Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
We never beat Everton, Martinez has us sussed.

Bony is suspended (nice to use it up on the cup), so Gomis will start, probably with Montero and (ugh) Emnes on the wings (can we not?) Little Tommy Carroll should get so game time too which will be nice for the lad. Hopefully he can displace Shelvey from the first team.

Oviedo could be back for Everton after shattering his leg and world cup dreams last season. Maybe he and Taylor can compare notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

sassassin posted:

We never beat Everton, Martinez has us sussed.

Bony is suspended (nice to use it up on the cup), so Gomis will start, probably with Montero and (ugh) Emnes on the wings (can we not?) Little Tommy Carroll should get so game time too which will be nice for the lad. Hopefully he can displace Shelvey from the first team.

Oviedo could be back for Everton after shattering his leg and world cup dreams last season. Maybe he and Taylor can compare notes.

Has Shelvey been poo poo? You guys have started the season well enough so I'm surprised you could carry a centre mid like that if he has been.

Also what's Montero like?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ewar Woowar posted:

Has Shelvey been poo poo? You guys have started the season well enough so I'm surprised you could carry a centre mid like that if he has been.

Also what's Montero like?

He's not been poo poo, really. Shelvey is a decent player capable of really nice stuff, but is handicapped by the fact that he's really thick. He copes badly when under pressure (doesn't help that he's playing next to Ki who is cool as ice) and turns over possession a frustrating amount.

I like his workrate and his head doesn't go down when things aren't going right, but he shoots (badly) and plays pointless hollywood passes or just misplaces simple stuff way too much for us (2nd half against Burnley he was shocking and we could easily have lost the game for it). We play him deep (usually deepest of the 3 midfielders) and it's something he's still adjusting to. But he's not going to turn into Pirlo any time soon.

His best game was against West Brom when they man-marked Gylfi and Shelvey started moving forward into spaces created higher up the pitch, but in most games he's not going to get the chance to do that.

Montero is really stupidly quick (and strong for his size) but lacks end product and really any sort of game other than running fast so far. He's only had short cameos, though.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

The Swansea hoodoo has to end eventually

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Martinez knows all the cheat codes.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

euroboy posted:

:siren: Abou Diaby to start against Southampton tomorrow :siren:

I bet he'll be great against us and then get injured in training before Arsenal's next game.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Starsnostars posted:

I bet he'll be great against us and then get injured in training before Arsenal's next game.

John Cross from the Mirror says Arsenal will most likely line up with this team:

Ospina; Bellerin, Chambers, Hayden, Coquelin, Diaby, Wilshere, Rosicky, Campbell, Podolski, Alexis

That defense sure is something, but Bellerin wasn't totally out of his depth against Dortmund. I also wonder who will play up top of the three attackers. I'm guessing Alexis.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

euroboy posted:

John Cross from the Mirror says Arsenal will most likely line up with this team:

Ospina; Bellerin, Chambers, Hayden, Coquelin, Diaby, Wilshere, Rosicky, Campbell, Podolski, Alexis

That defense sure is something, but Bellerin wasn't totally out of his depth against Dortmund. I also wonder who will play up top of the three attackers. I'm guessing Alexis.

Coquelin has been alright the few times he's played at full-back. Offers nothing going forward obv, but he's been defensively sound. Should hopefully balance out Bellerin bombing forward on the other side.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Is there any game being televised tonight? I hope it's not one of those audio-only situations

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Mr Snips posted:

Is there any game being televised tonight? I hope it's not one of those audio-only situations
Embrace radio coverage Mr Snips, it's great for a change every now and then. Makes the goals more exciting sometimes because you can't tell that it's coming and you find out from the crowd.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Excited to see Kike meddle with the Liverpool defense

mattisacomputer
Jul 13, 2007

Philadelphia Sports: Classy and Sophisticated.

Is there any official streaming site like how the FA Cup has Foxsoccer2go in the US? I can find regular streams easily but as a proper plastic I don't mind paying for official streams.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Mr Snips posted:

Liverpool losing at home against Boro is on Sky.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

sassassin posted:

He's not been poo poo, really.

he's really thick. He copes badly when under pressure

turns over possession a frustrating amount.

but he shoots (badly)

plays pointless hollywood passes

or just misplaces simple stuff way too much for us

(2nd half against Burnley he was shocking and we could easily have lost the game for it)

this is a great post

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Mig; Manquillo Toure Sakho Enrique; Lucas Rossiter; Lallana Sterling Markovic; Lambert

Lambert's captain :unsmith:

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Lambert being captain is great :unsmith:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Arsenal: Ospina, Bellerin, Chambers, Hayden, Coquelin, Rosicky, Diaby, Wilshere, Alexis, Campbell, Podolski

Subs: Martinez, Ajayi, Gibbs, Mertesacker, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Akpom

That defense wow

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Middlesbrough town centre was the grimmest night out I've ever had

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Hoops posted:

But did you have a Parmo?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Southampton: Forster, Clyne, Fonte, Gardos, Targett, Wanyama, Schneiderlin, S. Davis, Tadić, Mané, Pellč.

Subs: K. Davis (GK), Long, Cork, Bertrand, Mayuka, Reed, McCarthy.

A strong team for us, it's good to see Targett get a game and hopefully he'll become Shaw 2.0. I'm also excited to see Mané make his debut, he scored loads over in Austria which may not mean much but hey it's better than not scoring loads in Austria.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Hoops posted:

It's no place for a sensitive young gamer.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
My prediction? 3-1 to the Boro. Jelly to open his account, Kike toe poke one in from a corner finishing up with a Leadbitter screamer to put it beyond doubt. Mmmmm.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
what are the chances of an arse stream

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

EC10 posted:

this is a great post

In Shelvey's defence he's not like say Ramsey on an off day who literally can't do anything right.

He's just noticeably the worst of a pretty good bunch so far this season. Interested to see how Carroll looks once he has a few games under his belt.

quote:

Swansea City
25 Tremmel
29 Richards
06 Williams
03 Taylor
33 Fernández
20 Montero
08 Shelvey
12 Dyer
23 Sigurdsson
14 Carroll
18 Gomis

Substitutes
01 Fabianski
04 Ki Sung-yueng
11 Emnes
15 Routledge
22 Rangel
27 Bartley
56 Fulton

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

not not luvd posted:

wiziwig is suggesting unibet might be streaming it

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

not not luvd posted:

Just go get a dodgy curry and you're sorted.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I can't believe some loving championship side are even bothering. Just stay at home lads, have a night out in your lovely town centre

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Hoops posted:

I can't believe some loving championship side are even bothering. Just stay at home lads, have a night out in your lovely town centre

Quoting this so you can't edit it later on, bigot.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Looking forward to a big white on black beating tonight at the Liberty

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
ugh they're playing that song

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Won't be live posting tonight I'm out to watch this film about gay miners

losing 4-0 to liverpool

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Hoops posted:

is that legal ?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Hoops posted:

losing 4-0 to liverpool

quoting this for the police

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I have absolutely no faith in Liverpool tonight and think they will in fact lose. Just getting that feeling. Hope they don't. That's just my opinion though.

Ming the Merciless
Aug 10, 2005
You're a beard with an idiot hanging off of it.
This Boro keeper looks pretty athletic!

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Woo Jordan :unsmith:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
loving hate liverpool.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008