Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

quote:

I've got a Modern Peasant Cube that I want to add the odd Wrath effect to. I realize that all proper Wrath effects are rare, so I was going to make an exception. (List is here Modern Peasant Cube). Three questions spring to mind:
1. Is this a stupid idea that will make playing the cube terrible?
2. How many Wraths belong in a 360 card Cube?
3. Which ones? I was thinking that higher cost Wrath effects might be less unbalancing - either Solar Tide or Final Judgement in white, and maybe either Extinguish All Hope, Hex or Life's Finale in black.

There is also a list of cards in the newest post of the cube blog - any must-includes or rejections would be helpful if you have the time.
What about adding some red wraths that do a good job of keeping aggro off of control's back? Stuff like Pyroclasm, Firespout, Sulfurous Blast, Breath of Darigaaz, Slice and Dice, Shower of Coals?

EDIT: drat, I'm stupid, forgot that you were running a modern cube. Sulfurous Blast, Pyroclasm, Firespout, Electrickery, and Whipflare might still be worth including. Still, I'd sooner add a non-modern exception than a rare exception.

hey mom its 420 fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Aug 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Aston posted:

After watching several Vintage Masters drafts, I've been looking at Astral Slide as a possible inclusion in my cube. The problem is that whilst it is a powerful card in the right deck, it is both extremely narrow and does nothing on its own. There's also an element of any deck it is included in being built around the effect it gives, although obviously that generally means cards with cycling and creatures with good comes-into-play abilities, both of which are fine on their own. Unfortunately I do not get to cube as often as I'd like, so in lieu of testing this I'm just going to lay out my thoughts for feedback.

The main issue is that in order to support Slide, there must be a critical mass of cyclers in the cube. Having a quick look through my list (found here, though it's currently kind of in the middle of an update) shows I currently have a grand total of two: Decree of Justice and Miscalculation. The question is then how many cube-viable cyclers are there, and how many cards can we afford to run just because they have cycling? I think that there's a pretty good argument for cards like Krosan Tusker, Undead Gladiator and Eternal Dragon, and some cubes probably run these already, but cards like these drop off pretty quickly. It's probably not too much of a stretch to include some cycling lands - I prefer the Slippery Karst type over the Tranquil Thicket type, as they are more easily run off colour, but are cards like Wild Dogs, Cloud of Faeries or even Akroma's Vengeance really strong enough any more? I don't want to include cards that don't fit in any other deck than Slide - the lands at least synergise with Life from the Loam/Fastbond/Crucible, and the others are strong enough in their own right.

A secondary issue is that I at least would want to spread things through at least 2-3 colours other than white, so that if you draft Slide you're not forced into the same deck every time. Green-White with Life from the Loam and Eternal Witness and White-Black around Undead Gladiator for unlimited cycling and Nekrataals both seem pretty reasonable, but how do you build White-Blue or White-Red? Should these be supported? I hate the feeling in cube of it being a bunch of archetypes the designer has shuffled together and it's just my job to try and reassemble these from the packs I'm given, and I think this is a real possibility with Slide due to the limitations of the cards available.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has already tested Astral Slide, and if so what the results are, and if not whether you think I'm crazy to even consider it.

If you play a cube that runs multiples, having a few copies of both Slide and Rift can give RW a "cycling archetype" that would be fun to draft. However, as a lone 1-of that you intend to play in multiple color combinations, you'll probably run into a few problems. First off, a lone Rift or Slide floating around in the deck isn't particularly great, even if you have the critical mass of cyclers for it. It might be enough to compete in a swiss Vintage Masters draft, but in the cube, it'll get stomped on. Second, if that lone Slide/Rift doesn't show up for you, the cube gets diluted with random cycling spells that are okay, but probably not up to cube standards in comparison to the cards they're replacing. So unless you're willing to run multiples and want to have a strong cycling theme dedicated to one particular guild, I think the whole experiment will be a bust in the cube setting. Just my $0.02.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I think if you're going to throw in a singleton build-around card that does nothing on its own, the support cards for it have to be stuff that is good on its own. You don't want to have to fill your cube up with bad cycling cards to support an archetype that relies on a single card that deck might not even draw.

