Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
That was unbelievable. As the show is winding down, Colbert is starting to shed his character. That combined with senile but somehow still entirely with it Cosby makes for some drat magical television.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I like that like, half in Steven just tossed his character out and had a really great conversation.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
That Better Know a District was loving awesome. Too bad we will never complete it.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I am thankful that "Pit Bull Advocate" in the tv guide meant something entirely different

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Oh, man, bill. :unsmith:

Why can't we have him forever.

edit: drat, morgan freeman is 43 days older than bill cosby.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Ugh, those Democratic ads. Have they ever tried pointing out that Mitch McConnel is more than anyone else responsible for Congress' low approval rating, or the fact that Tea Party is a really unpopular label, or that everything going to hell coincides with electing Republicans four years ago?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dr Christmas posted:

Ugh, those Democratic ads. Have they ever tried pointing out that Mitch McConnel is more than anyone else responsible for Congress' low approval rating, or the fact that Tea Party is a really unpopular label, or that everything going to hell coincides with electing Republicans four years ago?

Gotta appeal to that redneck base! I'M NOT LIKE OBAMA, AH LAHK GURNS!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dr Christmas posted:

John Oliver has the best ads for Mitch the human turtle.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Every time I hear about the war against ISIS, I think of this.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
Why are you so loving mad about this? This is so loving dumb.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
God drat

Jax-Guy1
Apr 25, 2011
Jon spittin' fire tonight. He seems to have been a little extra angry this week and I can't blame him.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Jon just sounded pissed that whole time. He's just so sick of Fox's bullshit.

Wait, so why did they change the name from the Braves to Redskins? Did they go out of their way to make it a more offensive name? :psyduck:

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 26, 2014

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
"Getting exactly what we said we wanted" = "OH GOD WE WERE AMBUSHED"

Stay classy, idle racists.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Rhonne posted:

Wait, so why did they change the name from the Braves to Redskins? Did they go out of their way to make it a more offensive name? :psyduck:

I don't know all the history, but that sounds like an owner being a dick. Hell, there was one that refused to have black players (which is part of the reason why the D.C. area has so many Dallas Cowboys fans).

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Rhonne posted:

Yes, the original owner of the team was racist as gently caress.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Oh right, O'Reilly basically suggesting we create Blackwater 2.0.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
Holy poo poo. How loving high are you Bill O'Riley? Even you're own people think you're nuts.

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
Nobody tell Papa Bear that Rainbow Six is a fictional team, it'll break his heart like the time someone told him Santa Claus wasn't real.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
That entire interview was worth it just for "S'more's Law".

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

404GoonNotFound posted:

Oh right, O'Reilly basically suggesting we create Blackwater 2.0.
He basically wants to turn the world into loving Metal Gear with PMCs dealing with all these proxy wars and ahhhh

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

He basically wants to turn the world into loving Metal Gear with PMCs dealing with all these proxy wars and ahhhh

Oh man, no one show him Senator Armstrong.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I still love how that fucker is basically a middle aged looking Dick Cheney

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

I still love how that fucker is basically a middle aged looking Dick Cheney

It's the weirdest thing, but every time I see Armstrong, I feel like I'm looking at Gene Hackman some how.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

old dog child posted:

I am thankful that "Pit Bull Advocate" in the tv guide meant something entirely different
I just saw the Tia Torres interview and it should be noted that Jon loves the breed in no small part because he owns not one but TWO pitbulls. I love them because they never lose their puppy dog eyes and they're just the sweetest things if they're owned by a good person. I'm kinda thinking of getting one when I'm able to own and support owning a dog.

By the way, the most aggressive dog breed? The dachshund. I also love them, but you'd be testy too if your body were a couple of inches off the ground.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Y-Hat posted:

By the way, the most aggressive dog breed? The dachshund. I also love them, but you'd be testy too if your body were a couple of inches off the ground.

I'd be testy if my testes were a couple of inches off the ground.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Yeah, it was cathartic to watch. Cause seriously, all the poo poo in that segment, from "boobs on the ground" to Karl Rove dumping out all the talking points just, has been the norm for these fuckheads for too long.

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013
The Redskins fans said many wrong things, very wrong things, but the pedant in me wants to know if someone can actually be 1/12 Native? I have relatives that have Native blood. I get that there is 1/2 Native, 1/4 Native, hypothetical 1/16 kids, but 1/12?

Y-Hat posted:

I just saw the Tia Torres interview and it should be noted that Jon loves the breed in no small part because he owns not one but TWO pitbulls. I love them because they never lose their puppy dog eyes and they're just the sweetest things if they're owned by a good person. I'm kinda thinking of getting one when I'm able to own and support owning a dog.
http://dailyshowdogs.tumblr.com/tagged/dipper

:3:

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Fragmented posted:

How are there not Archer jokes in every ISIS conversation. We are going to blow them to the bottom of the earth. "Phrasing"

Wait we are still using that right?

