Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

citizenlowell posted:

Any word on whether Hyrule Warriors will be a midnight release on the eshop? I'd be nice to queue up the download before I go to bed.

What kind of third world country do you live in where you want to download a game and wait to play it hours later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

citizenlowell posted:

Any word on whether Hyrule Warriors will be a midnight release on the eshop? I'd be nice to queue up the download before I go to bed.

It should be up at midnight EST judging by previous midnight releases.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Shelf Adventure posted:

Who the gently caress cares how good you are at virtually jumping? If you aren't having fun just bypass that poo poo

Me because it means you are horrible and that's not a good thing

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Starhawk64 posted:

And that's why I buy physical copies of Wii U games.

I've gotten $50 back from the digital deluxe promotion, soon to be $60 after I download Hyrule Warriors.

I sure hope they extend the promotion...

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Mr E posted:

I just don't understand why I only have to pay 8 bucks more for a TB of data.

Because the most expensive and complicated part of a smaller hard drive is actually the motor and the assembly. The platters by themselves are cheap as hell.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

It should be up at midnight EST judging by previous midnight releases.

There's also a banner on the store that flat out says "Download it here at midnight!"

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Fremry posted:

I don't know how reliable it is, but "Nintendo Everything" says Bayonetta 1 and 2 together take up 32.2 GB.
Nintendo Everything is basically my source for everything that goes into the OP. It's pretty reliable.

Speaking of the OP, I've been forgetting to update the deals, but we've got two recommended titles on sale this week in North America! I, unfortunately, didn't catch the Hyrule Warriors deal in EU, but hopefully anyone who was looking to get the game for 10% off caught it.

quote:

Pikmin 3 is on sale in NA for $39.99 - 33% off!
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is on sale in NA for $29.99 - 40% off!
Armillo is on sale for $4.99 / €3.69 / £2.99.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

Phantasium posted:

There's also a banner on the store that flat out says "Download it here at midnight!"

That's the excellent kind of information I'd like to have access to when I'm away from my Wii U. Thanks for confirming that though. I haven't played a Warriors game since the PS2 launch, I'm excited to jump back in with this one.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning, queue up Hyrule Warriors to download, go to work, and come home to a new game ready to play! :buddy:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
When they say midnight do they mean eastern time or Pacific time?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

When they say midnight do they mean eastern time or Pacific time?

EST

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
gently caress yes, that means I get to start downloading at 9 pm.

West coast best coast :cool:

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT

Unlucky7 posted:

gently caress yes, that means I get to start downloading at 9 pm.

West coast best coast :cool:

Just came to ask this. Confirming west coast is the best coast. Gonna download dat game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm not getting it until tomorrow afternoon, but the person I'm gonna play it with isn't coming over until Saturday anyways. It's not like anyone should be playing a Musou game single player anyways.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Alright until my Y-cable gets here I need to delete something to make room for Hyrule Warriors. If I delete Mario Kart 8 off my system, does my save data get deleted with it?

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT

Kaubocks posted:

Alright until my Y-cable gets here I need to delete something to make room for Hyrule Warriors. If I delete Mario Kart 8 off my system, does my save data get deleted with it?

When you are deleting games you can choose to just delete the software and not the saved games. So do that.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Awesome, thanks. In retrospect I should have just waited to install Tropical Freeze but by the time I realized I was gonna need space it was minutes away from finishing downloading. :shrug:

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
I ordered Hyrule Warriors off of Amazon. Will deliver tomorrow. Got an email earlier with my pre-order costume bonus.

I'm going to be leaving work early tomorrow to play the game. :sun:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Look. I need one USB connection for my internet dongle. Can I still have an external hard drive?

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

Look. I need one USB connection for my internet dongle. Can I still have an external hard drive?
Wii U has four USB ports, you know. An external hard drive would only need one anyways. It's not powered through USB or anything.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Inverness posted:

Wii U has four USB ports, you know. An external hard drive would only need one anyways. It's not powered through USB or anything.

