Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Is Star Fox worth it at $30? I played the everloving poo poo out of that game on the N64, which is a point both for and against spending $30 to do it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Is Star Fox worth it at $30? I played the everloving poo poo out of that game on the N64, which is a point both for and against spending $30 to do it again.

No, not for $30. If it was like $10 it'd be perfect. $20 would be tight but maybe arguable. $30? No. It's a score attack game that is a 1/2 hour long so unless you really like score attack games it does not have $30 worth of playtime even if you do every stage.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
On the other hand, if you like score attack games

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Well Teslagrad is a pretty short game, I didn't collect all the things so I guess that's all that's left for me to do.
It's a decent game but the price is a bit much considering the length

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".
Nintendo must be running their servers on game boys because I've been downloading tropical freeze for over two hours now.

Speed tests put me somewhere north of 50Mb, and steam and PSN downloads fly in. I'm even on a wired connection on my Wii U.

Come on, Nintendo. Don't be this way.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

katkillad2 posted:

Are we never going to get that GBA Fire Emblem game in the US :argh:?

We'll get it, but probably not this year.

I imagine next month will just be "spooky" games seeing as they've saved the remaining SNES Castlevania till now and are putting out one of the GBA ones as well.

Too bad they won't have TG-16/PC Engine games for the foreseeable future because then they could've just given us the far better Rondo of Blood.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Civil posted:

Nintendo must be running their servers on game boys because I've been downloading tropical freeze for over two hours now.

Speed tests put me somewhere north of 50Mb, and steam and PSN downloads fly in. I'm even on a wired connection on my Wii U.

Part of that is gonna be traffic clog from the Hyrule Warriors launch.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Is Australia gonna see a cool Tropical Freeze discount or has one already occurred and I slept on it? That's really the only pre-Smash sale game I'm hankering for.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

C-Euro posted:

You can find a physical copy for $20 on Groupon sometimes. They seem to offer it every other week. Check clearance sections of stores too. Toys R Us was selling them for $12 a month or two ago.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

alf_pogs posted:

Is Australia gonna see a cool Tropical Freeze discount or has one already occurred and I slept on it? That's really the only pre-Smash sale game I'm hankering for.

Probably not, no.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Civil posted:

I have the opposite problem where I have sort of a crap connection and Nintendo takes quite a while, but downloads of the same size on a PS3 take loving forever. Like, usually a day for anything of decent size.

alf_pogs posted:

If you are okay with a physical copy Tropical Freeze, 3D World and Hyrule Warriors are $60 each at Target for the next week and a half.

It's not an amazing price but it is $20 off the eShop price.

Crawfish fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Sep 26, 2014

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

I got SF643D for free last year on Club Nintendo and finally played it earlier this week (steam.txt) and it is the perfect game to play on 10 minute breaks at work, I can pretty comfortably squeeze in a mission every break. I've beaten the game twice this week, with a little play time at home too, very fun. Wish I had the original as a kid, I would have been crazy over it. But yeah I couldn't see myself spending more than $20 on this one, not without feeling I over-paid at least.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Star Fox 64 is still one of the best games ever made but $30 should be the normal price for the remake, not the sale price.

So Tropical Freeze is cool and all (no pun intended) but geez, these loading times.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I did it again. I redeemed coins for a game I apparently already owned!

KIRBY SUPER STAR WII U - CLUB
A05Q-6624-24E1-Y6XT

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

Russad posted:

I did it again. I redeemed coins for a game I apparently already owned!

KIRBY SUPER STAR WII U - CLUB
A05Q-6624-24E1-Y6XT
Grabbed, thanks :mario:

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

I'm out of town and not going to be anywhere near my Wii U for the next month, is there any way for me to buy Tropical Freeze before this sale is over?

I'm guessing there isn't but I guess it can't hurt to ask.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

That would require Nintendo to not be poo poo at online services.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

KennyMan666 posted:

That would require Nintendo to not be poo poo at online services.

So having a sale on their online store and having a customer not near the device that accesses that online store is being "poo poo at online services"?

Seriously, I think the bashing of Nintendo's online presence is starting to get a bit ridiculous. Yeah, they're still catching up to Sony and Microsoft...but I don't think having mobile access or whatever to the Nintendo eshop is a black mark against them.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It kinda is, seeing as they announced it'd be happening, like, two years ago.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

jivjov posted:

So having a sale on their online store and having a customer not near the device that accesses that online store is being "poo poo at online services"?

Seriously, I think the bashing of Nintendo's online presence is starting to get a bit ridiculous. Yeah, they're still catching up to Sony and Microsoft...but I don't think having mobile access or whatever to the Nintendo eshop is a black mark against them.

It's a pretty big mark against them when this is an issue that appeared when the original Wii was out.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Why? Why is access to a device's online network on a separate device so necessary? Yeah it would be convenient, yeah it's disappointing that the feature doesn't exist, but I don't get how that makes Nintendo "poo poo"

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Their inability to implement announced features/infrastructure in a timely fashion or even maintain parity with their older infrastructure is what makes them poo poo, not just the specific absence/omission of feature xyz.

