Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bengy81
May 8, 2010

Mike-o posted:

counter counter point 1: of course I'm gay I joined the military

counter counter point 2: this is GiP, I'm rarely serious here. the new store page is just kind of weird because I idled like 900 games, mostly crap I don't play and don't know how I got so now steam is showing suggestions for all sorts of stuff I don't care about :shrug:

Like I said, I have to reserve judgement for the time being, but I have always felt that our Lord and Savior, Gabe Newell, should really consider hiring somebody who does UI and aesthetics better than the whoever currently does it. Steam has always looked like a bag of raw rear end.
The memory leak thing is pretty lol though.

Edit: ^^^^ I agree, and normally I don't hate on the game goons a whole lot, but after reading ten pages of opinions on this update, they seem pretty whiny and entitled. Also, they hate borderlands 2.

bengy81 fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
something awful dot com: whiny and entitled goons

also, games is always a source of comedy.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
what's going on in here bros?? :spergin:

e:

Snowdens Secret posted:

Yes yes yessssss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXNaJx8LRhY

I don't know how long it's been on Steam but it's in Early Access and buying it gets you Carmageddon 1 and 2 as well

Holy poo poo yes :rock:

Helldump Immunity. fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 23, 2014

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I just went to the steam store to see what all the fuss is about and it looks basically the same to me just blue and with an added discovery queue thing that actually had games that I might want to play.

What a bunch of loving spergs

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

is it ok to still be mad that steam friends doesn't have chess or checkers anymore

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Bolow posted:

is it ok to still be mad that steam friends doesn't have chess or checkers anymore

Wait, what? You could play checkers with your friends? I loving LOVE CHECKERS. It's stupid people chess and I am a stupid people.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Wait, what? You could play checkers with your friends? I loving LOVE CHECKERS. It's stupid people chess and I am a stupid people.

When steam first launched and they shut down won.net, steam friends had a bunch of simple games like chess, checkers, hearts and some other poo poo. Unfortunately steam and the friends list were both massive piles of poo poo and it straight up didn't work 99% of the time.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mike-o posted:

the new store page is just kind of weird because I idled like 900 games, mostly crap I don't play and don't know how I got so now steam is showing suggestions for all sorts of stuff I don't care about :shrug:

oh. oh my god. oh my loving gooooooood!

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
yeah, i need to kill myself, i know :(

been buying games on sales since steam came out originally, along with junk from humble bundles, etc

Mike-o fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 24, 2014

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mike-o posted:

yeah, i need to kill myself, i know :(

been buying games on sales since steam came out originally, along with junk from humble bundles, etc

no man i dont care about you, i did the same thing so im having a pity party for myself

its actually not that bad just dont do the endless downward scroll thing

ps im actually running idle master right now to skim the cards from the garbage i got since the beginning of the month :thumbsup:

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Idle master owns, I just run it for a day or two whenever I feel like I need to buy a game, and bam! There's the money.

Now I just have to pretend that I didn't spend a small fortune on those games I'm idling to start with....

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
then don't ever look at your account transaction history :shepicide:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Some goon posted about a Chrome extension that auto sells cards at 1 cent below the average price, but I'll be damned if I go hunting through the Steam thread to find it. Anyone know what it is?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Here it is, SA search is useful for once: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/steam-inventory-helper/cmeakgjggjdlcpncigglobpjbkabhmjl

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i cant wait til some nerdlinger buys this tf2 hat for 12 bucks

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i cant wait til some nerdlinger buys this tf2 hat for 12 bucks

Just made like $100 off of TF2 items I haven't touched in a year or two.

:smugdog:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
holy poo poo I forgot about all that tf2 bullshit I had, time to make some more money off of nerds!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Hats in TF2 is what started that F2P model everyone is following right? Is it literally limited edition hats your dude wears or a skin or what

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Just set up 330 cards to auto-sell

:getin:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Christoff posted:

Hats in TF2 is what started that F2P model everyone is following right? Is it literally limited edition hats your dude wears or a skin or what

Dota 2 is the best because they get retards to spend like $30 on poo poo that you can barely discern ingame because the character models are so small

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Just set up 330 cards to auto-sell

:getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzQ3PNEoITI

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

new gauntlet is tite

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

$4 so far, 275 cards to go. I think I'm going to dump all of my TF2 items since I never play anymore.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
I like that the new Steam recommends me games I might actually be interested in because a lot of the greenlit poo poo is cool but hard to discover. On the other hand I need to figure out how to get it to never show me anything tagged 'roguelike' or 'tower defense' ever ever again

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Snowdens Secret posted:

I like that the new Steam recommends me games I might actually be interested in because a lot of the greenlit poo poo is cool but hard to discover. On the other hand I need to figure out how to get it to never show me anything tagged 'roguelike' or 'tower defense' ever ever again

Multiplayer survival and Openworld Crafting would be my black lists

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Kevin Costner as SGT Chowdown??

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

amazing

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

gently caress yes. That game hates my lovely laptop.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Is archage good?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Is archage good?

It's an MMO, so the first question is whether any MMO can actually be good

It's also Korean As gently caress, to the point where most of the in-game voice audio is still in Korean. I can see that being a turnoff for a lot of people. It does have a lot of things that force people into the PvP zones, which is a plus.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
ArcheAge is an MMO with the lovely, boring leveling and it's Korean so skills are pretty grindy, but it doesn't have a typical end game like WoW as an example. The end game is other people. There's no 40 man raid bosses for everyone to loot-sperg over, instead it concentrates on rounding up a gigantic pile of goons and slaughtering people on the high seas to take their loot and collect the tears. Then packing the jury that the recently dead end up in front of with goons to sentence their character to video game jail. We're already hated by a huge portion of the server, even in our own faction, because of the creativity of scamming and murdering goons which is 100% OK (and even encouraged) as long as you don't break any game mechanics to do it.

The western release is a few versions behind the Korean one so we know there will be another, purely PvP continent opened up with castles for guilds to build and then get poo poo on because they're not goons as well as stuff like floating player cities.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

SumYungGui posted:

ArcheAge is an MMO with the lovely, boring leveling and it's Korean so skills are pretty grindy, but it doesn't have a typical end game like WoW as an example. The end game is other people. There's no 40 man raid bosses for everyone to loot-sperg over, instead it concentrates on rounding up a gigantic pile of goons and slaughtering people on the high seas to take their loot and collect the tears. Then packing the jury that the recently dead end up in front of with goons to sentence their character to video game jail. We're already hated by a huge portion of the server, even in our own faction, because of the creativity of scamming and murdering goons which is 100% OK (and even encouraged) as long as you don't break any game mechanics to do it.

The western release is a few versions behind the Korean one so we know there will be another, purely PvP continent opened up with castles for guilds to build and then get poo poo on because they're not goons as well as stuff like floating player cities.

So... Shadowbane 2.0?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i use to play shadowbane a bunch as a dumb teen :spergin:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
What's the boat game?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Earned enough selling cards to buy a game. Thanks, nerds.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

Godholio posted:

What's the boat game?

bf4

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Some goon posted about a Chrome extension that auto sells cards at 1 cent below the average price, but I'll be damned if I go hunting through the Steam thread to find it. Anyone know what it is?
There's also this handy script which can be used to quickly sell stuff. It's not automated, but it'll work with Greasemonkey in Firefox.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Oh gently caress yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fv5O5TmNhw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Holy poo poo :stare:

• Locked thread