Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

NightfallGemini posted:

Thinking of coming back to this. Is Bouncer any good or is it still the Braver Power Hour? Twin sabers were my favorite weapon back in the day, kinda wanting to try out their new iteration.

Bouncer, and dual blades especially, are very good. And you don't see nearly as many bravers around anymore thanks to shunka getting nurfed pretty hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

All right, I've installed the game through the Arks Layer english installer thing, plugged in the URL for the proxy thing within PSO2 Tweaker, and upon trying to launch the game it spits me to here. What am I doing wrong and how do I do it not wrong?
Thats gameguard being the usual peice of poo poo. turn on the proxy and try running from the normal launcher first to see if gameguard will update.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I saw that the gear goes up the longer you stay airborne but I couldn't figure out how to use the spin to stay airborne any longer than usual.

edit: having not played since the very first PSO on the Dreamcast (not even episode 1 and 2 on the Gamecube) I didn't know any other classes but the main three existed before now. What other classes have existed before that might come into PSO2 someday?

Dagger gear goes up by one when you hit the peak of your jump, use a pa that launches you further into the air, or do an airdodge. You can pretty much hit max dramage from a bar by doing a jump and air dodge before attacking.

Unusual posted:

The secret to Twin Daggers is that the twirl in the air move in basically a 360 iframe.
You can also block some attacks with daggers by attacking right as they hit.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Tengames posted:

Thats gameguard being the usual peice of poo poo. turn on the proxy and try running from the normal launcher first to see if gameguard will update.

The "fix gameguard errors" button worked. Imagine that. :v:

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy

NightfallGemini posted:

Specifically PSP2/i. Blade Destruction made those things a go-to weapon for me.

The PSO2 incarnation seems good, but it looks like their go-to move is some weird semi-ranged thing. Not really what I expected.

The PAs have pretty decent damage but the fever is the OP part. Probably going to get nerfed.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Well, now the game seems to be crashing as soon as I get in and click the log in option. Got a general idea of what the issue might be?

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
Do a file check, and try running the game without any patches installed. If that works, then quit out and install the most recent versions of whichever patches you wish to use.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Surprise Noodle posted:

Do a file check, and try running the game without any patches installed. If that works, then quit out and install the most recent versions of whichever patches you wish to use.

This happened both before and after installing English patches, so.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
Right. However, you should still do a file check. Sometimes a file or two gets corrupted when you download them all at once. If you ever get a problem loading the game, a file check will usually fix it.

If you are using the proxy, I hear that very rarely it can cause some launching issues depending on your OS, antivirus, and possible conflicts with non-GG kernel-invading poo poo. If the file check doesn't fix things, then this might be a factor. I personally don't know much about it, but someone else here might.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Yeah, I'm about headed to bed but I'll be running through all the EXE fix options and stuff tomorrow.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."

Tengames posted:

You can also block some attacks with daggers by attacking right as they hit.

There are a few dagger and knuckle PAs with built in i-frames, which is helpful, since they tend to have really short range.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is there some hidden daily modifier at work on what and how many e-trials you get because goddamn, back to back to back Dark Ragna fights while doing an ordinary look through the ruins is what the hell.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
You'll get loads of Ragne and Rappies when you don't need them for the SP COs, then nothing when you do :unsmigghh:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Lizard Wizard posted:

Yeah, I'm about headed to bed but I'll be running through all the EXE fix options and stuff tomorrow.

besides once you get past all that technical nonsense I would still have to whitelist your segaID (please do not post your segaID in a thread)

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

NextTime000 posted:

besides once you get past all that technical nonsense I would still have to whitelist your segaID (please do not post your segaID in a thread)

What do you mean whitelist? Is there a guild or something?

I haven't played in 8-12 months in the hopes of a US release. Since nothing, I jumped back in two days ago, especially now that there's even more translated (yay, items!) and it's so easy. Really enjoying the Braver(bow person?).

I'd love to play with some people instead of soloing stuff.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

NextTime000 posted:

Did you want me to PM you then?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

PureRok posted:

It's for the proxy, for those who still can't connect because Sega can't into IP advertise

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

PureRok posted:

I haven't played in 8-12 months in the hopes of a US release. Since nothing, I jumped back in two days ago, especially now that there's even more translated (yay, items!) and it's so easy. Really enjoying the Braver(bow person?).

There is a team as well if you're on ship 2.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012
Y'all should join me on Ship 4. There's a very small, but active and fun English community and you don't have to deal with the terribleness that is Block 20.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

PureRok posted:

the full story is in the PGS thread I have linked in the OP

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

This is a really broad question, but how far has this game come since the beta? I have no frame of reference as I wasn't there for the beta, but I've heard reports that it wasn't so hot back then, so I'm curious.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012
I never played during Beta, but the game is a lot of fun. Especially after this most recent update that buffed melee and rangers back to relevance and made a lot of playstyles viable.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lizard Wizard posted:

This is a really broad question, but how far has this game come since the beta? I have no frame of reference as I wasn't there for the beta, but I've heard reports that it wasn't so hot back then, so I'm curious.