I think what they have is adequate and all the kvetching about the eShop being literally impossible to use is tedious and I already regret furthering the conversation but it's not hard to find fault with it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't understand the eShop complaints honestly. Its easy to use and easy to find what you're looking for, the front page has good categories and games you're most likely to be interested in featured.

The complaint that you can't prebuy to auto download or preload, or buy from another device is a valid one though, and I believe they initially said that would be a feature at E3 2011.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

jivjov posted:

Why? Why is access to a device's online network on a separate device so necessary? Yeah it would be convenient, yeah it's disappointing that the feature doesn't exist, but I don't get how that makes Nintendo "poo poo"

I don't think it makes them poo poo or I wouldn't keep supporting the eStore, I think it's a bit odd and inconvenient that they announce features that never happen. I have way more actual problems with PSN due to it being stupidly slow all the time no matter what connection I use.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah, if they hadn't announced the features I probably would think the eShop's "ok" but a lack of being able to buy stuff while away from the console (it'd be ideal to do that on my phone between classes so i have a game ready to play when i get home) and no N64 virtual console (a full year since it was announced, right?) makes it kinda poo poo.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Holy poo poo.

To anybody trying to free up room on their 3DS, be sure to look under 'Extra Data' in the Data Management settings. For whatever reason, Nintendo Video decided to store like 2600 blocks of data on my SD card.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Lizard Wizard posted:

Holy poo poo.

To anybody trying to free up room on their 3DS, be sure to look under 'Extra Data' in the Data Management settings. For whatever reason, Nintendo Video decided to store like 2600 blocks of data on my SD card.

Yeah, it likes to preload certain videos for instant viewing but never cull them.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Meme Run. Yup.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Did someone at SA make the :frog:? They should clearly sue for copyright infringement. :rolleyes:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I'm fine with the Eshop mostly, but I do agree that I wish you could buy things online. Because I had too small an SD card and didn't get one until after the sale ended I couldn't get Phoenix Wright when it was on sale. :( Unless you can still buy things when you don't have the space for them, then I'm just dumb.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I'm fine with the Eshop mostly, but I do agree that I wish you could buy things online. Because I had too small an SD card and didn't get one until after the sale ended I couldn't get Phoenix Wright when it was on sale. :( Unless you can still buy things when you don't have the space for them, then I'm just dumb.

Can't you just buy it and choose "download later" when it asks if you want to download it now?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

BambooEarpick posted:

Can't you just buy it and choose "download later" when it asks if you want to download it now?

It checks if you have enough space before getting there, and "download later" just means it'll wait for you to close the console

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

GOTY

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

I hadn't heard they were doing a Guacamelee 2!

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

AllisonByProxy posted:

I hadn't heard they were doing a Guacamelee 2!
Your opinions are bad, your judgment is lacking and your worldview is limited.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of October 2):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    99Seconds - €2.49 / £2.29
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Street Fighter Alpha 2 (SNES, US ver.) - €7.99 / £5.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Ducktales Remastered (Wii U eShop) - €6.74 / £5.39 until October 2
    Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Wii U eShop) - €6.74 / £5.39 until October 2
    Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U) - €19.99 / £15.99 until October 2
    Armillo (Wii U eShop) - €3.69 / £2.99 until October 5
    Swords & Soldiers (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.77 until October 9
    Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / £5.60 until October 12

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (October 3) - €44.99 / £39.99
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Street Fighter 2010; The Final Fight (NES) - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (3DS eShop) - €14.99 / £11.99 until October 2
    Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D (3DS) - €4.49 / £4.04 until October 2
    Resident Evil Revelations (3DS) - €13.49 / £11.24 until October 2
    Super Street Fighter 4 3D (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.99 until October 2
    Tappingo (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.69 until October 12
    Jett Rockett 2: Wrath of Taikai (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.25 until October 2

Heads-up for UK dudes: GAME UK has the Smash digital code for 31.99 (click).

Street Fighter 2010 doesn't suck!

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
another week, and yet still no FE7

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Austrian mook posted:

another week, and yet still no FE7

That's PAL-Land. They already have FE7.

I don't think the US is going to get it this month, October means Castlevania games from the look of it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Kururin or bust, yo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Last night, I remembered Kokuga was a thing and went to check if they ever released it on the PAL eShop. Funny story: every time I used the search function for that word, it crashed. Worked with any other word(s) except "Kokuga", so I ended up having to browse through the entire "eShop-only" category to find it. 15€, kind of lost interest, but I found this: Rage Of The Gladiator, a Punch-out clone in a fantasy arena. The good reviews on the eShop made me look for actual reviews and they seem glowing, yet I have never heard of this little game. Underrated gem? Anyone tried it?