Build-around-mes are fun, but for Cube I much prefer stuff like, say, Intangible Virtue. It's powerful in the right deck, but that deck doesn't fall over and die if it doesn't draw it, and the cards that deck wants will fit into other decks, you're not forced to fill your cube with bad-in-every-other-deck cards if you want to have a Tokens archetype draftable.

The fact that in a normal cube you only get one copy of a "build-around-me" card makes it hard to justify running some of those cards.

Heartless Summoning for example is a fantastically fun card to build around, but you really need 4 of them in your deck for that deck to work, so it's not a good fit for Cube.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

I ordered a collectors edition set recently. The thing is awesome - the prints are beautiful and sleeve amazingly and are super duper minty even after being over 20 years old.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Mox Jet really is the ugly one of the bunch.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

That is really pretty.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

More cube swag! I live near the guy who ran the kickstarter for the CubeVault (cubevault.com) who ended up being an awesome dude. Also, his collection is ridiculous - he has quite possibly 20 to 30 grand in misprints including power in alpha and beta as well as ridiculous foils, alters and etc. As far as the box goes the thing is built like a tank. It's a little weighty, but it makes up for that in construction quality and I think it's pretty. :allears:

KMC Hyper Matte Green sleeves are in the mail to replace my Dragon Shields that I have to clean all too often. And now my sleeves will match my case!

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Null1fy posted:

I ordered a collectors edition set recently. The thing is awesome - the prints are beautiful and sleeve amazingly and are super duper minty even after being over 20 years old.

are these proxies, or did you spend 20 grand?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Null1fy posted:

More cube swag! I live near the guy who ran the kickstarter for the CubeVault (cubevault.com) who ended up being an awesome dude. Also, his collection is ridiculous - he has quite possibly 20 to 30 grand in misprints including power in alpha and beta as well as ridiculous foils, alters and etc. As far as the box goes the thing is built like a tank. It's a little weighty, but it makes up for that in construction quality and I think it's pretty. :allears:

KMC Hyper Matte Green sleeves are in the mail to replace my Dragon Shields that I have to clean all too often. And now my sleeves will match my case!

Since you spoke with him, any word if this is a one-off thing or can I eventually order one of those things?

I'm bringing my cube with me to GP Orlando (just moved away from FL so my old play group wants to do a draft at the hotel for old times' sake), and I am thinking about the logistics of traveling on a plane with it. This thing would be my carry-on if I had one, I don't trust putting ANY of my cards in my checked bags after my experiences with the TSA (e.g. a few months ago I found a little note that my bag had been opened for inspection and discovered that my digital camera magically vanished).

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

LaTex Fetish posted:

Collector's Edition. Official product but square-cornered cards with different card backs, not tournament legal.

Still probably stupid expensive though.

Entropic fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Aug 27, 2014

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

LaTex Fetish posted:

Entropic posted:

Collector's Edition. Official product but square-cornered cards with different card backs, not tournament legal.

Still probably stupid expensive though.

They were pretty expensive, but cheaper than eBay or other stores. I found one for a deal and pulled the trigger.

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Since you spoke with him, any word if this is a one-off thing or can I eventually order one of those things?

I'm bringing my cube with me to GP Orlando (just moved away from FL so my old play group wants to do a draft at the hotel for old times' sake), and I am thinking about the logistics of traveling on a plane with it. This thing would be my carry-on if I had one, I don't trust putting ANY of my cards in my checked bags after my experiences with the TSA (e.g. a few months ago I found a little note that my bag had been opened for inspection and discovered that my digital camera magically vanished).

