Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

football fuckerman posted:

people talking about skull loving opponents. it's really creepy and weird

Man that 17 year old kid who thought it was super cool to say fag unironically and then bashed Kalli and myself for pointing it out in GBS is going to have a field day with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Hey check it out, Earthly Ape Unit bought me a domestic abuse avatar, I guess?

Who are these people?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Jovan Belcher and fiancee

edit: Kasandra Perkins

Pron on VHS fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Sep 23, 2014

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pron on VHS posted:

Jovan Belcher and fiancee

Thanks, Pron. Can a mod just make this the default baby picture please?

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

the most the raiders can look forward to this week is a garbage time menelik watson appearance at qb. Dolphins in 3

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

commy gun posted:

Thursday Night poo poo Show Washington's O-line is a liability but since the Giants have issues on both lines (I think, right?) Captain Kirk should have some chances to go deep.

The Giants OL has been poo poo forever but it's not hyperbole to say that last week was the best performance they've had as a unit in 5+ years. They looked OK against the Cards too. Whether that continues is anyone's guess, but they've been promising so far.

As has already been said, the Giants' special teams are horrifying so there's no advantage for them there. Larry Donnell at TE has been the ultimate boom or bust player. He's a mediocre blocker with very strong hands and a big frame, but he's also been responsible for a turnover in every game so far. Cruz had 5 drops in the first two games but played well again last week.

The dropoff from an injured Jon Beason to Mark Herzlich is about as big as they come in the NFL and Beason could be out again this week, but he practiced on a limited basis today. Hard to tell if he'll be ready on a short week but if he is, the Giant linebackers are fine. If not, complete disaster.

I'm gonna watch some all 22 of both the giants and skins tonight or tomorrow and probably make another effort post in this thread, so I should have a more well informed opinion on what I think the key matchups are soonish.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Steelers always plays down to awful teams. They'll win of course but it will be a really frustrating game for fans of both teams.

Ike Taylor hasn't been good for a bit so no loss there; Missing Shazier sucks but Sean Spence rules; Jarvis Jones will be the one most missed but Moats played well and we have Harrison (uugghhh) back.

ErectorBeast
Sep 19, 2010

"I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."

football fuckerman posted:

people talking about skull loving opponents. it's really creepy and weird

For real, I am having trouble finding how supreme effort posts such as "Packers bout to [intense violent sexual act] the Bears" contributes to a thread asking for even moderately detailed analysis of games.

Especially considering the Packers are awful. The Bears defense has stepped it up so far, and while that may not slow down the Packers a whole lot, I can't see Green Bay's defense handling Chicago's offense any better. Logic would indicate a shootout, but reality suggests an exciting enough Bears 28-27 Packers game.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

Thanks, Pron. Can a mod just make this the default baby picture please?

Don't be a puss. I kept my Tebow red-tar for months. :colbert:

I like the Seahawks matchup this week but I would feel a lot better if we had them later in the season.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Don't be a puss. I kept my Tebow red-tar for months. :colbert:

I like the Seahawks matchup this week but I would feel a lot better if we had them later in the season.

I guess I'll change it in the off-season.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The Bears have played bad passing Quarterbacks.

When you have to sell out to stop the run, and are praying on quarterbacks to make dumb mistakes. When you run into a team that has a decent running game and one of the best QB's in the league it becomes an isue, you can't have 8 in the Box against Aaron Rodgers.

The Bears starting safeties are both rookies, You have a Rookie Corner, who is playing well, but is still a rookie, and Tim Jennings who has been pretty subpar this year. Against Aaron Rodgers. Our Pass rush from players not named Willie Young has been rare and inconsistant as hell.

Yesterday there was literally a moment where Brock Vereen(Rookie, had to try and explain the play call to Dixon(?) Another Rookie from the Vikings Practice squad. The Bears ended up taking a timeout.

Not to mention the fact that no matter how bad the Packers defense is going into Bears games, Dom Capers literally only has a Job because he seems to always have the perfect strategy to always always always beat Jay Cutler and make him look foolish.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Rodgers has looked really slow, indecisive, and inaccurate this year compared to past seasons. I will be entirely unsurprised if the Bears take one off the Packers on Sunday.

