Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Shbobdb posted:

Noted racist Louie C.K. using the offensive "How!" gesture as a greeting for Native Americans as a joke.

Noted racist how exactly? Dude seems pretty not at all racist to me. And he says hi and waves his hand not how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The amount of people who don't get jokes on this comedy forum is staggering.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Keep in mind a bunch of people forget this is a comedy forum.

Fake edit: because a lot of unfunny people post in it

Hth

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
The amount of people who serious post poo poo like that is staggering as well.

Eh we all miss one once in a while. My bad.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I was wikipediaing random stuff about rap and somehow ended up on a YouTube of the Rodney Kind incident. If you don't want to kill all humanity, don't read the comments on the full version video that's on there.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Kimmalah posted:

The cover up of what? Climate change or is full on "faked the moon landing" crazy? Just curious.

He was specifically asking about climate change, but he did keep referring to nasa as "shady" and alluding to the other things they "get up to", so I wouldn't be surprised if he believes in all the moon hoax stuff. But mostly it was asking if I knew George Soros, James Hansen, etc and asking if I faked any data lately. I should note that my job had absolutely nothing to do with climate change, as I tried to explain to him many times.

vv Well that's a new one to me. Since he posted the ice thing by the way, someone did make a big effort post explaining why he was wrong. He hasn't responded in 10 hours and went on to post a video of Obama doing a "latte salute" (which I guess is bad for some reason), the IRS targeting conservatives and an article about the "conspiracy to destroy Rush Limbaugh".

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 06:40 on Sep 24, 2014

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Murphy Brownback posted:

He was specifically asking about climate change, but he did keep referring to nasa as "shady" and alluding to the other things they "get up to", so I wouldn't be surprised if he believes in all the moon hoax stuff. But mostly it was asking if I knew George Soros, James Hansen, etc and asking if I faked any data lately. I should note that my job had absolutely nothing to do with climate change, as I tried to explain to him many times.

The modern conservative line about NASA isn't that the moon landing is faked, it's that Obama has reassigned them to spread Islam. :ssh:

John Liver
May 4, 2009

LaughMyselfTo posted:

The modern conservative line about NASA isn't that the moon landing is faked, it's that Obama has reassigned them to spread Islam. :ssh:

Spreading the Prophet's message to convert the good Christians of Mars, and beyond.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

LaughMyselfTo posted:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Leofish posted:

I'll say it again, God bless Anita Sarkeesian. Holy cow she gets nerds riled up. But seriously, why wouldn't the media be talking about Disney song parodies about the gaming industry?

I'm asking everyone not just you but; when was the last time the media actually talked about video games in general? Was it that dude getting SWAT called on him during a livestream?

Murphy Brownback posted:

vv Well that's a new one to me. Since he posted the ice thing by the way, someone did make a big effort post explaining why he was wrong. He hasn't responded in 10 hours and went on to post a video of Obama doing a "latte salute" (which I guess is bad for some reason),

And, according to military people on this site, people in the military will do this all the time to try and gently caress with their superior officers to the point that no one carries things like coffee in their right hands.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

RareAcumen posted:

I'm asking everyone not just you but; when was the last time the media actually talked about video games in general? Was it that dude getting SWAT called on him during a livestream?

I can't remember the last time a mainstream newscast had a story about video games in it as an actual news item, that wasn't put in a "this week in tech" segment or something. The CBC in Canada did a report on Twitch Plays Pokemon for their national TV news as a kicker near the end of the Red version run, I remember that. But in terms of coverage of the industry, not even E3 gets main newscast airtime, generally.

And I honestly don't recall much TV coverage of Anita Sarkeesian either, though I do know she's been written about by mainstream newspapers and was on CBC Radio a couple of years ago, but that was a talk piece on her kickstarter, and not a strictly newsy item.

Aside from that, the only time anything gaming related gets mainstream press or airtime is if a political figure says something about it, or someone shoots a bunch of people and they find out he played Call of Duty or whatever, but even that line of speculation is dying down because everybody games now.

