Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
have you ever been disappointed at your mid-level RG's inability to make stupid noises, or felt that it had too much wood in the body, or thought that it needed some mediocre built-in distortion well don't worry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW3ITodF6u0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Concatenation posted:

have you ever been disappointed at your mid-level RG's inability to make stupid noises, or felt that it had too much wood in the body, or thought that it needed some mediocre built-in distortion well don't worry

Or you could just buy the kaos pad for 71€ and velcro it on if you absolutely must look like a retard.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

White Dog Eggs posted:

I just got a phonecall

[sounds of a busy pub in the background] Hello?
Me: Hi

"Could you put an iPhone dock in my guitar?" [Guy is obviously pissed as a fart]

Me: I don't see why not.

"Cool" *hangs up*

It's 1:30am here :psyduck:

To be honest with metronomes, tuners, tablature apps and the upcoming mobile editions of Rocksmith I really want a way to mount my phone on my guitar too. In a less dumb way than the Sidekick

W424
Oct 21, 2010

This thing also has iphone dock IIRC

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Concatenation posted:

I just love these people who record demo videos for a huge international guitar manufacturer that sound like they were recorded through an iPhone speaker.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

(I messed up the 'n' because I took my mask off and the wood-dust made me sneeze)

Edit: iostream.h I can flip it around so it opens the other way if you'd like, it's not screwed down yet...

Double Edit: Smells like basswood when cut, so it's probably weird mutant basswood.

Barnaby Rudge fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Sep 24, 2014

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

http://youtu.be/XH1hrfD-bUo

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

I feel like I should look at it and think "what am I doing with my life?", but it just makes me smile and that's a good thing.

I'm struggling where to fit the battery compartment now.....

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.
Curiously strong tonez

New New Fresh
May 26, 2013

I feel like now you need something on the top side of the body to balance out that tin.

Guitarists like tube amps right? Carve out another chunk of wood and mount a vacuum tube like that one korg piano has. It doesn't even have to light up or anything, it just adds tone.

edit: crazy idea, wire it up so it turns on when the selector's at the bridge pickup

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
install active pickups as replacements for every fret

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

ElectricHeir posted:

I feel like now you need something on the top side of the body to balance out that tin.

Guitarists like tube amps right? Carve out another chunk of wood and mount a vacuum tube like that one korg piano has. It doesn't even have to light up or anything, it just adds tone.

edit: crazy idea, wire it up so it turns on when the selector's at the bridge pickup

nah it needs to light up because how else will you know that it's working to add warmth and positive overtones to your signal?

W424
Oct 21, 2010

ElectricHeir posted:

the Behringer tone.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

White Dog Eggs posted:

(I messed up the 'n' because I took my mask off and the wood-dust made me sneeze)

Edit: iostream.h I can flip it around so it opens the other way if you'd like, it's not screwed down yet...

Double Edit: Smells like basswood when cut, so it's probably weird mutant basswood.
Haha no that's perfect!

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

iostream.h posted:

Haha no that's perfect!

Glad you approve! Also check your PM's, I need to pick your brain on a few things before I carry on.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
This has to have already been posted, right?

http://www.madmounts.com/

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dr. Faustus posted:

madmounts.com posted:

Where Art Meets Music...

loooooool wut

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
finally a stand which ties my kerry king signature wartribe in with my gil hibben fantasy dagger collection

my rumpus room will at last be complete

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

comes along bort posted:

finally a stand which ties my kerry king signature wartribe in with my gil hibben fantasy dagger collection

my rumpus room will at last be complete

i like how this starts off relatively normal and then slowly descends into utter chaos

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Dr. Faustus posted:

Do you have a $20K+ guitar that you never play mounted on your wall, but you still don't feel like a big enough rear end in a top hat? Have I got the product for you!

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Guitars are meant to be played until broken and displayed on $5 stands you get at guitar center on sale.

That is my philosophy. :clint:

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
Why is tacky 90s tribal bullshit the default design aesthetic for these, ughhh

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

ElectricHeir posted:

I did think about putting a light show in there, kind of beyond my wiring abilities though. I'm going to 100% do it on a future build though.

Dr. Faustus posted:

Urrrrggggghhhhh

Concatenation posted:

Why is tacky 90s tribal bullshit the default design aesthetic for these, ughhh

That crappy tribal style refuses to die, I still see people with fresh tribal tattoos walking around. No accounting for taste.

Probably going to cover a guitar in fur today. Gonna make me something pretty.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

I decided to do full setups on a few of my guitars yesterday because gently caress it, I needed something to do and I kind of, "forgot" to do that the last time I rebuilt two of them. Oh the fun of correcting intonation.