The Lions had a terrible secondary and Rodgers still couldn't do much of anything all game.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
The Packers are about to be 1-3 for the first time since 2006 :smith:

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Febreeze posted:

The Giants biggest enemies are themselves. Without the dumb mistakes the Texans game is far more out of hand. How are you guys at covering TEs and throwing deep? How's your Run D? I expect DJax to burn us at least once because he always does.

Run D has been good so far, held Shady to 25 yards but a lot of that probably had to do with him getting concussed and inexplicably being cleared to return to the game.

Cousins showed a pretty decent deep ball against the Eagles (his TD to DJax was right in stride), but he is still inaccurate on the more difficult intermediate routes.

In terms of covering TEs, it's hard to tell because Jacksonville never had a shot against the pass rush and Houston seems like they have some pretty bad TEs (along with Fitz as QB). They did okay against the Eagles TEs but that is likely because Foles had better options all day long. I'd say they are pretty average at covering TEs but I have no real proof to back this up.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Brannigans Law posted:

drat dude I thought my outlook was bleak...

The only reason the 49ers have a win is because Dallas gifted them 4 turnovers. Versus CHI and AZ the offense has looked completely out of sync. I can't think of a single good scoring drive they put together from their own 20. Plus they're the most penalized team in the NFL so even if they do get something going, the refs will be there to stop it.

They're also missing key pieces of their defense so that's no longer the cornerstone you can rely on to protect a slim lead.

This game is going to go exactly like how the last two went; the 49ers will get a 7 to 10 point lead at halftime, then fall apart in the 3rd and 4th quarters which is just when the Eagles will wake up and get the comeback victory.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Brannock posted:

Rodgers has looked really slow, indecisive, and inaccurate this year compared to past seasons. I will be entirely unsurprised if the Bears take one off the Packers on Sunday.

The Lions had a terrible secondary and Rodgers still couldn't do much of anything all game.

At this point though I'd consider the Lions secondary as a whole better than the Bears. While Vereen flashed and Fuller has shown a ton of potential...its still their fourth game. Plus if Mundy AND McCray are hurt, Dixon is the only SS left. He's not only a rookie but, but barely been with the Bears. The only proven commodity is Jennings.

Plus if McClellin is still hurt, DJ Williams is a huge liability in coverage. That is a weird loving sentence. I never thought I'd be hoping for McCellin's return. :psyduck:

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

commy gun posted:

Thursday Night poo poo Show

Eli is going to herp derp his way to some big plays against Washington's awful now that they're even thinner at CB. Washington's O-line is a liability but since the Giants have issues on both lines (I think, right?) Captain Kirk should have some chances to go deep. Kerrigan and alleged all pro Orakpo should be able to get some pressure and Washington's run D has been pleasant surprise so far which could mitigate Eli Bullshit. BUT Washington's special teams is still a nightmare they can't wake up from so the Giants are going to have some drives with really good field position. So, yeah, a poo poo show.

Hopefully Desean can conjure some division game bullshit magic. Cast it all over Coughlin's face you cocky lil bastard. :allears:
I'm sorta new at trying to give real analysis so this may all be completely wrong.

Offensively, the Giants are getting better and hopefully this is the week everything clicks. They actually looked like a real football team last week, unlike the first two games where people were running in every direction and balls just sorta flew to places at random.

As Febreeze said, the Giants are their own worst enemy. Eli will probably get off some amazing bullshit passes, but he's also going to throw the ball directly into a Washington player at least twice. Cruz will also continue to alternate between making impossible circus catches and dropping easy ones, as he's done his entire career. They just seem to have the worst luck with fumbles, and they really can't afford to do that. When their offense does work, however, it's amazing to watch.

The Giants' O-line is still kind of bad, but they had a good showing this week. After all, JJ Watt was prevented from performing a fatality on Eli like everyone was expecting. They also did a good job at giving Jennings openings to run, but that might have been because of the Texans' badness rather then their own ability. Then again, they can't be much worse then they were before.

As for the Defense, I'd go with not very good but with some potential. They did a good job of pressuring Fitzpatrick, but he managed to escape what should have been a sack several times. They still seem to do badly against the run, and their secondary has given up some big plays. That first game against the Lions was painful, and my fear is that they are going to look like that against any decent offense. JPP seems to be doing much better this year, so that's something at least.

