Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Reaping those taints again, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The Taint Reaper posted:

My friends hate the Wii-U and would rather play Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls.

An actual game with worldwide appeal and an understanding of how to fix bad gameplay mechanics so that the sequels are better than the original.

This sentence is so wrong I hurt my neck doing a double take

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Not a Children posted:

This sentence is so wrong I hurt my neck doing a double take

You should give PC gaming a try once in awhile I can't think of a time where Steam went months without new games.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
Judging from the reviews (and the demo) Smash 4 is a sequel that improves the mechanics from Brawl in basically every way.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Chaltab posted:

Judging from the reviews (and the demo) Smash 4 is a sequel that improves the mechanics from Brawl in basically every way.

Smash 4 is much better than Brawl. It also is a very trim game having no excess modes that weighed the other game modes down.

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

i am looking forward to playing nintendo's upcoming online multiplayer games for the wii u with my friend the wide stancer

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

You should give PC gaming a try once in awhile I can't think of a time where Steam went months without new games.

:iceburn:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Crap posted:

i am looking forward to playing nintendo's upcoming online multiplayer games for the wii u with my friend the wide stancer

I have some bad news to tell you...

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Crap posted:

+yeah!

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Crap posted:

Same

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The Taint Reaper posted:

I have some bad news to tell you...

Is the news that you obviously have no idea what you're talking about? Because that's not news.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

The Taint Reaper posted:

An actual game with worldwide appeal and an understanding of how to fix bad gameplay mechanics so that the sequels are better than the original.

I tried Diablo 3 and it was an awful grind of right clicking poo poo and getting rare drops except it's not an MMO so what's the point because you can't gloat your E-cred over a billion pubbies. I was intensely bored after the first few hours and never played again, hell even multiplayer was boring.

All the people griping about 3D Mario World and nintendo games etc. probably have no friends and that's why they play steam games, as a substitute for real friends.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

codenameFANGIO posted:

Is the news that you obviously have no idea what you're talking about? Because that's not news.

I'm pretty sure anyone can recognize a console with severely limited online infrastructure once it's pointed out to them.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I am so excited to get smashed with you all

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I hope that Mario Maker diy romhack game has online sharing of some kind.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Man, why would anybody buy Diablo 3, play Diablo 3, or read or post in any threads about it ever? Those people sound really stupid.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

I for one cannot wait to play hyrule warriors online with my friends

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lemming posted:

Man, why would anybody buy Diablo 3, play Diablo 3, or read or post in any threads about it ever? Those people sound really stupid.

Diablo 3 sucked, but Reaper of Souls/Ultimate Evil Editions are amazing in every way.

Path of Exile and ROS are neck and neck with each other in quality. They succeeded where Torchlight 2 failed.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Wow, these numbers are so big and I might get an ever bigger number if I keep clicking. This is amazing in every way!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

Diablo 3 sucked, but Reaper of Souls/Ultimate Evil Editions are amazing in every way.

Path of Exile and ROS are neck and neck with each other in quality. They succeeded where Torchlight 2 failed.

They took away the Permanently Continuously Exploding Wizard build, and for that I can never forgive them.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

elf help book posted:

Wow, these numbers are so big and I might get an ever bigger number if I keep clicking. This is amazing in every way!

This is what Platinum wishes the Bayonetta 2 sales were like.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
All I can think to say about diablo III is, they had a quicklook of some new gauntlet game up on giantbomb today and that looked like it might be a fun little diversion judging from that.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar

The Taint Reaper posted:

This is what Platinum wishes the Bayonetta 2 sales were like.

uhh you mean Nintendo, right? Platinum got paid for what they did, Nintendo's probably out the cash on the deal.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

The Taint Reaper posted:

You missed his avatar. Some crazy person made thousands of dollars from the Diablo 3 real money auction house and bought everyone in a few of the D3 threads gold avatars.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Louisgod posted:

uhh you mean Nintendo, right? Platinum got paid for what they did, Nintendo's probably out the cash on the deal.

Yeah I guess that is more correct.

Although Nintendo is probably going to be in a state of confusion since their first anime titty game(bayonetta 2) fails, while their other upcoming anime titty game(Smash bros 4) succeeds.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The Taint Reaper posted:

Also Edge gave Watch dogs an 8 out of 10.

Neither publications are very honorable~
What did they give GTA 5 and SR 4? Cause it's worse than either of those but it's hardly dumpster poo poo. Just worse than a lot of readily available alternatives.

Personally I would rate it slightly above "mediocre" but my standards are pretty goddamn lax. And trying to figure out what number is actually the middle is its own loving nightmare since people tend to see them like school grades or some dumb poo poo.

Monicro posted:

Why is this thread active again
reduce, reuse, recycle

what have you got against old dead threads anyway

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

The Taint Reaper posted:

Although Nintendo is probably going to be in a state of confusion since their first anime titty game(bayonetta 2) fails, while their other upcoming anime titty game(Smash bros 4) succeeds.
What about anime titty game number three (Hyrule Warriors)?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

PrBacterio posted:

lana is disturbingly doe-eyed, like almost painfully saccharine to look at

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

PrBacterio posted:

I forgot that game existed, much like all the other Dynasty Warriors games.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

The Taint Reaper posted:

I forgot that game existed, much like all the other Dynasty Warriors games.

feel free to stop posting anytime

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

how are you this wrong always

the best diablo is clearly the first one, they forgot RPGs need stories

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

I wish.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Can someone please just post some sales charts already?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

they're a japanese video game company, they know better than anyone about the sales power of anime titty games

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

CrashCat posted:

lana is disturbingly doe-eyed, like almost painfully saccharine to look at

yes, creepy fixation on/sexualization of children is a thing. welcome to anime

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Papercut posted:

Seriously this. I need my charts fix. I don't want to have to go into the Xbone thread.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

EX-GAIJIN AT LAST posted:

Seriously this. I need my charts fix. I don't want to have to go into the Xbone thread.

ok heres a chart

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007
why is the wii u dipping?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

manpurse posted:

why is the wii u dipping?

Because when I dip, you dip, wii dips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Papercut posted:

Should be time for Nintendo shareholders meeting soon, so we'll get our quartley "still not profiting" announcement. Last time we got a new Pokemon announcement right after to soften the blow, wonder if they have anything cool this time.

• Locked thread