Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I would if he had all the missiles and rotors and stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DoctorWhat posted:

Peaugh's got a video of MP Wheeljack up!

I don't have sound, did he just realize halfway through the video that he'd transformed the feet wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv9KdA9aXlo

Also I'm wondering if there's a way to give him stubbier legs ala the G1 and Generations toys. I mean, engineers who are stumpy or lame of leg are not completely unknown.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
BBTS has its MP Wheeljacks in. Come on, Quantron. Get in stock and let me ship that big sweet drool-worthy POL...

Over the weekend, MMC Tigris came in. Holy crap, he is probably my favorite yet (I have all of them but Talon--part of the POL above). I love how lanky he is. He's like if Randy Orton was made into a big red robot that transformed into a tiger.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Captain Magic posted:

BBTS has its MP Wheeljacks in.

I logged into anime export to ship my wheeljacks wheee! I forgot about those dudes.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MP Wheeljack hit my POL today.

Naturally, I have a box with 8 deluxes and 2 voyagers that'll be delivered tomorrow.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Just need Sigma L to come in. I've been waiting for that guy since I dunno... 2011? Whatever my first TFCon was.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

That seems really panelly for something that turns from a boxy robot into a box.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Naturally, I have a box with 8 deluxes and 2 voyagers that'll be delivered tomorrow.

This is me. I received my POL last friday with Jetfire and some other stuff, same day the wave with Windblade came in, and now Wheeljack.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Knormal posted:

That seems really panelly for something that turns from a boxy robot into a box.

It still rules

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Captain Invictus posted:

It still rules

His alt mode has no wheels, he will be forever stuck guarding the base.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I finally started messing around with Leader Jetfire today, and I kind of just love him. He's super-swooshable in jet mode, his transformation is one of those "everything explodes out and then comes back in" ones, and he feels really solid in hand. I had been dreading opening the box because I was dead certain I would dislike him for some reason, but I was totally wrong.

Also Star Saber is $116 before shipping from anime-export right now. I figure somebody would want to know.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Captain Magic posted:

Also Star Saber is $116 before shipping from anime-export right now. I figure somebody would want to know.

MP Star Saber!?

What's Anime-export like? Anyone have any dealings? When does it ship? How much'd shipping be? MY HEART IS RACING!!!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

MP Star Saber!?

What's Anime-export like? Anyone have any dealings? When does it ship? How much'd shipping be? MY HEART IS RACING!!!

They are good stuff, I've got a few preorders through them but you do have to pay ahead for the figure. When it comes in stock it's basically like BBTS and you can ship your loot pile and they will quote your shipping.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

DoctorWhat posted:

MP Star Saber!?

Yeah, pretty much what therealjon said. I haven't actually received anything from them yet, but I pre-ordered MP Bumblebee and MP Ultra Magnus from them like back in March. I got charged for the figures already, and I'll get charged in a couple months for the shipping. As long as the shipping isn't completely hosed, I'll have saved a good percentage from ordering at other places.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Endless Mike posted:

Same here.

Oh well.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm waiting on TFsource for Wheeljack (thought I'd give them a try), and I guess when I put my orders in at BBTS on Windblade and Crosscut back in July, only Crosscut got selected to be pulled from this month's shipment, and Windblade gets to wait until October. So that's cool.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
I really messed up and missed Bumblebee and Wheeljack since I thought I had pre-ordered them but apparently I never followed through. If anyone hears about them being back in stock anywhere, feel free to let me know...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Honest Ray posted:

I really messed up and missed Bumblebee and Wheeljack since I thought I had pre-ordered them but apparently I never followed through. If anyone hears about them being back in stock anywhere, feel free to let me know...

BBTS has MP Wheeljack in-stock and is still taking preorders for MP Bumblebee.

\/\/\/ Yeah, they're not the cheapest place. Consistent, though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 23, 2014

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

BBTS has MP Wheeljack in-stock and is still taking preorders for MP Bumblebee.

They have such a complete crap price though... I guess I'm running low on options though.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I'm slowly switching all my preorders from BBTS to TFsource because of BBTS' poo poo customer service. What happened dudes, you used to be cool.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I know TFSource hosed someone in this thread big time in the past with their credit card info getting stolen, but I've had nothing but good experiences with them. I've changed orders around a few times and they're always very helpful.

I haven't had any real negative or positive experiences with BBTS. What happened for you?

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

My new wife has gone to pick up my MP Wheeljack from the pub, and I'm going to settle in and watch AoE in a minute.

I really enjoyed typing that first bit of the sentence.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Ka0 posted:

I'm slowly switching all my preorders from BBTS to TFsource because of BBTS' poo poo customer service. What happened dudes, you used to be cool.

What happened? All I've ever heard about their customer service was praise, so much that I tend to forgive their higher prices.

I've had some trouble with TFSource in the past but, to be fair, it has been more bad luck than their fault really.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
As if to celebrate the new MP release, the new issue of RiD is entirely about Wheeljack coming round in a strange new world where everyone's living in Metroplex, Bumblebee's dead, Shockwave tried to destroy the universe, Prowl's a Constructicon scaring everyone, Megatron's an Autobot leading The Lost Light, there are strange 'Cityspeakers' from another world are hanging around, and, most baffling and bizarre of all...Starscream genuinely seems to be his best bud pals for life???