The Giants' special teams is also a nightmare right now. Week 1 saw Weatherford get demolished and left him with an injured ankle. In week 2 they gave up a punt return TD against Arizona and later fumbled on a kickoff return, which pushed what was a close game out of reach. And, in the last game they had a bad snap on a FG attempt that turned into a fumble. We might see some historically bad special teams play this week and personally I'm all for it.

So, both teams are sorta bad and it's going to be a case of seeing who's worse at everything. There's one thing for sure though, this is going to be some lovely football. You'll be able to see the poo gas coming off of this game on your TV. I don't think we'll see a full-on Swinging Gate moment, but it will be close.

Congratulations! You Won. fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 23, 2014

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

DupaDupa posted:

At this point though I'd consider the Lions secondary as a whole better than the Bears. While Vereen flashed and Fuller has shown a ton of potential...its still their fourth game. Plus if Mundy AND McCray are hurt, Dixon is the only SS left. He's not only a rookie but, but barely been with the Bears. The only proven commodity is Jennings.

Plus if McClellin is still hurt, DJ Williams is a huge liability in coverage. That is a weird loving sentence. I never thought I'd be hoping for McCellin's return. :psyduck:

The point is, the bad secondary didn't matter at all against the Lions because they were getting at Rodgers constantly with a 4 man rush. See also: the first half of the Jets game and most of the Seahawks game. With the OL so bad that teams can drop 7 guys into coverage and Rodgers still gets no time, we're flat out hosed.

The only positive I can see is that the Bears have the weakest pass rush in the Packers schedule so far. I'm just not sure that's going to be enough. Rodgers also has to get his loving poo poo together, because he hasn't looked good even when he's had time. Some plays I've literally seen him stare down Jordy until he's flushed out of the pocket, then it's too late to look for Cobb or anyone else.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Sep 23, 2014

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Febreeze posted:

Eli looks comfortable in the new dink and dunk

This is exactly what happened to Philip Rivers last season. Switching from Norv's vertical offense to a ball control system looking consistent first downs worked wonders. It's doing the same for Flacco as well.

FeedingHam2Cats fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 23, 2014

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
I feel far better about the Bears' chances against the Packers than I have in years, but we're still too inconsistent on both sides of the ball. It's going to be a really weird shitshow of a game.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Eagles @ 49ers

I keep saying it, but it keeps being true. This is going to be a fun game to watch. That's not to say, however, that it's going to be close.

The Eagles offense is obviously good, but it's actually not as good as it was last year. Week 2, we were totally bailed out by Darren Sproles. Week 3, we were bailed out by Foles playing surprisingly well and a bad Redskins secondary. Week 1 we played the Jaguars. I think this is the week where people realize what the inconsistency of the Eagles offense really means. McCoy hasn't really had a good game yet (he wasn't bad week 2, certainly) and he's not going to start his good weeks against the 49ers run D. Justin Smith and Ian Williams will make sure we gain around 3 ypc. Foles did pretty well under pressure and outside of Justin Smith and Willis, I don't think the 49ers have too much pass rush, so it's going to fall on our passing offense once again. I think the Niners are capable of shutting down our screen game for the most part, too, so it's gonna have to be Maclin, Mathews, and Ertz making a difference. That's especially frightening when you consider how on/off Foles has been since he's been the starter. I really do feel the Eagles will be able to move the ball and even score, but it's not going to be crazy like it's been.

On the other end of things, the 49ers offense looks uninspired. You would have thought that getting Crabtree back and picking up Stevie Johnson would signify a nice step forward for Kaep, but he's been thoroughly mediocre so far. This matchup will be good news for him, though, as the Eagles secondary outside of Malcolm Jenkins and Boykin is a wet tissue. Seriously, Fletcher, Williams, and Allen just plain stink. There's no other way to say it. It could be said, though, that Kaep's one-speed line drive passing style could lead to the Eagles getting a turnover or two. I guess we'll see. Similar to the 49ers, we have a pretty good run defense. Expect Gore/Hyde to have trouble, putting it all on Kaep. We too have little to no pass rush without Curry out there, so expect Kaep to have all day.

So that's what it's going to come down to: QB and WR play. I'd like to say Foles will outplay Kaep, but I think Kaep will have an easier time finding open receivers in time. Eagles win, but only by a field goal.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

the dallas cowboys are going to lose really badly to the saints

I don't think so. The Saints defense is entirely incapable of dealing with a competent offense this year. They do not take the ball away, and have been far too generous with possessions when the offense is on the field. They've also had difficulty with sustaining long drives without zebra assistance so far this year.