We only played about ten hours in the beta and didn't get very far, but from what I remember, the only area available was the forest stage (they might've had the volcano, but I we never got there). They added Collect Bear Asses missions, leveling is magnitudes faster (mostly from the Bear Asses missions), they've added in something like five or six classes, a public item sales venue, MAGs to increase your stats and provide support functions, PSE Burst bonuses to encourage larger parties... basically, a shitton of poo poo.

However, the character maker has always been this good.

My bro and I are on Ship 10, usually in Lobby/Floor 001 if anyone is interested in joining us. We both have a rudimentary understanding of Japanese, so we've made a couple buddies from the JP, but the more the merrier, right?

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lizard Wizard posted:

Beta was not that good, but still had the core gameplay that kept a lot of hardcore fans onboard for. they fixed a good number of things by episode 2; and episode 3 has almost made everything that was old, new again.

really the motto here is "Don't like it now? check back in like 6 months and maybe you will then"

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 26, 2014

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Open beta was good because smashing all of Ragne's legs and going through its full theme felt like an achievement.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

We only played about ten hours in the beta and didn't get very far, but from what I remember, the only area available was the forest stage (they might've had the volcano, but I we never got there). They added Collect Bear Asses missions, leveling is magnitudes faster (mostly from the Bear Asses missions), they've added in something like five or six classes, a public item sales venue, MAGs to increase your stats and provide support functions, PSE Burst bonuses to encourage larger parties... basically, a shitton of poo poo.

My bro and I are on Ship 10, usually in Lobby/Floor 001 if anyone is interested in joining us. We both have a rudimentary understanding of Japanese, so we've made a couple buddies from the JP, but the more the merrier, right?

The character creator hasn't quite always been this good. They added the fourth accessory slots in episode 3.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

The White Dragon posted:

Oh hey, a new ship 10 buddy. What's your name on it?

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Closed beta was 3 classes, 2 areas, 1 emergency quest area, level 20 cap.

Now there's over 12 areas, 8 classes, many more emergency quests, entire story arcs if that's your thing, brand new skill trees that make things a lot more accessable. Aside from the core mechanics which were always fine, almost everything is new and improved. Definitely worth checking out if you've been gone for so long.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

You sir are one of my favorite goons, so I'll be rolling on Ship 10 tonight. :3:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Perfect.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

InfinityComplex posted:

Oh hey, a new ship 10 buddy. What's your name on it?

I'm Biggs, my friend is Kamalu if you see us online.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Biggs surprisingly has 3 entries for a character name.

Sent one to Kamalu and TBiggs in any case. And the other two Biggs as well.

Player Name's Saetri.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

A few months ago, they fixed the game to make it good, instead of good but also constantly and extremely broken.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Which is not to say it isn't still broken in smaller and less significant ways, but there's no longer a general state of "you're dead weight unless you're using one of these two or three specific things" or "the video game deleted all the important files on your computer"

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Is it me, or is Hunter just a little slow to start?

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
It's not just you, but they're hell on wheels in a scrap once you develop them. When you have Fury Stance built up and a second stance from your subclass of choice, you'll totally wreck dudes. Weapon gears and the skill that increases gear charge rate when in Fury Stance are also really important. And try to get PA discs off My Shop. Anything common will be super cheap, and even just starting out it will help to give more options.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

By the way, if anyone on Ship 10 wants to add me, I'm Chigau Yo.

...I couldn't exactly think of a name. :v:

Protocol 5 posted:

It's not just you, but they're hell on wheels in a scrap once you develop them. When you have Fury Stance built up and a second stance from your subclass of choice, you'll totally wreck dudes. Weapon gears and the skill that increases gear charge rate when in Fury Stance are also really important. And try to get PA discs off My Shop. Anything common will be super cheap, and even just starting out it will help to give more options.

I'm gonna be super dense here for a sec: what exactly is a PA?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Photon Arts, Phantasy Star's roundabout way of saying "combat techs that you equip to your weapons."

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Are we really gonna have multiple people just rolling on other ships for the hell of it now? Is ship 2's reputation getting that bad now?

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Protocol 5 posted:

Out of curiosity, why grab another stance? I just sort of assumed you could only have one active.

Relatedly, can anyone advise me on the most important skills to get on my fighter subclass as a hunter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
You can only have one stance from any single class running at once, but if you're running FI/HU you can have both Wise and Fury stances running at the same time and getting the bonuses from both.

• Locked thread