Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!

it's beat down!
time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Nice fireplace lighter.

Elim Garak
Aug 5, 2010

Just Offscreen posted:

Nice fireplace lighter.

And photoshopped Spider Jerusalem tattoo.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Elim Garak posted:

And photoshopped Spider Jerusalem tattoo.

It's just meant to be an opposing symbol to the peace sign I think. Also it's probably not a reference to Spider Jerusalem since it's a different design and in the wrong place.

Elim Garak
Aug 5, 2010

Puntification posted:

It's just meant to be an opposing symbol to the peace sign I think. Also it's probably not a reference to Spider Jerusalem since it's a different design and in the wrong place.

I knew it was the wrong place, I thought he found the design on the internet somewhere and just thought "cool, I'll stick it on my dumb thing," but you're right, on re-looking at Transmet art it's not the same design. It's still dumb.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

How many of us can recite this goddamn commercial word-for-word after all these years but have trouble remembering where the gently caress we left our keys ten minutes ago

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

WHO BROKE MY WINDOW :bahgawd:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

The dutch angles in this ad are triggering my PTSD of Battlefield Earth.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Perestroika posted:

Is this even a thing? MRAs keep making it out to be an incredibly common and downright endemic phenomenon, but I can't really remember ever seeing such a commercial in reality.

While MRAs act like it's worse than centuries of systemic sexism towards women, it is a thing that is stupid. And would you believe that feminists believe it's a ridiculous stereotype too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW-FqEaU5Qg

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

It's stopped being much of a joke and started being "what inane, terrible thing can I overlay on a puffin or bear?".

drat the blasted bird and bear, Like loving gum in my hair.
They've never made me laugh, ever, hardly. Frankly, I enjoy a good dance party.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Bonus points for this person if they can't make the connection between this sentiment and women who are tired of being sexually harassed online because of their.

Let's keep this train goin', shall we?

Men are suffering too posted:

I am posting this because I feel like a lot of people on here still don't believe that men are victims of sexual assault. The 'Erection means yes' state of mind is a very dangerous and damaging point of view that hurts a lot of men.

He has been cornered by women, flashed by women, and threatened by women. When he declines them his manhood is called into question or he is painted as the bad guy for thinking that they were trying to hit on him.

Several of these women have successfully gotten people fired because they cried sexual assault falsely after being turned down by men. Workplace policy still favors women in these situations and the man is often presumed guilty without evidence.

Please don't think sexual assault is a one way street. Women are very much capable of it and in my experience men suffer from it more because it is socially acceptable for women to engage in suggestive behaviors that men would get in trouble for.

Fortunately the comments seem to be of the opinion that this is an issue that stems from the belief that men are always aggressive and women are docile, and that feminism is also working to dismantle this problem as well. :unsmith:

HackensackBackpack has a new favorite as of 00:58 on Sep 24, 2014

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Picnic Princess posted:

While MRAs act like it's worse than centuries of systemic sexism towards women, it is a thing that is stupid. And would you believe that feminists believe it's a ridiculous stereotype too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW-FqEaU5Qg

The best part is that every person in charge of advertising companies are men. So it is entirely men perpetuating the stereotype that men are bumbling fools. This way the woman can be the clever housewife, save the day and be sold more garbage.

Quint Gets Eaten
Apr 23, 2014
Regarding loss.jpg, I want to know how Tim Buckley feels that we have been making fun of that one image for years and years. We simply cannot let it die (unlike the baby). On one hand I would imagine he'd be pretty pissed off, but on the other hand, it's sort of beautiful that something so stupid could inspire such enduring creativity in our forum goons. As an artist I'd probably be at least sort of happy that someone recreated my work in the style of Jackson Pollock. Like, at least people remember his creation, even if it's for all the wrong reasons.

Judging by the fact that there are entire threads devoted to mocking him though, I doubt he has much of a sense of humor about it.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
I think "Loss" is the only page he refuses to sell prints of, or respond when inquiries are made about it.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Leofish posted:

Bonus points for this person if they can't make the connection between this sentiment and women who are tired of being sexually harassed online because of their.

Let's keep this train goin', shall we?