I'm not saying the cowboys are going to win (gently caress dallas forever), and yeah, both losses were very close, but the win over Minnesota was much closer than the final score might have you believe.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

A.o.D. posted:

I don't think so. The Saints defense is entirely incapable of dealing with a competent offense this year. They do not take the ball away, and have been far too generous with possessions when the offense is on the field. They've also had difficulty with sustaining long drives without zebra assistance so far this year.

I'm not saying the cowboys are going to win (gently caress dallas forever), and yeah, both losses were very close, but the win over Minnesota was much closer than the final score might have you believe.

on the other hand the cowboys defense let austin davis stunt all over it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kalli posted:

I'm somewhat surprised the Texans are favorites over the Bills. I know the Bills were handled by a very good Chargers team and EJ looked terrible, but the Giants did the same to the Texans and I think they can just lean on Spiller.

As for Patriots - Chiefs... I have no idea what will happen. The Patriots have a big problem with interior pressure and run blocking right now, which I expect Poe and Hali to seriously disrupt. The Chiefs also murdered the Dolphins' backup linebackers, which is pretty clearly the strength of the Patriots defense.

The Texans have a garbage run defense, Spiller and Jackson are going to run roughshod over them en route to a double digit margin of victory for the Bills

Chilichimp posted:

Hey check it out, Earthly Ape Unit bought me a domestic abuse avatar, I guess?

Who are these people?

God drat, that dude's been around since mid June and has amassed 22 probations and 2 bans already

And is a TRP troll, go figure

Intruder fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Sep 24, 2014

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Intruder posted:

God drat, that dude's been around since mid June and has amassed 22 probations and 2 bans already

all men eventually get banned, not all men (#) truly post.

Anyway to get real content in the thread instead of having it be a bunch of posts about 'tars, let's talk about the Seahawks and the effect of the early bye week.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/is-this-real-is-the-late-bye-week-a-competitive-advantage/

Not a strong correlation here, but signs point to the week 4 bye helping continue the S'hawks' general skullf*%4ing of the league as opposed to hurting it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

hughesta posted:

I feel far better about the Bears' chances against the Packers than I have in years, but we're still too inconsistent on both sides of the ball. It's going to be a really weird shitshow of a game.

I am a sad beaten man and I'll believe that Aaron Rodgers won't annihilate the Bears when or if it actually happens.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

ErectorBeast posted:

For real, I am having trouble finding how supreme effort posts such as "Packers bout to [intense violent sexual act] the Bears" contributes to a thread asking for even moderately detailed analysis of games.

Especially considering the Packers are awful. The Bears defense has stepped it up so far, and while that may not slow down the Packers a whole lot, I can't see Green Bay's defense handling Chicago's offense any better. Logic would indicate a shootout, but reality suggests an exciting enough Bears 28-27 Packers game.

Packers defense totally shut down the Lions through three quarters. It took Detroit until the fourth to score a touchdown after Matthews went out and they were totally owning on time or posession. The defense since 2nd quarter of the Jets game has been really solid.

Big problem right now is the TE group is...not good. Because of the OL struggles they have been keeping a TE in blocking or running chips before quick outs rather than using them to stretch the middle of the field as they could with Finley. R. Rodgers isn't a great blocker but McCarthy keeps blocking with him (see: safety play) then benching him as punishment (see: rest of game ).

Rodgers has been locking on Nelson and holding onto the ball way too long. Boykin has regressed like a motherfucker but McCarthy still keeps giving him snaps thay would be better served going to Adams.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Brady will embarrass the Chiefs secondary and get sacked a few times but still win. Alex Smith with throw like fourteen picks

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TubeStank posted:

Packers defense totally shut down the Lions through three quarters. It took Detroit until the fourth to score a touchdown after Matthews went out and they were totally owning on time or posession. The defense since 2nd quarter of the Jets game has been really solid.

Big problem right now is the TE group is...not good. Because of the OL struggles they have been keeping a TE in blocking or running chips before quick outs rather than using them to stretch the middle of the field as they could with Finley. R. Rodgers isn't a great blocker but McCarthy keeps blocking with him (see: safety play) then benching him as punishment (see: rest of game ).

Rodgers has been locking on Nelson and holding onto the ball way too long. Boykin has regressed like a motherfucker but McCarthy still keeps giving him snaps thay would be better served going to Adams.

