Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
all video games are just button mashers

mash X to reap taint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Seeing the Reaper post now is like watching some 45 year old sports superstar still trying to play. Just retire man, it's just sad.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Austrian mook posted:

Seeing the Reaper post now is like watching some 45 year old sports superstar still trying to play. Just retire man, it's just sad.

I'm confused, you're comparing my posting to Nintendo's target demographic.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'm confused, you're comparing my posting to Nintendo's target demographic.

Uh hello idiot Nintendo is for babies not for middle agers, you're past your prime

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Chronojam posted:

Uh hello idiot Nintendo is for babies not for middle agers, you're past your prime

But the goon room for Mario kart 8 was filled with nothing but middle aged people when it wasn't empty half the time. I was like the only person under 30.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

The Taint Reaper posted:

But the goon room for Mario kart 8 was filled with nothing but middle aged people when it wasn't empty half the time. I was like the only person under 30.

i hope you die, in the goon room

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The Taint Reaper posted:

Hmmmm yes infallible sample there I retract my earlier statements

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Excels posted:

some brony at ubisoft hid rainbow dash keychains in certain cars parked around the city

i wonder if they're still in the wii u version

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. It wasn't just any old pony keychain, it was a IWTCIRD :nws: keychain.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

The Taint Reaper posted:

Apparently the consensus is Bayonetta 2 is not that good.
Whose consensus would that be, exactly? :confused: Because I've heard nothing but good things so far, apart from the fact that nobody bought it when it came out in Japan.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

The Taint Reaper posted:

Apparently the consensus is Bayonetta 2 is not that good. So I think it's just smash brothers(but that's not an actual exclusive) and then way way way way down the line, Xenoblade 2.

Really Xenoblade 2 is the last hope for the Wii-U unless they make a Mario kart Sequel.

I mean Hyrule Warriors was just painfully average, Bayonetta 2 thinks it's still the year 2006, and Smash brothers is a port.

Like really project Diva accomplishes the same thing as Bayonetta but they at least try and mix it up.

lol

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

PrBacterio posted:

Whose consensus would that be, exactly? :confused: Because I've heard nothing but good things so far, apart from the fact that nobody bought it when it came out in Japan.

Nobody bought it because it is an unremarkable game. I mean at least their Korra game has an actual diverse and working fighting system instead of what bayonetta 2 has. Granted it's not like Metal gear Rising, but it's varied enough switching between stances and appears largely functional instead of cumbersome.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Sep 25, 2014

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

The Taint Reaper posted:

Nobody bought it because it is an unremarkable game. I mean at least their Korra game has an actual diverse and working fighting system instead of what bayonetta 2 has. Granted it's not like Metal gear Rising, but it's varied enough switching between stances and appears largely functional instead of cumbersome.
So according to you, number of sales == quality? :confused: Because critics have been pretty unanimously positive about the game, but you seem to know better than them, based, apparently, solely on the evidence that it didn't sell.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

PrBacterio posted:

So according to you, number of sales == quality? :confused: Because critics have been pretty unanimously positive about the game, but you seem to know better than them, based, apparently, solely on the evidence that it didn't sell.

Critics also were positive about Wonderful 101, and then it came out and was just an average game.

I mean it's pretty much up there with titanfall and watchdogs as an overblown game released to poor reception.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

"The consensus is that it's not so great."

"Who said it wasn't great?"

"Nobody bought it."

There's a big difference between a consensus (a general group of opinions favoring or disliking a game) and no one buying the game (there can't be a consensus if they never played the game to begin with).

Also, lol, the Wii U sucks because nobody bought it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Fremry posted:

Also, lol, the Wii U sucks because nobody bought it.

Do you not realize what thread you're in?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Please quarantine Taint Reaper to this thread and then gas the thread, thanks.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Please quarantine Taint Reaper to this thread and then gas the thread, thanks.

My soul is an everburning phoenix that cannot be contained.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

Do you not realize what thread you're in?

Do you?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Wii-U hate thread

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

My soul is an everburning phoenix that cannot be contained.

Phoenixs are always in a constant cycle of dying and being reborn.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Fremry posted:

Phoenixs are always in a constant cycle of dying and being reborn.