Ibanez Tight-Tune - Awesome. Took about five minutes.
Gibralter - About the same, need a tad more fiddling but done in nearly the same time.
Edge Pro (Two of them) - WHAT THE poo poo IS THIS TRAVESTY!? WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS? WHAT DO YOU MEAN ITS 2AM!?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
which gibraltar? the gibraltar plus is alright but can kind of eat a dick because it doesn't like string gauges over 48

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

I decided to do full setups on a few of my guitars yesterday because gently caress it, I needed something to do and I kind of, "forgot" to do that the last time I rebuilt two of them. Oh the fun of correcting intonation.

Ibanez Tight-Tune - Awesome. Took about five minutes.
Gibralter - About the same, need a tad more fiddling but done in nearly the same time.
Edge Pro (Two of them) - WHAT THE poo poo IS THIS TRAVESTY!? WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS? WHAT DO YOU MEAN ITS 2AM!?

I loving hate those Edge Pro bridges. If I remember right, the reason they don't have locking studs was because they got sued as their previous bridge was pretty much identical to a low-profile Floyd Rose.

Steampunk guitar picks;

$140. Each.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

White Dog Eggs posted:

I loving hate those Edge Pro bridges. If I remember right, the reason they don't have locking studs was because they got sued as their previous bridge was pretty much identical to a low-profile Floyd Rose.

Steampunk guitar picks;

$140. Each.

I could see that if the watch movements/gems were real, but gently caress the people that want those enough that someone made that many.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

$140? I'l keep my 2p stainless steel wafer thin picks thankyou very much.

muike posted:

which gibraltar? the gibraltar plus is alright but can kind of eat a dick because it doesn't like string gauges over 48

Standard I think. I don't use heavy string gauges so a gibralter plus wouldn't be too much of a problem. Love that tight-tune bridge though.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

SaNChEzZ posted:

I could see that if the watch movements/gems were real, but gently caress the people that want those enough that someone made that many.

But what else you are going to use on your kickin' rad steampunk guitar?

Not going to lie, I like the door-handle.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

If only the faucet activated a b-bender...

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

White Dog Eggs posted:

Steampunk guitar picks;

$140. Each.

Those picks look like they're a an eigth inch think. :psyduck:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

White Dog Eggs posted:

door handle loses points for not being the trem tho

also i really hope the tap works

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Irradiation posted:

Those picks look like they're a an eigth inch think. :psyduck:

I sent the guy a facebook message asking him if they were actual picks or just jewellery (they've all got holes in the top like a pendant), he replied "yes you idiot", so I asked him if they were magic and he blocked me. Now I'll never know :(.

Dewgy posted:

door handle loses points for not being the trem tho

also i really hope the tap works

In an ideal world it'd spray scalding hot McDonalds coffee.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

White Dog Eggs posted:

Steampunk guitar picks;

$140. Each.

someone mentioned expensive picks, paging agreed to the thread

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

White Dog Eggs posted:

looks like the handle on those old fashioned coke machines that you see at gas stations in the middle of nowhere

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Speaking of picks; what's the most you guys have spent on a pick, and what's your favorite?

I once spent twelve bucks on one of these things

But I prefer either Dunlop medium Celluloid or Tortex Jazz III's (.73 for electric, .5 for acoustic). The Papa is a little bit to dark for my taste, meanwhile the Jazz III's are just right in terms of tone, feel, and control; and I just have a shitton of the Celluloid so I usually reach for them when I want a full-sized pick.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
red nylon jazz IIIs or my own fingers

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous

White Dog Eggs posted:

Probably going to cover a guitar in fur today. Gonna make me something pretty.

If I didn't have medical problems sucking up all my available funds I'd commission that retarded bizarre-rear end electric tenor guitar we discussed back in the day.

I'd like this fish guitar better if it was a fish skeleton.

I also like this hockey axe.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

White Dog Eggs posted:

Steampunk guitar picks;

$140. Each.
For all those times you've been picking with a Gameboy cart and just wished it was triangular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

umalt posted:

Speaking of picks; what's the most you guys have spent on a pick, and what's your favorite?

I once spent twelve bucks on one of these things

But I prefer either Dunlop medium Celluloid or Tortex Jazz III's (.73 for electric, .5 for acoustic). The Papa is a little bit to dark for my taste, meanwhile the Jazz III's are just right in terms of tone, feel, and control; and I just have a shitton of the Celluloid so I usually reach for them when I want a full-sized pick.

i use whatever jazz IIIs I have on hand, which is usually the max grip ones now, but the black ones are also acceptable, and I want to try the JP signature picks but amazon does not carry them yet

• Locked thread