I've got an ISIS t-shirt and I can likely never wear the loving thing again. It's the true tragedy of this story.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Jonas Albrecht posted:

You could make a Metal Gear Rising movie and people probably would watch it and say "yeah, that sounds like a reasonable direction for the world to go."

Cool Cherry Cream posted:

The Redskins fans said many wrong things, very wrong things, but the pedant in me wants to know if someone can actually be 1/12 Native? I have relatives that have Native blood. I get that there is 1/2 Native, 1/4 Native, hypothetical 1/16 kids, but 1/12?

"My father's brother's cousin's great-great-grandma's uncle was Cherokee and I'm not offended by the name" is the most common thing I've seen posted in opposition to people that think the name should be changed. It shouldn't come as that much of a surprise that these people largely don't know what the gently caress they're talking about.

raditts fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Sep 26, 2014

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Armstrong is literally Dick Cheney with superpowers, he'd be cheering.

fffff
Feb 11, 2014

I guess if one guy who was 1/16 and another who was 1/8 had a kid?

... that seems really drat pedantic! who gives a poo poo what fraction [race] you are!

I am 1/16 Cherokee (i am still white as poo poo) :v:

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Who the hell would Bill's hypothetical mercenary force even answer to? The UN couldn't possibly be the ones paying for it given all the deadlock over getting their own military resolutions in gear. If the idea is that it removes responsibility from the US, then there's no reason that they'd be expected to pay for it, especially since, well, mercenaries don't come cheap. Is China expected to foot the bill or something?

What a dumb loving idea...

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

fffff posted:

I guess if one guy who was 1/16 and another who was 1/8 had a kid?

... that seems really drat pedantic! who gives a poo poo what fraction [race] you are!

I am 1/16 Cherokee (i am still white as poo poo) :v:

The kid would be 3/32 then, which is closer to 1/10 than 1/12.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

"My father's brother's cousin's great-great-grandma's uncle was Cherokee and I'm not offended by the name" is the most common thing I've seen posted in opposition to people that think the name should be changed. It shouldn't come as that much of a surprise that these people largely don't know what the gently caress they're talking about.

"I am 2 parts per billion Native American" is the new "My ancestors were on the Mayflower."

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

People who say that they're "1/32 Native American" are actually 1/32 black. Hope this helps.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

raditts posted:

You could make a Metal Gear Rising movie and people probably would watch it and say "yeah, that sounds like a reasonable direction for the world to go."

I think that every family that's been in America past x generations has this. Hell, my father told me this once, the "My father told me we have a little cherokee or something" but even he doesn't seem to believe it.

Reasonable people have the sense to realize that it's A) Not the same thing at all and B) probably not true in the first place.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

http://dailyshowdogs.tumblr.com/tagged/dipper

:3:

I randomly caught a marathon of that show at a motel last year. Hearing about a disabled man's pet pit bull being shot by the cops when they raided the wrong house made me bawl like a baby.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

raditts posted:

Yes, the original owner of the team was racist as gently caress.
If you think Dan Snyder is as bad as it gets, consider that the original owner:

-Changed the name from the Braves to the Redskins because he perceived its first head coach as Native American.
-Left in his will that none of his money be given to any civil rights groups.
-Headed the team that was the last to racially integrate- in 1961.
-Originally had the "fight for Ol' DC" part of the fight song "fight for Ol' Dixie."

All that being said, Snyder's made it abundantly clear that he's not going to change the name, and I'll take him at his word because he's a pathetic manchild. So either the trademark rejection by the U.S. Patent Office becomes such an albatross that it becomes economically unfeasible enough to force him to change the name, or they'll overturn the ruling by a technicality (which is what happened last time they heard this case over ten years ago) and they'll keep the name for as long as he's alive. Snyder is in his early 50s, and recently two NFL owners died in their 90s, not to mention Jerry Jones and the guy who owns the Panthers are getting up there with no major health problems.

So what I'm saying is this whole debate is a moot point because they will be the Washington Redskins for at least the next 40 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

In case anybody here is unfamiliar with the exploits of Dan Snyder, here's a list of his offenses as of 2010: http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/articles/40063/the-cranky-redskins-fans-guide-to-dan-snyder

In addition, he filed suit against this paper claiming that the accompanying picture constituted anti-Semitic defamation. Dan Snyder is an absolute turd of a human being.

e: a choice quote:

quote:

Bankrupt Airline Peanuts: What Snyder was selling to fans at FedExField. During the 2006 season, vendors offered shelled nuts in royal blue and white 5 oz. bags adorned with the Independence Air logo. Problem: The airline had gone under about a year earlier. The supplier told Washington City Paper that it stopped shipping the airline’s nuts “before Independence Air went out of business.” A spokesman for the Peanut Council told City Paper that to prevent rancidity, the recommended shelf life of a foil bag of out-of-shell peanuts was “about three months.”

Alfred P. Pseudonym fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Sep 26, 2014

• Locked thread