Call him up - he doesn't like people trying to just click and buy online because it really is an intimate process that he takes a lot of pride in, in making them. I had the benefit of going there to make one with him but I'm sure he would be willing to help you select a color for the case and velvet that he lines the inside with.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Null1fy posted:

Call him up - he doesn't like people trying to just click and buy online because it really is an intimate process that he takes a lot of pride in, in making them. I had the benefit of going there to make one with him but I'm sure he would be willing to help you select a color for the case and velvet that he lines the inside with.

Will do. Seems to be worth the investment, especially if I'm going to travel with this thing.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost
Hey thread! My friends and I aren't huge into Magic, but we like to draft every once in a while and I got it into my head that it'd be neat to build a cube for a more controlled draft environment. I'm thinking something Ravnica-based, since drafting that was some of the most fun I've ever had with the game, and I love the multicolor guild themes.

First off, is this a terrible idea? Are there better drafting formats for a bunch of casual players?

I don't have a ton of cards, so I plan on proxying most of it. It's mostly just a matter of taking the time to put this together.

Next, does anyone have any suggestions for Ravnica cube lists? I found a couple on the web with a Google search:

http://cubetutor.com/viewcube/17576 (from http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/the-cube-forum/cube-lists/489042-360-themed-ravnica-complete)
http://cubetutor.com/viewcube/17575 (from http://www.gatheringmagic.com/nassim-ketita-04092013-building-the-full-ravnica-cube-part-1-a-new-paradigm-in-cube-drafting/)

Would either of these work as a decent starting point? I'm kind of leaning towards the 360 one, but I honestly have almost no idea what I'm looking at or what kind of play either would produce.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Cube is the greatest format known to man and you should build one immediately. It is the best.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Honestly, people get real hung up on Cube lists and 'the best XYZ card' for each role etc etc. Truthfully, we've had a blast just sifting through a pile ofa ssorted junk, turning it into a cube at one point, and refining it from there, occasionally outright overhauling things to swap in/out an archetype. Just throw in cards you want to play with. It's why my cube will always have a Fungusaur.

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK
I read an interesting article RE. cubing the other day: Removing Removal in Cube, which has inspired me to work on some changes in my own cube.

It seems to make a lot of sense to me (I have a modern peasant cube), and since I had nearly three pieces of removal per pack (approaching 20% of the whole cube was removal), I have noticed the game being more of a creature/answer/creature/answer game, with creature-heavy board states being very rare. Even spread evenly across all players, there would be ~9 pieces of creature removal each, and those would usually make it into decks above almost anything else.

When 9 of everyone's 22 cards (not counting bounce or counterspells) is removal, creatures are not good to have any more. Cutting that number to nearer 6 should be better.

However, this leaves me with 11 cards I need to replace, mostly in red and black. Those colours could quite happily support a few land destruction cards in place of the burn/creature destruction they are losing. Does anyone run much land destruction in their cubes, and if so, how much?

On another note, I'm glad to be gaining the other five 3-colour taplands with the arrival of Khans of Tarkir. Ten tri-lands, five vivid lands and ten guildgates should support 360 cards of decks nicely; without having to sink as low as Mirrodin's Core or Transguild Promenade. (I'm not adding the lifegain taplands, as they will make the aggro archetypes suffer unnecessarily).

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Death of Rats posted:

without having to sink as low as Mirrodin's Core or Transguild Promenade.

:what: Mirrodin's Core is one of the better fixers available in Peasant, in my experience. Promenade isn't bad either, it eats up your turn 2 but after that it usually means you have no color problems for the rest of the game.

Personally I've come to dislike dual lands since they just seem so narrow - at a full 8-person draft it's likely that only one, maybe two players are interested in any particular dual, which means they usually aren't interesting picks to make. And if you draft with fewer than 8 players, it's likely that duals show up that nobody at the table has any interest in.

