Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Awesome new shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Awesome new shirt.

Link?

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

I bought it in person but it seems to be available here. http://www.ebxloakal.com/products/rickey-henderson-mens-t

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Murphy Brownback posted:

I'll never understand why someone would ever need or want a pencil holder, but I tend to lose pencils/pens before they ever even need sharpened so maybe that's why.

They actually make a whole lot of sense for some people. While I have no real use for one, I have friends that are artists so they use really expensive pencils. A holder allows them to use the ENTIRE pencil. You try drawing much of anything (for hours and hours) with this:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Awesome new shirt.

This shirt may be too rad

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent

I've already done a lot of topgun fist pumping and racing jets.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

A 2.15 carat diamond.

Now I need to design a ring I suppose. I could have supercharged my car for this but whatever :thumbsup:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

"Hey Wilson, I supercharged my lawnmower, hurgh hurgh hurgh!"

KING EGG
Dec 1, 2000

Saturday is "Treat Day"

Raikiri posted:

Dell Venue 11 Pro, i3, 4GB, 128GB SSD, 1080p IPS and dock for £239. Can't complain!

How's that going for you? We got one to test at work and had real problems getting the Display Port to work.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Notable shopping from the last week:

New tires for the car, some generic Pirelli stuff. Today I had to buy a fifth because this weekend my girlfriend managed to rupture the sidewall on a brand new tire when bumping into a weird curbstone which was lined with steel. I told her to be happy to ruin a three day old tire as we can replace it as a single tire instead of at least 2 which would have been the case with half worn tires.

A Kobo Aura for my 13yo daughter, she reads about a book a day at the moment and I told her to go to the library or she could start buying her own. At least ebooks are cheaper than dead trees, at least lighter to carry around. She will be repaying me the Kobo in €10 monthly payments over the next year, I wonder if the thing lasts that long. I am a horrible father trying to instill some financial wisdom into his kids.

A couple of really cheap (€1~2) fountain pens, mostly triggered because the pen/pencil chat made me ebay and I found these for no shipping costs coming from China. Secretly I hope they use nice stamps. I bet they are utter crap compared to the Waterman and Rotring or even Parker I am used to who knows, I might be surprised.

Edit! Last week I bought a new side window for my car, some rear end in a top hat hobo wanted to get arrested so he could sleep in a cell so he smashed the right hand window of the car with a brick. At least insurance covered this...

This image is not set up, I seriously found my car like this after the police called me when they locked the guy up.

Keetron has a new favorite as of 14:08 on Sep 22, 2014

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I also bought House of Leaves, thanks for the recommendation postmodern goons!

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
Just bought the 128gb iPhone 6, so far I am liking it.

Any recommendations for a good case for the 6 (4.7")? It is new enough that there seem to be some scammy people selling cases on amazon and I want to make sure I don't get something that sucks.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ishamael posted:

Any recommendations for a good case for the 6 (4.7")? It is new enough that there seem to be some scammy people selling cases on amazon and I want to make sure I don't get something that sucks.

The Apple silicone cases are pretty much perfect IMO.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

Murphy Brownback posted:

For content, I just booked 2 nights in a few months at this hotel in Zermatt:

in a room with this view (although it will be much whiter when I'm there)

Here's hoping I don't die on my first time trying to ski.

I went in the summer and Zermatt loving rules, I wish I had stayed longer and I really want to go back.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Ishamael posted:

I bought one ahead of time on Amazon by Spigen. It's the dual layer rubber/plastic bumper style, I think it's called the Neo Hybrid.

Edit:

Finally picked up a full frame body to use as my main so I can relegate my 40D to backup duty and use in my dive camera housing. I've contemplated on getting a used 5D for a while, but when this came out and I saw the low noise at high ISO, I was pretty sold. Found a very lightly used one for $1300 and made the plunge.

rockcity has a new favorite as of 21:31 on Sep 22, 2014

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

:iamafag:

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Added to my gallery of terrible artwork.

The face, the child's ear, the freakishly long arms, the giant hands...

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Jesus really was an alien

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

The boy's birthday is not for a few months, but I found these today while I was waiting for my friend to try on pants, and I couldn't resist. I actually haven't decided if I'm going to save them, or send them now as a "just because" gift.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Snagged Metal Gear Revengeance for 9$ on amazon, bought overnight prime shipping, placed a second order for Metro Redux ps4 and just got the email that BOTH had gotten shipped out in the same box.

