Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
So I finished building the 00 Raiser, and I have some thoughts:

My fused wrist joint is holding well. Hardly noticeable, but I will probably never take off the GN sword 3.

Holy hell this thing has a lot of optional parts.

The 0 Raiser side bits are fairly sturdy but the attachment between them and the GN Drive shoulders could be way better. It's a bit of a weird connector and doesn't really secure to much, it just wedges into space around the GN Drives and holds there. The lock for the shoulder pads is exactly as sturdy as everyone says, though.

gently caress all the stickers underneath the green bits. I painted them silver and it looks like a million bucks.

Also that double spear thing, holy poo poo.

The Muffinlord fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Sep 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What is that, HG or MG?

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
MG. Crap, I edited that post like six times to get the images right, and never once thought to correct that.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Is there a way to mount the Raiser on a base of some kind? I was thinking it might look neat to put it next to the MG Build Strike and have the two ship booster backpack things behind them.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Literally The Worst posted:

Is there a way to mount the Raiser on a base of some kind? I was thinking it might look neat to put it next to the MG Build Strike and have the two ship booster backpack things behind them.

Action bases, sturdy and about 10 times better for posing then the small stands you get in kits. There are two kinda one for HGs and another that can hold HGs and MGs.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Yeah, it comes with a mount point for an action base, same as the suit. I just don't own any because all of the kits I've owned that really needed a stand until this point came with a base. I think I'm going to invest in one because, surprise surprise, the drat thing can't stand on it's own with the raiser installed.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Literally The Worst posted:

Like they said, an Actionbase 1.
I was looking for a picture and it turns out you can even have it mule around the bigass sword if you want:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The action bases can also lock together with other action bases to form a bigger base. And you can take one action base arm system and add it to another base so it has two arms to hold two suits. They also come with 4-5 different connectors to hold all types of kits.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Anybody try the pour gundam markers? They look like they're a panel wash in a tube. Right now I use real touch markers to do my panel lines.

(Also I know y'all are gonna say just do an actual panel wash instead of using Gundam markers)

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The markers work okay but honestly if you're paying for special markers to do it you are at the point you should just learn how to do a panel wash.

Also you need to connect the GN Sword III to the 0 Raiser to mount it to an AB.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Get your wallets ready

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Maybe if it had been the Sinanju. :v:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So, this is it, this is what true sadness and despair feels like.

God drat you Bandai. I love you. I hate you. I'm off to cheer and make sobbing noises into my wallet.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Oh god noooooooo. The one kit I vowed to get precisely because I didn't think it was going to happen. At least not for a long time.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
My dreams may be answered. Looks like they're going to be making Real Grades of all the Operation M.E.T.E.O.R. Gundams.

edit: They're the Endless Waltz versions. Hello Heavyarms Custom! :circlefap:

If this is the case, I wonder if they'll go back and use the Strike's frame for the rest of the G-Project Gundams at a later date.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Sep 26, 2014

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My dreams may be answered. Looks like they're going to be making Real Grades of all the Operation M.E.T.E.O.R. Gundams.

If this is the case, I wonder if they'll go back and use the Strike's frame for the rest of the G-Project Gundams at a later date.

Now if only we could get some news on new HGAC models.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh weird, my credit card just self-immolated.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

... Kind of want that Nataku, because barring an actual eventual HGAC, it's the only way I can think of to make an old idea of mine a reality:

No idea how I'd kit bash an RG torso together with an HGFC Nobel, but I'd find some way to make it work, dammit.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Booourns posted:

Get your wallets ready

this is going to be the best kit ever or (more likely) the worst kit ever. It's one or the other.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh, wow. Now the Wing Zero I can see, but never would I expect them to make the rest. Maybe they're going for US sales?