Instead I'm trying to fit in more lands that are desirable by anyone who needs fixing, which I feel should make for a little more competition over fixing lands. At the moment I'm looking at running the Vivid lands, the full ten tri-lands, Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse, City of Brass, Gemstone Mine, Mirrodin's Core, and Rupture Spire (not sure if I want Promenade in as well). I'm also considering trying Ancient Ziggurat as a fixer for aggro/midrange decks that just care about playing all their creatures on curve and can't afford the loss of tempo from ETB-tapped lands.

Also, re: removal amounts, that article was a really interesting read. I'm trying to encourage a few things like more combat tricks and more synergies that would be helped by having a little less removal than usual in the cube, but I hadn't thought about actually sitting down and quantifying it with the as-fan of a pack. I'm going to have to do that now and see how my numbers stack up.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

A collector's edition set is my #1 recommendation to someone that wants to build a powered cube. It's affordable, looks amazing, and fits the exact purpose of what I want for the cube. Even in a small cube (~360) there are over 40 cards you can use from your CE set, and they all look fantastic.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

WhiteWolf123 posted:

A collector's edition set is my #1 recommendation to someone that wants to build a powered cube. It's affordable, looks amazing, and fits the exact purpose of what I want for the cube. Even in a small cube (~360) there are over 40 cards you can use from your CE set, and they all look fantastic.

Yeah, the thing is baller. Everyone who has used my cube now loves the black bordered power/duals. And they're in great condition - the real deal of the same mintage would cost me an automobile.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Suppose I want to build a powered cube but don't have the money for it - would it be legal/possible for me to pay somebody or purchase foil proxies of all the cards in the cube, supposing that those cards are pretty clearly not meant to be legitimate versions of those cards?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Sampatrick posted:

Suppose I want to build a powered cube but don't have the money for it - would it be legal/possible for me to pay somebody or purchase foil proxies of all the cards in the cube, supposing that those cards are pretty clearly not meant to be legitimate versions of those cards?

It's one of the most common ways to do so, in fact. So long as you're not advertising the proxies card as real and trying to sell them as such, there's no concern.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Sampatrick posted:

This is totally fine, and gives you the neat option of having alternate art/full art cards that don't exist in paper. Want that sweet modo underground sea art? Totally doable.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

I'm pretty sure the only thing you absolutely have to do when making the proxies (foil or standard) is to make sure that if you're using the real art to keep the artist copyright stamp on the card. I think wizards can getcha for that if you edit it out. But when I first built my powered cube I used 192 foil proxies before I started pimping it out with the real deal foils.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Death of Rats posted:

I read an interesting article RE. cubing the other day: Removing Removal in Cube, which has inspired me to work on some changes in my own cube.

It seems to make a lot of sense to me (I have a modern peasant cube), and since I had nearly three pieces of removal per pack (approaching 20% of the whole cube was removal), I have noticed the game being more of a creature/answer/creature/answer game, with creature-heavy board states being very rare. Even spread evenly across all players, there would be ~9 pieces of creature removal each, and those would usually make it into decks above almost anything else.

When 9 of everyone's 22 cards (not counting bounce or counterspells) is removal, creatures are not good to have any more. Cutting that number to nearer 6 should be better.

However, this leaves me with 11 cards I need to replace, mostly in red and black. Those colours could quite happily support a few land destruction cards in place of the burn/creature destruction they are losing. Does anyone run much land destruction in their cubes, and if so, how much?

On another note, I'm glad to be gaining the other five 3-colour taplands with the arrival of Khans of Tarkir. Ten tri-lands, five vivid lands and ten guildgates should support 360 cards of decks nicely; without having to sink as low as Mirrodin's Core or Transguild Promenade. (I'm not adding the lifegain taplands, as they will make the aggro archetypes suffer unnecessarily).

I did that for my common/uncommon cube, but I think I still need to do even more tweaking. Everyone likes my cube, but the two or even three-for-ones were getting tiring. I took out a lot of those, and added a lot of removal-resistant creatures.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Sampatrick posted:

Yeah this is pretty much what I've been doing for quite some time. It was pretty funny that I used making proxies for other people's cubes as the means to get all of the real cards that comprise my own.