I agree the Packers D looked decent and Stafford wasn't good but if that game was another few quarters it would of been nothing but the Lions running it down the Packers throat again and again.

They can't stop the run. Not with Mathews or without him.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Panthers v Ravens is an interesting one. Realistically the Panthers special teams gave up 11 points to the Steelers in really loving stupid fashion. So loving stupid I'd be amazed if it happened again.

The lack of defensive toughness was a big concern but I know Rivera is going to light into them about pride, not being a bunch of gently caress ups and [insert cliche here].

The ravens pose an interesting question because their entire team is like their quarterback at the moment. Nothing special at any position but good enough to be effective when it counts.

Most of this match up is going to have little to do with Steve Smith realistically. If the Panthers defence plays like they can and did on the first two weeks and Cam gets appropriate protection the Panthers take this one easily.

If the problems on the interior of the line continue offensively the ravens should win by 13.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Danny LaFever posted:

Well the Bears can't run the ball, so you're golden.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Danny LaFever posted:

I agree the Packers D looked decent and Stafford wasn't good but if that game was another few quarters it would of been nothing but the Lions running it down the Packers throat again and again.

Well yeah continuing to possess the ball on a burned out defense = lots of rushing yards.

Did you not watch the Jets or the Lions game? Subbing in Lattimore for Jones has been a massive improvement on run D. The defense got gassed at the end of the game. The defense really hasn't been the problem for a change.

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars

Parmesan Basil posted:

Brady will embarrass the Chiefs secondary and get sacked a few times but still win. Alex Smith with throw like fourteen picks

Somehow Kwalimus pulls off the eternal pessimist schtick with actual insight and analysis. You on the other hand just complain about a single player that is actually pretty good (and really good for an Andy Reid offense) and it's pretty tired at this point.

This game is going to come down to who can establish the better running game, because both lines suck pretty badly in pass protection. I'd say the Chiefs have the edge in the run game and also in the pass rush, and given we're at home I'm going with the Chiefs on this one. Given how Andy Reid has been calling pretty good games here lately, I don't see many if any 7 step drops for Smith and we should continue to get the ball out quick on short routes. Luckily NE doesn't really have a wide receiving corps that scares me even with the weak Chiefs secondary.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Eagles @ 49ers

I keep saying it, but it keeps being true. This is going to be a fun game to watch. That's not to say, however, that it's going to be close.

The Eagles offense is obviously good, but it's actually not as good as it was last year. Week 2, we were totally bailed out by Darren Sproles. Week 3, we were bailed out by Foles playing surprisingly well and a bad Redskins secondary. Week 1 we played the Jaguars. I think this is the week where people realize what the inconsistency of the Eagles offense really means. McCoy hasn't really had a good game yet (he wasn't bad week 2, certainly) and he's not going to start his good weeks against the 49ers run D. Justin Smith and Ian Williams will make sure we gain around 3 ypc. Foles did pretty well under pressure and outside of Justin Smith and Willis, I don't think the 49ers have too much pass rush, so it's going to fall on our passing offense once again. I think the Niners are capable of shutting down our screen game for the most part, too, so it's gonna have to be Maclin, Mathews, and Ertz making a difference. That's especially frightening when you consider how on/off Foles has been since he's been the starter. I really do feel the Eagles will be able to move the ball and even score, but it's not going to be crazy like it's been.

On the other end of things, the 49ers offense looks uninspired. You would have thought that getting Crabtree back and picking up Stevie Johnson would signify a nice step forward for Kaep, but he's been thoroughly mediocre so far. This matchup will be good news for him, though, as the Eagles secondary outside of Malcolm Jenkins and Boykin is a wet tissue. Seriously, Fletcher, Williams, and Allen just plain stink. There's no other way to say it. It could be said, though, that Kaep's one-speed line drive passing style could lead to the Eagles getting a turnover or two. I guess we'll see. Similar to the 49ers, we have a pretty good run defense. Expect Gore/Hyde to have trouble, putting it all on Kaep. We too have little to no pass rush without Curry out there, so expect Kaep to have all day.

So that's what it's going to come down to: QB and WR play. I'd like to say Foles will outplay Kaep, but I think Kaep will have an easier time finding open receivers in time. Eagles win, but only by a field goal.