I have to wonder if the the musical geniuses at /v/ have even tried to contact any news orgs about their song parody YouTubes. Like, is this something they're going to take on the road, with performers and concert dates? They've obviously got a point they want to drive home, but there are millions of stories out there, and only so much time in a day to talk about them. So aside from passive-aggressive infographics about how ignored they are, what else have they done to stand out from the crowd?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wizard of Smart posted:

Keep in mind a bunch of people forget this is a comedy forum.

Fake edit: because a lot of unfunny people post in it

Hth

I resemble that remark.

Moon Man
Mar 31, 2006

The Moon, for Christ's Sake
Apparently today, Obama saluted some marines as he was getting out of a chopper. He saluted while he had a cup in his hand so of course there is vicious and stupid outrage from the right and people on facebook because "he is so disrespectful!!!!". Clearly a threat to us all.

I had one old friend post about this incident as well as mention that Obama needs to "quit playing golf all the time and do his job". To which I really want to respond with "now...watch this drive"

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

LaughMyselfTo posted:

Because when I think NASA I automatically think religion. I knew people were nuts but I've honestly never heard this one before. Do they think NASA is going to engrave something Islamic on the moon or something?

Moon Man posted:

Apparently today, Obama saluted some marines as he was getting out of a chopper. He saluted while he had a cup in his hand so of course there is vicious and stupid outrage from the right and people on facebook because "he is so disrespectful!!!!". Clearly a threat to us all.

I had one old friend post about this incident as well as mention that Obama needs to "quit playing golf all the time and do his job". To which I really want to respond with "now...watch this drive"

Point out that the last president spent most of his time playing dude ranch instead of being president. In fact I'm pretty sure a lot of presidents have taken tons of vacation time compared to Obama. But I know he's the antichrist, secret Muslim overlord, etc. etc. so it wouldn't convince anyone anyway.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I'm told that Taft spent quite a bit of time in his bathtub. What a lazy and ineffective president.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
In the military you are supposed to not carry things in your right hand for saluting purposes. If you have to carry something, you acknowledge the salute and move on. He probably should have given a polite head nod instead of half rear end saluting with the cup, but he isn't in the military and was probably still in the right.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

omnibobb posted:

In the military you are supposed to not carry things in your right hand for saluting purposes. If you have to carry something, you acknowledge the salute and move on. He probably should have given a polite head nod instead of half rear end saluting with the cup, but he isn't in the military and was probably still in the right.

It really doesn't matter if he had the coffee cup or not, it probably still would have picked it apart as being disrespectful somehow. Like a few years ago when people saw a picture of him with the Marines facing away from him and interpreted it as some kind of political commentary on their part when really it was just the standard procedure. Or when they lost their poo poo because one of the guys held an umbrella over him or when Michelle dishonored the presidency by wearing a sleeveless outfit and on and on

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Obama just nodded to are troops!!! What, he can't salute with a cup in his hand?!

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

remember that you are posting in pyf

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

Kimmalah posted:

It really doesn't matter if he had the coffee cup or not, it probably still would have picked it apart as being disrespectful somehow. Like a few years ago when people saw a picture of him with the Marines facing away from him and interpreted it as some kind of political commentary on their part when really it was just the standard procedure. Or when they lost their poo poo because one of the guys held an umbrella over him or when Michelle dishonored the presidency by wearing a sleeveless outfit and on and on

Aggravated presiding while black

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
You just can't win with those people. No matter what explanation you give them, they'll just flip the script and hit you with another dose of insanity.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Maybe it's an extension of the 'MILITARY = HEROES' and 'THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE'. Obama may be Commander-in-Chief, but those Marines...they're the real heroes.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

When I was in the army I saluted this pilot going into the PX, and he didn't salute back. But instead of going all "COURT MARSHALL THE DISRESPECTFUL SON OF A BEACH :byodood:" I remembered that it's kind of the higher ranking persons prerogative whether they return it or not and went about my day.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Krispy Kareem posted:

Maybe it's an extension of the 'MILITARY = HEROES' and 'THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE'. Obama may be Commander-in-Chief, but those Marines...they're the real heroes.

A lot of the military doesn't even give a poo poo.

