, already got one might as well start a collection

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 349 days!

Liver Disaster posted:

also holy poo poo the strike area for his sword sucks for me

Strafe Right

i recently learned that vendrick has a curse attack that basically amounts to you being cursed because he says so. weird how from soft gave various enemies all these extremely rare attacks

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Hug vendrick's left asscheek.

He will never hit you

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Watching a whatever Game done quick stream has taught me what it's like to be ESL. People are speaking English but I have absolutely no idea what it means. Really weird.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Luisfe posted:

Hug vendrick's left asscheek.

He will never hit you

a good advice for ds2 and real life

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Lol that the borderlands presequel has a season pass, can't wait til the saints row expansion thing announces one as well

Gross

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

poo poo, i might actually buy one of those. EU only so far

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

also the pokemon demo will be given out by "select retailers" (amazon, game, etc.) from october 15th in the UK. no idea about the rest of europe/the us, or why they don't just put it on the eshop

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Katana Gomai posted:

lol what is this, the 90s?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

lol what is this, the 90s?

transparant handhelds are the poo poo and lol if u disagree

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Katana Gomai posted:

transparant handhelds are poo poo lol

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
i cant justify a new ds esp if the c stick 3ds comes out next year

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Korean Boomhauer posted:

i cant justify a new ds esp if the c stick 3ds comes out next year

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I checked out the "loot cave" in destiny and just sitting around shooting aimlessly into a cave while talking with a fireteam of random people doing the same thing for like an hour and a half yielded more equipment upgrades and money than however many hours I spent doing the story content and strikes

great design there

also there's a random event in that area where a satellite crashes to the ground and you (of course) defend it from waves of enemies and it landed on the group and killed us

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Katana Gomai posted:

transparant handhelds are the poo poo and lol if u disagree

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Fabricated posted:

also there's a random event in that area where a satellite crashes to the ground and you (of course) defend it from waves of enemies and it landed on the group and killed us

i think theyve upped the frequency of the public event being just spawning loads of enemies instead which tbh is quite fun

but yeah you should get better loot more frequently from doing strikes and stuff

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Katana Gomai posted:

lol dont buy a 2ds

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

i think theyve upped the frequency of the public event being just spawning loads of enemies instead which tbh is quite fun

but yeah you should get better loot more frequently from doing strikes and stuff
The monotony was broken up by an event I hadn't seen where the two badguy factions that sort of fight eachother in that area spawn en masse with loving hordes of elite versions. We're talking like what had to be 200-300+ enemies spawning over the course of like 5-10 minutes.

I think we had as many random players in the area as the server would allow and most of them were decked out (level 25+) and we still almost got ran over. Was pretty fun; if only that was more often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Fabricated posted:

The monotony was broken up by an event I hadn't seen where the two badguy factions that sort of fight eachother in that area spawn en masse with loving hordes of elite versions. We're talking like what had to be 200-300+ enemies spawning over the course of like 5-10 minutes.

I think we had as many random players in the area as the server would allow and most of them were decked out (level 25+) and we still almost got ran over. Was pretty fun; if only that was more often.

yeah i think they upped the frequency of that specific event instead of the warsat one to try and stop people being able to easily farm items in the cave?

but the spawning of hundreds of enemies is what the public areas of the game shouldve been anyway? especially the 'end game' places like mars

• Locked thread