Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

J3ng4 posted:

Orr is awesome if you just take the time to look around. Look up everyone, embrace you surroundings.

edit: more exploring of Orr:

Explored more of Arah after everyone left, it's really pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

U.T. Raptor posted:

Ranger leveling is the best leveling.

Warrior and guardian are close behind.

I've been trying to level my warrior and found it extremely boring since it's mostly autoattacking till things are dead. Granted, that could be due to it being a five sig build. So, if someone could post a non-five sig warrior leveling build, that'd be most chill.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Captain McStabbin posted:

I've been trying to level my warrior and found it extremely boring since it's mostly autoattacking till things are dead. Granted, that could be due to it being a five sig build. So, if someone could post a non-five sig warrior leveling build, that'd be most chill.

Warrior abilities suck poo poo (except endure pain), signets are fine. Just go axe/axe and sword/warhorn to spin-to-win and then zip around between fights.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

New pvp game mode.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

CLAM DOWN posted:

I've personally had fun with every class levelling except mesmer, which seems to take way more effort than the others for normal levelling purposes!

This is true, but I solo leveled my Mesmer until around 65 and while it was a lot of effort it was certainly a good challenge

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Rincewind posted:

What classes are fun to solo/level as? I remember having a ton of fun leveling my guardian back in the day, since the world of GW2 is so beautifully made and fun to explore, but I haven't really played since like 2012 (I have logged in for a few of the living story things, I guess) so I forget how all the classes work or how they might have changed since then.

For me personally, I'd say Guardian, Necromancer or Ranger would be the overall easiest ones to level up solo. As for which are the most fun? Well those would be the most fun for me personally but it really is personal preference. I will echo that Mesmer can/will be a pain in the rear end to level up solo and so far Elementalist seems to kinda be a pain to level as well (I just finally got around to doing one).

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

PartyCrown posted:

RIP 5 hour Arah P4 run. Blessings be upon Our Lord Kes and Most Precious Pubby Xx Nobunaga Xx.

Found a screenshot of the first time I beat Arah P4 in late 2012. We had two failed attempts before this fail at the 4 hour mark due to a patch hitting.

This was when the simin encounter was at its most buggy. She healed, couldn't be hurt while stealthed, the sparks were bugged as poo poo and none of the cheap tricks worked. It went on so long two dentists had to bail.

Okay I know she isn't the end but, yaknow.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So we took the keep right across from Jade Quarry's main EBG spawn, then Sea of Sorrows showed up.

It was pure chaos and 3 fps.

thoran
Aug 28, 2007

Lonk posted:

For me personally, I'd say Guardian, Necromancer or Ranger would be the overall easiest ones to level up solo. As for which are the most fun? Well those would be the most fun for me personally but it really is personal preference. I will echo that Mesmer can/will be a pain in the rear end to level up solo and so far Elementalist seems to kinda be a pain to level as well (I just finally got around to doing one).

My girlfriend somehow got a level 80 ele and she still doesn't really know what she's doing.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I had to double check for a sec there that it wasn't my girlfriend making that post :downs: I also somehow got an elementalist to level 80 and I have no clue what I'm doing and am in fact awful at this game. The whole experience had made levelling my ranger alt super easy in comparison though!

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
My girlfriend refuses to play games.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

D/D or D/F is super easy for leveling. For most fights, lightning whip will end your opponents reasonably quickly, but you also have access to an awesome damage chain very early on.

Use fire focus 4, then fire dagger three to land on your opponent. Dodge roll backward blasting with the utility Arcane Blast if you have it, it's an easy three stacks of might and a massive burst. Then switch to water, blast skill 3, then earth and blast skill 4. Boom, you have 9 stacks of might and your opponent is probably dead. If not, switch to air and lightning whip with your incedible might stacks.

Another great leveling utility is arcane bolt, it's got a very short recharge and does great damage while also proccing on-crit traits and sigils perfectly once you have access to those.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I just started playing again, previously I got a guardian to max level shortly after launch and quit almost immediately. I wanted something completely different from what I am used to so I am now rolling as a mesmer. I am only level 13 so far, but I'm wondering what is so bad about them?