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core
So I just finished ordering all of the tokens for my cube which is exciting. Like I suspected, every token for my cube officially exists except for the stupid loving 1/1 snake from Ophiomancer. Anyways...

I was trying to figure out what the easiest way to store the tokens were. Originally I was going to use those small Ultra pro snap cases, like one of these:

But I tested one of these that I got in an order and see that they're not big enough for sleeved cards/tokens. Do you guys have tokens for your cube? How do you store them? I guess the alternative would be to have a fat pack with dividers for each token type, but it just seemed like it would've been hella convenient if each token type just had its own box so you could pass them around easily. As far as I know there is not a great way to store small amounts of sleeved cards like this.

Ebethron
Apr 27, 2008

"I hear the coast is nice this time of year."
"If you're in the right business, it's nice all the year."

BJPaskoff posted:

I did that for my common/uncommon cube, but I think I still need to do even more tweaking. Everyone likes my cube, but the two or even three-for-ones were getting tiring. I took out a lot of those, and added a lot of removal-resistant creatures.

Chiming in in agreement.

Part of the problem is that most of the good removal is common or uncommon, which creates an imbalance. Swords and Bolt are good answers to 'goyf and Dark Confident, they are too much for a world of Serra Angels. I reduced the amount of redundant instant-speed black removal and put in narrower and more conditional removal - recent limited sets have shown that removal doesn't need to be 2 mana to get played. I've also doubled up on the good equipment: Bonesplitter, Trusty Machete and Morningstar. As they can be passed from creature to creature they increase the impact of aggro's threats.

Nekrataal and Skinrender are the two cards I am really unsure about, they seem like the best black peasant creatures by a long way, maybe even the best creatures in the format.

The other problem is that Red aggro needs burn, but burn also helps the Grixis control decks. I've tried to add lots of threaten effects to give red aggro something only it wants, and creatures like Crossway Vampire that make it hard for control decks to stabilize.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

ChewyLSB posted:

So I just finished ordering all of the tokens for my cube which is exciting. Like I suspected, every token for my cube officially exists except for the stupid loving 1/1 snake from Ophiomancer. Anyways...

I was trying to figure out what the easiest way to store the tokens were. Originally I was going to use those small Ultra pro snap cases, like one of these:

But I tested one of these that I got in an order and see that they're not big enough for sleeved cards/tokens. Do you guys have tokens for your cube? How do you store them? I guess the alternative would be to have a fat pack with dividers for each token type, but it just seemed like it would've been hella convenient if each token type just had its own box so you could pass them around easily. As far as I know there is not a great way to store small amounts of sleeved cards like this.

Just use a different colored sleeve so they're distinguished from the normal cube cards and don't get shuffled in? Keep them in the same box as the rest of the cube.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

jassi007 posted:

Just use a different colored sleeve so they're distinguished from the normal cube cards and don't get shuffled in? Keep them in the same box as the rest of the cube.

That's what I do with mine. The Cube cards are sleeved in black, the tokens are sleeved in white and are alphabetically stored in their own row with the pre-sleeved basic lands (I use a holiday box to store it), so there's no possible confusion.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

ChewyLSB posted:

Do you guys have tokens for your cube? How do you store them? I guess the alternative would be to have a fat pack with dividers for each token type, but it just seemed like it would've been hella convenient if each token type just had its own box so you could pass them around easily. As far as I know there is not a great way to store small amounts of sleeved cards like this.

I just store all my tokens in a separate box. I keep them in color/alphabetical order so they're easily tracked down and put back. I have all the tokens sleeved in a different color than the cube cards so they don't get accidentally shuffled into the deck.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I just drafted the most nutso RDW on the MTGO cube. Let's just say turn 3 Thunderblusts were had and my opponents tended to concede by the time Rabblemaster resolved. :allears:

The dark horse of the deck was probably Slagstorm, which did double duty as a poor man's Flame Rift as well as a boardwipe. Stromkirk Noble was also hilariously good against my first opponent, who went Noble Hierarch -> Shardless Agent 2 games straight (then died to a 4/4 vampire and his buddies). Apart from that, it was just the usual pile of 1-drops, burn spells and Cursed Scroll, along with Rolling Earthquake and Greater Gargadon.

