Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Goons, what's the best thing I can buy for $1.26 that's mac-friendly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Goons, what's the best thing I can buy for $1.26 that's mac-friendly?

.25lbs pound of cheese.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm not gonna be happy until someone puts Slime Volleyball up.

Or Ballion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdqut6gq3JE

Foulbrood
May 17, 2004

This is it, Jonesy!
I got bitten by a rabid medieval monarch recently and have gotten a bad case of Crusader Kingsitis, but was wondering: are there any DLC packs that include all the expansions?

Both the Crusader Kings 2 Collection and DLC collection on Steam are missing quite a bit.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Innerguard posted:

I work in that business, so I kinda want to get it just to look through the looking glass. However, there is no buy option for me (in the UK) and there is no community hub that I can see. Release date shows yesterday.

Bummer now it's gone. Driving school simulator is out but looks to be a mobile port.

Edit: looks like it's up now and only $13.00 not bad!

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Sep 25, 2014

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Drifter posted:

.25lbs pound of cheese.

:drat:

PS everyone should play altitude ball mode. So much fun, so little mental energy

Orv
May 4, 2011

Foulbrood posted:

I got bitten by a rabid medieval monarch recently and have gotten a bad case of Crusader Kingsitis, but was wondering: are there any DLC packs that include all the expansions?

Both the Crusader Kings 2 Collection and DLC collection on Steam are missing quite a bit.

There are not. If you wait until Charlemagne is released everything but that will be on deep sale.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Orv posted:

If you wait until Charlemagne is released everything but that will be on deep sale.
Or not. Paradox sales got worse lately.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

SelenicMartian posted:

Or not. Paradox sales got worse lately.

i just bought all the expansions other than rajas at 75% off which matched their lowest prices

Foulbrood
May 17, 2004

This is it, Jonesy!

Orv posted:

There are not. If you wait until Charlemagne is released everything but that will be on deep sale.
Do they have a release date for Charlemagne yet?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Foulbrood posted:

Do they have a release date for Charlemagne yet?

April 2nd.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Breadallelogram posted:

It will probably help sales actually since games won't have a big "14/100" on their store page anymore.

We won't know until someone with sales figures and/or lovely shovelware talks about it, but I totally expect steam enhanced to pick up the slack.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Terminally Bored posted:

gently caress MMOs, Formula Fusion was just announced for PC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPnkFTXsG6c
It's made by people from Studio Liverpool/Psygnosis so it should be at least good.

Stoked to see it on PC but at the same time it's really sad to see Sony didn't care about the franchise that helped them sell PSX back in the day. Wipeout HD/Fury was really really good but they peppered it with unskippable ads (patched them out in an update but it was too late).

Wipeout HD/Fury is still one of the best and best looking racing games of all time but loving :w00t: this is the first AG racing game I've actually cared about in a while. There have been a number of indie spiritual WipEout successors and they've been...not so good.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Well gently caress you too, new Steam store update. t:mad:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Quick note, GMG just released a voucher that works with any game, even preorders it seems. I just picked up FFXIII for $10. Seems like a pretty fair price for it, even if I end up not liking it.

25% off voucher: PLAYFI-RESEPT-25DEAL

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Ragequit posted:

Quick note, GMG just released a voucher that works with any game, even preorders it seems. I just picked up FFXIII for $10. Seems like a pretty fair price for it, even if I end up not liking it.

25% off voucher: PLAYFI-RESEPT-25DEAL

Also note that pre-ordering certain games on GMG right now gets you that "welcome" pack.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/321060

is this the new "bad rats"

because holy poo poo

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Drunk Tomato posted:

:drat:

PS everyone should play altitude ball mode. So much fun, so little mental energy

Altitude is so fun, and perfect for a lovely little netbook without much processing power or a mouse. I eventually got pretty good at being a huge rear end in a top hat with the Explodet, making GBS threads mines into people's ways and making them crash into walls with the thermobaric rockets. I only wish the football map weren't so popular, since it's literally just one big, empty rectangle without any interesting terrain.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Defender's Quest for ONE dollar. Get it.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Hey, hey what can I do? I got a woman, she won't be true.

