Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Krowley posted:

Nah there's a gun that'll pull stuff towards you so you can launch it, like the HL2 gravity gun
That's telekinesis, Kyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Have a smoke. Coffee? You're welcome.
Fun Shoe
The funny thing is, Saints' Row 5-6 can be just about any genre with the current setup. Hell, they could out-Skyrim Bethesda.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
WORD OF POWER LEARNED - gently caress, YOU, SAY

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DO9_tJtoK4 Gat out of Hell 'Walkthough' is up, shows off some of the weapons we've already seen, a new diversion, a few new weapons, and, of course, the best bit about any Saints Row video, the rear end retarded comments from entitled idiots bitching that they don't like the direction.

(In an actual point, I know most of the marketing is on Gat for reasons including the title, but I'd like to see a bit of focus, personally, on Kinzie as well.)

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
"Hi my name is Jim Boone, senior producer on Saint's Row: Ghetto The Bell."

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Magil of Shadow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DO9_tJtoK4 Gat out of Hell 'Walkthough' is up, shows off some of the weapons we've already seen, a new diversion, a few new weapons, and, of course, the best bit about any Saints Row video, the rear end retarded comments from entitled idiots bitching that they don't like the direction.

(In an actual point, I know most of the marketing is on Gat for reasons including the title, but I'd like to see a bit of focus, personally, on Kinzie as well.)

Test markets found that the title Kinzie: Anything is a Dildo if You're Brave Enough was only going to sell to a niche market and it wasn't the market the publisher was going for.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Azubah posted:

Test markets found that the title Kinzie: Anything is a Dildo if You're Brave Enough was only going to sell to a niche market and it wasn't the market the publisher was going for.

:golfclap:

I should find Kinzie pandering and annoying, but she's hilarious.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Azubah posted:

I'll take two, please.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
No, Kinzie! We didn't install the stripper pole for you to do THAT with it!

Kinzie, stop it! The Boss only just had those tyre spikes installed! He'll be furious... and impressed.

Look Kinzie, I don't care how much you've had to drink, that's Zinyak's spaceship and it's NOT GOING TO FIT

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Sep 26, 2014

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Sorry if this has been answered, but from watching trailers/dev stuff about Gat Out of Hell...I know you can play as Kinzie and Gat, but is it freely interchangeable or are there "Kinzie Missions" and "Gat Missions"? Is it only Gat in the free play? I've not seen any videos with Kinzie in them so...?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Humerus posted:

Sorry if this has been answered, but from watching trailers/dev stuff about Gat Out of Hell...I know you can play as Kinzie and Gat, but is it freely interchangeable or are there "Kinzie Missions" and "Gat Missions"? Is it only Gat in the free play? I've not seen any videos with Kinzie in them so...?
The assumption is that you can choose to play as Gat or as Kinzie as a substitute for having a fully customisable character. If that's the case I imagine you'd probably be able to switch between them just as you can alter your character mid-game in the other Saints Rows.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Still holding out hope that Saints Row 5 will basically be Chrono Trigger.

IdolNinja
Mar 7, 2011

It's our time now!
Let's get this shit started!

Humerus posted:

You start the game as Gat, but Kinzie hangs out in the Ultor lobby and you can go there and switch to her at any time. Each character does have some unique commentary collectibles.

Nokiaman
Mar 2, 2013

IdolNinja posted:

You start the game as Gat, but Kinzie hangs out in the Ultor lobby and you can go there and switch to her at any time. Each character does have some unique commentary collectibles.

Ah so like Batman and Catwoman in Arkham City.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

IdolNinja posted:

Do the cutscenes change or do they always have both of them together anyway?

IdolNinja
Mar 7, 2011

It's our time now!

Zaa Boogie posted:

Do the cutscenes change or do they always have both of them together anyway?

The cutscenes have both characters.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Yaaaay.

Now to decide how to play this: 360 (Which was my primary full series playthrough), PC (Cause I own all the DLC on that too) or on PS4 when I get one.