Wish they would do them in MG instead as I'm a 1/100 guy, though. They already have the Wing Zero and Deathscythe Hell done, and the other three wouldn't need that much in the line of new parts.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

W.T. Fits posted:

... Kind of want that Nataku, because barring an actual eventual HGAC, it's the only way I can think of to make an old idea of mine a reality:

No idea how I'd kit bash an RG torso together with an HGFC Nobel, but I'd find some way to make it work, dammit.

Oh God in heaven, an Inverse Gundam.

...actually, thinking about it, might want some different feet, maybe the Exia's or AGE-1's or something without the high heels at least? If you're going for character accuracy, I mean.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I would have preferred the TV versions but I'm stoked regardless.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gammatron 64 posted:

Oh, wow. Now the Wing Zero I can see, but never would I expect them to make the rest. Maybe they're going for US sales?

Wish they would do them in MG instead as I'm a 1/100 guy, though. They already have the Wing Zero and Deathscythe Hell done, and the other three wouldn't need that much in the line of new parts.

That's probably the same reason they're doing RG kits of them after Wing Zero :v:. I'm kinda hoping they're going to just dump out all five at once in December. It's pretty much guaranteed not to happen, but one can hope :pray:.

Koopa Kid posted:

Considering the original Wing Gundams got HG releases, they'll probably come eventually if they're willing to make RG kits of the Endless Wing variants.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Booourns posted:

Get your wallets ready

30 LED's.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
yes YES YES

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

StrifeHira posted:

Oh God in heaven, an Inverse Gundam.

...actually, thinking about it, might want some different feet, maybe the Exia's or AGE-1's or something without the high heels at least? If you're going for character accuracy, I mean.

You're probably right. It's just those weren't things that existed back when I hacked and slashed this together in MS Paint back in the early 2000's, so I had to make due with what the guy who ran the Gundam Project website had done art for.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Oh god Bandai's been huffing paint again. Then again, this is perfect, there's at least 5 variations they can do, Banshee, Banshee Norn, Banshee Novel Version, Final Battle variants for both and Full Armor sets.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

TARDISman posted:

Oh god Bandai's been huffing paint again. Then again, this is perfect, there's at least 5 variations they can do, Banshee, Banshee Norn, Banshee Novel Version, Final Battle variants for both and Full Armor sets.

Can you imagine a Phenex? A 1/60 shiny golden God.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TARDISman posted:

You forgot the Phenex.

Don't suppose anyone can translate what it actually says here about the M.E.T.E.O.R. Gundams potentially getting RG kits?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Oh god the Phenex would cost at least 500. Part of me really wants this but part of me is absolutely terrified.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Koopa Kid posted:

I like to think of this as Bandai learning their lesson from the RG Zeta, and deciding to not try a transformer model at this time.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I really hope bandai makes an rg dynames using the exia frame. c'mon bandai don't let me down.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Those crazy bastards did it. The PG Unicorn. :japan:

got fired from Snopes
Aug 28, 2014
PG Unicorn release = more money for Bandai, which means they can afford more hard drugs, which means they can keep making insane decisions.

Everyone's a winner.

PG Sinanju when?

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

gently caress yeah.

I'm never ever gonna buy that fucker but good on it for existing. It'll be a nightmare to build.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Ahahaha, holy poo poo, that thing it's going to be gloriously unstable, dear lord can you imagine the weight issues?

Also the GyaGya is looking sharp, it reminds me of some stuff from Five Star Stories.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I'ma buy a pg unicorn and rent a slowmotion camera just so I can make a youtube video of a single down feather falling on the head and causing the whole kit to shatter into its component pieces

e: set to the msg ending theme

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
The RE/100 Mk.III lineart is looking kind of weird.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Alright, my net's back up after a whole day of waiting let's see what Bandai announce-

ahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah

Pretty much exactly what you think it says. "Hey guys the frame for the RG Wing Zero can be recycled for the other Operation Meteor Gundams!!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Might as well come out and ask; is there any point in the master grade kits? Do real grade models offer something extra?
Yes I'm new at this thing. Throw oranges at my face.

• Locked thread