My salutes have been ignored by people way less important than the President.

v Generally, but there's always some fuckin' military basket case who loses his poo poo about ARE HEROES; generally they have a bunch turbogay-for-the-military poo poo on their vehicle. v

Wasabi the J has a new favorite as of 15:11 on Sep 24, 2014

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
I'm pretty sure the people that freak out about this thing have never even been in the military.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Wasabi the J posted:

My salutes have been ignored by people way less important than the President.

A lot of people forget that the President isn't just a political civilian, they are the highest person in the chain of command for every branch of US Armed Forces. He is so far above those other guys in rank that even acknowledging that they exist is more than is expected of him. If he stopped to salute back to every marine he comes across he wouldn't have any time left to do his job.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Mark Key knows what's really important. :):coffee:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Kimmalah posted:

Because when I think NASA I automatically think religion. I knew people were nuts but I've honestly never heard this one before. Do they think NASA is going to engrave something Islamic on the moon or something?

Holy poo poo they're going to blow a huge chunk of it off and turn it into a permanent crescent. It's genius. I may as well go buy a prayer mat now.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

karl fungus posted:

I'm pretty sure the people that freak out about this thing have never even been in the military.

Or they tried and were so terrible they either managed to get kicked out or couldn't qualify somehow.

davebo posted:

Holy poo poo they're going to blow a huge chunk of it off and turn it into a permanent crescent. It's genius. I may as well go buy a prayer mat now.

Guess I should go buy my burqa now. :(

modernwinglish
Dec 28, 2012

I'll squawk the world and molt with you

Krispy Kareem posted:

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
I rarely see political posts any more but at least 9 friends have posted about the drat coffee. Not a single one was ever in the military or has immediate relatives in the military. It's made me a few new awesome friends though, talking and adding the people who touch the poop!

A big thing I learned (from a post linking to Snopes, I think) is that the president isn't even supposed to salute them. He isn't in the military (even if a president once was, he is no longer active) and isn't in uniform. loving Reagan was the one who started doing it, and it was considered a huge faux pas. Here's a quick Reuters article on it from 2008. Which of course if from the lamestream media and isn't to be trusted because it isn't from Rush or Beck or Palin or whoever.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Man, I may not miss Bush's politics, but I do miss having a total goof as president who people would just giggle at. Taupegate wouldn't have happened with Bush.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Man, I may not miss Bush's politics, but I do miss having a total goof as president who people would just giggle at. Taupegate wouldn't have happened with Bush.

But we did get his failed Pretzel-cide.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Crain posted:

But we did get his failed Pretzel-cide.

I forget if it was a small, hard pretzel from a bag or a big, soft pretzel, but almost dying from either is pretty hilarious for reasons all their own.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I forget if it was a small, hard pretzel from a bag or a big, soft pretzel, but almost dying from either is pretty hilarious for reasons all their own.

Small hard pretzel.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost
Speaking of really loving stupid Obama stuff, a friend of mine just posted this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pbQFGxBZvQ

With the comment that, "Unbelievable...but actually is does fall perfectly in line with everything else the man believes."

My response:

quote:

This is a deceptively edited version of the actual speech intended to give it exactly the opposite meaning of what was intended.

You don't have to agree with the man's politics to realize that no leader of a democratic nation would make a statement like this. It's like posting a video of the Pope saying he loves Satan and actually believing it.

Please don't post stupid stuff without checking it first. All that does is continue to spread ignorance and stupidity.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2014/jun/23/chain-email/video-barack-obama-speech-circulating-internet-was/

She's a nice lady, but really dumb sometimes, and tends to just believe what she hears without much attempt at any sort of critical thinking or fact-checking. :sigh:

Edit: ...aaaaand I'm now un-friended. Alrighty then.

Edit2: Actually it looks like she just deleted her Facebook page/account. It's not even showing up as a choice when I search for her name. Welp.

aas Bandit has a new favorite as of 06:05 on Sep 26, 2014

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Hey, speaking of crazy, we haven't checked in on Jayden Smith in a while.

I have no idea what that site is about.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Obama may be the superior president, but Barney was way better than Bo.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Holy crap, I think I've found a proto-Money Face:

It's from the official video for Peter Gabriel's Steam, around the 1:11 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt87bLX7m_o&t=71s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

#most #unnecessary #hashtags #ever

• Locked thread