I tried siding into my fairly strong black cards against the control deck in round 2, but I went back to mono-red when I was on the play again because Hippy and Hymn are actually kinda garbage in RDW.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Man the current MTGO cube is pretty bad. I've been getting into streaming (not that anyone ever watches yet but it makes me think about my plays a lot more when someone is in channel) and I can't help but talk poo poo about almost all the new inclusions every time they come up.

They definitely are pushing totally worthless cards that are dead weight in cube for no reason other than them being new - which, while a pretty common thing, normally at least involves cards you'd THINK might be ok. But nope, shove a few souls and other random garbage in there with no real abilities, I'm sure that will muster of to the likes of Cryptic Command and friends!

Ebethron posted:

Nekrataal and Skinrender are the two cards I am really unsure about, they seem like the best black peasant creatures by a long way, maybe even the best creatures in the format.

Let me introduce you to my pal mulldrifter

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I think the only new inclusions of any worth are the M14/15 planeswalkers, the gods and Goblin Rabblemaster. I am far from a cube aficionado, so I can't say what else has changed, but I agree that there are some shonky new cards in there purely for the sake of being new.

e: Oh, and Master of waves.

ungulateman fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Sep 26, 2014

Ebethron
Apr 27, 2008

"I hear the coast is nice this time of year."
"If you're in the right business, it's nice all the year."

I Love You! posted:

Let me introduce you to my pal mulldrifter

Yeah, I am nervous about its place in cube too. Some of those midrange value creatures really stand head and shoulders over other cards.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost
Where do you guys get your bulk sleeves? Is there a decent website that sells them by the case?

And I figure I'll single sleeve. Are Dragonshields still the go-to recommendation for that?

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Ebethron posted:

Yeah, I am nervous about its place in cube too. Some of those midrange value creatures really stand head and shoulders over other cards.

I mean if it helps any I windmill slam Mulldrifter 1st in regular cubes too since he's a top 5 card in any strategy at all that even splashes blue so it's not like he'll be better or worse than normal.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

I Love You! posted:

I mean if it helps any I windmill slam Mulldrifter 1st in regular cubes too since he's a top 5 card in any strategy at all that even splashes blue so it's not like he'll be better or worse than normal.

The thing about Mulldrifter is even though it's very powerful in peasant/pauper... it's at least powerful in an interesting way. You can blink it, bounce it, clone it, reanimate it, and sometimes you are faced with an interesting decision of whether to Divination or wait for the full value.

My point is, something has to be the most powerful - flat power curves are a pipe dream and not even necessarily a good play experience if achievable.

Personally, I'm excited for Delve cards in Cube - Treasure Cruise, get in!

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

ImpactVector posted:

Where do you guys get your bulk sleeves? Is there a decent website that sells them by the case?

And I figure I'll single sleeve. Are Dragonshields still the go-to recommendation for that?

Channel Fireball sells sleeves in matching sets of 5 packs for a fairly reasonable rate. Dragonshields or KCMs are the norm.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

ImpactVector posted:

potomacdistribution is dirt cheap on bulk sleeves. If you're going to single-sleeve, I'd go with Dragonshields. If you're going to double-sleeve, I'd use KMC perfect fits and KMC sleeves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Well, I'm playing a cube deck without any fixing lands at all. This was a bad decision and I can't wait to scrub out 0-3 with my BW reanimator jank.

e: I lied, I have a single Arcane Sanctum.

Round 1 has ended with me Exhuming my Iona while my opponent has a Keranos in the yard and a Liliana able to -2 on the board.

He then casts Control Magic on my Iona. :suicide:

ungulateman fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Sep 26, 2014