... gently caress it, I'll probably own it on all three. :3:

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Tirranek posted:

Still holding out hope that Saints Row 5 will basically be Chrono Trigger.

at least then having five different versions of Steelport would make sense

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Perfect, thanks Idolninja. You are and ever will be a Prince of the Row. I had no doubt Volition would play fair with letting us goof around with characters, but it's nice to have confirmation.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Yeah it all sounds great, I can't wait to use that Sloth chairgun.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I'm wondering if Kinzie gets the angel wings too. So far they've only shown Gat with them, at least from the footage I've seen, and I thought I saw hints of her getting a 'super-jump' style power instead.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Viridiant posted:

I'm wondering if Kinzie gets the angel wings too. So far they've only shown Gat with them, at least from the footage I've seen, and I thought I saw hints of her getting a 'super-jump' style power instead.

Kinzie not getting the flying power would be pretty lovely and I hope they don't do that because it'd kinda screw over anyone who wants to play as her. They said they specifically redesigned the game to compensate for flying so it'd be pretty weird to deny it to half the playable characters.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Viridiant posted:

Maybe her wing style is a spoiler of some sort? We know Gat has wings and some kind of magic arm. Maybe she gets demonic techno wings or something.

IdolNinja
Mar 7, 2011

It's our time now!

ImpAtom posted:

Kinzie not getting the flying power would be pretty lovely and I hope they don't do that because it'd kinda screw over anyone who wants to play as her. They said they specifically redesigned the game to compensate for flying so it'd be pretty weird to deny it to half the playable characters.

You don't have anything to worry about. :)

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Jet Jaguar posted:

Maybe her wing style is a spoiler of some sort? We know Gat has wings and some kind of magic arm. Maybe she gets demonic techno wings or something.

Anything can be a dildo if you're brave enough.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!
Someone suggested leather bat wings earlier, which seems appropriate for her :whip:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

IdolNinja posted:

You don't have anything to worry about. :)

Awesome. I didn't really think it would be a thing but you never know!

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Anything is a fleshlight if you're brave enough.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Should I use any mods or QOL stuff?

Are there any good mods?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Also, does anyone besides MarcusGarlick have a formula for Nicolas Cage? There's a better one I see floating around in pictures.

Edit: Does this loving character gallery work at all?

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Oct 2, 2014

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
At $14 I guess it's finally time to get SR IV. :toot:

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Dick Trauma posted:

At $14 I guess it's finally time to get SR IV. :toot:

Unless you'd rather wait for the PS4 version that's gonna be coming out, of course.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I retired my 360 so it's PC gaming for me. I didn't like SR 3 a whole lot but I feel obliged to give 4 a try. Certainly they put alot of work into these games and I'm sure it's work a few laughs.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Which sidequests are the best ones to wait to do? I want to beat the main game quickly so I can turn on the sun (You can do that, right?).

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Is the website hosed up again? I can't get to My Steelport.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Nihilarian posted:

Which sidequests are the best ones to wait to do? I want to beat the main game quickly so I can turn on the sun (You can do that, right?).

Yeah, you can do that, but there's also a mod for you to have the ability right after gaining access to the ship (so after Matt's recruitment).

As for missions to wait to do, I'm assuming you mean the activity clusters that your homies ask you to do. I'd say of all of them you should leave Matt's until last, just because he's got the Collectible Finder as a reward for one and you might not want that. If you mean loyalty missions, they're all fantastic anyway, wit the single exception of Asha's which is just kind of okay.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Basically with the activity clusters look at the reward. If it sounds awesome, go for it.

Note that a few have a set that gives you a costume themed after their character. You definitely want to do the weapon ones. And the loyalty quests affect the game ending so you'll want to do them as they appear (as said above, they're fantastic.)

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

Is the website hosed up again? I can't get to My Steelport.

The answer to this is always Yes.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

It's hard to determine how the real world weapons compare with the alien ones. The alien ones seem sort of wimpy and if most of the enemies are human ammo is going to be a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Dick Trauma posted:

It's hard to determine how the real world weapons compare with the alien ones. The alien ones seem sort of wimpy and if most of the enemies are human ammo is going to be a problem.

You can always buy ammo, and there's no shortage of aliens. That being said, I've always preferred the real world weapons.

• Locked thread