Not true, some are never localized to the US.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I miss when this thread was about calling the Wii U the greatest thing ever.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I miss when this thread was about calling the Wii U the greatest thing ever.

everyone is still saying that except taint reaper, who doesn't think bayonetta 2 looks awesome and can only absorb the opinions of people he has never met, in japan.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

I know it means nothing but for what it's worth, even /v/ likes Hyrule Warriors so far and they are probably the most unpleasable types of people you could find. Also I played the demo at Gamestop and the game is super good and fun.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Actually, I'm convinced. Everything I used to like is terrible, guess I'll go eat dirt

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
The Transformers movies made so much money, they must be really good!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Excels posted:

everyone is still saying that except taint reaper, who doesn't think bayonetta 2 looks awesome and can only absorb the opinions of people he has never met, in japan.

If all games needed to do was look awesome then Titanfall would have rocketed the Xbox One to superstardom instead of the crater it is now.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

The Transformers movies made so much money, they must be really good!

Yeah I really can't explain how lightning struck 4 times in sucession.

But the Generations Classics toys are so awesome and the comic is good I can forgive the movie for existing.

What I can't forgive is yet another Platinum game that will be 10 dollars in 3 months.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

not every game can be as perfect as suikoden ii unfortunately. but the Wii U gives me hope that someday we might get close.

The Taint Reaper posted:

If all games needed to do was look awesome then Titanfall would have rocketed the Xbox One to superstardom instead of the crater it is now.

Titanfall was a glorified tech demo with no single-player. It was going to boost the Xbone until it came out and people realized that 50% of the game was just big empty spaces. Once you get bored of the robot fights there is almost nothing left to do, and now the servers are full of bots fighting bots.

like the reason they made sure tons of robots were always fighting even without human players, was to hide the unfinished levels full of wide open space.

the real, full game will be Titanfall 2, which they're already making.

Excels fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Sep 25, 2014

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Excels posted:

I know it means nothing but for what it's worth, even /v/ likes Hyrule Warriors so far and they are probably the most unpleasable types of people you could find. Also I played the demo at Gamestop and the game is super good and fun.

Even /v/ likes a 1st party Nintendo game?!?! Say it ain't so!

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

DrPaper posted:

Even /v/ likes a 1st party Nintendo game?!?! Say it ain't so!

well, every other thread i see about nintendo complains about rehashes, dark pit, etc. HW seems to be the one game where no one has anything bad to say about it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Excels posted:

well, every other thread i see about nintendo complains about rehashes, dark pit, etc. HW seems to be the one game where no one has anything bad to say about it.

You can't say anything bad about a dynasty warriors game, but you can't say anything good either.

They're the gaming equivalent to rom-com movies that are so inoffensively bland that nobody is sure what to think about it. Other than "that wasn't as bad as I expected, but I can't remember what happened during the entire movie"

This is why 200 dynasty warriors games exist.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

You can't say anything bad about a dynasty warriors game, but you can't say anything good either.

They're the gaming equivalent to rom-com movies that are so inoffensively bland that nobody is sure what to think about it. Other than "that wasn't as bad as I expected, but I can't remember what happened during the entire movie"

you can go ahead and not buy it then, more helpless gorons for me to massacre as Pain-Train Ganon

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Gonna finish up Link to the Past tonight, then I'm going to play Hyrule Warriors until the day I die, which should be sometime next year suffocating under half a ton of bodies in a plague cart

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Excels posted:

Ive just noticed in every strawpoll posted on /v/, nintendo always comes out extremely on top, to extremes such as Super Mario 3D World winning /v/'s "Game of the Year" poll 2 weeks before it came out.

I think there's a variety of posters that hate and love nintendo, Ive just always seen /v/ as a more Nintendo-biased website in the same way people see NeoGAF as a Sony-biased one even though you can find dozens of threads of people complaining about them.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

THE loving MOON posted:

Gonna finish up Link to the Past tonight, then I'm going to play Hyrule Warriors until the day I die, which should be sometime next year suffocating under half a ton of bodies in a plague cart

I'm looking forward to Bloodborne too

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'm looking forward to Bloodborne too

Yeah, it'll be cool

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

THE loving MOON posted:

Yeah, it'll be cool

2015 will be one hell of a year for gaming.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I've seen lots of complaints about Hyrule Warriors, including professional reviews.

W101 certainly didn't get universal critical praise, either.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Who actually reads reviews?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

elf help book posted:

Who actually reads reviews?

I wnna know why MAXIM still does game reviews and Rolling Stone.

• Locked thread