Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Zombie #246 posted:

If everyone at the table isn't claiming to be Merlin you're doing it wrong

apparently the pubbies on that site all like to silently rush through the game except for when you off approve

by no coincidence the site win rates are weighted towards the red team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i am good at traitor games

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zombie #246 posted:

If everyone at the table isn't claiming to be Merlin you're doing it wrong

we were doing it right. That's a fun game.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Ralp, you should get The Resistance: Avalon if you like the traitor poo poo in BSG but want a much shorter game.

Ah yes,

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

i cant play tonight and i dont know the rules yet but avalon online sounds like fun

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Playing social deduction games online? Ehhhhhhhhh...

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Scyther posted:

well if you are so much of a manchild that you cant interact with people irl, its the only way

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nine trillion mentally retarded mafia players can't all be wrong

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Scyther posted:

It actually worked out pretty decently, provided you were willing to be vocal in the chat. The app itself is quite good, you could pair it with Mumble or Facecam to get a bit closer to the real thing.

Tekopo posted:

well if you are so much of a manchild that you cant interact with people irl, its the only way
I'm positive at least some of the pubbie regulars have never actually played the physical game. I watched the end of a 7-player game where absolutely no discussion occurred during the last two missions. It's creepy.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Scyther posted:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Bobby The Rookie posted:

It actually worked out pretty decently, provided you were willing to be vocal in the chat. The app itself is quite good, you could pair it with Mumble or Facecam to get a bit closer to the real thing.

I'm positive at least some of the pubbie regulars have never actually played the physical game. I watched the end of a 7-player game where absolutely no discussion occurred during the last two missions. It's creepy.

It's like playing diplomacy with no-press.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

It's not a perfect substitute, but if all your Resistance buddies simultaneously moved away it'd be better than nothing.

It wasn't as dumb as I thought it was going to be going into it, I'll say as someone who also thinks online social deduction is pretty retarded- and it was miles better than pbp.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

i love it when i have 18xx night and newbies come up to our table, look at it and then go away horrified :twisted:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

kinda wanna play virgin queen cause the time period rules but holy poo poo the rules are intimidating

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
Trip report my friend insisted in playing the insurgents in 1v1 FitL twice in a row and basically just tried to kill as many us troops as possible as his only goal. Quelle pinche surprise he lost both times. I dont think he gets COIN (nor is he Lf enough to just kill Americans as the moral decision). I get my friends to play twilight struggle and kemet but I might not know anyone nerdy enough to play a babby wargame

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

virgin queen isnt really all that bad, it just has a loads of stuff but its all really easy

eSports Chaebol posted:

Trip report my friend insisted in playing the insurgents in 1v1 FitL twice in a row and basically just tried to kill as many us troops as possible as his only goal. Quelle pinche surprise he lost both times. I dont think he gets COIN (nor is he Lf enough to just kill Americans as the moral decision). I get my friends to play twilight struggle and kemet but I might not know anyone nerdy enough to play a babby wargame

so like, he didn't try to make you lose support? i think the issue with insurgents and nva in particular is that a lot of small operations that chip down the enemy is better than one big operation, otherwise you get the air lift from hell from the US that destroys your doomstack that you spent half a game building

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Tekopo posted:

virgin queen isnt really all that bad, it just has a loads of stuff but its all really easy

so like, he didn't try to make you lose support? i think the issue with insurgents and nva in particular is that a lot of small operations that chip down the enemy is better than one big operation, otherwise you get the air lift from hell from the US that destroys your doomstack that you spent half a game building

yeah, with the NVA when you shove a zillion cubes in it just gives you the massive airlift of doom

it's okay to put in small presences into south vietnam, even if the us can airstrike them off the map, if they're areas of support he will probably not risk air striking cubes to make you lose one pop of nva control

also use your drat guerillas they're not meant to just sit there guarding bases on the trail

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

people need to learn to move to locs and ambush, that poo poo is ridic

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Tekopo posted:

yeah at one point he had all his VC guerillas on the board and activated 24 in an attack on 4 provinces

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

eSports Chaebol posted:

yeah at one point he had all his VC guerillas on the board and activated 24 in an attack on 4 provinces

for some reason lots of first time insurgent players get obsessed with killing things rather than conducting terrorism like a good little revolutionary

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

for some reason lots of first time insurgent players get obsessed with killing things rather than conducting terrorism like a good little revolutionary
theres only a few occasions when it is worth assaulting and most of them are either where you can ambush already or if you have vulnerable coalition troops in ADP

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Tekopo posted:

people need to learn to move to locs and ambush, that poo poo is ridic

blocking off the n-s highway in fire in the lake significantly weakens arvn

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3988/life-blackman

what the frick

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice
I'm hosting Tragedy Looper for the first time tomorrow. What is the appropriate sake to serve at a board game night?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
YOU MONSTER HOW DARE YOU TAKE MY LORD'S NAME IN VAIN WITH THAT USERNAME

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

I'm hosting Tragedy Looper for the first time tomorrow. What is the appropriate sake to serve at a board game night?

whose rereg are you

dimwit
Jan 30, 2011

There seems to be a misunderstanding

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

OMG it's you. You make p good games. Wanna sign my dungeon petz?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

please dont all crowd around our lord and saviour at once

Morholt
Mar 18, 2006

Contrary to popular belief, tic-tac-toe isn't purely a game of chance.

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

ban for anime

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice

Morholt posted:

ban for anime

Shut up, baka gaijin

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Broken Loose posted:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

this is the boardgaming equivalent of a muhammad cartoon

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

somebody must now take the name Kevin Wilson and they will fight to the death

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Tekopo posted:

please dont all crowd around our lord and saviour at once

but sid sackson is dead?

quote:

"(A good game) should be easy to learn yet have infinite strategic possibilities, give you the chance to make choices, create interaction among players and take a maximum of one and a half hours to play." -- Sid Sackson

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Tekopo posted:

this is the boardgaming equivalent of a muhammad cartoon

Broken Loose posted:

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice
What a bunch of girls.

dimwit
Jan 30, 2011

There seems to be a misunderstanding

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

What a bunch of girls.

I'm going to play Dungeon Petz tonight with a girl. Maybe have sexy time afterwards. Thanks man.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

dimwit posted:

I'm going to play Dungeon Petz tonight with a girl. Maybe have sexy time afterwards. Thanks man.

make sure your radiator doesnt have structural weaknesses, that cost me my last round of dungeon pets with a girl :twisted:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

dimwit posted:

Fool, dungeon lords is better because you can make snide comments about using the magic room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'm just sad I filled all the slots for the Mage Knight PBP, I could have had Vlaada haranguing other players

• Locked thread