Eagles O line is looking pretty shaky right now too. There's word that they're going to be rolling with Herremans at right tackle, meaning the interior line is all backups with only a couple of years of experience. I don't know much about Tobin (at LG) or Kelly (RG). Molk is a decent enough run blocker, if not as fast as Kelce, but he's a rookie and sometimes it shows. He's also susceptible to getting pushed around in the passing game. If San Fran can get pressure up the middle Foles is going to have a tough time.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

excidium posted:

Somehow Kwalimus pulls off the eternal pessimist schtick with actual insight and analysis.

Ehhh.... He has an amazingly good memory for (imagined) gibes from 15 years ago though, I'll give him that.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Quiet Feet posted:

Eagles O line is looking pretty shaky right now too. There's word that they're going to be rolling with Herremans at right tackle, meaning the interior line is all backups with only a couple of years of experience. I don't know much about Tobin (at LG) or Kelly (RG). Molk is a decent enough run blocker, if not as fast as Kelce, but he's a rookie and sometimes it shows. He's also susceptible to getting pushed around in the passing game. If San Fran can get pressure up the middle Foles is going to have a tough time.

Ugh. I didn't know they planned to shift Herremans. That's particularly awful because he himself has had a rough start to the season. I realize what they're trying to do - put the 3 decent Olinemen in places where they can cover for the two that will suck, but I think it'd just be better to keep the right edge lovely, even with the inevitable Willis rushes.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Parmesan Basil posted:

I am not a chiefs fan and so rarely watch their games. I hereby challenge you to this:

On the long shot that the chiefs win this game, you will never again make a negative comment about Alex Smith until the start of training camp next year.

If the Patriots win against the chiefs, I will purchase NFL Game Rewind and watch every Chiefs game of this season (this week's and beyond.. Not retroactive) during the following week and post 3-4 sentences in the aftermath thread saying how I feel that Alex Smith contributed to the chiefs either losing that game or how his play could have lost the chiefs that game.

Do we have a deal?

This is how sick I am of reading your stupid, played out, irrational, terrible posts about Alex Smith - whether they are deserved or not.

And yes, I am willing to toxx this. Ask superaielman about my loyalty to toxxes.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

windshipper posted:

I am not a chiefs fan and so rarely watch their games. I hereby challenge you to this:

On the long shot that the chiefs win this game, you will never again make a negative comment about Alex Smith until the start of training camp next year.

If the Patriots win against the chiefs, I will purchase NFL Game Rewind and watch every Chiefs game of this season (this week's and beyond.. Not retroactive) during the following week and post 3-4 sentences in the aftermath thread saying how I feel that Alex Smith contributed to the chiefs either losing that game or how his play could have lost the chiefs that game.

Do we have a deal?

This is how sick I am of reading your stupid, played out, irrational, terrible posts about Alex Smith - whether they are deserved or not.

And yes, I am willing to toxx this. Ask superaielman about my loyalty to toxxes.

drat. This is a good :toxx:!

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
Parm, if you don't accept that toxx, then please accept the fact that if you have nothing worth posting (like I usually do in these matchup and analysis threads), don't post at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

BlindSite posted:

Panthers v Ravens is an interesting one. Realistically the Panthers special teams gave up 11 points to the Steelers in really loving stupid fashion. So loving stupid I'd be amazed if it happened again.

The lack of defensive toughness was a big concern but I know Rivera is going to light into them about pride, not being a bunch of gently caress ups and [insert cliche here].

The ravens pose an interesting question because their entire team is like their quarterback at the moment. Nothing special at any position but good enough to be effective when it counts.

Most of this match up is going to have little to do with Steve Smith realistically. If the Panthers defence plays like they can and did on the first two weeks and Cam gets appropriate protection the Panthers take this one easily.

If the problems on the interior of the line continue offensively the ravens should win by 13.

I don't really know what the Ravens look like on the field this year, but I do know I've seen Steve will his way around the field way too many times to think he'll be silent this game. And if he's proving to be a nuisance as we know he can be, then Torrey could run wild and catch a few deep balls, especially if the defensive line is hosed.

Anyways, Stewart and Tolbert are also out, so we're really relying on Newton and Williams in the backfield. I'd feel a lot better about this game with Stewart in.

I don't know, if the defense shows up, they can make any game close. If not, then yikes. I guess what I'm saying is I wouldn't bet anything on this game.

• Locked thread