Fortunately the comments seem to be of the opinion that this is an issue that stems from the belief that men are always aggressive and women are docile, and that feminism is also working to dismantle this problem as well. :unsmith:

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Quint Gets Eaten posted:

Regarding loss.jpg, I want to know how Tim Buckley feels that we have been making fun of that one image for years and years. We simply cannot let it die (unlike the baby). On one hand I would imagine he'd be pretty pissed off, but on the other hand, it's sort of beautiful that something so stupid could inspire such enduring creativity in our forum goons. As an artist I'd probably be at least sort of happy that someone recreated my work in the style of Jackson Pollock. Like, at least people remember his creation, even if it's for all the wrong reasons.

Judging by the fact that there are entire threads devoted to mocking him though, I doubt he has much of a sense of humor about it.

Maybe he should do a Loss about Loss and it will die too.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Quint Gets Eaten posted:

He's pretty much established that he doesn't have a sense of humor, yeah.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

RyokoTK posted:

He's pretty much established that he doesn't have a sense of humor, yeah.

Not that you need one for a webcomic, though.

Quint Gets Eaten
Apr 23, 2014
I've never read through any of the CAD mock threads, but the idea of the creator not having a sense of humor about the fact that he made a wildly out-of-place four-panel miscarriage comic is really really funny. All creative types make dumb mistakes with their work, just accept your fate of being made fun of on an internet forum for your dead baby comic.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Part of the reason CAD mock threads are still a thing in 2014 is the fact that Buckley's head is so far up his own rear end it's like a moebius strip of self-importance. It goes beyond the fact that the comic is stupid, because honestly it's mostly just blandly dumb. It's that the dude is a loving arrogant toolbox.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

RyokoTK posted:

Part of the reason CAD mock threads are still a thing in 2014 is the fact that Buckley's head is so far up his own rear end it's like a moebius strip of self-importance. It goes beyond the fact that the comic is stupid, because honestly it's mostly just blandly dumb. It's that the dude is a loving arrogant toolbox.

Nah, his recent comics range from unoffensively bland to almost mildly amusing. His art has improved, too.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Paladinus posted:

Nah, his recent comics range from unoffensively bland to almost mildly amusing. His art has improved, too.

I'll grant you that the art's improved, but uh, I'd still firmly call it "blandly dumb."

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

Why is this version missing the 3rd panel? That's the whole point of bad-joke-dog-or-whatever-this-meme-is-called.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Steve Holt! posted:

Why is this version missing the 3rd panel? That's the whole point of bad-joke-dog-or-whatever-this-meme-is-called.

Took me a moment to parse this one. Goddamn is that a fitting joke for the meme.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

kannonfodder posted:

The best part is that every person in charge of advertising companies are men. So it is entirely men perpetuating the stereotype that men are bumbling fools. This way the woman can be the clever housewife, save the day and be sold more garbage.

And the underlying message is "Women need to do all the cooking and cleaning and child-raising because that is women's work and men can't do it."

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Data Graham posted:

WHO BROKE MY WINDOW :bahgawd:

Okay, gently caress you. A lot. For putting this song back into my head after thirty years.

Telling the truth isn't going to be easy.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Agrikk posted:

Okay, gently caress you. A lot. For putting this song back into my head after thirty years.

So that's where J.G. Wentworth got his inspiration.

fleshy echidna
Apr 11, 2010
Man this discussion of advertisements is really boring and lame, thank god I'm not affected by this bullshi588-2300

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

fleshy echidna posted:

Man this discussion of advertisements is really boring and lame, thank god I'm not affected by this bullshi588-2300

Empiiiiiiiiiiire!

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Centripetal Horse posted:

Empiiiiiiiiiiire!

...Today!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Agrikk posted:

Holy gently caress. I remember that commercial, had it on tapes of some star trek episodes.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

kannonfodder posted:

Holy gently caress. I remember that commercial, had it on tapes of some star trek episodes.

This is the best goddamned thing I've ever seen.

Captain Lavender has a new favorite as of 07:02 on Sep 24, 2014

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Caufman
May 7, 2007

"As a woman I'm sick and tired of being attacked online simply because of my gender" can also work as a true statement, but not a puffin meme. That bakes the noodle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

RyokoTK posted:

I'll grant you that the art's improved, but uh, I'd still firmly call it "blandly dumb."

This is where sensible_chuckle.gif would go if I had even managed to get one of those out of that comic.

• Locked thread