No really, he does want something but he might actually really have a whopper of a crush on everyone's favourite Lancia as well.

Sarah Stone's art is delightful as always.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Goldskull posted:

My new wife has gone to pick up my MP Wheeljack from the pub

Typical engineer, drinking his face off

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Goldskull posted:

My new wife has gone to pick up my MP Wheeljack from the pub, and I'm going to settle in and watch AoE in a minute.

They sell Transformers at the bars in your country? Tell me more. :allears:

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

He's thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done? Do you want a challenge or not? If I do it, we win the quiz and the prize.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

London, greatest city on Earth. Where i get my mail delivered to the pub because anything larger than a letter gets bounced back to the Post Office a half hour walk away, after the postman has tickled my door with a feather, or sometimes thinks it's a good idea to leave stuff outside my door.

And AoE is a loving terrible film. Acting, Marky Mark's exposition, indestructible humans impervious to injury, "honour to the last" (WHUUU?) then Optimus going 'See ya later Shitlords, my home planet needs me' at the end. Total bollocks.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
WJ in stock at TFsource, now just anxiously waiting for them to shut up and take my money

Also, wow was RID good today. Who the heck was Starscream talking to?

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Phy posted:

WJ in stock at TFsource, now just anxiously waiting for them to shut up and take my money

Also, wow was RID good today. Who the heck was Starscream talking to?

The second time? Scoop. The first time? No idea.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Toyworld Aurora on clearance for $35 at BBTS

I think he's been on clearance there awhile, not sure why he hasn't sold out like his combiner mates cause he's a great Deluxe and $35 is a steal

Knormal posted:

It's probably tough to avoid without him looking a lot like the G1 toy in terms of proportions. Curious to see Hasbro's version, assuming they make one.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Blackheart posted:

What happened? All I've ever heard about their customer service was praise, so much that I tend to forgive their higher prices.

I've had some trouble with TFSource in the past but, to be fair, it has been more bad luck than their fault really.

Captain Magic posted:

I know TFSource hosed someone in this thread big time in the past with their credit card info getting stolen, but I've had nothing but good experiences with them. I've changed orders around a few times and they're always very helpful.

I haven't had any real negative or positive experiences with BBTS. What happened for you?

Mostly in the past, whenever I'd have an issue with an item, say, the toy came broken, incomplete, it melted out of the package, BBTS would've directed me to warehouse and just ship me a replacement part (sometimes an entire figure!) free of charge. Nowadays, they have this outsourced thing where some rep apologizes and offers some pennies in store credit and then you have to rate them. I wouldn't care if this was over small trivial stuff but it so happens I've spent a lot of money on their store, and given how hit-or-miss the expensive 3rd party stuff is on quality control, Am I being too self entitled to ask better?

TFsource has messed up some orders in the past but they've always bent over backwards. PLUS, they way they pack things, they always go through customs and I'm not forced to pay a $130 ransom for bullshit 19th century importing duty laws.

Goldskull posted:

Cool beans, where did you preorder your wife mate.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Weird, my last BBTS shipment earlier this year on of my MMC Feralcons broke and they shipped off a new one right away and printed me a return label. Didn't seem outsourced at all.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I've never run into a problem with BBTS, so I've never had to contact customer service. They're in Wisconsin while I'm in Chicago, close enough to drive to if I made a day of it, so the shipping isn't quite as bad as it might be for some.

If I, theoretically, DID encounter a problem and was treated well, I would of course re-evaluate accordingly.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I wonder what would be going through Scoop's head now. He was kinda just nuts when Shockwave was trying to destroy the universe, and now all the prophesies are in the past and he's working blind.

Either way, I love the way things are going on Cybertron.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Wait, didn't someone say Scoop died in the whole ammonite battle or something?

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Blackheart posted:

Wait, didn't someone say Scoop died in the whole ammonite battle or something?

Scoop was pictured hanging out with the Decepticons at the end of DC.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Maaaaan. That shot of Omega Supreme and Superion just hangin' in the hangar in RID #33 is downright majestic. I've got a few issues with the art, but it really works when it counts.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I was literally just posting this, Invictus, as you posted that. Yap.

I think the implication is Scoop is Starscream's man on the inside taking hot hot images of combiners smashing poo poo

Also while a couple of the panels aren't fantastic, Sarah Stone really nailed the gently caress out of wounded Superion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Welp. I totally forgot I ordered a Jetfire when he first went up for preorder on Amazon, and also ordered one alongside Windblade and co from HTS. So two Jetfires showed up today, opened one and I guess I'll hold onto the second one and sell'im in a few years, maybe recup the cost of both of them combined with how ebay inflation works.

edit: holy poo poo Jetfire is so good. His transformation isn't overly complicated, everything locks into place, and despite having the typical hollowness of a lot of TFs lately, feels really solid despite it. Literally the only thing I can complain about really is that there's no peg hole in the center of his Fastpack for his big gun, and pegging it under the nosecone looks dumb. I'm a sucker for chrome red so I like the chromey bits. Obviously there's visible robot parts if you flip him over, but I don't think we'll really get an earth jet that looks like a great robot and also manages to hide ALL of the robot parts short of a Masterpiece. Jetfire at least manages to hide everything but the arms/head well.

Both jet mode and robot mode are gorgeous.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 24, 2014