2 games, one free overnight shipping :dance:

Smell that? That's the scent of almost 4$ in savings.

Or it might be the 3lbs ground black angus I got because I'm gonna make chili later this week. Either way, it's awesome.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

what are there going onto?

Content: I haven't bought one yet, but it's planned within the next 9 months (got bills to pay off first before I can start to save for a hefty deposit + trade on my i30)

I don't know whether I would actually get the nismo version, but it looks pretty :iamafag:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

aricoarena posted:

I went in the summer and Zermatt loving rules, I wish I had stayed longer and I really want to go back.

I'm hoping to go in the summer next year too - I didn't make it down that far this summer. There is so much to do here for such a tiny country. On a related note, just ordered the first part of my ski gear:

Arc'teryx Beta AR ski pants. Need to wait until my next paycheck to order the rest of the stuff I need.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

McSpergin posted:

what are there going onto?

M3 boss.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

Heresiarch posted:

Can you try this out with a phone when you get it, and if it works tell us where you got it? I have an old phone handset with a 2.5mm jack that I want to be able to use again with a modern cellphone but all the adapters I've tried haven't actually worked.

Trip report: It works with my fiancee's Iphone (my cell has a busted headphone jack) and with my computer. You can find it here.

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

Bitching.

For content:

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Ormy posted:

Bitching.

For content:

you guys get cool M bmws and fancy kit for them and all my e46 gets is oil leaks :(

i had to replace the power steering fluid reservoir/hoses and the oil filter housing gasket this past week. two weeks ago it was the valve cover gasket.

im not too salty, the old girl is 12 years old with 125k miles and i think the previous owners did like 0 preventative maintenance on these gaskets/hoses

edit: i guess i actually did buy this too because the old fake chrome one had all the fasteners dry rot out (not my car obvs)

welcome 2 Clown Town has a new favorite as of 21:08 on Sep 23, 2014

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Marathanes posted:

Trip report: It works with my fiancee's Iphone (my cell has a busted headphone jack) and with my computer. You can find it here.

Thanks for this.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

2 Blu-Rays:

Videodrome (Criterion Collection) from TCM's Criterion sale

Lord of War (from Amazon)

And a 2.1A USB wall charger for my iPhone 6 from Amazon since i found out it supports 2.1A fast charging like the iPad does:

axia
Nov 15, 2005

The future is now.

Zahi posted:

I've already done a lot of topgun fist pumping and racing jets.

No love for this?
That thing is rad, and welcome to the hooligan club.
BRRRAAAP!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

As a kid growing up in the 70s, The Carol Burnett Show was a Saturday night ritual. This show helped shape my sense of humor, especially the TV show and commercial parodies.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Mister Kingdom posted:

As a kid growing up in the 70s, The Carol Burnett Show was a Saturday night ritual. This show helped shape my sense of humor, especially the TV show and commercial parodies.

Siamese elephants.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
Time to contribute, cause I buy a lot of poo poo

60" Vizio which was 50% less than the 42" Vizio it replaces, and 100% more surface area!

this thing was $30!

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

For my birthday, I got a faucet. This is what turning 26 is all about.

I am so excited.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tulip Candy posted:

For my birthday, I got a faucet. This is what turning 26 is all about.

I am so excited.
That's a nice faucet! :)

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Glottis posted:

this thing was $30!

Dude. Do you not know about junkyards?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Because I can't help my self.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Heresiarch posted:

Siamese elephants.

<hhhnnkk>

(The Saturday night ritual of All in the Family, Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart, and Carol Burnett. My mom is 85, so she was as well familar with the movie parodies as CB was, and it was more fun watching my mom, who rarely laughs, giggle helplessly during those skits.)

My latest purchase was a box of Three Musketeers candy bars from the US; I don't like much of the candy from home, especially Hershey's, but I have a soft spot for Three Musketeers (actually what I paid for, from a friend, was a care package with stress-buster comfort food).

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Mister Kingdom posted:

Dude, I loved that show. It was worth it just for all the times Tim Conway had Harvey Korman cracking the hell up on live TV.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

Rumda posted:

Because I can't help my self.

Awsome. I need that one too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

For those unfamiliar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrfdFRun3UY

and the context:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA7bxTc0AJw