Foulbrood posted:

I've got a copy of it you can have that comes with a few of the DLC. Just catch me on steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/albertrayon/

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler
Is there a method to block specific curators, yet? So that said curator isn't suggested to you by Steam and any comments/blurbs from that curator isn't presented to you when looking at product pages?

That would do a lot for me so that other users can have people they like, but I can enjoy a clean slate <win/win>.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

The Grimace posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/321060

is this the new "bad rats"

because holy poo poo

how could this be the new bad rats? it's far too expensive, and doesn't have the unnecessary systems that made Bad Rats such a classic.

Bad Rats had 3d systems in a 2d worldspace. not to mention that indeterminate physics. Gender Bender is just poorly done.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Drifter posted:

how could this be the new bad rats? it's far too expensive, and doesn't have the unnecessary systems that made Bad Rats such a classic.

Bad Rats had 3d systems in a 2d worldspace. not to mention that indeterminate physics. Gender Bender is just poorly done.

okay got it, it's not "bad rats," it's just "bad"

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

The Grimace posted:

okay got it, it's not "bad rats," it's just "bad"

Bad Rats is my Kingdom. BKK for life, suckas!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Yodzilla posted:

Wipeout HD/Fury is still one of the best and best looking racing games of all time but loving :w00t: this is the first AG racing game I've actually cared about in a while. There have been a number of indie spiritual WipEout successors and they've been...not so good.

I think Designers Republic really made that game, I can only hope that they managed to get hold of something to carry through the aesthetic, but it's absolutely great news.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Eight, almost nine minutes all about Shadow of Mordor.

Should that intrigue you, the thread is over here where we'll be happy to answer any and all questions which will lead you to poor financial decisions.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Justin_Brett posted:

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Defender's Quest for ONE dollar. Get it.
For people who hate clicking through

$1
The Cat Lady
Defender's Quest
Lilly Looking Through
Ms. Splosion Man

$6+
Long Live the Queen
The Yawhg

$10+
Valdis Story (lol)

Also if you pledge to this you will probably make the internet angry since it supports a womens charity. which i'm all about

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 25, 2014

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Quest For Glory II posted:

$1
The Cat Lady
Defender's Quest
Lilly Looking Through
Ms. Splosion Man

$6+
Long Live the Queen
The Yawhg

$10+
Valdis Story (lol)

$1 deal looks spiffy.
How's The Yawhg?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is Fight the Dragon any good as far as early access titles go? It looks like it could be neat but I'd rather hear about it from people who actually have played it.

The curator recommendation for it isn't that helpful either.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

$1
The Cat Lady
Defender's Quest
Lilly Looking Through
Ms. Splosion Man

This is a pretty good $1 bundle. None of these are absolutely amazing games of their kind but they're all worth playing.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

You'll find that defenders quest is actually really good once you get to NG+

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Someone should make a clone of Ballistics for modern systems. I don't know if any company still in business even owns the rights anymore.
F-Zero is awesome overall racing game but Ballistics had some of the most insane speeds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXj5tuAtfGs

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Zedd posted:

You'll find that defenders quest is actually really good once you get to NG+

The gameplay is definitely great but holy poo poo that cutscene art style and dialogue.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

JHVH-1 posted:

Someone should make a clone of Ballistics for modern systems. I don't know if any company still in business even owns the rights anymore.
F-Zero is awesome overall racing game but Ballistics had some of the most insane speeds

I don't understand how what I'm looking at here is even remotely playable.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

JHVH-1 posted:

I don't know if any company still in business even owns the rights anymore.
Grid got some fame porting GRAW to the PC, rented expensive offices, release two mediocre tiles and kicked the bucket.

Yodzilla posted:

You start on lower difficulty levels, with speed limiters and less obstacles, learn the general layout then crank it up a notch. The video doesn't even seem to hit 2000 km/h.

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 25, 2014

Orv
May 4, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

Youth + memory.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

You need to be on a lot more drugs.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
What the gently caress is Sacred Tears TRUE?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

JHVH-1 posted:

this is so my poo poo i can almost see yesterday's corn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

John McClane posted:

What the gently caress is Sacred Tears TRUE?
A Greelit RPG Maker game.

• Locked thread