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

I don't know how much all the changes to leveling affect this...seems like mostly all they do is make things overall more tedious, but for me Mesmers did really gimped damage compared to other classes until they got their later traits. Necro i didn't find all that much fun to level. The most efficient way is to lug around a petting zoo and let them do all the dps for you, which I found boring. ele I actually thought was really fun to level. They do crazy, crazy dps and going full zerk and racing your insane dps against your insanely low hit points is a lot of fun. Also you can solo pretty much anything with an ele once you learn to kite.

Guardian and Warrior are both absurdly easy to level, Guardian is almost too easy to level because you never need to learn all the cool tricks the class can do when you can just autoattack and win every fight. The only other difference between the two is warrior dashes off to the next thing like sonic the hedgehog and guardian lumbers off like...some lumbering thing. Guardians are slow is what I'm saying.

Ranger doesn't kill as fast but finding juvenile pets is like a fun little scavenger hunt if you don't cheat and use guides. Thief can actually be challenging at some points in the game due to how squishy they are, esp when fighting dredge. Engineer is like messing around with a broken radio, its frustrating at first but then at some point it just clicks and everything becomes incredibly awesome.

That was my experience at least.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Hamburger Test posted:

I just started playing again, previously I got a guardian to max level shortly after launch and quit almost immediately. I wanted something completely different from what I am used to so I am now rolling as a mesmer. I am only level 13 so far, but I'm wondering what is so bad about them?

Mesmers depend more on traits for effectiveness and playstyle than many other classes (Deceptive Evasion might as well be a class feature), so until you get those traits they can feel weaker if you're comparing them to what they feel like at level 80 or to other classes. They're not bad, they just don't swoosh through everything quite as fast as many other classes do.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

SlothBear posted:

The most efficient way

Well yes, don't play the most efficient way, play the most fun way.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Or play a thief, and do both.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I just realized that I hadn't map completed Borderlands, and I need to for my Gift of Exploration. :sigh: Is your server taking towers the only way to get their PoIs?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

WvW completion is a bitch if your server isn't doing well. That's why I've been sitting on it for probably closing in on two years now.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Jan posted:

Well yes, don't play the most efficient way, play the most fun way.

There isn't a more fun leveling build for necro though. Conditions are silly in pve, by the time you've applied them someone else has already cleaved everything down.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

SlothBear posted:

Conditions are silly in pve, by the time you've applied them someone else has already cleaved everything down.

:staredog:

Okay, yes, sure. There were thieves and warriors following me around cleaving everything while I was levelling through map completion. I was never alone against a veteran or elite mob ever. All those poor conditions completely going to waste.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

SlothBear posted:

There isn't a more fun leveling build for necro though. Conditions are silly in pve, by the time you've applied them someone else has already cleaved everything down.

Axe/focus plus dagger/warhorn. Cap vuln stacks alone, dig into priority target with dagger+wh aoe, activate shroud to clean up adds or tank hits ridiculously well even with berserker equipment. I have never needed minions levelling my Necro to 80 and don't think they would have made it that much faster.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I got my Gift(s) of Exploration, the mail from the Explorer's Society, and the pretty screen pop telling me I got 100% map completion. All of the Explorer Achievements for the individual areas are complete.

But my "Been There, Done That" Hero achievement is stuck at 99/100.

What the hell?

Gourd of Taste
Sep 11, 2006

by Ralp

Jan posted:

:staredog:

Okay, yes, sure. There were thieves and warriors following me around cleaving everything while I was levelling through map completion. I was never alone against a veteran or elite mob ever. All those poor conditions completely going to waste.

you guys are talking at cross purposes, sloth is saying they're bad for dungeons (mostly true) and you're saying they're good for exploration (also mostly true)

The dagger and axe changes could definitely make necro leveling a lot more fun, especially dagger.

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I got my Gift(s) of Exploration, the mail from the Explorer's Society, and the pretty screen pop telling me I got 100% map completion. All of the Explorer Achievements for the individual areas are complete.

But my "Been There, Done That" Hero achievement is stuck at 99/100.

What the hell?

i think they added some hearts? and maybe they don't count for exploration, but do count for the title? the anet experience

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Yeah I got 100% completion a year and some ago and now if I look at the world map it tells me there are 3 hearts I haven't completed. No clue where they are, and I don't really feel like going zone to zone trying to figure it out, so they just sit there unfinished giving me OCD twinges when I look at the map.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Your Asura is Emmett Kelly.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

BobTheJanitor posted:

Yeah I got 100% completion a year and some ago and now if I look at the world map it tells me there are 3 hearts I haven't completed. No clue where they are, and I don't really feel like going zone to zone trying to figure it out, so they just sit there unfinished giving me OCD twinges when I look at the map.