I thought I needed two for the y-cable. :saddowns:

And then the other two are on the front and I need two for the GameCube adaptor. :saddowns:

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

codenameFANGIO posted:

I thought I needed two for the y-cable. :saddowns:

And then the other two are on the front and I need two for the GameCube adaptor. :saddowns:

Yeah you need 2 ports for the y-cable. You could just get a HDD that's powered with an AC adapter instead though.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah you need 2 ports for the y-cable. You could just get a HDD that's powered with an AC adapter instead though.

I'll look into this thanks. :) I need it before Smash so I have some time to look into it at least.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

:fap:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Aperture Priority posted:

So I picked up DK:TF for the sale, and it reminds me of something that had been driving me insane. What the hell is with the incredibly slow download speeds on the Wii U? I get that I'm running wireless, but that's no reason for an 11gb download to take over 2 hours when my PC could get the same file in less than 10 minutes. Are Nintendo's servers really that slow?

I've not really noticed the downloads being that slow before, so I wonder if this is just due to the influx of people all trying to download Hyrule Warriors tonight or what.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

:vince:

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

I'll look into this thanks. :) I need it before Smash so I have some time to look into it at least.
I'm not familiar with the Y-cable, so I assumed you were just getting an external drive powered by an AC adapter which only needs one USB port.

Also, does the GameCube controller adapter really need to use two USB ports even if you're only using one or two controllers?

Personally I'm avoiding the GC adapter simply because the 3DS will have the same button layout as the GamePad or Pro Controller so I feel better getting used to that as opposed to embedding the GameCube controller even deeper into my memory.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'll get the gamecube controller adapter when and if they start releasing downloadable Gamecube games, but I'm using a pro or the gamepad when actually playing smash cause I'm not a baby who needs the same controller my whole life.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

So in a few hours there's going to be a stream of the new Fatal Frame game on NicoNico. Here's the link: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv194450157

As you can see on the page here, they actually translated the announcement to English, including an English title for the game. "Fatal Frame: Oracle of the Sodden Raven" is not a literal translation of the Japanese title of the game. For one, the series isn't called "Fatal Frame" in Japan, it's called "Zero". For two, the subtitle, "Nuregarasu no Miko", translates roughly to "The Black-Haired Maiden of the Shrine". That's different enough from the title given on the NicoNico page to make me think that they didn't just mistranslate it.

Could this mean a Western release is happening after all? :dance:

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

JordanKai posted:

So in a few hours there's going to be a stream of the new Fatal Frame game on NicoNico. Here's the link: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv194450157

As you can see on the page here, they actually translated the announcement to English, including an English title for the game. "Fatal Frame: Oracle of the Sodden Raven" is not a literal translation of the Japanese title of the game. For one, the series isn't called "Fatal Frame" in Japan, it's called "Zero". For two, the subtitle, "Nuregarasu no Miko", translates roughly to "The Black-Haired Maiden of the Shrine". That's different enough from the title given on the NicoNico page to make me think that they didn't just mistranslate it.

I certainly hope so. I made it through the first one pn PS2 have the second one I've gotten about halfway through before I became a big baby about creepy chidren and have never finished it. I'd love to be scared shitless on my WiiU.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

JordanKai posted:

"Fatal Frame: Oracle of the Sodden Raven"
That translation makes for a spectacularly terrible title, though :psyduck:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

PrBacterio posted:

That translation makes for a spectacularly terrible title, though :psyduck:

Well it all depends on what it was soaked in to become to soggy. Maybe it was spooky black sludge! :ghost:

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
On a side note I thought at one point there was a goon recommended usb hard drive for the Wii U in the OP but didn't see it in my recent scan. Can someone enlighten me on a good one so I can download games and dlc without worry.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I pre-ordered Hyrule Warriors from Amazon. It just got here, but I haven't gotten an DLC code by email or anything. Do I need to bug amazon, or has no one else gotten it yet?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Haven't gotten my DLC code yet either, though mine just shipped yesterday so I don't know if it's tied to that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

JordanKai posted:

Going down in less than 15 minutes for anyone interested.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Fatal Frame stream about to start soon

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Less than 1 minute. 11am EST and 8am PST.

Edit: The water looks great. It actualy doesn't.

Fremry fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Sep 26, 2014

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
I'm pretty sure the Wii U can handle less stiff facial animations, developer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

It's still running AMD/ATI graphics lets not get ahead of ourselves.

• Locked thread