One is right outside the Grove and the other two are outside Black Citadel (I believe one is where the skritt are stealing cannonballs and the other is like immediately outside and involves killing spiders)

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
I'm leveling a ranger now, got it to 50 in like 3 days of casual play (with an instant level 20.) This is certainly seems easier than when I got my warrior to 80, but I also did that back at release without all these fancy "fart and get rewarded" thingies. I also have an 80 ele from release that only has 51% of the map unlocked because solo world content is a BITCH even when scaled down comparatively. My ele got to 80 pretty much exclusively from WvW.

I also have missing hearts on my 100% map complete warrior because of patches, I'm trying to 100% the world as I go along so maybe I can figure out what's missing. I also somehow only have like 2 regions listed as complete and am missing a zone in a bunch of places.

Blah this game is just making me want to be OCD as hell.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Someone from Goon Squad was running with XOXO thieves last night, doing a thief gangbang. Unsurprisingly, getting every condition at once and 5-10 stacks of confusion tends to kill you real quick. Soo... how do I run that cheese myself... When I check the official forums, it's just people complaining about the thief condi rape build but no description of how to do it.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
I'm trying to sign up for the free trial account but I'm having some issues because I'm trying to use the email address that I used for Guild Wars. When I register, it says that a Guild Wars account is already associated with this email address and that I should log in and play today during the free trial. However, when I log in and go to download the game client it says Guild Wars 2 is not available. What do I do?

Going to the section to upgrade or link accounts it just says: "Congratulations! You have successfully linked your Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 accounts. In doing so, you now have access to the exciting rewards awaiting you inside the Hall of Monuments. The following Guild Wars 2 account information will now be used to log in to both Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2: <email address>"

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

One is where the skritt are, the other is the corral right to the left of the ramp leading north out of the Black Citadel.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Rhaegar posted:

I'm trying to sign up for the free trial account but I'm having some issues because I'm trying to use the email address that I used for Guild Wars. When I register, it says that a Guild Wars account is already associated with this email address and that I should log in and play today during the free trial. However, when I log in and go to download the game client it says Guild Wars 2 is not available. What do I do?

Going to the section to upgrade or link accounts it just says: "Congratulations! You have successfully linked your Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 accounts. In doing so, you now have access to the exciting rewards awaiting you inside the Hall of Monuments. The following Guild Wars 2 account information will now be used to log in to both Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2: <email address>"

http://cloudfront.guildwars2.com/client/Gw2Setup.exe

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Thanks but when I try to authenticate it says "You are attempting to log in with an account that does not have Guild Wars 2 registered to it. Please register a Guild Wars 2 serial code to this account. For additional information, please visit http://support.guildwars2.com." but I can't get a serial code since I'm not able to register a new account to take advantage of the free trial even though it says you should be able to use existing accounts to take advantage of the free trial.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Someone from Goon Squad was running with XOXO thieves last night, doing a thief gangbang. Unsurprisingly, getting every condition at once and 5-10 stacks of confusion tends to kill you real quick. Soo... how do I run that cheese myself... When I check the official forums, it's just people complaining about the thief condi rape build but no description of how to do it.

0/0/6/2/6 Dire build p/d. It's condition cheese but it works.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are

Rhaegar posted:

Use a different email to create a new account. If you decide you want to buy it you can link your existing GW1 account to the new account you created.

Sorry, we don't handle folks w/ an existing GW1 account very well in some places :(

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

The benefits of the new api

http://nightzirch.net/gw2/quaggans/

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Tivac posted:

Use a different email to create a new account. If you decide you want to buy it you can link your existing GW1 account to the new account you created.

Sorry, we don't handle folks w/ an existing GW1 account very well in some places :(

Thanks, I'm in thanks to Guild Wars allowing me to register an account with a plus in the email address. :)

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

So when will the rest of those enter the quaggan tonic rotation? Also, when will the quaggan tonic be able to have a halo and play the horn and jump and dance?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

I want to run around as a box with little quaggan feet sticking out. Please make this happen.

• Locked thread